[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-English fa/tv/irgins, do they have theatres that show movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
Non-English fa/tv/irgins, do they have theatres that show movies in original language near you, or are they all dubbed?
>>
>>66576904
Yes
>>
>>66576904
Yes
>>
Lamb.
>>
>>66576904
I live in Paris, city of rich left winged bobo. So they show them in original language, and for the major release they show in both language
>>
>>66576904
France here, yes. They tend to show more and more movies in original language with shitty French subs, nowadays it's like 40% dub - 60% sub (in big cities, there are even more showings in the original language).
For children's cartoons such as Disney, it's 85% dub, 15% sub (and the sub showings are usually late in the evening).

Though my local arthouse does 100% original language unless it's czech children's cartoons.
>>
most non-kids stuff is subbed
>>
>>66576904
Children's movies are dubbed, rest are subbed.
>>
>>66577230
Where do they even find people to dub czech child cartoon ? Usually the more obscure stuff is always subbed
>>
>>66577230

>czech children's cartoons

Sounds patrician as fuck desu senpai
>>
Only kids' movies get dubbed where I live. My mum wouldn't let me watch dubbed movies, forced me to watch the ones in English, and now I know English and even have a comprehensible accent while most people of my age don't know English at all.
Dubs are for degenerates.
>>
>>66576904
I've lived in Italy and Spain. 99% of films are dubbed. And dubbed with the same 10 people for each country.
>>
>>66576904
Brazil here, most of the time both are available.
>>
Both in Mexico. Most of the times only kids' movies are dubbed in theatres here.
>>
>>66576904
It really depends on the movie.Some movies are dubbed,some subtitled,but if i go to the cinema i always choose a subtitled movie cause i like to hear the real actors voice
>>
>>66576904
Kazakh here, everything is in Russian. I'd pay a doubled price to watch a movie in English, subs or no subs, but I guess I just can't.
>>
>>66576904
Is this a Zootopia thead?
>>
In Spain unless you're in a fairly important town you have to stay with the dubbed version.

Thankfully dubbing in Spain is terrific for the most part so I enjoy both original and dubbed versions of everything.

Hate the elitism that some hipsters have against dubbing. It's an awesome job.
>>
>>66576904
I'm Flemish and only kids movies are dubbed here. People who complain about subtitles are fucking retarded.
>>
>>66578875
I feel you.

Tell me, do you have a voice actor for every role or just 1 dude dubbing everyone including dogs and shit (obviously joking about the dog part)
>>
>>66576904

They used to, but now I checked and it seems they have only dubbed now, probably original audio was not profitable, last cartoon I saw in a theater was Madagascar 2 and I saw it in original audio, there were like 5 people in theater includin me and my cousin.
>>
>>66582634

I now just realized you meant all movies, I thought you meant only cartoons because of your pic, so anyways, cartoons are only dubbed , live action movies are never dubbed.
>>
Depends a lot on the country

Spain: In general, 98% of films are dubbed. Maybe some films like Oscars' nominées have one pass in the original language with subtitles, but usually on unpopular hours.

And there are smaller cinemas that show independent films, documentaries, or classics with subtitles. The closer I have to my house is one of them.
>>
>>66576904
most kid movies are dubbed unfortunately. i never know how the original voicing went until the dvd/bd rip-- ahem, i mean, release
the others come in both subbed and dubbed versions, sometimes in their own projection rooms
>>
>>66582962
>-- ahem, i mean, release
Reddit pls go
>>
>>66577027
I live in Levallois Perret. Capital of left-wing bobo.
>>
>>66576904
There's always the dub and the sub versions, never an original language without the subs (reason why i nevet go to the cinema)
>>
>>66584752
Also, BR here
>>
>>66577286
muh nigga
>>
File: Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-01.jpg (21 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-01.jpg
21 KB, 511x340
>>66584666
>I live in Levallois Perret
>>
I live in South Korea. The English/American movies are almost always in the original language with Korean subtitles.
>>
>>66584752
>never an original language without the subs (reason why i nevet go to the cinema)

This. I could tolerate subs in the original language if there are shitty accents, but translations feel so wrong and are most of the time half-assed.

So I never go to the cinema.
>>
>>66580318

I know that feel man.

When dubbings done well...it's great.

