[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT MOVIE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
>muh action move doesnt deserve an oscar
>no plot at all
>no dialogues

Why did normies hate Mad Max?
Just contrarian faggots?
>>
Oscar bait wins Oscars. Big surprise
>>
It got shitloads of secondary Oscars.
It's obvious that the normies who voted for the Oscars appreciated it.
>>
The three best character arcs of 2015 all took place in Fury Road.
>>
>>66537561
Mad Max is literally the only movie normies liked from the Oscars you moron.
>>
boring movie, if i wanted to watch good dadcore id watch The Road Warrior
>>
Mad Max Fury Road is a terrible film with shit writing and bad performances. Its special effects, action scenes, and production design are mostly great, but these do not make up for a shallow, empty, worthless film.

I promise this is not bait. I love Mad Max 1 and 2, and even the first half of 3. But Fury Road just plain sucks.
>>
>>66537561

>femcuck: the movie

had to win or else femfags like you would bitch
>>
It was okay. I mean it won awards for deserving categories but let's not pretend it was some amazing movie.
>>
>>66537699
Normies liked Bridge of Spies because Spielberg + Hanks.
>>
>>66537724
This
>>
>>66537724
Good job confirming you have very little knowledge on what constitutes a good film
>>
>>66537724

But it only won for audio and visual things. Not writing or acting directing.
>>
>>66537561

we've been conditioned to think that unless a movie has a really, really obvious liberal message with mostly dialogue and little action then it can't win. basically if a movie wouldn't be better suited as a play, then its fucked.
>>
>>66537598
>action movie
>oscar bait
I'm seeing this everywhere, is this some new retarded meme I don't know about?
>>
>>66537892
you must be a woman

or a faggot
>>
>>66537724
DUDE I'M FROM REDDIT LMAO
>>
>>66537832
I know that, and I think it deserved them. I guess, I didn't see very many 2015 films. But OP seems to be implying he thinks it deserved other wins too

Not that I watch the Oscars or give a shit who wins

>>66537780
Thanks man I appreciate it
>>
>>66537910
try harder
>>
>>66537892
It's slash tea vy slash mate, did you expect these cretins to not be cretinous?
>>
>>66537734
How is Mad Max Fury Road a feminist movie?

Reminder that Max literally fought 5 girls while chained up, and ended up winning.
>>
>>66537724
If you think it's easy, why don't you make a video of you acting like you're struggling to survive and post it on Youtube, then send us all a link so we can get a peak at your acting chops? Show us your Oscar performance and prove us all wrong.
>>
>>66537849

>implying this wasn't liberal pandering as FUCK
>>
>>66537724
What's wrong with the writing?

Simplicity doesn't mean it's bad.

What Fury Road did better than any other film of 2015 is tell its story and inform its audience visually.
>>
>>66537724
>muh story

Seriously we already talked about this. This has to be bait.
You don't need an intricate story to make a good movie. Most westerns have a simplistic yet engaging and interesting story.
The point of the movie never was about the story.
>>
It got literally who Oscars. The important ones like script, cinematography, actor/actress, director, and film went to other movies.
>>
>>66538151
>film editing isn't important
okay
>>
>>66538222
I forgot about that one. You're right, it got one important Oscar.
>>
>>66538004
>if you criticize something you must think you can do better

You're an idiot. I would just post a video of The Road Warrior if I truly wanted to do that. The series should have ended there. The wasteland in Fury Road is there for no reason. It's post-apocalyptic for no reason. It exists for no reason. Other than to look cool and earn money. That's all Fury Road is about. Popular appeal. Where as Mad Max and The Road Warrior are about a man who's world is shattered, turning him into less than a human being. But by being what he is, he can live in a destroyed world. It doesn't matter to him how or why the world ended, because for him the world might as well have always been a wasteland. In these films Max goes through an actual journey. Interesting, well written characters are around every corner. In Fury Road we get generic, boring, annoying "characters" that do not serve any purpose. I watched it a second time recently to see if I had missed something, since everyone seemed to love it so much. And now I know that I will never watch it again, there is no point. It's shit.

