[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since when does "same opportunity" become the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 214x317
Since when does "same opportunity" become the same as "same rate of success"?? Nobody is telling niggers they can't act or create movies.
>>
>>66564614
What is a nigger and who is this dusky beast?
>>
>>66564614
>nobody is telling them they can't act or create movies

A year ago Birdman won Best Pic over Selma, because Birdman was the more technically-proficient, groundbreaking Film with a capital F.

This year Spotlight won, a film where the director just pointed the camera at whoever was talking, and that movie beat Revenant and Fury Road both.

Films of all cultures have seen box office success. Give everyone in the U.S. the same opportunity, and they all can etc etc you're not even reading and are just gonna post racist shit aren't you?
>>
>>66564614
I suppose Chris Rock wants black men to play Jay Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, an irsh migrant, a southern slaver, Romeo, a cop infiltrating the irish mob, a guy in alaska and so on and whanot. I'm sorry history is mosty white and black people have no stories worth telling besides drug dealers, slaves, athletes, and musicians.
>>
>>66566306
i read the whole thing where were you going with this though you don't seem to get OP's point
>>
>>66564614
Niggers are worthless and dont deserve any opportunities.
>>
>>66566306
>Give everyone in the U.S. the same opportunity

Everybody in the USA pretty much has the same amount of opportunity, some more than others via things like Affirmative Action.

The truth is that certain groups of people are non marketable to a certain degree.
>>
>>66566809
I don't think even he knows where he was going. Started off good then went into a ditch. Must have been a dindu running from the scene of a crime.
>>
>>66566306

Selma was a shit movie with an agenda though, don't make a film about history if you're not going to present the true facts.
>>
Just give the Oscars to black people already. It's OUR turn.
>>
>>66566962
I find it offensive that, you as a white man, should determine what "facts" are for minorities.
>>
>>66564614
equality of opportunity and equality of outcome are not the same thing but uneducated people have a poor grasp on such things.
>>
>>66567015
I hope they give one to the shittiest black movie they can find.
>>
>>66567017
>I don't like the history of my ancestors so it should be ok for me to make some shit up and pass it off as fact, and guilt anyone who doesn't play along
>>
blacks suck lmao
>>
>>66566819
Fuck you.
>>
File: lol.jpg (445 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
445 KB, 1080x1080
What's the genre name for these types of movies with an all black cast? I see them around here and there but I don't usually watch them. They usually look pretty generic. Are they actually popular with black people?
>>
>>66564614
Really sick of this race shit, imagine if white America boycotted basketball cos there were too many blacks? The world would derp the fuck out at how racist white people are.
To me skin colour is as irrelevant as eye colour or whether you have facial hair or not.
Maybe black people need to identify as human beings,not this "black people" self seclusion then outward projection bullshit, cos white folk are actually retarded enough to agree.
>>
Their only argument to why they weren't nominated was accusing a racist conspiracy. Not one mention of the fact maybe none of their performances warranted nominations
>>
>It's really hard for black actors to get movie roles

Someone needs to put this retard out of his misery.
>>
>>66568554
Blaxploitation?
>>
The world needs Trump so bad.
>>
>>66566306

Selma was dreadful and boring, oscar bait at it's worst.
>>
>>66566767
If the last Best Pics Winners' scriptwriters and directors wrote solely for black actors there'd still be complaints "2016 and still slaving for the white man"
Are there any good black directors?
>>
>>66568554
>that pic
black """""""""culture"""""""""
>>
File: 20160123_woc197.png (74 KB, 1190x756) Image search: [Google]
20160123_woc197.png
74 KB, 1190x756
The whole thing is a load of fucking shit anyway, black people are overrepresented in Oscar wins.

