[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Godfather.jpg (32 KB, 583x336) Image search: [Google]
Godfather.jpg
32 KB, 583x336
Discuss
>>
II>I>III
>>
>>66552139
Nice meme opinion
>>
>>66552105

I made him a good offer
>>
>>66552105
Fantastic. Worthy of its reputation.
>>
First two are brilliant classics. Pacino and Caan are really great.
>>
File: Untitled-jest1.jpg (235 KB, 1023x1600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-jest1.jpg
235 KB, 1023x1600
>>66552105
>It’s Marlon Brando’s fault, Jim. Your mother back in California before you were born, before she became a devoted mother and long-suffering wife and breadwinner, son, your mother had a bit part in a Marlon Brando movie. Her big moment. Had to stand there in saddle shoes and bobby sox and ponytail and put her hands over her ears as really loud motorbikes roared by. A major thespian moment, believe you me. She was in love from afar with this fellow Marlon Brando, son. Who? Who. Jim, Marlon Brando was the archetypal new-type actor who ruined it looks like two whole generations’ relations with there own bodies and the everyday objects and bodies around them. No? Well it was because of Brando you were opening that garage door like that, Jimbo. The disrespect gets learned and passed on. Passed down. You’ll know Brando when you watch him, and you’ll have learned to fear him. Brando, Jim, Jesus, B-r-a-n-d-o. Brando the new archetypal tough-guy rebel and slob type, leaning back on his chair’s rear legs, coming crooked through doorways, slouching against everything in sight, trying to dominate objects, showing no artful respect or care, yanking things toward him like a moody child and using them up and tossing them crudely aside so they miss the wastebasket and lie there, ill-used. With the over-clumsy impetuous movements and postures of a moody infant. Your mother is of that new generation that moves against life’s grain, across its warp and baffles. She may have loved Marlon Brando, Jim, but she didn’t understand him, is what’s ruined her for everyday arts like broilers and garage doors and even low-level public-park knock-around tennis. Ever see your mother with a broiler door? It’s carnage, Jim, it’s to cringe to see it, and the poor dumb thing thinks it’s tribute to this slouching slob-type she loved as he.
>>
>>66552105

3 is underrated.
>>
GF2 is the most overrated movie of all time. It would be way less slow and shifty if it was only about Michael.

GF1 is a masterpiece though.
>>
>>66552105
I gave it an 8 desu. Good movie but still, not THAT great. Maybe 30 years ago
>>
>>66552480
>shifty
Fucking autocorrect. Shitty**
>>
>>66552373
3 sucks. 3 Ruined everything.
>>
5/10 fuck this movie was so boring at points.
>>
>>66552105
I>II

There is no III
>>
>>66552373
3 is a cashgrab made solely because coppola needed the money after every movie he made in the 80s flopped.

It has no reason to exist, the story was told after part 2
>>
>>66552631
Godfather Part II was technically a cashgrab as well, but you're right.
>>
>>66552139
is there anyone who actually disagrees with that?
>>
>>66552105
it lacks humor.
>>
>>66552373
nah it's pretty mediocre all the way around.

Just in the opening scenes you can already tell how it won't live up to the first two with Michael and Kay's exchange of overt dialogue that spelled out the conflict they were discussing as openly and expositionally as Nolan's clumsy dialogue. Right then you could already see it lacked the grace and subtlety that helped make the first two so good.

The climactic sequences at the end is quite good though.
>>
>>66552759
these plebs: >>66552598 >>66552480 >>66552188
>>
>>66552759
I's better.
>>
>>66552868
>plebs
Nice memeword
>>
>>66552105
Masterpiecie. In all aspects.
>>
>>66552373
1 is over rated.
>>
II is the best thing ever committed to cinema. Literally flawless

>>66552802
What? Disagree strongly
>>
>>66553493
>What? Disagree strongly

anything in the godfather you find particularly humorous?
>>
>>66552105
Best Brando
>>66552370
Best Brando's description
>>
>>66552139
III > II > I
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (12 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
12 KB, 200x299
>>66553820
>anything in the godfather you find particularly humorous?

Jar Jar had some good lines
>>
>>66553820
I'm not saying it's laugh out loud funny, but there are definitely moments. Take the Cannoli, when Vito slaps Johnny Fontane, that cute interaction between Michael and Vito in the garden, the bit before Vito's death. There's a lot of heart and genuineness to it, more so than most dramas. Just not a criticism that would ever cross my mind
>>
>>66552105

III>I>II
>>
>>66554209
this desu senpai
>>
>>66554209
>the prequels were good: the post
>>
>>66552631
Technically Godfather 1 was a cashgrab. Coppola needed the money for Apocalypse now.
>>
>>66554225
dumb ghettoposter
>>
File: godfather-end.jpg (13 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
godfather-end.jpg
13 KB, 400x226
Only good scene
>>
>>66552105
Not a good as Shawshank Redemption
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.