[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you wont make it and turn into an animal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: lobster.png (968 KB, 1440x762) Image search: [Google]
lobster.png
968 KB, 1440x762
>tfw you wont make it and turn into an animal
>>
is Alexander the only kino in which he did not have to pretend to be straight?
>>
What did you guys think of this movie?
Just finished it
>>
>>66472736
Best of 2015
>>
What kind of animal would you be? I'd be a great white shark.
>>
>>66471821
>when you realize your kids a fat pussy
>>
>>66473011
A dindu. Then I could gibsmedats and shirk responsibility while living off the tear of society all my life
>>
>>66473011
a dragon
>>
>>66473011
I'd be a lion or a wolf
>>
>>66473011
probably a lobster too
I also like the water and want to live for a while after i'm turned.
or maybe a whale, so theres no chance of me being eaten. then again i'd have to watch out for those damn asians
>>
they made a movie based on episode of "Friends"?
>>
>>66473011
Lion is the only correct answer.
>sleep without a care in the world
>eat whatever your wife brought home
>fuck her
>repeat
>>
>>66473293
but you have to battle out other fucking alpha male lions
if you were a beta as a human you sure ain't going to be the alpha in the kingdom
>>
>>66473336
Guess those MMA classes will finally be useful
>>
Colin Farrel is like 9/10 with literally god tier hair and accent that makes grills wet.

Him not finding gf immidiately ruined my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>66472157

Miami Vice the bitch he was fucking looked like a man
>>
File: rachel-weisz.png (940 KB, 1440x761) Image search: [Google]
rachel-weisz.png
940 KB, 1440x761
>you will never fuck her up the ass
>>
>>66472157
>pretend
nigga he has a sex tape of him fucking a woman what more do you need
>>
>>66473805
>You will never be Darren Aronovsky
>>
>>66473805
good
>>
>>66473011
If you pick anything but an Apex Predator enjoy a short life of fear

Gorilla would be pretty comfy, or a domestic animal like a dog (pet play jokes aside) if you get a good family. Also electric eel just for alien sensations.
>>
>>66473011
A motherfucking eagle. Soaring in the air eating dumb people who turned into fish.
>>
>>66473995
she's married to Bond
>>
>>66473011
A big black cock
>>
>>66473411
He didn't have anything in common with most people. And he did have that suicidal fat lady offer herself as a fuck slave.
>>
can somebody explain this movie?

why did they all talk like retards or kids? why did they think you have to have something superficial in common with somebody to love them?
>>
File: 8917.png (37 KB, 131x125) Image search: [Google]
8917.png
37 KB, 131x125
>>66473411
>suspension of disbelief in a movie about people being turned to animals when they dont find a partner
>>
>>66474685
>>66474681
Its a metaphor you idiots, and quite on point. Relationships do begin with something superficial most of the time. You find a girl through mutual friends or by meeting her in the same seal clubbing club.
>>
I think it's about relationships and how they start for superficial reasons but those aren't enough to keep the relationships going. Eventually all relationships require sacrifice to keep going. That's my interpretation at least.
>>
>>66474681
>>66474752
oops, forgot to link to the message I was replying to
>>
>>66474681
>why did they all talk like retards or kids?
it's the directors style
>why did they think you have to have something superficial in common with somebody to love them?
the whole movie is commentary on how media and society portray the necessity of a relationship. there would be no "tfw no gf" posts if media doesn't constantly tell us that it's the only way to go

the director/film makers dont actually think you have to have something superficial in common with somebody to love them, they just see that most media/people think that way and decided to make a movie about they might think love and loneliness will look like in the future

now the whole "turn into an animal if you cant find a mate" thing is up for interpretation but i personally think it's a method for population control

people have always found ways to control the masses in some way. population control is obviously an issue right now and will get to out of hand in the near future. so this movie is just an idea for how people will deal with it. this is just my interpretation
>>
>>66474896
its not population control
Forming relationships is one of the most important things that make us human. By failing to do that you loose part of your humanity.
>>
>>66474681
actually, i think i just figured it out. they all talk like kids, and the relationships are all basically the same sort that people had when they were kids: "oh, you like that? i like that too, let's become boyfriend and girlfriend." The whole "you turn into an animal" thing is also the sort of idea that could come out of a child's imagination.

I think that it all means that, while adults like to call love some lofty, life-changing thing, in the end we're all just a bunch of kids liking people for dumb reasons, and love is ultimately just as meaningless for us as it is for children.
>>
>>66475000
so these people are turning the loners into animals because they don't like it when these loners "lose part of their humanity"? i don't buy that

i dont argue that relationships are important. i find it hard to believe that the people in this movie are forcing other people to have relationships simply because they don't want these people to lose part of their humanity
>>
>>66473411
>>66474685
Yeah the premise also crumbles because half of the unloved forever alones are women
>>
>>66475098
jesus christ is metaphor you fucking retard its not about people being literally being dumped into hotel outside the city and then being turned into animals
>>
>>66475000
>Forming relationships is one of the most important things that make us human
(not true, by the way)

