[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best segment was the interviews at the Compton cinema. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 8
File: images-12.jpg (18 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
images-12.jpg
18 KB, 429x343
The best segment was the interviews at the Compton cinema. It compeltely ruined any chance of anyone respecting these fucking niggers.

None of them had seen anything other than Straight Outta Compton all year apparently. How would we take their opinions seriously? Oh black people like different movies? Too fucking bad, this is what you got this year.

Part of me thinks Rock knew this and he was just doing some meta thing. I guess we'll never know.
>>
>>66527333
>Part of me thinks Rock knew this and he was just doing some meta thing.

He was trying to, but he didn't have the balls to go all the way with it so he failed.
>>
Rock asked them what "white movie" have they seen recently, and that really was the most telling part.

Whites and blacks are so segregated in the US, with segregated residential lives, and damn near separate cultures, that something like big budget movie advertising doesn't even reach them. They hadn't even heard of the "white movies" Rock listed off, meaning that even their social lives are segregated to where movies that aren't predominantly black don't even make it into discussion in their social circles.
>>
>>66527333
>None of them had seen anything other than Straight Outta Compton all year apparently.

How is that not exactly the same as white guys in their 20s who only watch comic book superhero and sci-fi movies, and nothing else?

Look in the mirror before you make ignorant hypocritical threads.
>>
>>66527333
I used to think Kanye West was the worst nigger in modern media. Oh, how foolish was I.
>>
>>66527506
thanks obama
>>
>>66527518
Nigger detected.
>>
>>66527518
What kind of argument is that?

I hope someone smarter than me blows you the fuck out with a rebuttal but that person won't be me
>>
>>66527506
Welcome to America: where racial identity comes first and national identity is second. Why do you think americans just LOVE to list how many ethnicities they are?

>I'm 1/32 cherokee, 1/5th italian, 1/3rd irish, 1/4th hungarian, and 1/2th ethiopian

bitch shut up
>>
>>66527518
>implying anyone here likes capeshit fanboys
>>
>>66527518
What? I'd seen all the nominees for this year plus a multitude of others. Dont make this personal. In this particular segment I feel like these people just came off ignorant.
>>
>>66527333
>Part of me thinks Rock knew this and he was just doing some meta thing. I guess we'll never know.

I thought it was pretty obvious
>>
>>66527518
They don't. The average capeshitter is interested in a pretty diverse array of entertainment.

"Why?" you may ask. Niggers don't read comic books.
>>
I got the vibe that Rock was primarily taking the piss out of #OscarsSoWhite

I think he understands that it's actually white liberals who care and not so much blacks, considering they hadn't even heard of, let alone seen any of the nominated movies he mentioned.
>>
Yeah, I don't know how they couldn't see they were doing more harm than good. It was a perfect example of how irrelevant this whole thing is IRL outside of internet slacktivism and Hollywood liberalism. Maybe that was the point. Maybe Rock is a genius.
>>
>>66527840
>implying they choose not to read and are not incapable of doing so
>>
>>66527599
But you do.
>>
>>66527593
what your saying is both true but its ignorant to say that. Its the same with every single country racial or community identity before national identity its been that way since the beginning of time. I mean nationalism wasn't even a thing till WWI era.
>>
>>66527518
I am racist as fuck and even I have sat through Black movies. I even saw that movie "Precious".
>>
>>66527882

I find it funny because literally just TWO years ago fucking 12 Years a Slave won best picture, these fucking idiots have no memory.
>>
>>66528051
Any movie involving a pre-civil rights setting is guaranteed a nomination, if not the actual Oscar. Hollywood loves seeing blacks being the victims in those types of movies.
>>
>interviews at the Compton cinema

technically, there are no cinemas in Compton. the place on Rosecrans is on the Paramount side of 710. there's also the South Bay Pavilion Mall theatre near by but that's Carson.
>>
>>66527506
This. Liberals are dividing blacks and whites more than making everybody equal. They don't understand they are creating the very thing they are fighting against.
>>
>>66527974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcFB06ZVVmQ
>>
>>66527442
Yep.
>>
>>66528331
Spot on.
>>
>>66527955
nationalism has never been reached without a majority ethnic group
>>
>>66527333
Obviously it was a joke. They were shitting on black people the whole time and sending mixed messages at best.
>>
>>66530883
>They were shitting on black people the whole time and sending mixed messages at best.
Based Rock

