[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is It's Always Sunny the best comedy tv show of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: bird.jpg (473 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
473 KB, 1280x720
Is It's Always Sunny the best comedy tv show of all time?
>>
/thread
>>
>>66563589
not really
so much of their humor is forced "craziness"
>>
It's actually kind of absolute reddit tier garbage tbqh
>>
>>66563589
probably in the lower end of top 20 comedy tv shows
>>
Just watched Dennis and Mac move to the suburbs and got ptsd flashbacks to my first marriage.
>>
>>66563694
Reddit is a Hugbox though.
>>
>>66563694
So are you iibqh
>>
>>66563589
Not even the best comedy show currently going, let alone best of all time.
>>
This most recent season is pretty fucking awful, I'd say the other ones are all fantastic though
>>
>>66565748
they kept the quality up for a pretty long time also
>>
>>66563589
>best comedy tv show of all time?
no

>best all round comedy show currently available
no

>provided some of the best single scenes comedy of all time
yes
>>
>>66565748
That is what you people say about every recent season, then the next season in halfway over and suddenly the last season was so great and this one stinks.
>>
The first season of Fargo is the funniest show I've ever watched.
>>
>>66566021
There is something I have been noticing for the last few seasons each time upon first viewing I am like "This season sucked only about 2 good episodes" but a year later upon rewatching said season I would love the majority of the episodes it is weird. And I only get this from It's Always Sunny.
>>
Seasons 2-7 are the best seasons of a comedy show ever made.
Season 1 is great but it's a different show.
Season 8-11 are okay but they are shit compared to earlier seasons.
>>
>>66565748
First episode is pretty good
second was shit
>>
>>66566075
Its too comfy Trailer Park Boys is the same way and Seinfeld is the classic example.
>>
File: 1437038738186.jpg (173 KB, 2051x988) Image search: [Google]
1437038738186.jpg
173 KB, 2051x988
>>66563589
no, their writing is contrived. very few creative lines. frank is just awfully written. only in s1 ans s2 the characters are less clichés than what we have now.
americans are not famous for their creativity anyway.
>>
>>66566021
>chardeemcdennis2
stupid plot, with little pay off at the end

>Frank falls out a window
awful

>The gang hits the slopes
Seriously? something that's been done to death they did too

>Dee makes a smut film
Not memorable at all, accept maybe the frank art parts

>Mac and Dennis move to suburbs
Only decent episode in this season, still not as good as previous seasons

>Being Frank
Okay concept but again the pay off is very bad

>Mcpoyle vs Ponderosa
second best episode of the season, still rather boring. Felt the closest to a real "always sunny" episode

>Charlie catches a leprechaun
Legitimately awful episode, one of the worst scams. Too much "oh lol the technology is hard to use" and "Mac is gay lololol." Furthermore this episode felt like they were trying to be a bit more PC about things.

All I can hope for is that they try and completely move away from this season. There's so much garbage to it, I'm not sure if the guys are just completely uninvested anymore but there's a huge pace change with this season, you could kinda feel it with the previous season but it still had some highlights. Their plots just don't seem seedy enough anymore, they all seem like they're trying to be too PC. I understand you can only go so far down, but if they are running out of ideas maybe it's a sign to stop the show.
>>
>>66566312
They were driving people to the middle of no where and robbing them at gunpoint, its probably the most seedy thing Dennis and Dee have done besides that time they went to the Jersey Shore.
Dennis understood the technology, its that nobody wanted to use it just to drink some beers.
I was actually glad to see Charlie back to drinking paint and hallucinating weird shit because they have been going pretty PC on that this season, but then he was also about to go full reservoir dogs on a midget on top of that.

I disagree with everything you said was awful, I have never seen another show spoof ski school, I and don't understand how Richard Greico could not be memorable.

Also do Frank and Charlie poop in their sink was that the implication in Being Frank?
>>
>>66566192

the whole point is that as the series progresses, the characters spiral deeper into their neuroses
>>
>>66566108
OP here and I'd agree with that statement. I've always thought 1-5 were its peak and the rest have slowly declined in quality since S06.

The new ones are hit or miss but all still provide one or two hilarious moments per ep.
>>
File: 1448669402865.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448669402865.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
let's be clear the shows make it agreeable to have their lives, instead of showing how pathetic they are, like it was done in the first season.

Dennis is a joke since season 3
>>
>>66566108
x2

To copypasta myself from a previous thread:

"Season 1 is quaint but funny, tries to do new things and succeeds. In many ways, from its sense of humor, to its lack of notable actors and the small episode count, it feels almost like a season of a good British comedy, except its in Philly.

Season 2 introduced Danny DeVito, and that's where shit gets really wacky. A good season but the show hadn't necessarily struck gold yet. Seasons 3 through 7 are the 'Golden Era' so to speak, where the show really hits its stride. It knows what it wants to be, it's funny whilst doing it, and aside from maybe 2 or so episodes, it delivers laughs and interesting situations pretty consistently. Honestly some of the finest half-hour comedy ever.

Seasons 8 through 11 are still good, but only if you've seen the first 7 seasons. They do a lot more callbacks to earlier episodes, and a lot of the jokes rely on you already having an intimate knowledge of all of the characters' defining traits and backstory. These are all still quality episodes (bar 4 or 5), but they're nothing mind-blowing. A comfy watch if you're a big fan and have already marathon-ed the best seasons. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the box set for any of these seasons"
>>
>>66563589
That's not Frasier
>>
Interesting way of spelling 'Extras', but ok sure.
>>
File: ORANGE.png (836 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
ORANGE.png
836 KB, 1000x562
>>66563589

uhmm no
>>
>>66563737
the marriage flashback episode of maron was so like my past relationshit i had to stop it and have a panic attack
>>
thats not parks and recreation
>>
>>66563589
Is was, not so much now.
>>
but that's not 30 rock
>>
I've watched like 5 episodes of the first season now and I find it quite boring. It just strikes me as generic "haha look at this awkward situation we find ourselves in! we could fix it by merely explaining what we were doing but lets just stutter and smile instead"

Does it improve when Danny Devito appears?
>>
Arrested Development season 1 and 2 cannot be topped! There are jokes upon jokes. I loved Sunny though.

Don't even count the Netshits episodes though.
>>
>>66563589
Nah
>>
>>66563589
Arrested Development exists, anon. So i guess the answer to your question is 'no'.
>>
>>66570392
The GOB episode is the best of the series though
>>
#1 Seinfeld
#2 Curb
#3 IASIP
>>
>>66570742
>Seinfield
Put Monty python if you're ranking popular shows that aged like crap and are literally unwatchable now
>Curb
Larry does something minor in the beginning and it escalates into an awkward situation, give me 20 seasons of this!!
>>
>>66570815
python holds up mate
>>
>>66570373
yes
>>
>>66565976
>best scenes

Which ones?
>>
>>66566075
I've been getting this from them since season 7. If you binge watch all the way from season 1 their descent into madness makes sense, but while watching a new season their changes (and consequently, the more outlandish plots) are just jarring and different enough to make it feel like you're watching a different show.
>>
I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER
>>
I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER
>>
>>66574370
>>66574617
then november came
then i came
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.