[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not Oscar related sorry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (755 KB, 1354x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755 KB, 1354x2048
Who is financing this niggers movies and why?
>>
Those that care about the arts, because he's making lasting works.
>>
He is independently wealthy from oil money and makes movies only for the love of filmmaking
>>
>>66540210
>oil money

what?

He is not wealthy.

Also why do top actors star in his pretentious dior commercials (movies)?
>>
>>66540301
>He is not wealthy.
His family is well-off.
His father was a top executive of an oil company, and Terrence himself worked the oil fields as a young man.
He went to a prep school and then to Harvard.
>>
there are many theories about tha man behind Malick's films.

Some say Malick's close friend is a multi billionaire that has a great passion for film.

The Thin Red Line hired 26 of Hollywood's most famous actors.
Most of them were cut out, Malick has so much budget he didn't give a shit.

In fact he still does not give a shit.

He just wants to make his movies and by hiring top actors he gets people to watch his shit.
>>
>>66540076
He's immensely respected within the industry. Studios will forever be willing to finance him and actors will forever be willing to work with him.
>>
>>66540419
By all accounts he is a very charismatic man
Some actors who've worked with him hate his experimental technique, but most acknowledge him as a genius, a profound artist and a wonderful human being
Sean Penn said that he'd basically work for free on The Thin Red Line, and I imagine that's how he manages to get such a large cast for his films
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 134x135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 134x135
>>66540458
but his movies never make any money.

Why do studios respect a movie maker that gives them nothing back?
>>
>>66540568
Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line, and The Tree of Life made money. The New World might've made money.

He has so much goodwill because of his seventies output that he can do whatever he wants forever.
>>
>>66540528
>Sean Penn said that he'd basically work for free

I don't believe all this.

If he is such a nice guy why is he hiding from the public all his life?

Only a pretentious person would declice every interview, event and party invitation.
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 634x786) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 634x786
He has a hell of a money.

His movies are very chill sessions for the actors, it's like a paid holiday

there is no struggle, no script to learn, they get paid, they get called up and praised at art schools, they get drunk and shit and chill at the beach.

Who would not work with Malick under these conditions?
>>
>>66540962
this is so wrong. he forces you to read a billion dry philosophy texts and he's notorious for treating actors like shit
>>
>>66540754
Not everyone likes being in the spotlight
It's like asking why Thomas Pynchon hides himself from the public
They also want to let their work speak for itself
From what I've read about him, he also seems slightly autistic, speaking in fragments much like his film's narration lol and trailing off mid-sentence
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 559x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 559x838
>>66540962
this

look he even let's the actors film his shit.
How chill is that?

You can do whatever the fuck you want on Malick's set.
>>
>>66540649
It's fun to make stuff up.
>>
my graduation project at film school was about Malick OP, so maybe I can help you with some information about him.

-Malick has problems with speaking because of his slight autism so he avoids anything where he has to speak in public

-Malick's movies are always box office failure

-Malick hates Oscars, Golden Globes

-Malick has more money than James Caneron

-Oil

-Studios don't hate Malick because he is very rich, but they don't love him.

-Voyage of time put him in dept because the financers took all their money back, the movies is now self financed by Malick.

-Actors get payed 5 times more on Malick movies than any of their other movies.

-A fanous actor refused 3 times to work with Malick because he wants to work on movies that appeal to people, not just to Malick himself.

-Malick is passive agressive.

-Malick is not a human, according to his own views, he believes he is not a being, but a form.
>>
Malick dreams about a gangbang with Tarantino, Spielberg and Scorsese.
>>
>>66540301
From my understanding being in a Malick movie is the ultimate test of acting, because its largely unscripted and if he doesn't like you he'll cut you right the fuck out.
>>
>>66541055
Literally all of that is true.

>>66541463
>Malick's movies are always box office failure
How about the ones that made money? TTRL grossed ~100mil on a ~50mil budget without a lot of added marketing costs.
>>
>ywm see Malik's magnum opus Hot Tub Boy

jdimsa
>>
>>66541513
Malick doesn't associate himself with plebs
>>
I'd like to know how the fuck does Michael Mann still gets financed
>>
>>66541463
>Malick is not a human, according to his own views, he believes he is not a being, but a form.

D-Does Malick think he's God?
>>
>>66540107
This.
>>
File: i have no idea what i'm doing.jpg (240 KB, 634x889) Image search: [Google]
i have no idea what i'm doing.jpg
240 KB, 634x889
>>66541042
RyRy was just practicing for Lost River
>>
>>66542177
>think
He is that he is.

>>66541463
>-Voyage of time put him in dept because the financers took all their money back, the movies is now self financed by Malick.
I think Brad also saved it
Anyways him and the company that filed suit against reached a settlement, so it's all good
>>
File: KnightOfCups.jpg (253 KB, 1193x1527) Image search: [Google]
KnightOfCups.jpg
253 KB, 1193x1527
You can watch 30 seconds of a Malick film and realize you're watching Malick juxtaposed next to to other Directors' footage you would never guess who's film you're watching.

Malick has unique style, as his work oft described; its like poetry.

The rest of this image has been censored
>>
>>66540107
>he's making lasting works.
the only Malick flicks people talk about are TTRL and TTOL
and they only talk about the tree of life because of the Jessica "Manjaw" Chastain mommy meme
>>
>>66540076
this is the guy that directed the new world right? what a fucking boring movie that was. three hours of fucking nothing.
>>
>>66542503
Try not watching the extended cut
>>
>>66540076
>image.jpg
>is a terrible thread

BAN MOBILE USERS
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.