[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: index(2).jpg (1 MB, 1893x2800) Image search: [Google]
index(2).jpg
1 MB, 1893x2800
Seriously????
>>
>>66518015
What? It's a great film.
>>
Boy, this'll go down in history as the next Crash and Shakespeare in Love.
>>
/tv/ on suicide watch
>>
Oscar bait wins....especially when the vote is divided between several films.
>>
>>66518203
Name a better film about journalism that isn't All the President's Men or a documentary
>>
Hey, i'm just glad The Revenant didn't win.
>>
>>66518344
Of course you are, nigger.
>>
It was a 5/5 film. Would have been disappointing if Revenant or Martian would have won.
>>
>>66518337
Network
>>
Quality of the movie aside, is this the first time that a best picture winner wins only ONE other award?
>>
>>66518500
haha funney, since that was ANOTHER snub for Stallone.
>>
>>66518500
TV journalism isn't real journalism
>>
>>66518712
Not since the pre-60s I think.
I'm still in disbelief, as I'm an autist for awards.
>>
>>66518203
I stopped following the Oscars when I was still a lad, and my favorite war movie at the time (Saving Private Ryan) lost to some gay romantic comedy about Shakespeare. Well, now I'm all grown up and just a few weeks back I finally watched Shakespeare in Love, and I can't believe it, but all of my young and immature feelings turned out to be 100% correct. That movie was trash.
>>
>>66518015
It's a great film, so I'm not mad. But man, that was unexpected.
>>
>>66518337
The Devil Wears Prada
State of Play
Almost Famous
Infamous

And the actually great journalist films..
C I T I Z E N K A N E
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Veronica Guerin
>>
>>66518015

Did it win? I'm surprised, it's actually a good drama on an important topic.
>>
>>66518337

Citizen Kane
>>
File: 1334488308813.jpg (7 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1334488308813.jpg
7 KB, 226x223
>All those mad max wins
>Get hope a fun movie will finally win best picture
>>
If you didn't think it deserved to win you're a pedophile.
>>
>>66519265
Wasn't that more about Kane's life, than actual journalism?
>>
>>66519253
Best Pic
>>
>>66519413
It was literally about a journalist finding out the meaning behind Kane's last word.
>>
Don't mean to be a whiny autist, but apparently Reddit is really happy with this decision.
Really, go look.
>>
>>66519413

If you're splitting hairs, then yes it was about Kane, a newspaper mogul. Therefore a film about journalism.

Also Kill The Messenger was a better film than Spotlight. But my pleb tastes put MMFR as best film.
>>
>>66518015
It's the ensemble cast that worked beautifully together. Things like that are usually attributed to the producers
>>
>>66518118
No, it was pleb Oscar bait. It did not say anything new or interesting, it was just an overly dramatized version of journalists chasing people around for a story.

Ruffalo screaming at the audience every second scene to keep them interested was cringeworthy.

WE CANT LET THEM KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME OR YOU

I saw it when it came out and can't even remember a scene or shot from it now. Completely forgettable.
>>
File: 23542362474553.jpg (6 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
23542362474553.jpg
6 KB, 233x217
>>66518015
it's preddy gud senpai desu senpai
>>
>>66519947
This.

Name a single bad acting job in the film. Name a weak link in the film?
>>
>>66519233

>Infamous
much underated movie, blindsided by boring PSH snoozefest (which was just a rehash of In Cold Blood)

I am someone who actually saw many of Capote's original appearances on Public TV, Johnny Carson, Today Show etc. Infamous caught his odd charisma and niche in society almost perfectly.

Sorry if I veered off topic.
>>
>>66518337
Frost/Nixon
>>
>>66522372
>Capote

Highly underrated desu senpai, thanks for reminding me of it.

Add zodiac to the list as well
>>
>>66519960
>
Did you watch the movie I did? The only time Ruffalo shouts is when his editor sits on the story after they have a letter proving law knew that he had a pedo priest from a Bishop and did nothing.

I think you only saw the clip on the oscars.
>>
>>66518337
The only ones that come close are Zodiac and capote when it comes to Newspaper style Journalism.

>Spotlight was a better crafted but less tense then Zodiac.
>>
>>66518015

Story was alright, the cinematography was so, fucking, shit. When Ruffalo was in the stadium talking to the two guys and it did jumpcuts from the left angle to the right, holy shit it was so badly done. It felt like a 50s movie where the pauses from cut to cut were too long. jesus just thinking about it makes me cringe
>>
>>66519960
Revenant should have fucking won. This was bullshit.
>>
>>66518015
And did you notice how Morgan fuckman did not open the envelope to read the winner? Then handed it to one of the crew from the movie who also did not open it.
What the fuck was that.
>>
>>66519277
>Mad Max
>Fun

Inside Out should have won then.
>>
>>66519682
They're only talking about Leo, am I missing something?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.