[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me just jerking off to the greatest movie of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: the-grand-budapest-hotel.jpg (84 KB, 599x417) Image search: [Google]
the-grand-budapest-hotel.jpg
84 KB, 599x417
Don't mind me just jerking off to the greatest movie of all time
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1500x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1500x823
Not even the best Wes
>>
>>66560016
That's not Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
>>
let me guess, you never watched anything past tarantino-tier but saw a commercial for this and thought "hey that looks artsy" and now that youve watched it you feel cultured and very artistic for liking it

seriously go to >r>eddit or tumblr
>>
>>66560110
I'll never understand why this was so polarizing among critics. It was Wes Anderson's best movie by far, but it's scored rotten on RT.com. It's just like all of his other works but better, I don't get it.
>>
>>66560172
Nailed it (op here)
>>
>>66560257
yes marketing does wonders for some reason it drew in alot of pseudo-artistic pretentious fucktards, w/e at least its somewhat competent
>>
Grand Budapest sucked balls, it's literary the worst Wes flick.
>>
>>66560252
They didn't 'get' the action scenes.
"LEL, how could an old man liberate an entire ship from pirates with nothing but a pistol with a seemingly endless supply of ammunition?"
>>
>>66560394
It had some incredibly comfy scenes
>>
>>66560110
fucking spot on, my father and I's favorite movie
>>
>>66560252
nothing happened during the first 30 minutes.
>>
>>66560172
shieet
>>66560257
sshieeeeet
>>
File: 1438659079099.webm (3 MB, 762x540) Image search: [Google]
1438659079099.webm
3 MB, 762x540
>>66560016

That's not Man of Steel

/tv/'s favorite movie
>>
>>66560508
Most patrician films are plotless
>>
>>66560474
Like?
>>
>>66560016
I don't get the Anderson hate. Nigger makes good movies. Grand Budapest is great film, one of his better ones
>>
>>66560595
for one, he is a douche with a derivative aesthetic that, although not seen often in mainstream cinema, is nothing new, original, or engaging. furthermore, he masks his stale tropes, plots, and dialogue with this trite aesthetic, hoping that his ignorant audiences will not catch on to his obviously disingenuous charade. as such, his films are the true litmus test for detecting plebs that think they have good taste in film, yet are really cinema cretins, groveling to a false a lord

second, the very aesthetic earlier criticized has not changed throughout the entirety of wes anderson's career, proving that this "visionary" filmmaker is nothing more than a hack, a one-trick pony who cannot step outside the box or take cinematic chances

third, wes anderson is clearly a pedo and pedo-enabler, making films that sexualize little children all so he can get him and his giant child loving ego off
>>
>>66560635
Tell me anon, did Wes touch you? It's OK. You can trust us.
>>
>>66560635
>visuals never change meme
Each movie felt different aesthetically, while still keeping within his trademark. Don't tell me Darjeeling Limited looked the same as Budapest
>>
>>66560703
It's a copypasta

Darjeeling's visual style and use of tracking shots are way different than Grand Memepest's, though
>>
Fantastic Mr. Fox kind of sucks.
>>
>>66560727
>grand memepest

proud that my meme is kicking off
>>
>>66560727
I figured, but I'm just tired of hearing all of his movies look the same. I don't really give a shit though, I like the guy's stuff alot, though I think his first might have been his best
>>
>>66560786
Yeah, I felt that way too. It had some real good stuff in it, but I feel like Wes went way to far up his own ass in that movie
>>
>>66560535
i guess. it got pretty fun near the second half. ending had me in tears, much more powerful that GBH
>>
top tier cute/pretty movie desu
>>
>>66560508
That's not how I remember it. It was kind of exposition heavy but the plot was moving along I think.
>>
>>66561083
Yes, you are right, I agree with you, and not the person you were replying to.
Things did happen in the first 30 minutes of the movie, it introduced all the characters and flashed out their personalities. I believe that's called exposition, right?
>>
>>66560508
sorry but nah.
>>66560252
Its probably his most deadpan movie. Dialogue is somewhat emotionless even when there's a lot of emotional stuff going on. It works though because Bill Murray is the protagonist and that's what he's best at. I love it though. I think it's WA's funniest movie and its fucking beautiful too. Then there's that soundtrack and credits scene.
>>
>>66560016

Saw this with my ex in the theater.

>She didn't find it funny and had no comment on the cinematography or the story

Saw Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy with her
>Boring.

Saw Scicario with her
>Didn't like it. Too dark. No comment on the awesome soundtrack.

Saw Fast the Furious 7 with her
>She cried at the end

Saw Jupiter Ascending with her
>She thought it was good. I fell asleep -something I rarely do in a movie

Gave her shit about never having seen an episode of Twlight Zone
>She was willing to watch Time Enough At last
>Was not impressed.

I wanted her to watch Children of Men with me but we broke up. No I'm back to being one of you bastards. I've seen Grand Budapest a second time and enjoyed it just as much.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.