[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Wolowitz get so much shit for being an engineer? Mechanical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: wolowitz.png (112 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
wolowitz.png
112 KB, 350x265
Why does Wolowitz get so much shit for being an engineer? Mechanical engineering is god-tier field of expertise. Also he knows what's up; it's boner time all the time.

Only bad thing is his Jew-ness.
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>66551827
>Only bad thing is his Jew-ness.

Actively supporting genocide is kind of a big deal.
>>
>>66551827
because he doesnt have a PHD compared to everyone else, even his wife has one.

the thing i dont get is when they make fun of how little money he gets, engineers make a lot, especially since howard worked on the ISS.
>>
I don't know why you're watching Big Bang, but my hypothesis from my time on /sci/ is that getting a degree solely in a field of science (like math, chemistry, physics, etc) is harder and riskier than getting an engineering degree. It's seen as "the easy way out" since there's a lot of engineering jobs out there. That said, I think those people are pretentious morons for chastising those who only want a decent job rather than the possibility of a really high salary job (or just being enslaved by academia as a professor) that comes with being a math/science major.
>>
>>66551907
>that entire show is as jewish as it gets

get with the times senpai, holocaustinvoking is so 2005
>>
>>66551945
He's very possibly the highest paid out of all the dudes
>>
File: purity.png (32 KB, 740x308) Image search: [Google]
purity.png
32 KB, 740x308
>>66551827
Pic related - just put engineering between Physics and Chemistry.
>>
>>66551827
Lel why are engineers so insecure?
>>
>>66552127
Probably same level as chem - both are applied physics, basically.
>>
>>66551827
news flash idiot, theyre all jews
>>
>>66552127
Should be below chemistry.

t. mech eng
>>
are engineers the worst wagies?
>>
>>66552127
Where does being a NEET go?
>>
>>66552563
In the trash.
>>
>>66552515
I couldn't decide desu, but yeah I think it's either same level as chem or one below.
>>
>>66551945

Please stop spreading this myth. Indians and Chinese are flocking to here to in droves because someone said engineering pays well. Now we have thousands of stupid fucking bandwagon engineers competing with useless foreigners for far too few jobs.
>>
>>66552546
Engineers in general don't make great money and it's an incredibly over-saturated field.

If you do manage a decent job Engineers start at a high minimum pay, but their ceiling is a lot lower than a lot of other career paths (including a ton of libarts).

It's really funny reflecting on all my Engineer friends who broke their back in school while I was partying daily. Now I'm making 90k while they either had continue on to a masters b/c no jobs or are serving coffee/waiting tables.
>>
File: 1454713432452.jpg (282 KB, 1191x1192) Image search: [Google]
1454713432452.jpg
282 KB, 1191x1192
>>66551827
>>
>engineer
>does not work on engines
???
>>
>>66551962
That's a really dumb way of thinking. I'm a bio major and I couldn't do a lot of the shit mechanical engineers do. I mean, maybe I could, but they always look so miserable and depressed on campus like they spend 90% of their free time studying. Fuck that lifestyle but props to anyone who manages it.
>>
>>66552832
And they are about to get fucked hard by Indians and Chinese coming in on H1B visas
>>
>>66552879
Business majors are a hundred times more slimy, unlikable and filled with delusions of grandeur than any engineer I've ever met.
>>
>>66553097
Business majors are slimy, but engineers are autistic

I seldom meet engineers who have hobbies outside of comic books and video games.
>>
>>66553097
the delusions of grandeur can be warranted with a business major, but an engineering major, not so much senpai.
>>
GEOLOGY MASTER RACE

even better that the meme faggots on that show haven't ruined it
>>
>>66553073
They already are. I work for a fortune 500 company and our IT and engineers are entirely indian and a few chinese - three whites.
>>
Doesn't he teach engineering in college? Also, building toilets for the Space station is pretty big deal.
>>
>>66551827
because engineers are a dime a dozen, PhD'd researchers are not.
>>
>>66553248
A few years ago people thought it was funny to mock rednecks with "You mad THEY TOOK UR JOBS XD", except now it's happening to white collar workers and suddenly they aren't laughing any more
>>
>>66553097
That's not a bad thing, all engineers are rapist nerds, who also contribute nothing to society
>b-but landing a ship on a comet!
Wich didn't last long
>>
File: 1393690114186.jpg (282 KB, 1420x800) Image search: [Google]
1393690114186.jpg
282 KB, 1420x800
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.