[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who want to know the only character traits for the new Star wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: JJ-Abrams-Star-Wars-Episode-7.jpg (37 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams-Star-Wars-Episode-7.jpg
37 KB, 570x300
"...So it seems insanely narrow-minded and counter intuitive to say that there wouldn’t be a homosexual character in that world.”
Remember, reason is bigotry, but feelings are enlightenment!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/26/j-j-abrams-gay-characters-coming-to-star-wars.html
>>
What the fuck did it matter what JJ thinks

Isn't he not even involved with the next film?
>>
>>66562888

>So it seems insanely narrow-minded and counter intuitive to say that there wouldn’t be a character with a genetic error in that world.
>>
Jesus just fuck off with your jj diversity shit already. He's a Jew, everyone already knows his agenda.
>>
>>66562888
You really are obsessed with this gay stuff Anon. Is there something you want to tell us?
There's no judgement here :)
>>
Pandering is fucking disgusting. Just make a gay fag a part of the story without making a big deal out of ut. No one cares...but they need the money. Disney needs money people!
>>
Disney won't allow an openly gay person in a family movie until the rest of the world is ready.
>>
File: 1450941342992.png (20 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1450941342992.png
20 KB, 241x230
>>66562888
>muh future gays in a super tolerant utopia

Honestly that has always bugged me about various Sci Fi franchises.

Their portrayal of child birth and the implications therein.

A society that advanced wouldn't be engaging in natural child birth to begin with, the fetus would be extracted early in the pregnancy and put into an artificial womb where various genetic traits would be modified early and cheaply.

Thing like down syndrome, propensity for diabetes, autoimmune diseases, Haemophilia, would all be screened for. Hair color, eye color, height, intelligence everything would be modified to the parents specifications.

This would of course even include things like sexual orientation regardless of whether or not it's seen as a "genetic defect" or not.

So given that most parents want their kids to be like them and most reproducing couples aren't gay it stands to reason that "gay kids" would be fairly low on the "how I want my kids to be born" list.

And even the gay couples that artificial wounds would allow to reproduce, how long do you think that'll last? 2 centuries? 5? They're a minority of a population and no amount of PC is going to change that. All it takes is a minority of that minority to not want their children born with a social handicap and the population will irreversibly shrink until gays are so rare that insisting your child be born in a society where damn near no one can return his/her feeling would be seen as a cruelty.

The future is bleak for homosexualty, not bright.
>>
>>66563313
>And even the gay couples that artificial wounds
*wombs
>>
Science is racist
>>
>>66562888
Is he just giving everyone the finger in that picture?
>>
>>66562888
>jew
>extremely untalented and not creative at all
>basically remakes an extremely popular movie that came out in 1977
>except forces muh diversity
>female lead
>nigger sidekick
>all the new white men characters are evil nazis
>now he wants faggot characters

nah /pol/ is never right

feel the bern 2016
>>
>>66563443
he's trying to use the silent bob method of force telekinesis.
>>
>>66563313

We all know this is true, but you try to put this on a movie, or in any story. Not even a book will have this kind of thing.
>>
File: 1456187447577.jpg (57 KB, 782x960) Image search: [Google]
1456187447577.jpg
57 KB, 782x960
Finn and Poe are going to be the first gay couple in Star Wars movie history. (In before some HURR DURR reply.)

They have already set this up in Ep 7.

1. Disney is very pro gay. They were one of the first companies to give benefits to the partners of gay staff members.

2. Disney has unofficial "gay days" at all their parks.

3. The OFFICIAL CANNON book Star Wars Aftermath already features a gay relationship. This is a set up for what's going to happen in the movie.

4. When Finn meets Rey he asks her if she "has a cute boyfriend" and gets all excited about the prospect. While a straight male might want to know if a woman is available, he would never ask if her boyfriend was "cute" and get excited while doing so. This is the biggest give away.

5. The jacket scene makes is painfully obvious. Finn is wearing Poe's jacket like he's his girlfriend. Poe nervously bites his lip and the two paw at each other like new lovers.