You have to be white or asian to have the intelligence to pick that up
>>
I loved Ali G coming along and just shitting on the whole idea.
>>
File: 1379514416_w-Clint-Eastwood.jpg (313 KB, 560x700) Image search: [Google]
1379514416_w-Clint-Eastwood.jpg
313 KB, 560x700
>>66527518
And in fact you don't see a massive fabricated uproar about "what the fuck the Avengers didn't get any oscars #oscarssostern"
>>
>>66527518
Those 20something capeshit fanboys don't complain that Avengers didn't get nominated for best picture unlike nignogs who think all their shit is gold.
>>
came here from /co/ to talk to fellow 4chan memers about oscars

had no idea this place was like /pol/ on film
>>
>>66527333
>Part of me thinks Rock knew this and he was just doing some meta thing. I guess we'll never know.

Of course this was satire.
Did you need a sign that says:
ALERT: SELF IRONY

every racebaiter has to make fun of his own race from time to time
>>
>>66527955
Nationalism probably peaked around WW1 for the major world powers but it was created around when the European countries were trying to become colonial empires and they needed a way to convince the people in the colonies to stay loyal to the homeland. It also increased military recruitment and was pursued as a strategy pretty much for that reason alone by many countries.
>>
>>66533921
You really didn't find all the propaganda/oppression olypmics annoying as shit?

It was supposed to about fucking film, but it was more like the young turks/Daily show/tumblr.
>>
>>66527333
To be fair, go to any neighbourhood and ask anyone regardless of ethnicity and ask them if they had seen any of this years Oscar nominated movies.
>>
>>66534212

I'm on /tv/ every day and hadn't seen half of the movies nominated ever discussed here, the film and television board.
>>
>>66534260
Exactly friend.
I'd heard of most of them but only saw a few.
Most of my friends wouldn't have heard about Spotlight, Room, Carol etc, the lower budgeted movies that aren't big blockbusters.
>>
>>66533921
>came here from /co/
>whine about /pol/
>to actually want the oscars to be about fucking movies and not political soapboxing is to be /pol/

>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>66528324
Blacks are doing it themselves.
Or rather, the leaders of black communities.

They want to feel important by being the leaders of the BLACK communities.
If there were to be true assimilation they wouldn't be important or have any power.

People like Al Sharpton would become irrelevant.

Don't even need to mention all the money they make on stoking the fires of racial hate.
>>
>>66527333
You know that skit was satire? they even had the white guy at the end saying i thank you for winning the this Oscar because im white. It was funny as hell.
>>
>>66534354
Accurate post.
Ever notice how despite screeching for desegregation blacks still segregated themselves socially, culturally, even physically?
>>
>>66527518
>comic book superhero and sci-fi movies

Black people love comic book shit, though. And most of /tv/ enjoyed Straight Outta Compton, and regard Oz (which is Niggers the Show) and The Wire (which is Niggers the Show 2: Nig Harder) as some of the best of all time.

Don't talk about ignorance when you're clearly a fucking retard.
>>
>>66527442

Exactly, because in the end he doesn't care anymore. He's living off the 'Being Adam Sandler's friend' money train.
>>
I've seen Mad Max and the Revenant.. all the other movies nominated look boringcore as fuck. I'll guess none of them are worth watching?
>>
>>66527518
white people are much more open to black stuff than vice versa
>>
>>66534789

If you didn't find Mad Max boring, everything else will probably put you to sleep.
>>
>The best segment was the interviews at the Compton cinema. It compeltely ruined any chance of anyone respecting these fucking niggers.

