[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
what went wrong?
>>
Multi-culturalism
>>
>>66557713

Did anyone seriously watch the whole thing? I couldn't make it through the first episode.
>>
>>66557890
I did
it was torture
>>
It was better than the last 5 seasons of TWD.
>>
>>66557890
I couldn't make it through the second episode. I remember the white kid who was a druggie was the only character I liked/found interesting.
>>
>forced interracial bull shit
knew it was shit from the beginning
>>
Did they cancel this shit already? Also, they should've adapeted the game story instead
>>
>>66558018
They should have made it an anthology series with each episode dealing with new characters.
>>
>>66557713
I get the impression that they went around to popular normie message boards, found the walking dead threads and started putting the story together as they read the shit.
>>
Stupid fucking name
>>
They lied about their own fucking premise. It was supposed to show the gradual fall of humanity, and how it happened. Instead they copped out, said communications were cut off, and did a massive time skip. There's literally no point to this show now.
>>
>>66558018
Nope, new season starts in April or something I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>66558136

This. And it is one of the most boring shows I've ever watched.
>>
>>66557958
he came off as assburgers to me
>>
>>66558060
Every season would be better

>>66558136
>the fall of humanity
>instead we get some riots
>suddenly quarantined in their house
>the zombie outbreak has already run its course in the city

Neat. How long until the zombies are just as rotted as the ones in TWD?
>>
>>66558390
>Every season would be better
Then it would just be the same.
They need guest directors, and artistic freedom.
>>
>>66558136
They should of stayed true to that and maybe gone into how the virus started or at least show them finding out about it before the outbreak.... But no it's literally just a spinoff, another group but set out in the west instead of the east coast god forbid they show another country

>The walking dead: west coast

Nothing more then a cheap CSI-ish cash in
>>
>>66558576
>god forbid they show another country
This ^
Iirc the cdc guy said France was the last to hold out. I'm sure not a lot of people would appreciate it, but I would have loved to have seen why the French did so good and what ultimately took them down.
>>
have you all heard about the new spinoff for TWD. so daryl is going to die at the end of this season and him and merle are getting their own show
>>
>>66557713
It didn't need to exist.
>>
>>66558653
I really hope not
>>
>>66558653
>daryl is going to die
lol
>>
>>66557958
Where as I hated him and found all the other characters boring as well.

So AMC effectively managed to upset everyone.
>>
>>66558576
>>66558638
one of the earlier settings was supposed to be in britain
>>
>>66557713
>what went wrong?

A: children. Children fucking suck in post-apocalyptic genres. In fact, they suck in every genre, but especially that one. The Road was probably the only movie that did a decent job.

D: no show with a budget that low should ever try to depict active military forces. It always turns into an embarassing shit show.
>>
>>66557713
>mindless "protesters" were responsible for the fall of civilization

I don't know anon, I thought it was pretty accurate.
>>
I liked it much more than the current shitshow that is TWD. Only first few episodes were bad.
>>
>>66557713
>everyone complains about multiculturalism
>conveniently forgets that the upstanding young black man turns out to be a drug-dealing murderer
>>
>>66558136
>they copped out, said communications were cut off, and did a massive time skip. There's literally no point to this show now.

Lol seriously?
>>
>>66557713
It would probably be easier to talk about what went right. Which wasn't much.

There were some good, or at least interesting, ideas in FTWD. Seeing the fall of civilization as it was happening, the zombie apocalypse as experienced by a heroin junkie, the military takeover and collapse, and the Columbian gang member turned "good guy" could have all been much more interesting than the show made them.

Instead, the show focused on character drama, foregoing all the interesting shit happening in the wider world.
>>
>>66557930
This. Only the first six episodes of TWD are even on par with it.
>>
Watched three episodes before I gave up, they again used a low budget & focused on family drama instead of the actual zombie apocalypse as the focal point (aka gripping deconstruction of civilization), same shit different time period
>>
>>66562800
While they really did drop the ball with TWD, There's a reason that zombie media only ever shows the beginning of the apocalypse. It's really the only interesting part. After the start, it's a bunch of boring, tedious survival followed by extinction or maybe return to somewhat normalcy. It takes a genius to make it great television.
>>
>>66563197
Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread but an anthology of how different people handle it would've been great, and American horror story format
>>
>>66557713

idk, I liked it.

But I wish they took longer to show the decay of society.

Now it's basically just TWD 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
File: sdw.gif (13 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
sdw.gif
13 KB, 180x210
>>66562147
>Instead, the show focused on character drama

They need to get their race-mixing quotas in there or else the production studio will default on their business line of credit.
>>
>>66563366
Now you're just making me remember my hate that the adaptation of world war z was so poorly handled. The book was the pinnacle of zombie stories.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.