[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>still no Halo movie It should have been released in 2008,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: Halo-combat-evolved.jpg (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Halo-combat-evolved.jpg
182 KB, 1024x768
>still no Halo movie

It should have been released in 2008, but it's still another eight years later and still nothing. What gives? It'd bring in $500 million easily
>>
>>66575696
Halo has been dead ever since Bungie stopped developing them

and you've seen the live action shit, it's awful. The marines in Halo, the grey aesthetic etc it was a rip off from Aliens. A movie would suck.
>>
>>66575696
I don't think Hollywood is that desperate yet. After all they still have mountains of comic books to create capeshit from.
>>
>>66575696
>No it wouldn't
I like halo and I still wouldn't watch a halo based movie also they already have movies they give to you for free if you buy mcc or halo 5 and they're also garbage as fuck
>>
>>66575696
If the Assassin's Creed movie does well then this will definitely be put back into consideration
>>
>>66575898
Is there actually hope for that?
>>
>>66576176
Good cast, and Kurzel seems talented
>>
>>66576176
I always feel like these historical action adventures are guaranteed to bomb and crash and never understand why they keep getting made. But with Fassbender and the sci-fi angle with secret society battles keeping it all together. It might be interesting enough to come out ahead.

Plus I think the games already have a pretty solid mainstream following to have a lot of built in interest for it
>>
>>66575696
>those ODST trailers that got you pumped for a live action film
too bad they never went anywhere with those
>>
File: 1368952315975.jpg (21 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
1368952315975.jpg
21 KB, 200x283
>>66575696
>2008 was seventeen years ago
>>
Wasn't District 9 actually supposed to be the Halo movie?
>>
>>66575696
Halo Landfall is what a Halo movie should be
>>
>halo
>relevant
you're more than a decade late friendo
>>
>>66576348
Yep
>>
>>66575754
This. I'm just replaying Halo anniversary and the story works pretty well for the game. It's simple and well executed but it's a complete aliens rip-off and the dialogue from anybody but Cortana is mediocre at best.
>>
>>66576348
Elysium is practically a fuck you to Microsoft. A showreel to show the visuals are acheivable.
>>
>>66575696
District 9 was made from the ashes of a Halo movie, if that counts for anything.
>>
>>66576708
Care to explain
>>
The chance is gone man, they needed to do it around the time of Halo 3

Nobody gives a fuck about Halo now, 4 was dogshit and 5 is mediocre
>>
>>66576176
I think they're taking a smart approach by not directly adapting one of the games.
>>
>>66576770
Director was supposed to be making halo with Perter Jackson producing, studio cancelled it, Peter Jackson felt bad for the director and gave him the budget for District 9
>>
>>66576708
I'm not sure this is correct. District 9 was the thing which got him the gig.
After Halo was canned he made Elysium. It even has a Halo type environment in it.
>>
>>66576798
Halo 4 was decent halo 5 is quite enjoyable but the only thing I hate in 5 is the pistol imbalancement and the dog shit community that thinks it's "perfect"
>>
>>66575696
Aren't there some Sy-Fy quality Halo movies?
>>
>>66576971
Halo 4 had a good campaign but shit multiplayer while halo 5 had a shit campaign and arguably the best multiplayer
>>
File: warthog2.jpg (276 KB, 706x478) Image search: [Google]
warthog2.jpg
276 KB, 706x478
If they were to make a Halo movie what would the plot be about?

The first game? Fall of reach?
>>
>>66577174
Fall of Reach would be nice or maybe following a squad of marines and ODSTS in self contained movies
>>
>>66575696
Back to veddit /v/irgin.
>>
>>66577095
Pretty good opinion I love the multiplayer for 5 but the pistol makes me get off the game sometimes for how stupid it is, I sometimes go to polls and forums on halo way point to see if they'll be a patch or a petition for one but instead I'm greeted to halo championship bullshit and to see cancerous posts from the god awful community
>>
>>66577451
Yeah if they nerfed it just a bit it would be great
Also
>He went on Halo Waypoint
It is nearly as bad as neo gaf
>>
File: v.png (167 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
v.png
167 KB, 709x636
>>66575696
>>
I think a Halo movie would be good if it followed some of the books rather than the games or if they made self contained stories during the war
>>
>>66577633
If that were to happen I don't think I could stomach the god awful cg the would use
>>
>>66577692
I felt that Forward Until Dawn looked good when you couldn't really see the Covenant. Like that bit where you see the Elites lights while its walking towards the statue. If it was like that then it would be serviceable
>>
>>66577804
Do you think it will look good if they used practical and cg say for the flood
>>
>>66577964
Practical with bits of cg for the flood would great. The Covenant would difficult though. Maybe practical for the grunts and Brutes.
>>
>>66577692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yp5jN6kRO0

this is what neil would have made instead of district 9
>>
File: 1453764218208s.jpg (4 KB, 104x124) Image search: [Google]
1453764218208s.jpg
4 KB, 104x124
>>66578093
>We will never see a Halo film by Neil Blomkamf
Time to hang myself
>>
The first game's plot was absolutely spectacular, and despite all the naysayers WOULD translate well to film.
>introduced to characters as they fly through space
>flashbacks/voiceovers to explain Reach disaster
>find mysterious alien Ring World
>audience sees vicariously through the main character as he discovers the unknown planet, forerunner structures and eventually the Flood

It's pretty perfect. Too bad every Halo game after #1 was god-fucking-awful plot wise.
>>
>>66575696
there already is a halo movie.
>>
>>66575696
If they ever did a Halo film, I would advise that they go with this trailer direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S5I0_hjS3c

If I were in charge, I would do a film with ODST first, as an introduction to the universe. They'd be on a mission to locate and activate the last Spartan providing him with a chip of that contains his mission, info on the Halo rings and how he's to destroy them. As soon as he's awoken and then provided the mission chip, what's left of his humanity creates the A.I. Cortana based on his conscious. the second film could follow Master Chief and then the rest of the story.