It actually brought a bit of hubris to the self-importance of the oscars

Most mainstream viewers for better or worse don't give a fuck about Spotlight or movies like Room or Brooklyn, yet we have a bunch of self-important actors wanking over how artistic they are creating something that will be forgotten in a couple months
>>
>>66534852
Yeah but my point is they mentioned no other movies other than Straight Outta Compton

I mean just ONE other movie in an entire year would have made a point but again it just screams ignorance. Room, Brooklyn, Spotlight sure but none of these niggers have seen Fury Road? How is that a white movie? There might be no black people in it but it's a fucking action movie. That transcends race, surely.
>>
>>66534896
I don't think they asked about the Revenant or Fury Road which both didn't do too badly at the box office, they asked about Bridge of Spies and Spotlight
>>
>>66534924
They asked what "white movies" they had seen that year. None of them thought to mention ANY movies they had seen?
>>
>>66527974
Oh fuck you anon. You know exactly why you saw that movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtxpN9hhZU
>>
>>66530859
I could see the US splitting into 3. South west, South East and the rest.
>>
>>66534970
no they asked them if they saw bridge of spies, one of them said their favorite white person movie was by the sea
>>
>>66534825
enjoy your ADHD
>>
>>66535021
If I could find a damn video of the segment that wasn't deleted I'd prove it but I assure you he definitely at one point asks what white movies they had seen/enjoyed (can't remember the exact wording) and one of them said the thing you said but that's it.
>>
>>66534970
What the fuck is "white movie"? This annoys me to ne end
>>
>>66534896
the bit was obviously edited for the sake of comedy

are you honestly this autistic
>>
>>66527840
Yeah blacks read manga
>>
>>66534970
You gotta understand when you ask a black guy what a white movie is they'll say King's Speech and Four Weddings and a Funeral and stuff like that.

And if you said, "Well Iron Man is a white movie," they'll say, "Nah Iron Man ain't no white people movie Tony Stark a real nigger he my dawg yo das my shit."

To a gang of blacks in a Compton cinema a white movie isn't just a film predominantly made (or even entirely made) by white people. It's a film that's the cinematic embodiment of those, "White people be like this," jokes.
>>
>>66535070

Enjoy your reading comprehension.
>>
>>66535108
>the sake of comedy

Doesn't that take away from his point, then? He said directly before that he wanted to be part of the solution. Is Chris Rock an idiot?
>>
>>66534970
You just said yourself that action movies like Mad Max transcend race

People associate "white movies" more with shitty Oscar bait
>>
>>66527333
I don't even know what the point of that segment was most people black or white haven't watched Brooklyn or Spotlight. Oscar bait movies aren't supposed to be popular
>>
>>66527882
This anon gets it
>>
>>66535139
he's a comedian

and he was clearly taking the piss out of whit upper class liberals who felt like they needed to be offended on behalf of the niggers
>>
>>66534299
>mfw I've only watched Spotlight and The Martian out of the best picture nominees
>>
>>66535139
Chris Rock is simply saying what he needs to say to stay relevant and be paid.

He's the creator of, "Black People vs. Niggers," and, "The Chris Rock Guide to How to Not Get Your Ass Beat by the Police." Of course he wants to mock this entire thing, he just hasn't got the balls to do it because he knows what message the producers are trying to push.
>>
>>66534789
Room is pretty good, I watched it last night with my gf after the Oscars.
>>
>>66535142
I guess I'm misunderstanding the definition of what they would call a "white movie". It just seemed odd to me no one mentioned anything else, had to be prompted by Rock for everything and were stereotypical black in everything else. Not really getting the solution thing,.

>>66535181
True enough. I just hope no one uses this to make a point about race or whatever because as a comedy skit its fine but as a statement its pathetic
>>
>>66535230
>I just hope no one uses this to make a point about race or whatever

Welcome to the internet. /pol/'s already wrote a thesis on how it shows blacks can't properly assimilate into white culture and tumblr are already using it to prove that white culture is too toxic for black people to comfortably exist in.

Just laugh and move on.
>>
>>66535137
I do. You obviously dont. Was reading 3 words in my post too "boring" for you?
>>
>That one black guy who is asked what he thinks about the oscars
>Responds by listing every race other than black people that need more representation
>>
"White Movie"

Are these niggas fucking kidding me with this shit?!