>pic fucking related

When is this victim complex shit going to end, fuck I hate these progressive leftist cucks, their arguments don't even make sense when you look at the statistics.
>>
>>66568780
Why did you edit out the jews? Post the real version
>>
>>66567015
The boss of the academy is a nigress. So there's that.
>>
>>66564614
He should start a production company like plan b and try to get movies off the ground. Call it plan black or whatever, but nope, everybody else is supposed to do the leg work and none of the black actors.
>>
>>66568836
I didn't make it. But you are right. If we are gonna start complaining about over representation at the Oscars, or Hollywood in general, why the fuck is everyone just ignoring the massive number of Jewish actors?

Seriously, they make up like 2% of the US population, but at least ~50% of Hollywood.

#oscarssojew
>>
File: 1385417865189.jpg (176 KB, 1800x1325) Image search: [Google]
1385417865189.jpg
176 KB, 1800x1325
>>66567207

>the next Madea movie sweeps the Oscars
>niggers finally develop a sense of shame and shut the fuck up about muh Oscars
>>
File: 1405098605910.jpg (18 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
1405098605910.jpg
18 KB, 320x220
>>66566767

> I'm sorry history is mosty white and black people have no stories worth telling besides drug dealers, slaves, athletes, and musicians.

Actually, you make somewhat of a valid point. African Americans before the 1960's, at least in North America did not have much opportunity to play any real significant role in U.S. history other than civil rights activist, abolitionists, soldiers, (house/plantation)slaves and the general dis-fortunate.

Not withstanding a few exceptions, whites have, either aggressively or passively, dominated western history in North America and Europe. Therefore they are, and for some time will be, the main historical actors of the periods people in the present time who go to movies will be interested in.

That we become aware of this situaties does not mean that black actors or screenwriters have to 'catch-up' by forcing black cinema in Hollywood. Realistic representation of society always lacks behind. In 1998, Morgan Freeman was one of the first African Americans to play a black president in a movie that was not a comedy or science fiction (Deep Impact), something that would not be believable in pre-Clinton U.S. In a few years the western world will be accustomed to a more diverse set of historical actors and a more diverse set of cinematic actors will be chosen to depict them.
>>
>>66569133
thanks for the blog post, you're like a sjw einstein
>>
>>66569133
>diverse set of historical actors and a more diverse set of cinematic actors will be chosen to depict them.

You forget that the whole point of movies is to make money. White actors are the majority, since white people are still the majority. White people want to see characters that are similar to them, that they can related to. If anything we might see more Latino actors, since they are a growing demographic, but then, a lot of them can pass as 'white'.

It's all about money.
>>
>>66564614
>image.jpg
>is a terrible thread

BAN MOBILE POSTERS
>>
File: 1341582940780.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1341582940780.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>66564614
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqUJJaXGCM

based viggo
>>
Honestly with all those rappers constantly taking away roles from potentially good black actors its no surprise there are no young Samuel l. Jacksons or Morgan Freemans.
>>
>>66569393
Stop complaining like it effects you personally. It doesn't. Grow up.
>>
Actual black person here. Yeah, no shit more whites were nominated. Whites make more films. This would be like complaining about the lack of aboriginals on Australian television despite them making up less than 3% of the population.
>>
>>66567017
I know right. Math and physics are terrible whitesplainings of Yakub's universe too. Sickens me to the horizontal nosebone of mine.
>>
>>66569264

I agree. The whole industry is about selling tickets and blurays, money.

The last ten years, nearly all best actor winners could not be any other than white. Hugh Glass, Stephen Hawkin, Abraham Lincoln, George Valentin, King George VI, Harvey Milk and Daniel Plainview are necessary white characters. That is not racism, that is character drama's being the best candidates for Oscars for a very long time.
>>
>>66568554
Insert the name of whatever genre they're trying to do, "but with black people"
>>
>>66569176

Thanks.
>>
>>66569452
Not even these liberal whities care about your opinion, friend. I'm sure 95% of black people would agree with you. Liberal whities just want to seem like they're fighting for something so they all literally parrot the first thing someone said that was "bad".
>>
>>66564614

Equality in society should be derived from equal OPPORTUNITY to achieve things.

Equality doesn't mean equal representation of every single race or gender. You have to work hard, you have to personally achieve these things.