I'm someone who can appreciate the original and the dub.
>>
hello western friends, here in south korea every foreign movie is subbed
>>
In Germany here we usually get one showing of the major blockbuster in original englisch language and in the last 2-3 years more and more turkish and russian screenings turned up.

There are some smaller arthouse cinemas but they were you mostly get subbed films, but they are normally shitty.
>>
>>66576904

In Argentina only PG-13 and E movies are dubbed (also you have the option to watch them in original language).
>>
Zootopia is FUCKING awesome. One of my favorite Disney movies.
>>
>>66580318
>Hate the elitism that some hipsters have against dubbing. It's an awesome job.

Yeah, honestly dubbing can be done pretty well sometimes, and let's be honest, most movies coming out nowadays aren't that good and aren't worthy of any elitism.
>>
File: suicide.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>Find movie online
>It's dubbed in Spain

There's NOTHING worse in the entire universe than THE TALENTLESS RETARDED SPANISH MONGOLOIDS DUBBING A MOVIE

THEY DON'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE IT GOOD

FUCK YOU SPAIN
>>
How lewd is this movie on a scale of 1 to HTH
>>
>>66585342

I hate when hipsters think they know everything:

>but you're perverting the source material. Das not how the characters are supposed to sound hurrr

Yet they dont have a problem watching the entire thing staring at subtitles instead of whatever you're supposed to be paying attention, missing the whole facial expressions, and other subtle interpretation skills.

Also
>tfw constantino romero is kill
Fug man i miss that voice. Original version terminator, darth vader and clint eastwood didn't stand a chance.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>66580318

>Dubbing in Spain is terrific
>>
>>66576904
all dubbed.. fuck my life, I don't even really go to the theater anymore except a cinematography fest like The Revenant
>>
>>66585858

Stop sexualizing everything you fucking degenerate
>>
Usually a choice between dub and subs for big movies. Often only subs.
>>
>>66576904
I doubt there is a studio that dubs movies in Afrikaans.
>>
File: 1441662615149.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441662615149.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>66576904
Spic here, depends on the movie.
Kid and bro dude movies like Fast and Furious are always dubbed (althought sometimes they put multiple screenings on different hours, some with subs and other with dubs, they did this Deadpool).
The rest are with subtitles.
>>
>>66580318
fuck no, depends a lot of on the movie (how much money is suppose to make) and also apart from the main characters the other cast is dubbed like shit.
>>
>>66585878
>spanish people are slow readers

Color me surprised
>>
File: 1450844545219.webm (134 KB, 782x718) Image search: [Google]
1450844545219.webm
134 KB, 782x718
>>66576904
Swefag here, everything is in English with subtitles. Disney movies and such are aired both dubbed and in their original language
>>
Britbong here, is this generally correct?

Mostly Subs:

Benelux, Scandinavia, poor balkan shitholes

Mostly dubs:

Romance speaking Europe, Germanic speaking Europe

Retarded half arsed voiceover shit:

Former commie-land
>>
>>66576904
I WANNA
>>
>>66586071
BE SEDATED
>>
>>66576904
I haven't been in a cinema for about 14 years, but I think only children's movies are dubbed
>>
Talking about Poland, I saw Grave of the Fireflies on what I believe is the national channel of theirs, TVP.

They don't dub it, but "tell" it. There's the original japanese dub under the narrator's audio at half the volume, while Sergei reads the translated script.
>>
>>66586040
>Retarded half arsed voiceover shit:

I hate that. Downloaded one by mistake on rutracker, sound like shit.

As for your list, I'm in France and we have a lot of subs now, especially in big cities. Though 10 years ago, I think it was mostly dubs, but things change.
>>
>>66586040
Probably, in northern Europe and the Netherlands/Belgium like 90% of the population speak fluent English and have no interest in shitty dubs. The exception being kids younger than 9 which might not be that good at reading yet, so animated shit is dubbed or ran in both languages
>>
>>66586197
Yes, things are really changing in France, and, not trying to be elitist or something, it's for the better, we'll be less shit at english if kids hear it spoken by true english or american people from a young age
>>
>>66576904
zootopia comes out march 4th remember that guys
>>
>>66586340

Portugal is mostly subs but their English is pretty shit, while Germany is almost all dubs but their English is good.
>>
>>66576904
Movies are subbed, children's movies and cartoons are dubbed.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.