The next time someones get raped, I will call it a "Black Crime"
>>
Alright how about this:

every year the Equality Councilâ„¢ will set a quota of roles (50%) that will be played by black actors and actresses. Every producer will then be granted choice over which roles in the movie will be played by black people, as long as it's 50% (in case of odd number of roles, black people will get 1 additional role). When the Oscar season comes, there will be 3 black nominees in the following categories: best actor, best actor in a supporting role, best actress, best actress in a supporting role and best feature film director. It seems that black people don't really care about boring white people categories like production design and sound mixing so in all the other categories there are no rules EXCEPT if black people win less than 40% of the 5 main categories - in that case, Academy Awardâ„¢ people are forced to retroactively alter their vote so that at least two black persons win two of the less desirable white people awards like production design and sound mixing. If no black persons were involved in the making of the movies, two randomly selected black persons will be assigned to those particular features.
>>
>>66535360
Anon, he was saying that if you found Mad Max interesting (if you didn't find it boring) then you're a witless pleb and any of the other films would be entirely lost on you.

Now I'm not saying he's right, but that's what he meant. Your reading comprehension genuinely is shit.
>>
>Chris "I love black people, but boy do I hate niggers" Rock
Of course he was taking the piss out of both black people and the white liberal ninnies that got offended over how white the Oscars suddenly are
>>
>>66535426
Im totaly aware of this, cpt obvious.
again:
enjoy your ADHD
>>
>>66535552

>i was just pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1443136058438.jpg (18 KB, 430x361) Image search: [Google]
1443136058438.jpg
18 KB, 430x361
These black people never saw most or any of the nominated movies either. Their hate is total hypocrisy. But now that they're complaining about their first world problems, the liberals are going to deep throat that black cock at the 89th Oscars.
I hope these mouthbreathers enjoy their token awards for being a skin color, I'm sure all those that died fighting for civil rights back in the 60s are spinning in their graves.
>>
File: image.png (445 KB, 588x428) Image search: [Google]
image.png
445 KB, 588x428
>>66527518
All my faggy liberal friends went and saw the Compton movie, 12 years, and creed. Fuck, one even saw black Annie.
>>
>>66535552
I don't see how you can say that to someone who found Mad Max boring but was riveted by Brooklyn.

Call them pretentious, call them faggots, whatever, but saying they have ADHD just doesn't make any sense. You're retarded.
>>
>>66535565
that doesnt make sense. Where did I pretend to be retarded? How does one not have some kind of ADHD with this attitude:
>>66534825
>>
>>66535630
>Mad Max
>boring
>not having ADHD
>>
File: MLK.jpg (128 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
MLK.jpg
128 KB, 720x480
>>66535593
The problem is white SJW college liberal arts foundation faggots. Black people have been complaining about shit like this for years and been ignored, with other black people openly mocking them for it to boot. It's only become popular since the rest of this problematic quota-filling bullshit started.
>>
>>66535143

Honestly I'm not even sure what the point of this Oscars controversy was. Yeah no blacks got nominated but why should they care, the awards are nothing more than self-masturbation of accomplishments that no one outside the hollywood community cares about.

What they should be aspiring to do is making bigger blockbusters so they can build their own big movie studios and self-insert themselves into the voting spots like every self-respecting white and jewish person does right now.

I'm not even joking here, be less like Jada Smith and more like Tyler Perry.
>>
>>66535676
Yup, you're retarded. Re-read the posts and think them through carefully. It's even been spelt out for you.
>>
>>66527860
>I think he understands that it's actually white liberals who care and not so much blacks
Agree 100%

Outside of Spike Lee and Will Smith, blacks don't give a fuck about the Oscars. They don't give a fuck about who was nominated. And I think the same is true for most Americans.

Blacks as well as most americans don't watch the same shit that the academy watches.

2014 nominees for best film:
1) 12 Years a Slave: old blacks saw this one
2) The Wolf of Wall Street: everyone saw this
3) Captain Phillips: No
4) Her: No (only /g/ saw this shit)
5) American Hustle: some saw this one
6) Gravity: Bullock/Clooney fans saw this one
7) Dallas Buyers Club: No
8) Nebraska: No
9) Philomena: No

2015 nominees for best film:
1) American Sniper: action so lot of people saw this movie
2) Birdman: Fake capeshit, some may have seen it.
3) Boyhood: No.
4) The Grand Budapest Hotel: No
5) Selma: Old blacks saw this movie
6) The Theory of Everything: No
7) Whiplash: No

Outside of Kinocore viewers, most people don't watch academy nominated shit (black or white).
>>
>>66535712
The whole point is niggers are being played like fiddles by the jews without realising anything
>>
Sad that Rock had to bait a response of "anger" over the Oscars.