Obviously, I'm not very familiar with the game.
>>
>>66578339
I don't think you should introduce Spartans in the first film, maybe have a veteran of the insurrectionist war training a bunch of people on a colony. Covenant attacks then the rookies and the veteran have to repel them and nearly everyone dies. With this you could show how powerful the aliens are and giving out the lore.
>>
Does anybody even still like Halo?
>>
>All these people wanting the first movie to be a spinoff and not an adaptation of the first one

What the fuck, /tv/
>>
halo hasn't been relevant for almost a decade
>>
>>66578212
Fuck that, make it a 10-part miniseries
>each level is approximately one episode
>flashbacks to Reach, family on earth, early glassing prior to Reach (establish the setting/lore)
>establish how fucked humanity has been so far and how desperate this war has become
>expand on the game, focus on how humanity as a whole is fighting for survival
>mirroring the struggle of the Pillar of Autumn's crew as they fight a bitter, all-out guerrilla war with the Covenant on Halo
>not another FUCK YEAH HUMANITY alien movie:
>emphasize how the humans are outnumbered, outgunned, outfought at every turn and the Covenant are pretty much unstoppable in their genocidal jihad against humanity
>Master Chief is pretty much the only good card we have, and even that has limitations
>primary antagonist goes from Covenant to flood (maybe briefly Guilty Spark)
>breathtaking landscapes, go full James Cameron with the visual effects
>have the same kind of epic music score as the game
>really drive home the mystery and exploration aspect of the game.

It would cost $100 million but if you marketed it right you'd make it all back.
>>
>>66578521
I'm pretty sure that its in the top ten most played games on Xbox Live.

>>66578541
I just feel like the games wouldn't adapt well and if you make it a spin off and people like it then start to base it off the games then
>>
>>66578592
>Halo Legends
>Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
>Halo: Nightfall
>Halo: The Fall of Reach

We've had plenty of spinoffs already. We need the big one to get a theatrical flick at least.
>>
>>66578555
Show the Arbiter when he's attacking reach and when he's commanding the armada on the Halo ring and it would be GOAT.
>>
If you make it properly, as a love story between a cyborg and an AI, with a background of ancient alien tech which threatens all life in the galaxy, then there should be no problems.
>>
>>66577633
Fall of Reach - The Flood (made more accurate to the game) - First Strike trilogy when?
>>
>>66575696
>It'd bring in $500 million easily
kek. Halo is irrelevant. They've already made halo anime and TV series and have flopped spectacularly. Halo was only a fad, and this one has dies out. Even the latest halo game is the lowest selling one.
>>
>>66578674
>anime

Found your problem right there.
>>
>>66578666
Never read the Flood but I really want a First Strike movie, also Ghosts of Onyx when?

>>66578632
I mean a spin off with a proper budget, the only half decent one you listed was FOD, the others are pretty bad. I also haven't watched Fall of Reach
>>
>>66578725
Ghosts of Onyx was fucking amazing but 4 and what I've seen of 5 ruined it
>>
>>66578725
The Flood is just the first game but worse, if a movie is made out of it they should just stick to the game. Ghosts of Onyx or Contact Harvest would also be amazing.
>>
>>66578756
What was ruined? its been a very long time since I read it
>>
>>66578789
The book makes a lot of implications about the fate of the Forerunners that Halo 4/5 stomp all over.
>>
>>66578494
thats the exact story of forward unto dawn you fuckhead
>>
>>66575754
this

a halo movie would have been good with bungie, but 343i would make it fucking lame as fuck like everything else they did, fuck all their characters are so bad
>>
>>66578695
>ignores everything else
The funny part will be when uncharted 4 sells twice that day 1.
>>
>>66576574
It was a fuck you to more than MS if you know what I mean. I mean that it wasn't good.
>>
>>66575696
The devs admitted to making the levels first and thr story second. Gtfo with baby's first fps
>>
>>66578555
no, no more fucking series
>>
>>66578888
Huh I was thinking of Contact Harvest
>>
>>66575696
doing a halo movie over

uncharted
last of us
far cry

yeah okay bawd keep dreaming

halo movie would be dump and they already missed the boat
>>
>>66579045
Uncharted and The Last of Us are cinematic enough on their own. Far Cry might be okay but what really seperates it from other Africa-core action thrillers?
>>
>>66575696
its a generic sci-fi shooter that nobody gives a shit about anymore
its bland, repetitive and unoriginal
>>
>>66577174

Fall of reach could make a great fucking film.

It should be a grim and dark film though: Reach, the only world close to the might of Earth is caught by surprise by the alien fleet. Scenes with burning cities, huge Covenant ship aligning in low orbit to open fire. The landing of the enemy troops while whats left of the human forces try to coordinate a response while trying to call Earth for help.

There's no need to even pack the film with tons of shooting scenes. For me the game was all about the sense of desperation and lose of hope. The heroes sacrificing to give Master Chief and Cortana a chance of fighting back.
>>
>>66576574
elysium is a battle angel alita ripoff except with spics and WASPS instread of cyborg junkies and desty nova
>>
Last year they said Showtime was producing with Spielberg an Halo series, not if its still alive.
>>
>>66581388
I hope its still happening
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.