[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am i supposed to feel bad for the people that were dumb enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: wolf_wall_street2.jpg (258 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
wolf_wall_street2.jpg
258 KB, 750x500
am i supposed to feel bad for the people that were dumb enough to get fucked over by him
>>
>>66570143
No you aren't
>>
>>66570143
Interestingly, those are the only people you should feel bad for. There's no need to feel bad for those who, for example, were intelligent enough to either get or not get fucked over by him. It's the dumb and vulnerable people that are in need of your sympathy, the others are fine without it. Consider the vulnerable people in your life that you hold dear, and ponder on this.
>>
>>66570143
You're supposed to look at his excess and come to the conclusion that no one needs it and that it is fundamentally destructive to the human spirit.
>>
>>66570143
The world would be a better place if people like you all died at once.
>>
>>66570311

woah dont get cunty m8
>>
>>66570283
>in need of
Only if there's literal fraud. I don't care otherwise
>implying this movie isn't gross simplicity
>>
>>66570143

Yes, yes you are. If you don't you honestly might be a sociopath.
>>
>>66570422
People with Antisocial personality disorder deserve all the cuntyness they get senpai.
>>
File: 1960.png (120 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1960.png
120 KB, 500x380
>>66570143
only a soulless animal, which one can find in Africa or ISIS raping children and killing, only such a person doesn't feel bad for vulnerable people. thank god you are not white.
>>
>>66570448
>>66570510
>>66570628

back to lebbit
>>
>>66570670

>Human empathy is reddit now
>>
>>66570710
>now
>>
>>66570670
>I am a social retard
>better start memeing
>let's go full memeecoore
>Lebbit (cool like reddit, but more memey)

end your life faggot, serve the human race at least once.
>>
I thought he mostly fucked over dumb rich guys
>>
>>66570143
You're suppose to feel bad for all the people who were influenced by him or inspired to be like him. His disposition corrupts the free market into, at least as it's shown, barbarism.
>>
The film didn't even focus on the victims enough to feel any sort of empathy, it was just about him doing stupid shit and patronising the audience. I did, on the other hand, feel bad for the victim of a similar scam in Boiler Room.
>>
>>66570749

he did after he actually moved to wallstreet

when he was in that garage they went after normal people
>>
File: millenial shitposter.jpg (505 KB, 1506x1144) Image search: [Google]
millenial shitposter.jpg
505 KB, 1506x1144
>>66570143
you are probably one of those burgerline retards in his late teens or early 20's, that believes he is a role-model something one should strive to be like, a sociopath that made his money scamming gullible people, the "new-american". thank god, fagfucks like you end up as NEET's else the world would be a more degenerate place than it currently is.
>>
>>66570795
>Boiler room

That was the same actor though, wasn't it?
>>
>>66570143
No, they didn't even focus in that in the movie.
>>
>>66570670
Man, that's the go-to comeback for literally everything.
>>
>>66570988
Apparently, Jordan Belfort thinks Boiler Room is about him, but everybody else thinks otherwise. I preferred that film because it showed how sad, uneducated and crass these boiler room scammers really are. It showed you how badly these scams can fuck a family over instead of glorifying it in the way that Wolf of Wall Street did. Don't get me wrong, it's an entertaining film, but the amount of people that idolise him is cringeworthy and rather sad. The part that most annoyed me was when DiCaprio would begin explaining a scam and then say "but what do you care anyway?" I think that really explained a lot about the movie's main demographic.
>>
>>66571104

i dont think people idolize belfort, they just like watching leo act like a madman on camera

if someone actually thinks they should strive to be like him they're either a fucking retard or a psychopath
>>
>>66571182
Clearly you've never met any Gordon Gekko wannabe cunts in most financing majors.
>>
>>66571182
>>66571204

I've been using Instagram for a few years, probably opened an account a year before that film released, and as soon as it came out I saw a lot more people liking photos of expensive watches, supercars and aspiring for an overly ostentatious lifestyle. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but it is a fact that many people idolise Belfort and his easy money, crazy lifestyle.
>>
"It's other people's fault I wasted my money"
You all are no different than HAES
>>
>>66570748
>tfw have a trust fund from granddad
>tfw don't do shit with my life
>tfw you are still a salty jealous wage slave pretending you do something that validates your life
I'll just be over here enjoying the time I have doing anything I want, while you go serve the human race
>>
>>66570283
Blessed are the meek
>>
>>66571312
Because an extravagant lifestyle looks fun. I thought that was one of WoWS's strengths - it acknowledges and explores desires rather than just making a standard moral story.