POE + FINN = FIRST GAY STAR WAR CHARACTERS

Bravo Disney! So tolerant! So progressive!
>>
but seriously, why can't there be gays in star wars
>>
>>66563570
There can it's just more trending PC SJW pandering and it's annoying.
>>
>>66562888
Holy shit, we been having the same thread everyday this past week!
>>
>>66563485
why not? I legitimately don't see what's offensive about this.
>>
>>66563592
Annoying how? It's just a gay.
>>
>>66562888
How do we know that there aren't already gay characters in Star Wars?
It doesn't need to be explicitly stated.
>>
>>66563663
You're pandering to a specific group and politicizing a franchise that isn't political, that's annoying.
>>
>>66563678
There's already a gay couple in the new EU.

And Han Solo was married to a black woman.
>>
>>66563445
>jew
so what? I'm sure you're not something that has a history of being greedy, selfish, and deceitful. Oh wait, that's all of fucking humanity. Projecting onto Jews (or whoever) human faults is so cowardly, as if you don't have them yourself.
>untalented and not creative.
I think i'm gunna give this one to you. He's not 'untalented', but a talented director doesn't really make much sense, it's all about coordinating and trusting the creatives to tell the story, while also giving them the confidence to do so. All awesome directors are basically people who know how to pick good projects from a pile.
>remakes movie
yeah, they told him to. He's done it before with Trek, that's kind of the way of the world now. How is it his fault and what's so wrong with it in the first place? Just your fucking opinion.
>forces diversity
I guess, but so did Ted Turner and he wasn't Jewish as far as I can tell. Some people just have ideas based on their emotional reactions that they think will save the world when it's very questionable. Holy shit, am I talking about most of humanity here? Sure fucking sounds like it. Instead of getting offended, laugh at it.
>Female lead
so fucking what!? You want Sigourney Weaver to be replaced by Van Damn in Aliens or something? Fuck off.
>Nigger sidekick
also some robot side kick. What the fuck is your problem? Who gives a fuck if it's an alien, a black man, a latino, a robot, or a giant cockroach? It's a fucking story. Don't like it? Write your own damn story asshole.
>faggot characters
why not? Faggots can be fun. Way better than a boring homogenized world. I'd hate a world that was ALL black, or ALL white, or ALL asian, or if there was only one gender, or if everyone is gay, so why do you want a world where we all look act and feel like you? You miserable cretin, you'd only start killing yourselves over the smallest differences imaginable anyway because you're fucking human garbage.
>>
>>66563688
How does having a gay in a movie make the movie political?
>>
>>66563733
Because the current social climate.
>>
>>66563743
That sounds like a problem with the social climate, not the movie.
>>
>>66563570
Because there's no reason for it. When I watched the previous movies I didn't ask myself "is Luke gay? Is The Emperor gay?". And I didn't ask that because it doesn't fucking matter, it's irrelevant, nobody except for SJW fags give a shit about this, there is zero reason to bring up a characters sexuality in a way that isn't forced
>>
>>66563755
It's a problem with both.
>>
>>66563506

This is going to happen.
>>
>>66563830
probably, yes.
>>
>>66563756
What makes you think it's forced? What makes you think it's not a progression of established character traits, like Han falling in love with Leia in Empire?
>>
>>66563799
So gays shouldn't be allowed in movies anymore because SJWs like that sort of thing?

Have you also given up eating food and breathing air because they do that too?
>>
>>66563879
>So gays shouldn't be allowed in movies anymore because SJWs like that sort of thing?

Yes.

>Have you also given up eating food and breathing air because they do that too?

No
>>
>>66563846
Because it won't be. It's already being forced. Relationships were never the main appeal of star wars anyway
>>
>>66563998
nigger are you serious

half of fucking empire is dedicated to han and leia's tsundere relationship
>>
>>66563846
Because so far everything about TFA felt incredibly forced.
Everyone loves Rey for no reason
Finn won't attack rebels but is absolutely happy to butcher first order troopers for no reason
Everyone trusts Finn for no reason.
Etc

There's nothing that really felt natural so far, and that's ignoring the fact JJ Abrams has said he's adding a female lead, a black storm trooper and now gay characters to be progressive. If it was just for the sake of the story, he wouldn't be making such a big deal how he's sticking it to bigots. Frankly, I don't care if gay people or any of those other things are in Star Wars or any movie, I just don't want it to take the focus off what stars wars is actually about, space adventures
>>
>>66563756
I asked myself if Luke was gay because he seemed so dainty.
>>
What year is it?
>>
>>66563313

>Implying heterosexuality wouldn't become obsolete in such a future

In a world with artificial wombs, literal test tube babies, and cloning, and sex robots, the idea of men willfully subjecting themselves to dealing with women in any capacity would quickly come to be seen as an archaic pastime.