If left to themselves you could tell the majority were about to say "I don't care"
>>
>>66527933
He didn't imply that at all. You some kinda retard?
>>
>>66534801
Blacks are so racist against whites, they literally believe whites invented nothing good and all white culture is bad, its a insult to be accused of borrowing from whites for example.
>>
>>66535789
>If left to themselves you could tell the majority were about to say "I don't care"
Preach, brotherman. Preach!
>>
>>66534354
>People like Al Sharpton would become irrelevant.
Blacks in general don't give a flying fuck about Al Sharpton.

You know who loves Al? Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and white far left liberals.
>>
>None of them had seen anything other than Straight Outta Compton all year apparently.

I thought this was the joke. Essentially they're just bitching because the stuff they didn't have any interest in was what got nominated.
>>
>>66535870
This, didn't sound like they were serious but than again i may be underestimating the scope of nigger stupidity
>>
>>66527506
Hence making them easier to manipulate. When they're told that culture is threatened, they immediately defend it without question.
>>
>>66535123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DW31upNEEg
>>
>>66527518
they bitch about people not paying attention to what they like and make no effort to do the same for anyone else.
>>
Noggers love cape shit too. But not much else. I highly doubt there were many that went to see The Revenance. But I bet quite a few saw Deadpool. But they mostly go see movies about noggers because they find it hard to relate to the whitey experience unless it's pure fantasy. White people on the other hand know about noggers and their culture because it's been forced won our collective throats for years. We are used to watch black movies which predominantly portray the oppressed or the gang culture.
>>
Most of this year movies were so terrible practically no one watched them.
Go back to /pol/ retard
>>
>>66536045
>Go back to /pol/

You know this instantly identifies your post as bait right?
>>
File: 1361341449858.png (228 KB, 481x346) Image search: [Google]
1361341449858.png
228 KB, 481x346
>>66527860
Thank you for clearing that up for us.
>>
>>66535778

Except most of them in the community already know they're being played.

They are just feigning ignorance at this point. You don’t fucking work in Hollywood for years without knowing the score about the industry, this is entertainment 101.
>>
>>66527518
White guys in their mid 20s don't bitch about capeshit not getting nominated for oscars. Weak b8, here's you're (You)
>>
>>66527333
i need a link
>>
>>66528331
>2011
They would never do this today
>>
>>66536101
And yet, you replied.
>>
>>66536256
ebin simply ebin

Feel free to call me butthurt next
>>
>>66536315
I don't think you are butthurt, I think you are stupid for replying to what you believe was obvious bait.
>>
>>66535424
Or just make it into separate categories. So you have "Best Movie" and "Best Black Movie". "Best Actor" and "Best Black Actor". etc.
>>
>>66536607
but that's racist segregation
>>
>>66536678
This is what liberaleftyhoweveryouwanttonamethem want
>>
>>66527840
I'm black & I read comics & I have since the early 80s. Took a break in the mid & late 90s due to high school & navy. Started back up around 03
>>
>>66527333
I'd want to see some of the liberal rags opinion on the Oscars theme last night but I don't feel like giving them page views. From following reddit's live thread I noticed they were getting fed up with the anti-white sentiment throughout the show
>>
>>66535715
>no, u

nice

how is Mad Max boring again?
>>
>>66527955
that's literally wrong in europe people seperate themselves in nationalities, not race
>>
>>66535715
Maybe without ADHD you would get what I mean.
>>
>>66535942
>>66527506
You know how segregation started on America? The inmigrants that arrived to America on the second half of the 19th century came from countries with strong unions. The managers noticed it and they were worried about having to respect basic human rights and shit so they segregate the workers into Italian guilds, Irish guilds, Jew guilds, etc. The workers rarely interacted with people outside their group so they didn't see themselves as one group but many groups compiting among themselves, therefore the bosses could made lots of cash. True story
>>
>>66534583
except chris rock in genuinely funny and only used sandlers shoulders to jump even higher

sandler can suck a bag of clits
>>
>>66527518
>tfw I was one of the four people that watched everest in theaters
Should have bought a dime bag and rewatched vertical limit. Did that get nominated for anything? Most boring movie ever? It had great scenery that's it; and cj from dawn of the dead
>>
>>66535858

