[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies that aged like milk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: LAC-Poster.jpg (60 KB, 668x961) Image search: [Google]
LAC-Poster.jpg
60 KB, 668x961
ITT: movies that aged like milk
>>
>>66483788
>saw it for the first time this year
>thought it was phenomenal
Maybe it's just that your bitter, jaded, havne't-left-the-house-in-years ass has aged like milk.
>>
OP is a fool that movie is just as phenomenal now as when it premiered

I can watch LA Confidential 10 times in a row it's so great
>>
>>66483868
>>66483971
just because something is dated doesnt mean its bad you dumb faggots
>>
>>66483971
>10 times in a row
Nice over exaggeration faggot
>>
>>66483868
>projecting this much
>>
>>66484043
>as milk ages, it literally becomes undrinkable
>turns sour, then solidifies, and will make you physically ill
>colloquially, it "goes bad"

Saying something "ages like milk" mean that it has become bad with age. In movie terms, it means IT'S A BAD MOVIE, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
I haven't seen it but Armond White liked it so I assume it's good
>>
>>66483788
The fuck is wrong with u?
>>
>>66484328
you fucking retarded nigger all it means is it has become outdated you stupid fucking projecting piece of shit

holy shit why am i even engaging in conversation with these faggots
>>66483868
>>66483971

the type of cucks that use "phenomenal" to describe a typical hollywood thriller so riddled with cliches you could literally use it's script as a template for the genre
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fazL400MI70
>>
>>66483788
>movies
>aging

This is a meme.
>>
File: 51XZd3GS0DL.jpg (61 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
51XZd3GS0DL.jpg
61 KB, 353x500
>>66483788
>>
>>66484543
epic cuck nigger >>>/pol/ meme
>>
>>66484543
Lol, you think using a bunch of profanities makes you win an argument? You're 100% wrong. Do you really think when milk passes the date stamped on the bottle that it's still good? When it's all clumpy and smells of poo? Yea, that's what aging like milk consists of, little child.
>>
>>66484597
was this a delete scene?
>>
>>66484754
Not his mom's milk, I should know
>>
>>66484543
>set in the early 1950s
>it has become outdated

Great job retard.
>>
>>66484597
this is so cliche and cringey. its like the writer was raised on shitty thrillers and thinks he got what it takes to write lean, mean, no bull-shit taking characters who dont take no for an answer xDDD
>>66484754
>little child.
hi /r/movies! enjoy you're yearly visit to /tv/ on oscar night you faggot cock wanker
>>
>>66484805

>literally the first scene with Bud White.

Have you even seen LA Confidential?
>>
>>66484868
>he thinks time period of a movie has anything to do with it being dated
literal teenagers im arguing with right now
>>
>>66484971
What makes it dated then?
>>
>>66484971
Looks like someone is angry because they don't know how to use the word dated.

You didn't like the film and that's fine anon. No need to sperg out.
>>
>>66484543
>so riddled with cliches

just leave contrarian faggot. It's almost a perfect movie
>>
>>66485288
hackneyed, fashionable performances/dialogue that suck shit in and out of the period

>>66485425
>contrarian
i love a lot of well regarded movies so i'm not a contrarian but nice defense mechanism
>>
>>66485777
what a waste of trips. I don;t understand how you can refer to LA Confidential as "cliched." It's a noir film, sure, and as such it has to stick to certain elements of the genre, but it's anything but "cliched"
>>
>>66483788
This is a period movie. What your saying doesn't make sense.
>>
File: Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg (398 KB, 1369x2125) Image search: [Google]
Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg
398 KB, 1369x2125
>>66483788
>>
>>66485777
>hackneyed
On the contrary, it revisited a genre and did it with a certain originality.
>dialogue that suck shit
Examples please.
>>
>>66483788
Same here. I was quite surprised by how cliche it was when I saw it because everyone says it's a 10/10 and I generally agree with /tv/. It's so weird because they have all these based actors in the same film and it's just so flat, not only their characters but their acting. I don't think anyone gave a shit. Every character is a literal cartoon, at times I wondered if it was a kids movie with "adult" violence.

I felt tricked. It definitely is a product of a different time, far outclassed by every cop/detective shit in recent decades.
>>
>>66485963
you havent seen enough hollywood noir thrillers if you don't think this movie is cliched
>>66486117
>period movies cant be dated
first of all they can. and this one is not dated because it's a period movie, it's dated because of the shitty writing and acting
>>66486316
>>66486316
>On the contrary, it revisited a genre and did it with a certain originality.
you're either only familiar with reddit and imdb's top 250 movies or you're a dumb retard
>examples please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brgQy3DsZQg
this entire scene in addition to the rest of the movie
>>
File: 1455504267038.gif (1 MB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1455504267038.gif
1 MB, 285x285
>this thread

I hope this is just a one man sperging spree, L.A. Confidential is quintessential neo-noir. Or is it? Is there a specific term for a "neo-noir" that is a callback to the hardboiled or noir genres?

>cliched

Yeah, no fuck off, cliches aren't inherently bad. Femme fatales? shady goings on? political fuckery visa vi back room under the table handshakes? these are just the trappings of the genre.
>>
Rosebud.
>>
>>66486954
watch more movies. sorry it's the only advice i can give to someone this uninformed
>>66486969
influential movies cannot be dated because they created the cliches
>>
>>66486847
>you're either only familiar with reddit and imdb's top 250 movies or you're a dumb retard
Great strawman friend but it's you, who made the claim that the film is cliched, who seems to have not watched a lot of films. Go watch some 40s noir films with cardboard cutout bad guys and ludicrous plots, and then come back with your retarded opinions.

>this entire scene in addition to the rest of the movie
The scene is fine, you are literally grasping at straws. If anything contradicts the other retard ITT claiming the acting was flat.
>>
>>66487096
>go watch more movies

How could you possibly know how many movies I've seen? Noir is one of my favorite genres, seen all the staples, past and present. The only advice I can give to you is stop smelling your own farts.

All you've done is paint in broad strokes, repeating the same few phrases over and over. Can't even elaborate beyond youtube links and say its hackneyed and cliched and dated over and over.
>>
>>66483788
anon, you know when a movie ages well you say it ages like wine, not milk.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.