Colin Farrell said that the entire film is satire and commentary on how people perceive relationships. Judging by Yorgos's previous films, I highly doubt he'd make a movie about how relationships are part of humanity lmao
>>
>>66475153
The other anon is right, you're the real retard here if you think this movie is portraying the necessity of relationships as a part of ones humanity
>>
>>66475153
kek idk what to tell you anon you're really off base with your interpretation. this movie is not about how relationships are a good thing
>>
>>66475153
He's not denying it's a metaphor, he's just saying it's a metaphor for something other than what you think it's a metaphor for.
>>
Is this an existential horror movie? It reads like one.
>>
File: 473403676.jpg (128 KB, 412x594) Image search: [Google]
473403676.jpg
128 KB, 412x594
>>66475000
>Forming relationships is one of the most important things that make us human. By failing to do that you loose part of your humanity.
are you sure you watched the right movie?
>>66475380
yeah
>>
>>66472736
firs alph is top tier. Second one is just complete garbage.
>>
>>66475409
half*
>>
>>66472736
only plebs are disappointed by the second half. the entire thing is great
>>
What kind of animal do you think David turned the heartless chick into?
>>
>>66475558
a female human
>>
>>66475583
a goldfish
>>
>>66475583
Ha!
>>
>>66475558
They said it was really horrible, but that's the only clue they give you. So whatever the worst animal to be would be.
>>
File: Jessica+Barden+0DgrFIq0QkAm.jpg (23 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Jessica+Barden+0DgrFIq0QkAm.jpg
23 KB, 360x240
How in the hell are we supposed to believe that this chick isnt already with someone?
is it the nosebleeds? I wouldn't give a single shit about that shes a qt
>>
>>66475664
>How in the hell are we supposed to believe that this chick isnt already with someone?
the same way you're supposed to believe that people are turned into animals if they don't have a SO
>>
I'd be a kandiru. Or an angler fish.
>>
>>66475664
bretty good in a bathing suit too
>>
so did he cut his eyes out?
>>
Wait do people actually turn into animals?
I thought it was just bullshit to cover up murdering them. There's no proof they actually turn into in animals.
>>
did you not see all the animals walking around in the background?
>>
Sperm whale.
Expecially because you seem to get turned in an adult-age animal and you don't have to suffer cub-phase with everything out to get you.

So no one is going to fuck with you while you explore unfathomable depths no man has seen before and fuck up giant squids shit.

Or maybe a killer whale for happy bloody fun as a social apex predator.
>>
>>66475648
>So whatever the worst animal to be would be

So she turned into a human?
>>
>>66474896
>whole movie is commentary on how media and society portray the necessity of a relationship

Definitely agree was gonna post something similar.

How he doesn't love the girl who loves him, so she kills herself. Reminds me a lot of people who have been attracted to me but I have not reciprocated (this doesn't lead to suicide though). Also faking a common interest to get into a relationship, maybe this has to do with how when you see to lovers who you think are faking it (maybe you're just jealous since he had a kid with her). Also the horrible dog killer is when you get into a relationship where there isn't love (idk?). The loners in the woods definitely speaks truth to me as well, it sometimes seems as though my single friends want to ruin the relationship of my friends who are in a relationship (you know how guys say he spends to much time with his gf etc). But I think the same can be said for those in a relationship that condescendingly look down on those who aren't. There are also people who are too ugly/boring to ever find love, that guy. And I think it ends with a test of love to see if you will give up something important to you to stay in the relationship.
>>
File: donkey brains.webm (3 MB, 700x376) Image search: [Google]
donkey brains.webm
3 MB, 700x376
do you think the chick in the beginning killed the donkey out of love or hate
>>
>>66475664
Because nobody else there had nose bleeds. Each person was reduced to their defining characteristic and their conversations all revolved around that.
>>
File: Spouse Alison Dickey (m 1992).jpg (144 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Spouse Alison Dickey (m 1992).jpg
144 KB, 600x900
>>66476701
>There are also people who are too ugly/boring to ever find love, that guy
>>
>>66476995
Forgot about that, hate because of her lack of emotions. The multiple gunshots to the the body, not going for a headshot (or other clean kill), not checking if it was dead and her general lack of grievance.
>>
File: 1453218182591.jpg (20 KB, 423x615) Image search: [Google]
1453218182591.jpg
20 KB, 423x615
>no teasing webm
>>
>>66476517
Bowhead whales live to be over 200 and are better at communicating than any other whale. Going super deep wouldn't be that interesting, I'd rather live an extra 130 years.
>>
>>66477199
Andy Warhol held the view that everyone is beautiful, it's a struggle to agree with him, although it's possible.
>>
>>66475558
There's a camel randomly walking around later in the woods.

I immediately thought of the chick when I saw it.

I also remember a giant pig in the woods that resembled the fat toasterman.

I do enjoy the idea that the animals actually resemble the people. Even if the chick was changed by someone else's choice, subconsciously the guy made her into the animal she would've chosen herself.
>>
>>66471821
still surprises that most people don't get that this is a black comedy.
>>
File: 1327111322310.jpg (51 KB, 374x1011) Image search: [Google]
1327111322310.jpg
51 KB, 374x1011
>>66473011
Any bird of prey, the sensation of high speed flying must be something else if I can retain some of my consciousness.
>>
>>66473011
Me? I'd be crabs legs.
>>
>>66473011
Me, I'd be a crab's legs
>>
>>66473011
House-cat, living on a farm full of tasty mice together with an elderly couple who will cook for me and also scratch me behind the ears whenever i'm not sleeping in a comfy bed.

Fuck you guys who want to be a symbol of freedom/power. House-cat is the only non-meme choice.
>>
>>66473805
again, i will never do it again
>>
>>66478740
>Get eaten by pigs
>Get fucked up by foxes
>Trampled by cattle
>Torn apart by guy walking dog nearby farm
>Ripped open by barbed fencing they use against trespassers
>Eat rat poison
>Run over by tractor

You wouldn't last the week, faggot.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.