[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loving Vincent, animation about Van Gogh will be the first a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: 06.jpg (575 KB, 2000x1446) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
575 KB, 2000x1446
Loving Vincent, animation about Van Gogh will be the first animation done in 100% in oil painting, it looks nice as fuck. Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=47h6pQ6StCk
>>
It's really weird to see his style animated like that
>>
>>66572051
saw this on facebook :^). there was also an otherone, twice as long, but not as well animated.

Isn't he pictured more handsome than he actually was? I got the feeling he looked more like Rorschach not as SeanConnery/ChrisBale
>>
>>66572159
I think all of his self-portraits are pretty consistent with reality. He looks like Rorschach in most of them.
>>
Looks really fascinating, but hopefully there will be some substance as well
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 358x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 358x443
>>66572051
>movie runtime is 80 minutes
Wish it was longer but considering that the process of making this movie is already fucking difficult, I don't complain. Can't wait.
>>
It looks pretty good and hopefully it'll have a nice tone and story to it as well.

>>66572159
The character looks more like Ralph Fiennes.
I'm also of the opinion that he's usually portrayed as more attractive than he might have been.
>>
>>66572236
Time=money is so literally true for animation that you have to forgive it.
>>
>>66572051
>Loving Vincent, animation about Van Gogh will be the first animation done in 100% in oil paintin
No, it won't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ih1IRIRxI

The first feature film maybe.
>>
>>66572051
The trailer could have been better, but I'm actually excited for this. It looks really cool, and I always appreciate animation.
>>
>>66572125
It's not really in "his" style, we tried to emulate it, but individual styles of every painter definitely came through.

AMA, I was one of these painters (Wroclaw University of Design student back then), I guess.
>>
>>66572285
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint-on-glass_animation

I don't think this is the same thing
>>
>>66572335
You obviously tried to emulate some of his more famous things, it look really nice in animation.
How long did it took to make ?
>>
>>66572335
How many painters worked on it?
>>
>>66572051
>Done in oil painting
>literally aftereffects filter
>Studio's making big $$$ off the hard work off struggling artists
>will definitely torrent and pass around
>>
What the fuck is happening in this thread, is /tv/ actually having a discussion?
>>
>>66572343
The technique might not be the exact same, but are you implying what Petrov is doing isn't painting? The point is that it allows him to manipulate the painting so it can be reused for several frames.
>>
>>66572481
>but are you implying what Petrov is doing isn't painting?
No, I'm implying it's not the same thing.
>>
>>66572335
Did you have to repaint an entire painting for every frame or you guys just erasedsome parts and painted over it
>>
>>66572380
We were all assigned 30-40 seconds segments, it took me about 3 months to finish mine (thanks to that I didn't have to do anything else for the semester), but it's not like you had to work on it all the time. It isn't as hard or time consuming as it seems. Call it a cop out, but I used Adobe Premiere and only drew things that were moving and then put them against a static background.

Most of the people painted everything for every frame, but it wasn't because they wanted to be more artistic or whatever, but because they didn't know any better.

>>66572412
I heard 100, personally only know 23 volunteers from my class (including me).
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmawsQwnKqU

I remember something like this.
>>
Just looks like A Scanner Darkly.
>>
>>66572555
That was rotoscoping, which is completely different.
>>
File: 1412372127452.png (5 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1412372127452.png
5 KB, 193x200
>a hundred artists in a sweatshop painting over live action footage
>so beautiful and artistic!!
>>
The best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ih1IRIRxI
>>
>>66572629
Well, it definitely looks like there has been used some amount of rotoscoping in the trailer.
>>
>>66572629
The only difference is ASD was done with a computer while this film is using humans to get results a computer could produce.
>>
>>66572495
Well that isn't the point. As the other anon said, there has already been a movie done entirely in oil paint, what it was painted on is irrelevant.
You can say it's the second (Possibly) movie done with oil paintings.
>>
>>66572693
There has been more. They claim it's the first feature length painted movie.
>>
It looked great at first but the rotoscoping ruins it somewhat for me
>>
>>66572051
That looks so good I might just have to jerk off to it.
>>
They're raping Van Gogh. Raping him like this.
>>
>12fps
when will cartoons step it up to 24.
>>
Why go through such a difficult creation process to tell such a boring story
>>
>>66572883
OMG dude that is so funny!! xD upvoted my good man
>>
>>66572816
it's not rotoscoping though, they just use earlier frames for reference by simply looking at them. as far as i know they don't have specific video/photo scenes as reference for their painting scenes.
>>
>>66572994
Richard Williams animated in ones for his film The Thief and the Cobbler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HR4Junqmzg

Too bad he spent way too much time on it. In the end Disney shut him down, shat out what they could easily scrape together at that point, and made sure it would never threaten their own film Aladdin.
>>
>>66572476
shut the fuck up, please dont ruin it.
>>
>>66572555
No, not really.
>>66572691
are you memeing or just kind of blind? the look is totally different, the rotoscopy in a scanner darkly had no texture at all, only colors. Its a different feel for the movie, both methods are pretty interesting and apply to different cases.
>>
>>66572673
there hasn't
>>
>>66572647
beautiful.
>>
>>66572547
Could you tell us a more precise release date of this film?
>>
>>66573087
>In the end Disney shut him down
Wait, is that really what happened?
>>
>>66573012
Get out
>>
>>66572051
impressive
>>
>>66573274
Sorry. It was a long time since I heard the story, and I seem to think that I remembered it better than it did. Disney's involvement was getting the distribution rights to the american market after it was already shut down, and then released in an even more butchered version.
>>
>>66572051
if you're going to do this why not do actual animation and not meme rotoscoping. it always looks shitty and unnatural
>>
http://delve.tv/the-long-game-part-3/
>>
>>66572051
>will be the first animation done in 100% in oil painting

Look up "rotoscope animation."
>>
>>66573639
kys
>>
At least Petrov doesn't bother with rotoscoping
>>
>>66572051
lel maybe first 20 seconds look animated, everything past that is live-action with filters
wow so hard lmao
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.