[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix has a lot of standup. Some of it is based (pic related)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: billburr.jpg (20 KB, 296x400) Image search: [Google]
billburr.jpg
20 KB, 296x400
Netflix has a lot of standup. Some of it is based (pic related) some of it is shit (Aziz Ansari)

What's good and what should I avoid?
>>
i heard bill burr is good and aziz ansari is pretty shit
>>
>>66565572
Only watch white male comedians who don't wear Tumblr glasses.
>>
>>66565634
thanks senpai I'll be sure to check him out

Really though guys what's good. I checked out Ralphie May, he kind of sucks. Chris Porter is fuckin great.
>>
>>66565634
really? Who'd you hear that from?
>>
>>66565572
just watched 2 of his stand ups it's good shit
>>
File: fejfioljef.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
fejfioljef.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>watching stand up
>>
>watching movies
>>
Hannibal Buress
Louis C.K

I don't know what else is on Netflix.
>>
>>66565572
IF ONLY NETFLIX HAD SOME SORT OF RATINGS SYSTEM TO INDICATE WHAT YOU MIGHT LIKE OR DISLIKE
>>
>>66565572
avoid anything Doug Benson

He had a special on netflix that was so bad I actually got mad watching it
>>
>>66565821
Too many people watch my account to use it reliably.
>>
>>66565572
JUST
>>
>>66565572
Anthony Jeselnik - Thoughts and Prayers
John Mulaney - The Comeback Kid
both great
>>
Tom Segura
>>
>>66566314
I'm watching him now, he's pretty good. The bit about coming inside vs. pulling out was great.

>>66566238
I will check these out, thnx anon
>>
>>66565881
Then get your own account.

Right after you get a job, apparently.
>>
>>66566337
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless it's to contribute to the thread, dicksneeze.
>>
Chelsea Peretti has a really good show and she's also a qt.
>>
>>66566391
>ywn kiss her nose and call her a beautiful Roman Goddess while cuddling
I just wanna build her up, Bros.
>>
>>66565805
Hannibal sucks.
>>
>>66566391
Her ass is fantastic.
>>
>bill burr
>good

Pick one

He's basically a tumblr comedian i.e. a social commentary comedian, only difference is that he leans right instead of left.
>>
>>66566903
I still cant get over how people who were considered left ten years ago are now the right.
>>
>>66566673
His new special was dreadful.
>>
>>66566989
That's because you Americans have no idea what exactly left or right is. You just go from one of the spectrum to the other and people are equally batcrazy at either end.
>>
Doug Stanhope beer hall putsch is worth watching for sure
All of Louis CK's stuff is funny
Patton oswalt has a good one up
Tom Segura kills in both his Netflix specials
Dave attell has a road work one up that's good
Bobby Kelly village underground is funny

I hated Tony Hinchcliffs' special, Brent Morins' was awful, stewart lee is usually great, but his last one stunk, mike birbiglia is terrible
>>
File: 1442018652645.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1442018652645.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>66566903
>>
>>66565572
Haha DALE! Mr Worldwide
>>
I like Bill Burr until he starts getting all Bostony
>>
>>66567006
>THAT'S BECAUSE AMERICANS
Holy shit you fucking foreign fag insignificant cunt please stop posting in every thread. You don't matter. You're not American therefore you do not matter. We understand this upsets you but lashing out at us in every thread is accomplishing nothing.
>>
>>66566391
>qt

She's like the definition of a bag face. Great body, hideous face.
>>
Aziz Ansari's standup is probably the worst I've ever heard from someone I recognized.
>>
>>66565572
LIKE YEAH SO I WAS LIKE DOING THIS, THIS, YOU KNOW, LIKE, THIS THING AND I SAID SOMETHING LIKE, LIKE, YOU KNOW

He sounds like he has a polite version of fucking tourettes, he is annoying as all fuck.

Jim Jefferies is pretty much the only decent comic.
>>
File: Tay tay.gif (976 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
Tay tay.gif
976 KB, 500x245
>>66565572
>he doesn't like based Tom Haverford
>>
John Mulaney is good
Tom Segura is good
Doug Stanhope - Beer Hall Putsch is good
Todd Barry - Crowd Work is good
Colin Quinn Unonstitional is pretty good.
Chris Porter is pretty good.

Brent Morin is shit
Chris Delia is shit
>>
>>66569674
Chris Delia is alright tier. He has natural charisma and his improvisational skills are great but his jokes overstay their welcome, he will literally stumble into something and drive it into the floor for the next minute.
>>
"these ain't no preshow jitters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUfE5eXzvA
>>
>>66565572
chris tucker's standup was pretty great
>>
You got it mixed up, OP.
Louis CK is literally the male version of Amy Schumer and similar comedians; jokes about dicks and vulgar shit are so funny coming from unattractive fat old people, right? XD

Aziz at least tries to be funny without being vulgar as hell. He tries to make his jokes funny, not situationally quirky based on his body/age/sexploitation
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.