[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people enjoyed this movie explain yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: cover.jpg (179 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
179 KB, 1500x1500
>people enjoyed this movie
explain yourselves
>>
It was good.
>>
File: 1450907000579.jpg (49 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1450907000579.jpg
49 KB, 512x384
it was my tempo
>>
I simulatenously loved and hated the ending. The ending scene itself was fantastic because it was a huge release on all the tension and pressure built up throughout the movie, and the immediate cut to credits at the end of his solo was amazing.

But fuck me I hated that even after all the abusive shit that Andrew went through, he still ate up Fletchers admiration and approval like a good little doggy.
>>
>>66460346
Helps motivate me. Gives me that push I need in life.
>>
>>66460346
>he's mad that people enjoyed something he didn't

Explain yourself
>>
Film was good, worst of all was all the jazz and drumming bandwagoners that proliferated after it ...
>>
>>66460554
This

I watched it not knowing shit about it. Legit 9/10. Not even that much into jazz, but the music was good in it
>>
Crappy movie, but angry yelling man kept me entertained enough to watch it though. Also it looked pretty good.
>>
>>66460479
Same thoughts. There really was no resolution in the end, Fletcher got away with being the dick that he is and Andrew was played like a damn fiddle. He didn't get the girl and he didn't end up escaping Fletcher's grasp.
>>
File: Impotence_Causes_Dysfunction.jpg (61 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
Impotence_Causes_Dysfunction.jpg
61 KB, 285x285
I can relate to it.

I started drawing before I could remember and I believe I am pretty great at it, or at least have great potential for it. Yet there hasn't been a single moment where someone would've challenged or tested me in my life. No solid ciriticism, no one saying "NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

Now I'm barely doing any art because I grew up with the mentality that no one actually needed or cared about my creations simply because all I got for my work was "You did it! Good job!" while I barely did anything.
>>
Loved the music, but couldn't get invested cause I just kept waiting for him to call the kid prag, he's forever Schillinger in my mind.
>>
>>66460346
Autists can relate to the main character.

>>66460437
kek
>>
>explain yourselves
Not all are plebs.
>>
>>66460346
JAZZ SOUNDS SO DEEPLY INSPIRNG LMAO
>>
Great editing, great music, great acting.
>>
Pretentious drums are pretentious
>>
File: j-k-simmons.jpg (252 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
j-k-simmons.jpg
252 KB, 600x816
>>66460346
>>
DUDE DRUMMING VERY HARD AND FAST UNTIL MY HANDS BLEED LOL
>>
File: 1414964583941.jpg (32 KB, 344x505) Image search: [Google]
1414964583941.jpg
32 KB, 344x505
>white people
>jazz
>>
File: 1456669256089.png (468 KB, 344x505) Image search: [Google]
1456669256089.png
468 KB, 344x505
>>66462788
>niggers
>people
>>
Hate jazz and didn't think I would like this since I thought it was just gonna be a pretentious jerk off session. But the music itself was secondary to everything instead of "LOOK HOW AWESOME JAZZ MUSIC IS".
>>
>>66460671
>He didn't get the girl

yeah because he was busy investing time in himself and becoming a fucking drummer, not wasting it with pussy. but you didnt see it that way did you, beta faggot?

women hinder greatness, they never help.
>>
>>66462788
>KIKES
>white people
>>
File: Klaus.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Klaus.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Was stupid shonen.
The charismatic angry one didn't work
>>
>>66462996
>this anon tries to justify his lack of pussy by saying its hindering his greatness
>>
>>66460346
I enjoyed it, but I'm not one of those normie plebs that went ape shit over it as if it was the greatest movie ever made. It's a pretty mediocre movie all around to be quite honest.
>>
Great editing. Makes me want to dance
>>
>>66460671
The resolution didn't belong to Miles Teller, it belonged to JK Simmons.
He got his star. All his abuse made a legendary drummer and he got what he wanted.

Which is also what Miles wanted. He mentions at the dinner table scene that he'd rather die a 35 as a heroin addict as the greatest drummer of his time than die in his 80s having done nothing of note with his life.
>>
the main problem was his motivation was weak as shit, also the teacher fucking him in the end was pretty retarded, good thing he refused to leave and just went bananas on the drum

stil ok 7/10
>>
>>66464325
>his motivation was weak as shit
I don't know about it that. I felt like most of the shit I read from people when the movie came out was "OMG why duz he care so much?" rather than that he didn't give it his all.
>>
>>66460346
>I can't deal with other people liking stuff I don't
Explain yourself
>>
>>66460346
yeah, why do people enjoyed a perfectly paced, interesting, well shot movie about universal themes like success and obsession? it's almost like not everybody is an ADD riddled retard like 4chan users.
>>
>>66464213
>die at 35 as a heroin addict
Oh yeah I rather die young in a fucking dirty bathrool stall than live a full life and die while my children and grandchildren are around me.
>>
>>66460671

>>66460479

>waaaa the bad dude got away

damn, how pleb can this board get? go back to your capeshit where the good guy scores a clean-cut victory.

the "abuses" helped him becoming great. did you even watched the movie, you game of thrones redditors?
>>
>>66462206
>using kek
>using autist

i wish you would die back to /v/
>>
>>66461104
So start drawing again punk
>>
>>66460671
I saw the ending as a clarification of Fletcher's intentions. It may seem as a long shot, but I still believe that till the end he was fucking with him so he could find his brilliance. He is crazy enough to don't care about being fired.
>>
>>66464823
this
>>
>>66460671
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT NOTHING ELSE MATTERS TO ANDREW OTHER THEN DRUMMING THAT'S WHY IT'S THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE ENDIND
>>
>>66460671
i hope this is bait, damn.
>>
>>66464806

That's the point. Miles Teller didn't care about family or relationships. He wanted to be a great jazz drummer. That's presumable what all his life would be for after the end of the movie.
>>
I think the point of the end was that Fletcher DID want revenge. He said people here (at the concert), can make or break a player.

He wanted to destroy Andrews potential career like Andrew had fucked his teaching career. He almost succeeded too by making Andrew look shit by playing the wrong song.

However he didn't expect Andrew to come back and be King swinging dick like he did. The dialogue confirmed that. Andrew proved he was great, his career wasn't ruined and Fletchers methods were proven to work as he finally had his genius.

It was essentially a win/win.
>>
>>66460346
It was good.
>>
>>66460479
That's the point.
>>
>>66465279
>win

Andrew was sucked back into an abusive relationship and its implied that he's going to go down the dead at 35 route.
>>
>dude pipe dreams are worth more than healthy relationships lmao

only fedoras could like such a shitty message
>>
>>66465496

Well quite, sooner that then working in chick a fil or whatever the fuck he was doing.

On the other hand, he had learned to stand up to Fletcher buy kicking the shit out of him, getting him fired and returning to the stage and essentially leading the band. The dead by 35 was him just proving a point about being the best at something rather then just accepting shit as it is.
>>
>>66465636
I think the success of that performance at the end is ambiguous, he could have easily made a fool of himself with that long solo performance. We can't see the crowd's expression.
>>
Movie is 10/10 classic film. I suspect a lot of viewers missed the point, which they'll eventually get the second time they watch it.

And the ending was perfect. I've heard people whine that it felt a bit long, but if you were into the movie and feeling the moment, it was just right.
>>
>>66460671
>>66464823
He didn't get away with it, he was fired. It was Andrew's own dumb fault for coming crawling back that Fletcher got his claws back in him..
>>
10/10 only because Miles Teller gets bitchslapped
>>
>>66461104
i'm...i'm sorry to hear that anon

do you think you can post some of your old drawings here?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.