[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So she was an android, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: d.jpg (121 KB, 635x423) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
121 KB, 635x423
So she was an android, right?
>>
No. Too much emotion.
>>
>>66531612

Not a very smart one, it seems.
>>
>>66531612

From the hack himself

http://www.mtv.com/news/1687022/prometheus-secrets-damon-lindelof/

>We talked a bit about David but let’s concentrate on Vickers for a second if we could. Like David, her motivations remain mysterious for much of the film. And certainly her resemblance (look, icy mannerisms) to David is interesting to say the least. Janek asks the question directly so I shall as well. Is she a robot?!? Also, I couldn’t help but notice we never actually see her die. Am I just hopelessly desperate to see Charlize perform more half-naked push-ups in a sequel or did you leave the door purposefully open?

>Gotta run and hit the gym. If my abs don’t look like the Engineers’ by July 4th I’m not leaving the house.

>J

>From: Damon Lindelof
>To: Josh Horowitz
>Sent June 10, 2012, 7:26 p.m.

>J,

>Thanks for going a second time, but it is clear those cute zoo animals have soundly defeated us. Maybe the next time I try to convince Noomi Rapace to wear a rainbow-colored afro wig, she’ll listen to me.

>Vickers. Yes, she does look like David. Yes, this was intentional. What better way to piss off your daughter than to build the male equivalent of her? But enough about daddy issues (seriously, Lindelof, we get it!), allow me to answer your question. Is she a robot?

>She is not.
>>
>>66531612
this is that alien prequel flick isnt it?
>>
>>66531732
>flick

I see you're too pleb to see through its facade and realize it's kino.
>>
>>66531612
I like to believe that she was.

Partly because I want her to return in the new movies.

in a deleted scene she makes fun of the sexual prowess of Idris Elba's character, or more so the lack thereof
>>
Why does she run directly away from the ship when it was rolling at her instead of to the side?
>>
>>66531612
Better question: was I supposed to think Fassbender was actually a human? Because I got that vibe.
>>
>>66532034

Literally no one thought that
>>
>>66532034
No, not at all. He had an inexplicable evil vibe to his actions that seemed to go beyond compassionless-robot-on-a-mission, even beyond Ash from the first movie, but it was just bad writing.
>>
I want to watch this movie with the soundtrack but no dialogue.
>>
>>66532081
>>66532113
You didn't think it was a little weird when he insisted on wearing a space suit and made up a bullshit excuse for it like "I have to keep up a perfect imitation"? I thought it was going to be:

>Alien: human turns out to be robot
>Prometheus: robot turns out to be human
>it's like pottery
>>
>>66532224

Unfortunately these promos existed so sadly no such twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJs7uluwlU
>>
>>66531612
I forgot she was even in that movie.
>>
>>66532622

Forgetting Samus Aran

shame.
>>
File: RA.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
RA.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>66532034
>>
>>
>>66532755
>you will never bury your face in Charlize Theron's thinly clothed crotch
Dammit.
>>
Someone help this poor guy out: >>66532764
>>
>>66532288
Could have found a way to work around that if they really wanted that twist.

I mean, I don't really care either way, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the red herrings.
>>
>>66531612

>in the future white women still crave the bbc
>>
File: 1336654889294.jpg (457 KB, 2400x3200) Image search: [Google]
1336654889294.jpg
457 KB, 2400x3200
>>66531612
>>
>>66532694
18+
>>
>>66531612
What was the point of her fucking the nigger captain?
>>
>>66532874

you mean the red herrings that weren't red herrings but actual facts that are drilled into the audience from the first few minutes of the movie?
>>
>>66532961
In the original screenplay (perhaps it was filmed too and just not used) she cut his dick off and then reattached it with the medical pod. In a later scene she makes fun of him and says he's bad at sex now (this is in the deleted scenes on the home release).
>>
>>66532961

What was the point of having a map of the entire area but still getting lost?

What was the point of a biologist picking up an alien snake like it was a puppy?
>>
>>66532961
What was the point, full stop?
>>
>>66532961
Payback for muh slavery and apartheid, you fucking white oppressor
>>
>>66533017
why????
>>
File: 6s5ey9b.png (278 KB, 507x501) Image search: [Google]
6s5ey9b.png
278 KB, 507x501
>>66533116
Behold neo-/tv/, where an unquestioning obsession with "SJWs" that lead to the point that twats like this will believe any retarded post, as long as it conforms to their opinions
>>
>>66533116
Because shit gets crazy when multiple Hollywood rewrites are involved and Ridley, as good as a director he might be, doesn't have a good eye for screenplays and doesn't know what to keep and what to shave off. Also Theron doesn't give a fuck so she plays stuff like this up when she gets the chance.

Where Elba stands in all this I don't know. I think he just wanted to get paid.
>>
File: 1456516404202.png (78 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1456516404202.png
78 KB, 367x321
>>66531637
>running in a straight lane to get away from a falling spaceship

prometheus was so badly written
>>
File: theronlay.jpg (379 KB, 1124x720) Image search: [Google]
theronlay.jpg
379 KB, 1124x720
>>66533192
>implying

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_deleted_scenes
When Vickers realizes Janek intends to crash the Prometheus into the fleeing Engineer ship, she tells him, "You were a terrible lay, by the way," before fleeing to the escape pod.[2]
>>
>>66533025
>What was the point of having a map of the entire area but still getting lost?
The map was generated on the ship, Fifield and whathisname didn't have it and once they were lost had to stay put for the storm anyway.
>What was the point of a biologist picking up an alien snake like it was a puppy?
They came across it in an earlier scene where it appeared friendly and harmless, and by cutting it their behavior is now completely baseless.
>>
>>66533268
Guess his BBC was actually a SBC lol
>>
>>66533278

>The map was generated on the ship, Fifield and whathisname didn't have it and once they were lost had to stay put for the storm anyway.

Thir suits couldn't access that info? What?

>They came across it in an earlier scene where it appeared friendly and harmless, and by cutting it their behavior is now completely baseless.
>a deleted scene explains it

Man fuck this movie.
>>
>>66533192
nobody gives a shit about SJW you mongoloid, it's just if that shit is real, it makes absolutely no sense nor impact to the main story, in fact Theron's character doesn't add anything to the plot.
>>
>>66533322
>Thir suits couldn't access that info?
Don't think so. They were just trying to get the fuck out of there and automatically started retracing their steps, and became lost.

>a deleted scene explains it
>Man fuck this movie.
This is probably the most common flaw to get brought up in these threads, and it didn't have to be if Ridley didn't cut the shit out of the movie.
>>
File: sdf.png (75 KB, 719x246) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
75 KB, 719x246
>>66533322
>>66533405
>director goes for muh mystery
>>
>>66532755
I think that was the first movie that drew my attention to her.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.