If anything sci-fi movies should be entirely gay with a token straight or two.
>>
>>66564182
People will still want sex anon. Sometimes they want it with a woman.
>>
>>66563506

There's not a doubt in my mind they'll confirm Poe is gay one way or another, but I'm not sure they'll have the balls to make him and Finn a couple.
>>
>>66564028
Was that the appeal? No
The appeal was luke becoming a jedi and the empire looking cool
>>
>>66564227
Not in this future, breeder.

Take him away.
>>
>>66563313
>Honestly that has always bugged me about various Sci Fi franchises.
>Their portrayal of child birth and the implications therein.
>A society that advanced wouldn't be engaging in natural child birth to begin with, the fetus would be extracted early in the pregnancy and put into an artificial womb where various genetic traits would be modified early and cheaply.
>Thing like down syndrome, propensity for diabetes, autoimmune diseases, Haemophilia, would all be screened for. Hair color, eye color, height, intelligence everything would be modified to the parents specifications.
>This would of course even include things like sexual orientation regardless of whether or not it's seen as a "genetic defect" or not.
>So given that most parents want their kids to be like them and most reproducing couples aren't gay it stands to reason that "gay kids" would be fairly low on the "how I want my kids to be born" list.
>And even the gay couples that artificial wounds would allow to reproduce, how long do you think that'll last? 2 centuries? 5? They're a minority of a population and no amount of PC is going to change that. All it takes is a minority of that minority to not want their children born with a social handicap and the population will irreversibly shrink until gays are so rare that insisting your child be born in a society where damn near no one can return his/her feeling would be seen as a cruelty.
Not every planet is as rich as Coruscant. I doubt tatooine would have anything like this.
>>
>>66564182
>dealing with women in any capacity would quickly come to be seen as an archaic pastime.

Nigga not everyone is a beta faggot.
>>
>>66564265
In a galaxy where you can travel from the core to the outer rim in a couple of days I think they can manage to make the price accessible.
>>
>>66564227

disgusting flithy breeder

Just fuck your robobitch you mongrel ape.
>>
>>66564265
No, I disagree I think it'd be really cheap.
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_cover.jpg (284 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_cover.jpg
284 KB, 900x1366
>implying they won't establish him as a straight womanizer in the comic
>>
>>66564182
No, everyone would have a sex robot, and be straight and the artificial womb would be a little removable tube inside the sex bot.

And there would be non-robot women.
>>
>>66564352
yes that's right, you got it.

good job anon
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 608x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 608x611
>>66563688
>>66563743
>>66563756
>>66563906

>Movie features an entirely straight, white, and almost all male cast
>This is fine, no pandering or politics going on here

>Movie features racial minorities, women, and gays in similar roles
>REEEEEEEEEE FUCKING JEWS PANDERING TO THE SJWS THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T EXIST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE ME REEEEEEEEEEE

I want /pol/ to go
>>
>>66564394
>And there would be no non-robot women.
fixed it for myself
>>
>>66563906
polcuck detected
>>
File: empire_strikes_back_style_a.jpg (669 KB, 1200x1850) Image search: [Google]
empire_strikes_back_style_a.jpg
669 KB, 1200x1850
>>66564261
>Was that the appeal? No

Nigger it's literally the center of the poster
>>
I thought Mon Mothma was already a dyke though
>>
>>66564520
it's slightly to the right
>>
>>66564261
literal autism

It wasn't the appeal to you buddy. That doesn't mean it wasn't the appeal to a good portion of the audience.

Jesus fuck this boards gone to shit, why do the Venn diagrams for being a stormfag and being autistic overlap almost entirely?
>>
File: Mon_Mothma_in_the_Senate.png (271 KB, 800x341) Image search: [Google]
Mon_Mothma_in_the_Senate.png
271 KB, 800x341
>>66564546
Mon was pure.
Especially clone wars Mon
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.