[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I challenge you /tv/ name one fucking good performance by a black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: the_great_gatsby_trailer.jpg (38 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
the_great_gatsby_trailer.jpg
38 KB, 630x420
do it and you prove the academy is racist
>>
>>66531540
Beast of no nation
Training day
Raisin in the sun
Shawshank
Green mile

Keep going or...?
>>
>>66531590
I'm assuming he meant out of the movies made last year or whatever
>>
if beasts of no nation really wanted a fucking oscar for idris elba they wouldve made it a netflix exclusive and then bitch and complain about how thier film wasnt eligble for a rule everyone knows and then try to make it about idris being black, name something else from this year
>>
>>66531590
None of those soft cunts did what leo did for his oscar
>>
also last time time i checked denzel won for training day
>>
>>66531590
Good movie=/=good actor
>>
>>66531727
if screaming, crying, and eating raw fish out in the cold woods makes you a good actor bear grylls has been fucking snubbed for years.
>>
File: denzel-washington.jpg (74 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
denzel-washington.jpg
74 KB, 636x477
>>
>>66531540
Idris Elba.

I believe he didn't win because they hate Netflix, not blacks though
>>
>>66531540
this year? none. any other year? jamie foxx killed it with ray. god-tier performance from an actor I'm sure a lot of people wrote off.

I'm a fan of leo but I wish this meme would stop that he's some god of acting. tom hanks shits all over this nigga, but /tv/ never makes threads about him.
>>
>>66531719
Netflix don't care about the Oscars, they are too busy making money.
>>
>>66531719
They released it in a few cinemas so it was eligible though
>>
>>66531540
Concussion

>>66531767
Bear Grylls is an actor, that's for sure
>>
Sam Jackson was better in H8
>>
>>66531805
yeah but they still released it to netflix even after sending it in, again they got mad about being disqualified after breaking a very apparent rule the academy put forth
>>
>>66531821
did anyone actually watch that or is it just fun to pretend like you did soo you can make a point about diversity because smith didnt get nominated for a nother by the numbers oscar bait role?
>>
>>66531887
he's trolling you.
>>
>>66531767
It is since he's doing it as an act in a movie and not intentionally going around the cold woods drinking piss.
>>
>>66531930
lol probably, but thats a serious question i ask because everyone likes bringing it up but no ones actually talking about that movie outside of the whole oscar debate
>>
>>66531858
The Academy needs to move with the times
>>
>>66531590
You really think Morgan Freeman deserves an Oscar in any role? Because his performance is the same in Shawshank as in every other movie he's played: he simply plays Morhan Freeman. Give the Oscar to the guy who wrote his lines if you want to do something, not the guy who simply read them in a trademarked voice.
>>
>>66532029
why so any garbage thats put instantly on netflix can be eligible as well as major motion pictures? whats next should youtube videos also be eligible too?
>>
>>66531727

>Commitment = Talent

When will this shit meme end? By this logic every contestant on Fear Factor deserves an honorary Oscar just for eating gross stuff.
>>
>>66532199
Agreed but it's hardly new for the Oscars - giving awards for average work because they think "they deserve it after all this time"
>>
>>66532130
>why so any garbage thats put instantly on netflix can be eligible as well as major motion pictures?

As opposed to any garbage released in cinemas?

It's not like Netflix releases 1000 films a year. Streaming is the future of the industry
>>
>>66531590
Morgan freeman should get an oscar for being morgan freeman?
>>
>>66531540
>Dis racist!
>70% of the population is white
>14% of the population is black
>5 times as many white people
>whites have less crime rates, are wealthier, are higher educated, makes up less of the prison population
The Oscars aren't a charity event, they value talent, not hand-me downs and participation awards.
>>
>>66531775
Not a single reply to this VALID post
>>
>>66531842
He was definitely up there, but the Oscar crowd hates Tarantino.
>>
Samuel Jackson in Hateful Eight was better than him
>>
I haven't watched the movie, is his performance even Oscar worthy? I like Leo but man is he a shite actor.
>>
Idris and Abraham were both better in Beasts. I actually believed they were the characters they were playing, as opposed to when I was watching the Revenant all I could think of was "There's Leo trying to win an Oscar again". He chews scenery more than OP's mom chews dick.
>>
>>66532545
samuel jacksons a fucking meme, he had his chance with pulp fiction and lost to martin landau, and instead of trying to do something different and unique again he decided to just be jules verne the rest of his career and in hateful eight thats all he was, just sam jackson being a yelly smart talking one trick pony
>>
>>66531590
>Shawshank
Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>66532472
He's about equal, same shit everytime, he gets by on his cheeky smile and size, but he's not better, too stiff.
>>
>>66532561
It's not Oscar worthy, he just gets cold and muddy.
>>
>>66532053
This Tbh
>that grumpy old guy with apparent wisdom
>>
>>66532703
Leo has two modes: Normal and screaming.
>>
You know who deserved an Oscar more than Leo?

Walton Goggins. This applies for every year.
>>
>>66532386
you at least actually have to fucking work to get in theaters as opposed to just being any goddamn college dropout making a movie with his shit dv camera and filmaking skills so poor it makes snuff look oscar worthy
>>
>>66532811
>you at least actually have to fucking work to get in theaters as opposed to just being any goddamn college dropout making a movie with his shit dv camera and filmaking skills so poor it makes snuff look oscar worthy

Pretty sure college dropouts making movies aren't allowed to upload whatever they make on Netflix
>>
>>66532981
no but they are allowed to submit it and youd be shocked at some of the shit that makes it onto netflix
>>
>>66533066
Yeah, like Tangerine.

>It was shot on an iphone and has black trannies in it so you know it's good!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.