>>66538041
It's story was stupid, even if it was told visually. Also, the writing, the actual dialogue, was bad for the most part. Like, actually laughably bad. For instance, look at the scene where they pull the dead baby out of the chick. Watch that and tell me you think the writing is good. OR the bullet farm guy's absurd speech when he's firing the guns blindly. That whole scene is a lowpoint for the film. Why would something like that need to happen? To appeal to idiots

>>66538091
You know what has an incredibly simple story, inspired by the classic hero's journey or whatever, and fits almost exactly into the traditional western arhcetype? Road Warrior. Fury Road's story is convoluted and messy, too complex for its own good. It is not engaging or interesting. It fails.
>>
>>66538151
>actor/actress is important

At this point it's just about whoever made the biggest oscarbait (playing a cripple, doing a biopic...) or whoever is the most famous guy (Leo), it doesn't say shit about quality.
>>
>>66538151
>script
this is also a literally who oscar
>writing is important for a visual medium
oy vey how do people fall for this clap trap?
>>
Girl Power: The Movie.
The action was a'ight doe.
>>
File: aniggin.jpg (25 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
aniggin.jpg
25 KB, 341x339
>>66538254
>typing that much in response to pasta
>typing that much at all
>calling other people idiots
>quoting 3 other people in 1 post
>>
>>66537561

but didnt it win 4 oscars
>>
>>66537724
This. But the video game playing manchildren of /tv/ still eat it up.

>muh flaming guitar
>muh ecksplosiuns
>muh epic Immortan Joe and le hux

A garbage villain btw, with practically none of the terror and threat instilled by the T-1000, Predator, or Mr. Smith.
>>
>>66538385
>lol you defended your points adequately and I don't know how to respond
>>
I've been browsing this thread and it's really mind-numbing how retarded some of these anons are when they try to make up half-assed excuses on why Mad Max Fury Road isn't one of the Top 10 greatest action movies of all time

>it was just a boring car chase movie
If this is what you took out of MMFR then watching action movies is seriously way above your IQ level. Maybe you should stick to watching shows that you can intellectually identify with like Dora The Explorer or Yo Gabba Gabba or Blues Clues or some other kids show
>It was just a feminist movie and Furious was the actual main character
Go back to /pol/
>It had no story it was just driving from A to B back to A again
Reminder that this is the biggest cop out of an argument. These same people complaining about lack of story are the same people that would complain about a lack of action in a movie like Boyhood.

Mad Max was a legit 10/10 action movie and is on the same tier as The Terminator 2 and Raiders of the Lost ark
>>
Mad Max Fury Road only shows that their needs to be an Oscar for the the stuntmen and stunt coordinators.
>>
>>66538685
>Reminder that this is the biggest cop out of an argument. These same people complaining about lack of story are the same people that would complain about a lack of action in a movie like Boyhood.

>complains about arguement cop outs
>doesn't make an argument himself
>>
>>66538254
If you think it's easy, why don't you make a video of you acting like you're struggling to survive and post it on Youtube, then send us all a link so we can get a peak at your acting chops? Show us your Oscar performance and prove us all wrong.
>>
Nux is the only character with a complete story arc.
>>
>>66538685
>Mad Max was a legit 10/10 action movie and is on the same tier as The Terminator 2 and Raiders of the Lost ark
I can agree with this.
>>
There's a story (plot) in it.
There's more than enough dialogue.

It's a good film with best shot action scenes of all time.
>>
File: 1448125514771_1.png (21 KB, 91x115) Image search: [Google]
1448125514771_1.png
21 KB, 91x115
>>66538254
>Fury Road's story is convoluted and messy, too complex for its own good.

Really?
Seemed pretty understable to me.
They did a great job at making the scenes clear. And they did it VISUALLY.
No exposition bullshit.
>>
File: g miller.png (336 KB, 720x426) Image search: [Google]
g miller.png
336 KB, 720x426
>>66537972
max got cucked
>>
File: twerp.jpg (95 KB, 717x587) Image search: [Google]
twerp.jpg
95 KB, 717x587
>>66539156
It's not convoluted in that it's hard to understand. They simply have too much going on. Too many characters. Also VISUALLY means nothing. That's stupid. Silent films are strictly visual, yet many of them were not good films (same ratio as today, I guess, there are plenty of GOAT silents). What's the point of telling a story visually if it is a shitty story
>>
>>66539305
>It's not convoluted in that it's hard to understand. They simply have too much going on. Too many characters.