Thats not his point. Black people themselves distrust everybody at this point (except their local pastor or community leaders). Black "leaders" of today are the ones tossing gas on the national media bonfires, going across the country starting shit, getting blacks and whites riled up about "racial hatred" when white people have been the farthest from active racial animosity (against blacks).
>>
>>66527840
>blacks don't read comics
>he didn't watch Malcolm in the middle and see stevies closet of filing cabinets full of comics
>>
>>66537668

Only educated black men (usually nerds themselves) pick up 'white' hobbies like read comics, manga, or tabletop games. They make up a very small subset of the overall African American community as outliers, and are definitely segregated from the "real niggas" demographic.
>>
>>66535093
Real movies and film basically.
>>
>>66527333
Blacks are 13.4 percent of the population in America. They do realize statistically there are going to be years where a black person isn't nominated right? I'm assuming they understand how variance works. So my question is...how can they ignore the math?
>>
>>66537821

Most black people don't care, dude. This whole controversy was started by Jada Smith after she got upset that her hubby didn't get any nominations for his shitty anti-NFL movie.
>>
>>66537821
If you think it's easy, why don't you make a video of you acting like you're struggling to survive and post it on Youtube, then send us all a link so we can get a peak at your acting chops? Show us your Oscar performance and prove us all wrong.
>>
>>66527333
this bit was literally just to shit on the nominees/academy for not having Straight out of Niggerville there
>>
File: solos.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
solos.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>tfw every movie nominated next year has black people in it
>>
>>66536837
what of all the cases of ethnic minority groups being persecuted within their own countries since the 19th century?

You can read about it by someone who is 'literally' smarter than you ;)

http://www.havenscenter.org/files/Somers_1_arendt.pdf
>>
>>66537821
Math? Remember when Terrence Howard said 1x1 is 2?
>>
>>66534182
let's invite ellen or nph back in. they knew how to entertain an audience
>>
>>66537855

To be fair Will Smith probably would have gotten a Oscar nomination if he waited until after Dr. Omalu died.

Nominations based on famous people/events happen after most if not all people involved said event have died.

I guess no one gave Jada the memo on that.
>>
File: 655665665.png (35 KB, 307x235) Image search: [Google]
655665665.png
35 KB, 307x235
>2016
>Jews still selling racism
>people can't understand this
>>
>>66537821

>im sure black people understand maths and statistics

this is solid gold bait
>>
>in the 88 years I'm sure this has happened before so why are they complaining now?!

>why not in the 60s
>oh right because they were protesting real issues like getting lynched and hanged
BASED ROCK
>>
>>66535008
This. The US is too fucking big. It's never had that strong a national identity compared to tiny yurocuck countries like France, and even those have sectionalism
>>
>>66537659
The actual problem is people like you who think that regular black people give any bit of a fuck about any of this.

You see, black people don't control what Sharpton, or any of these other faggots do. They are going to be obnoxious.

This wouldn't be an issue if people like you didn't assume that they actually speak for black people. Black people don't think that Rush Limbaugh speaks for all white people. And you can't stop (if you wanted to) what Rush does. Much like I can't control what Sharpton does. You and I are both just assholes on the internet, but I distrust everybody, apparently.You simply benefit from the fact that people don't lump all white people together.
>>
>>66540889
>The actual problem is people like you who think that regular black people give any bit of a fuck about any of this.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Most black people distrust 'power figures' and tune them out of their daily lives. Thats it.
>>
>>66540961
What are you even talking about? Where did you get that from in the post I was responding to?
>>
>>66534801
This is the most blatant lie Ive ever seen. Dont delude yourself.
>>
>>66527518
Yeah, but no one is crying because Avengers and other capeshit movies never gets nominated.

At least white people who only consumes shit are pretty aware of how crappy their shit are, different than black people, who'd just assume the shitty movies they watch or the actors in them don't get nominated because racism.
>>
>>66527333

I was wondering what point he was trying to get across...they all sounded like idiots.

"Im gonna criticize the oscars when i havent even seen any of the movies!!"
>>
>>66534354
>Don't even need to mention all the money they make on stoking the fires of racial hate.

Hate makes money no matter what you are. There is a reason why you occasionally see people scaring other people into thinking the government is going to take your guys away.

