[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oscar Ratings 8 Year Low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
So would black viewers boycotting make a difference, or is it whites who just don't care to watch Rock or the show?
>>
>>66555657
I TOLD THEM THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD A BLACK MAN HOST.
>>
>>66555657
There were no great movies this year and most people don't give a shit about awards shows.
>>
>>66555657
You don't think absolute worst movies ever nominated had something to do with it?
>>
people are getting sick of the shit that has nothing to do with movies, like 10% of the show was actually awards
>>
Fewer people watch network TV
>>
>>66555657
I would bet money that next year's ratings are even lower. I probably won't watch it. 4 hours long and maybe 5-10% of the content had anything to do with movies.
>>
Maybe they'll just cancel the Oscar all together now and jews can jerk each other off without making a ceremony of it.
>>
Why would anyone waste their time watching that shit in current year? The two minutes of combined interesting footage is guaranteed to be uploaded minutes after the show ends (and it did.)
>>
>>66555657
I didn't watch because I knew it would be nothing but anti-white shit the whole time coming from chris rock. Apparently he did make one joke about asians and THAT got entire articles written about it about how problematic it was.
>>
File: 1449738727668.jpg (50 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1449738727668.jpg
50 KB, 500x667
Shit host.
Shit year for cinema.

Bring back Huge Jacked Man.
>>
Why would anyone watch it? Lots of jokes and shit and maybe 2 hours of awards (something about movies).
>>
>>66555657
Looks like ratings hit the rock bottom.
>>
For starters the oscars have lost touch with public perception of what good movies are.

Secondly why would white people, the majority of the population, watch a show that hates on white people?
>>
File: worried griffin.jpg (30 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
worried griffin.jpg
30 KB, 200x196
>>66557892
>those legs
>>
>66555657

Blacks were never a large part of the oscars demographics. Oscars are mostly older, white, & women.

But whites are rightfully abandoning a show that so openly praises racism and hatred from blacks.

Most asians and latinos (me) are turned off by Nigger antics also.
>>
Because most people don't want to turn on the Oscars and hear AYO FUK U WHITEY U RACIS.
>>
People got annoyed with his whining about black people so they turned it off
>>
>>66557892
>those chicken legs
>>
>>66555657
literally every 90 seconds was a new commercial.
>>
File: rFnqQFd.jpg (22 KB, 567x622) Image search: [Google]
rFnqQFd.jpg
22 KB, 567x622
>>66555657
Seriously name one black actor and the role he played that deserved to win, let alone be nominated for an Oscar this year. It's not the Academy's fault that there were no movies about Somali pirates made this year.
>>
>>66558378
Idris Elba legit deserved something and so did Beasts of no Nation but that's pretty much the only one
>>
>>66557892
Is he wearing toe shoes?
>>
>>66555657
>people always groan at the political soapboxing at the oscars
>turn it up to fucking 11 and make it more "LOOK AT US, WE'RE SO PROGRESSIVE PLEASE DONT MAKE A TWITTER HASHTAG AGAIN" than movies
>people don't watch

It's not that hard to understand.
>>
>>66558378
Beasts of No Nation. Which was snubbed because of the jews that own the theaters, not any race baiting bullshit. You'll never hear a word about it, of course.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (73 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
73 KB, 300x301
Why would I watch a commercial program live when I can see all the results and highlights on the internet minutes after they happen?

That's the question the Jews should be trying to answer. It has nothing to do with the black guy hosting or the weakness of the nominations.
>>
>>66558378
Idris Elba
>>
>>66555657
Maybe everyone were psychics and were able to see how fucking stupid most of the wins were.
>Spotlight
>Danish Girl
>>
>>66557354
this

it's three hours of liberal political correctness shoved down youe throat by wealthy celebrities who are completely out of touch with reality

most people have better things to do with their time (not /tv/ obviously)
>>
File: 1430917551476.jpg (96 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1430917551476.jpg
96 KB, 600x400
/tv/ is the only reason I watch the Oscars.

If it weren't for the shitposting, I wouldn't give a shit. All the regular folk don't have /tv/ so they don't watch because it's the same liberal nonsense every year.

I'd rather watch the Democratic Convention with this fox on the screen.
>>
>>66558628
To be fair it's pretty fun to shitpost about the Oscars on /tv/
>>
>>66558720
That's my point.

The shitposting is the only reason to care. If you don't have that, then why watch?
>>
>>66558514
>minutes after
That's the opposite of "live television".
>>
>>66558720
It always was. One year, Mel showed up out of nowhere after years of not really showing up to award ceremonies. /tv/ just spent the whole time just posting pictures of Mel.
>>
The On Cinema version was much more interesting. Why anyone would watch Whiny Minorities And Feminists: The Show I have no idea.
>>
>>66558422
>>66558470
Idris is a shit actor.

Stop praising that faggot.

Even if he did get nominated, everyone else sans Deecap had a better performance.
>>
>>66555657

it was one of the worst oscars due to the all black propaganda, rape bs that doesn't fucking belong in the an award ceremony. fuck that shit.

it was so fucking unbearable, its like you really want to shoot or kill whoever made this shit , its like they keep on poking whites to just explode with all this shit. fucking jews
>>
>>66558779
Nobody watches live television unless it's a sporting event. The Jews haven't figured that out yet.
>>
>>66558849
30% ratings out of 310m potential U.S. viewers =
100,000,000 million viewers.
>>
>>66558849

YOU FUCKING REALIZE THAT 21 MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING IS STILL A FUCKING TON RIGHT?!

WE HAVE RETARDS LIKE ME WATCHING A FUCKING LIVE STREAM OF IT WHEN I COULD HAVE WATCHED ON /TV/

I'M SURE SOME RETARD WITH A NIELSON BOX DID THE SAME THING
>>
>extremely shitty year for movies
>oscar ratings low
>IS IT ROCK'S FAULT???????????????????

retards, the lot of ya
>>
>>66555657
Film is dead (capeshit is the only thing that sells tickets anymore) and now Oscars is dying. Hollywood is in bad shape, it's not looking good for it's future.
>>
>>66555657

it really really gets tiring shoving it down our throat this whole racial, women's rights minorites thing. i just want to watch an award show fuck this shit
>>
They should have Sacha Baron Cohen host next year. The only thing that would make it worth watching.
>>
Pretty shit show. Black guy hosting going on and on about how racist the show he's currently hosting is. Endless black pandering.
No wonder it bombed.
>>
>>66555657

I didn't watch because I'm sick of all the black people complaining, I'm sick of their racism, and I'm sick of all the political bullshit being forced on the Oscars.
>>
my favourite host is still billy crystal it was good clean fun
>>
The ratings decline every year. They're quite boring.

And outside of black tumblr I doubt many black people actually boycotted.
>>
People probably didn't want to watch 3 and a half hours of white guilt
>>
>>66555657

I don't need to hear a bunch of bullshit about rape, global warming, and le black lives matter while a bunch of smug liberals jerk each other off.
>>
>>66559439

Mel Gibson x Gary Oldman is the only way to save the Oscars
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.