Stick to children's movies. They seem to be more your speed, kiddo
>>
>>66537724
I largely agree with this, but I guess that's what got it those oscars, except for costume design, not sure why it got costume design
>>
>>66537972
I've come to accept it as a meme.
Mad Max is such a manly fucking film, these people either have to be joking or they can't stand seeing a woman say a word in their movies besides whatever crap Michael Bay makes them spout.
>>
>>66537734
[MAXIMUM TIPPING]
>>
But it's not a good movie.
If it came out ten years ago, everyone would consider it a joke.
>>
>>66539400
nigga if it came out in the 80s it would be a long forgotten box office disaster
>>
>>66539305
>They simply have too much going on. Too many characters

I can agree with this. I felt there was so many things already established in the fiction and did a really shit job of introducing them to the viewer. Like it was based on a long running comic book series that I never read or something.
>>
>>66539542
You think because something wasn't Nolan-tier exposition-through-awful-forcefed-dialogue you think they weren't built up?

And it is fantastic it doesn't try to cram 'their' (meaning not-Max-Furiosa-Nux-Joe) story to the film, it has a clear focus and mostly manages it (Nux and Joe tower way above Furiosa and Max in the film though, but Max never was much of a character anyway)
>>
>>66539542
Please explain how "there was too much going on"

I want to see if you are either invested in being retarded by making shit up or if you are genuinely stupid enough to think that there was too much going on in MMFR
>>
File: max.jpg (141 KB, 1077x513) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
141 KB, 1077x513
>>66537724
patrician detected
>>
this thread is the prove that /v/ hates movies
>>
>>66539400
>>66539457
>Mental gymnastics
>>
>>66537724
the contrarians have arrived!
>>
>>66537561
>>no plot at all
>>no dialogues

Pretty much these OP. It's an elaborate music video.

>b-b-b-but film isn't about plot!

Name one (1) truly great film which had as little storyline, character development and allegorical meanings as Mad Max 4: Nothing Happens.
>>
>>66537561
I think it just confirms that the vast majority of people on /tv/ don't know shit about film or television

>/tv/
>hates madmax when it was a fucking great action film and the effects/stunts were amazing
>said deadpool would be shit and wouldn't make any money
>thinks avatar is a good film
>thinks under the skin is a good, clever film
>thinks man of steel was shit despite it being better than than 90% of the marvel garbage they constantly praise
>thinks BvS will be shit and won't make any money

i'm convinced most people here just came from other boards to shit post, they are literally wrong about everything all the time

>>66539957
Speed
>>
>>66539957
Mad Max: Fury Road.
>>
>>66537724
Ok. You're a biased fuck. You need to look at this film as its OWN film. It is not a sequel, it is not a prequel.
>>
>>66540042
Post your top 10 films of all time
>>
>>66540042
/tv/ is literally /b/2.0
>>
>>66540084
>tfw moved to irc
revolutionized my film discussion
>>
>>66539957
>I need allegories!

Shut the fuck up
>>
>>66540074
I don't see how that will help but sure.

1. Signs
2. Watchmen
3. Cabin in the Woods
4. 300
5. Dawn of the Dead
6. Man of Steel
7. 300: Rise of an Empire
8. Dumb and Dumber
9. Sucker Punch
10. Matrix Reloaded
>>
File: 1283885933957.jpg (91 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1283885933957.jpg
91 KB, 447x444
>>66540074
Bump
>>
>>66540266
Why are you scared of posting your real list?
>>
>>66538295
>story driven movies aren't heavily dependent on script
Are you retarded?
>>
>>66540336
because you will bully me
>>
>>66537598
>Mad Max
>Oscar bait

Maybe if your IQ is potato
>>
>>66540266
>all that Snyder

Patrician taste
>>
>>66540466
Of course
You tried to chastise an entire board of which will undoubtedly have more interesting taste than you
>>
>>66538254
>Fury Road
>convoluted

What?
>>
>>66538971
Nah, Furiosa's redemption and Max's identity crisis is done well.
>>
>>66540917
Furiosa got redemption for what? All of Theron's acting was so bad
>>
File: 1315847388194.jpg (18 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1315847388194.jpg
18 KB, 240x250
>>66538254
Because it makes sense in that particular universe you fucking autist, I'm sorry but are you really this dense???
>>
Once more, the comic book - sorry, the graphic novel - imagnination... Perhaps it's true, as the filmmakers assume, that deep down in all of us moderns - we who've absorbed extraordinary doses of murder, rape, and torture on TV, in video games and the movies by the time we've started A-B-C - there's a violent, hyperactive, imbecile eight year-old who craves this sort of junk. If so, we ought to slap that kid down.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.