When that happens, its usually because the gun manufactures are losing revenue and need to drum up big bucks again.
>>
>>66535777
Someone who gets it. Chris Rock was doing a bit and that whole thing was manufactured because theres no way none of those people saw Fury Road or at least heard of The Revenant. Those movies definitely transcend race.

Similarly like you said, in genereal normies dont watch most of the shit thats Oscar nominated. Shit I left my dorm to get some food midshow and literally everyone i passed was like "the oscars? Lol".
>>
>>66541296
M8, I didn't watch a single "black" movie. Pretty much all I watched was capeshit, Star Wars, and the Martian.

Don't you think it's a problem when you get your notion of what normal black people are like from blatant race-baiting nonsense? Fucking look up, man.
>>
>>66537390
Yeah?
>>
>>66527955
>Its the same with every single country racial or community identity before national identity its been that way since the beginning of time.
Not true.
If you ask an indigenous Mexican and a white Mexican what race they are, they'll both tell you they're Mexican. In Mexico, Mexican is basically considered a race.
>>
>>66535021
that one bit was fucking hilarious. Like...that person had a lot of courage to admit they watched "By the Sea".
>>
>>66527840
>niggers don't read comic books
Niggers don't read. Period.
>>
>>66537443
>except chris rock is genuinely funny

This is funnier than anything he said last night
>>
To be honest other than Mad Max, Star Wars and maybe Hateful Eight the other movies were winter season oscar bait movies that nobody watches.
>>
idris elba was the only black actor that deserved a nomination. are there literally any other worthy performances by blacks that should have been nominated?
>>
>>66541584
The eazy e guy for best supporting i guess

Bit of a reach though
>>
>>66534992
is this harry potter?
>>
>>66541584

Guys from "Straight Outta Compton" but that's about it. The fact that Idris wasn't there has nothing to do with race but the Academy's attitude towards movie streaming services.
>>
>>66534789
Has someone already told you, Room is good.
You should also watch The Big Short for educational purposes.
>>
>>66527860
That was the impression I got as well. Same goes for Kevin Hart making fun of himself being a quasi-attention whore. Said he wanted a front row seat, and was mad that he didn't, because he figured with all this #OscarsSoWhite stuff, they'd cut to him, a black guy, a lot. I genuinely laughed. But that and every other "anti-white multicult" joke triggered the fuck out of my buddy. I thought they were all clearly taking the piss, but he was just eternally triggered.
>>
I'm pretty sure he was ripping on blacks for complaining about no blacks in the Oscars but not knowing enough about the film industry to competently argue
>>
>>66536808
gr8 blog where do I unsuscribe?
>>
>JADA BOYCOTTING THE OSCARS IS LIKE ME BOYCOTTING RIHANNAS PANTIES

>NEITHER OF US WERE INVITED

BASED ROCK
A
S
E
D

R
O
C
K
>>
>>66540642
Fuck, I'm from México and If there's a country I think of whenever it is being discussed national pride or patriotism, is the US of A
>>
Is this the "Clint talks to an empty chair" of 2016?
>>
why is /tv/ so butthurt? chris rock was lighthearted and parodied the whole debacle. It's what comedians are supposed to do, whether it's an edgy topic or not
>>
>>66541413
also not quite true
Indigenous Mexicans (mayans, nahuas, raramuris, etc) indentify themselve first as their indigenous group and later as Mexicans.

the rest (being pure whites, mestizo in their various colours and even immigrants such as lebanese which forms a pretty big community) see themselves as Mexicans first and, for example, lebanese, later
>>
>Does trump deny climate change?

DUHHHHH

YA THINK?

Jesus if you people didn't get it with the girl scout cookies I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>66541584
Everyone was jerking off Michael B Jordan but I didn't think he was spectacular. Would have liked to see him up over Damon, though.
>>
>>66527333
fuck yeah, that backfired hard. stacey dash was based as fuck too
>happy black history month trolololololo
>>
I seriously have to ask if this is the status quo for the Oscars? I've never in my life watched them before yet it just seems to boil down to "push your political agenda in the 30 second speech you have".

Is this a regular occurence where winning a film or bringing on 'rape victims', denouncing political candidates, or talking about global warming overshadows the film?

Is this normal in America? Why do you guys have so much white guilt.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.