I do think that African Americans have it more difficult in terms of opportunities, but this is partially due to the type of society and "communities" they've created for themselves.

Minorities in America seemingly have this opinion of categorizing everyone with white skin into the same category, if they're Russian, Finnish Spanish or French. All the same. And they have an assumption that these people basically waltz through live and achieve things automatically without doing much to deserve it. If this is their main focus, why not focus on Jewish people, especially in Hollywood where Jewish nepotism and preference is an actual real thing?
>>
>>66568554
I know a guy who was in Jumping the Broom, he was in the band during one of the dinner scenes I think.

Apparently the director went to pretty great lengths to cast all the servant roles with white extras to create an "anti-slavery look and feel" (my buddy's words )

MakING a black family look like they own white slaves is not any more anti-slavery than making it look like a white family owns black slaves
>>
requesting the pic with black people standing in lines for Oscars and empty desk of acting school
>>
>>66564614
I bet that in 5 years you can't even make a documentary about the Han dynasty without niggers crying about not being included.
>>
ayo gibes me sum o dat whiteboi
>>
>>66568475
What are you going to do about it, nigger?
>>
>>66564614
I lowkey feel hollywood rejects actually talented black people. Cos black movies used to hold up. I think in the 2000s hollywood was like, 'thats too much success' and now they just let the bafoonery tyler perry movies get made.
>>
>>66569890
So you're telling me the jews that run hollywood don't like money?
>>
>>66569625
>I do think that African Americans have it more difficult in terms of opportunities, but this is partially due to the type of society and "communities" they've created for themselves.
This so much.
When a black person starts doing well in school, it sure as fuck isn't white people discouraging them.

And you're right about the whole minorities not really understanding what life is like for white. Maybe we don't deal with racism as much (though that seems to slowly be changing) but we still have to succeed on your own merit. There's a reason poor white people exist.
>>
>>66568554

>jerry ferrara
>black
>>
>>66567017
Facts are the same for everyone bud
>>
>>66567207
>tfw we live in a era where the wayans could realistically win an oscar
>>
>>66569902
Black movies dont make alot money cos of smaller target audiece and secondly people will pay to see anything as you should know i.e. this year in 'film'
>>
>>66569794
>>66569625
Jews have created an eternal victim image for themselves which puts them on the level or even above coloreds on the oppression pyramid. I've seen nigger activists screaming about how "whites invented genocide", referring of course to the great shoah of 6 million ashkenazi lampshades. Of course low iq nigger rabble haven't a notion of history before the great shoah and the terrible jim crow era and thus don't realize that genocide is a thing that hails back to the tribal era, and was in fact first perpetrated in africa, and still continues there to this day!!!
>>
What a bizzare monologue. If he brought out couple of African American kids with watermelons, it's not ok. Bring out needy asian kids lmao
>>
>>66569902
And by success i meant critically
>>
File: tv and pol at school.jpg (240 KB, 1536x793) Image search: [Google]
tv and pol at school.jpg
240 KB, 1536x793
>>66566819
>>
But you don't get it, if they don't get golden statues, they simply can't make movies anymore.
>>
>>66570050
Look at this sneaky /pol/roach
See how he put /tv/ and /pol/ in one group here?
Meant to make the average beta loser here feel insecure about not getting a gf and make it seem like it is black men's fault.

Completely ignoring that Women are fucking racist and statistically prefer white and "germanic" features.

These fuckers complain about the media brainwashing people yet they do the same thing here.
>>
>>66570050
This looks exactly what I imagine a group of leftist would look like, including the guys on the right.

As someone who regulars /pol/, those two on the right don't look nearly autistic enough to be /pol/
>>
>>66569842
WE WUZ WARLORDS N SHIT, LU BU WAS MIXED! WHY YOU THINK HE SO BRAVE?
>>
>>66568554
I've always referred to them as "Mahogany Films"
>>
File: 1405099776484.jpg (6 KB, 226x166) Image search: [Google]
1405099776484.jpg
6 KB, 226x166
>>66570171
Jesus fucking Christ with the racism already.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.