People will do what they want to do, in spite of what they see in a movie. To hold a movie on trial for people's actions is silly.
>>
>>66570143
>>66570143
>feel bad
are you stupid? Dude broke the law. He used loopholes to disguise his fledgling brokerage as an older legitimate one. He didn't pay taxes, admittedly used rat holes and knew what he was doing was illegal.

Stealing dumb people's money isn't the problem, the act of theft was the problem. If you went to a bar and started beating up racist bikers with a pool cue, it's not your choice of victim that makes what you do legitimate (unless it's a fucking enemy combatant in a war or something) because the act itself is illegal.

Who the fuck cares if his victims 'deserved' it or whatever. Dude could have sold amway products and stayed out of jail, instead he chose to break the law and he got caught. If anything, the law was very kind to him, like they are with all white collar criminals. Dude had a blast the whole ride and still fleeces assholes of money, only now he does it more legitimately and even less ethically.
>>
>>66570710
Not him, but easy, exaggerated, and self-righteous "empathy" is totally reddit
>omg how can you not support Bernie? Do you want to give more money to banks?!
>what do you mean you don't support welfare? You want those people to starve?
>ugh, you DON'T support free perfect Healthcare for everyone?
>>
>>66572187
That's hardly the same as feeling bad for the old lady scammed out of her nest egg is it.
>>
>>66570143
>am I supposed to feel bad for you dumb wife/daughter that put herself in the position of getting gang raped by a pack of niggers?
>>
>>66572232
You're right, it isn't, which is why it's wrong to say that it's reddit
>>
File: sSqVi.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
sSqVi.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>66571816
>being a trustfund baby
>a decaying parasite spending someone elses hard earned cash
>not having any purpose other than to spread crap and cynicism over the web
not even worth enough being called a human. great job anon, you really showed that guy. you should really kill yourself, it would be probably the single most valuable achievement in your life.
>>
>>66571975
Absolutely. It wasn't the film's fault that for the viewers actions, but the easily manipulated, overly material idiots who took it too seriously are rather cringeworthy. Having nice things, having money is great, but I feel there should be a balance.
>>
>>66571104
If you're talking about the idolisation in the movie, that can also be chalked up to those scenes from Belfort's perspective. Of course he's the egomaniac who still remembers everyone flocking towards him and lifting him up like Jesus. It's over exaggerated for a reason.
>>
I legit got a boner when they shaved that girls head
>>
>>66570143
Yes.

The whole dog eat dog, Social Darwinism bullshit is just a meme for edgetards.
>>
let me break it to you son
>>
>>66570628
Lel, according to Jordan Belfort the only reason he was capable of fucking all those people over was because he was Jewish, something they cut out of the film.
>>
>tfw you'll never eat quaaludes like candy
>>
>>66570143
I only felt bad for his first wife from the beginning, when she was cucked.
>>
Not feeling bad for the underpaid gov agent

My uncle worked for the fbi and you get shit pay for the first 15 years even as a seasoned agent u only get a moderate salary
>>
He barely fucked anyone over, the movie greatly exaggerated that point
What he did was store money offshore and cheat with revenues, shady shit like that

Jordan Belfort was a great man and a fantastic salesman, I have nothing but respect for him
>>
File: 1454809324790.jpg (8 KB, 240x212) Image search: [Google]
1454809324790.jpg
8 KB, 240x212
>>66570510
>People with Antisocial personality disorder deserve all the cuntyness they get senpai.
>is being antisocial and cunty himself
wot
>>
>>66570143

not really

its a doggy dog world anon
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.