[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KOTOR: The Movie Epic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
Should Disney make this into a movie?

It sure has heaps of great information about the old Jedi Council, the earlier Sith. Even beginning the story with Saul and Carth still working together.

For those who dont know: Carth and Saul worked for the Republic against the Sith until one day Saul betrayed Carth and joined the sith.

Meanwhile Jedi Bastilla and other Jedi were on a mission to take down Darth Revan. Sithlord Malak (be amazing to see him on screen) the main Sithlord throughout the game whilst your playable character wakes up during an attack on your Republic spaceship, bumping into Carth you join together and escape.

Landing on planet Taris you have to search for Bastilla.

Throughout the game you have to find hidden map pieces which will lead you to Malak's location (sound like Episode 7? Lol).

This game has an awesome storyline and characters to see visualized on screen. It would fail as a 2 hour film though. You would need it to be 3 hours with a lot of talking about backstories of the force, each character's backstory to better understand them as this is how the game plays out.

That's if fans would like a lot of chatter BUT meaningful to do with early Star Wars politics. The game has massive amounts of different groups of people so it be hard to include everyone.
>>
>>66458289
I'd watch it
>>
>>66458289
I'm not reading your fucking terribly structured wall of text. Yes I'd watch a movie adaption of that video game though.
>>
>>66458289

No it wont happen.

What they will do (eventually given their plans to milk star wars for decades) is do a movie in that era. It wont be KOTOR, it wont use the games story or anything. It'll be Disneys new-KOTOR.
>>
>>66458569
Eh I can live with that if they do a movie set 4,000 years b4 ANH and use some story bits from KOTOR and make it their own.
>>
It's too late now since they stole a lot of shit from it for The Force Awakens
>>
File: 1424766494680.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1424766494680.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>66458786
>Kylo's design
>the search for luke using missing pieces of a star map leading to unknown territory
>the planet lukes on looks like rakata prime
>starkiller sucks the energy of a sun like the star forge did

Abrams is a fucking hack, is there anything in this movie not stolen from previous star wars lore and remade into something "new"?
>>
File: is.jpgmilklol.jpg (12 KB, 341x226) Image search: [Google]
is.jpgmilklol.jpg
12 KB, 341x226
The cash awakens

Hollywood bullshit. kek
>>
>>66458289
it has a better story than tfa
>>
>>66458762

It'll be basically how they used the old books for Ep 7.
>>
>>66458289
Only if they make KotOR 2 a sequel film, considering it was better than the first anyway
>>
>>66458289
>Should Disney make this into a movie?
NO
>>
>>66458289
>Should Disney make this into a movie?
No.
>>
>>66458927
true, though not saying much considering that tfa was at least 75% lifted straight from new hope.
>>
>>66458289
Disney tier Animation
Kotor's story
yes pls
Disney already Adapted Big Hero Six it won't be long before they adapt a Starwars story
>>
>>66460145
genndy tartakovsky should direct more star wars animation. his clone wars was possibly the best thing to come out of the entire prequel saga
>>
star wars is officially gay.

have you not heard anon.

ANY FUTURE FILMS WILL BE FILLED WITH GAY STUFF.

iN FACT all future popular kids movies will be filled with gay stuff.
stay pleb
>>
>>66458289
i'd rather they leave it alone desu

don't really want a new wave of revan fanboyism either
>>
>>66460023
Kotor 2 is probably the best SW piece ever written but they'd never do it since it doesn't pander to Disney's target audience. You think 12-14 year old kiddos would enjoy listening to Kreia's thoughts in a movie?
>>
>VII destroyed 5 planets
>no one cares

>Malak desides to destroy Taris
>ultimate blacklash and the whole galaxy unites against him

Why TFA so shit?
>>
>>66461677
Only the Republic fought against Malak, the rest were either Sith or neutral like Manaan
>>
>>66461800
Malak is sith and sith is Malak, anon. Manaan didn't even know that this happend.
>>
>>66461677
>ultimate backlash

What you on about m8? The Republic was already at war with the Sith and not much else changed.
>>
>>66461859
I know he's Sith, I was saying how only the Republic opposed him. Also, pretty sure Manaan knew about Taris even the Selkath at the Swoop Racing bar tells you that
>>
>>66461905
Who cares. The shit Resistance was too pathetic whos managed to destroy planet with 5 X-wings. That's hard to believe.
>>
A TV series focusing on the Mandalorian Wars should happen.
>>
>>66460023
It's the best setup and has the most potential

And they do fucking nothing with it. The great ideas are no developed nor do they come together. Such a shame.
>>
>>66458289
Movie? No.

Netflix miniseries? Yes, with the possibility of KOTOR 2 as a second season.
>>
>>66463802
muh dick
>>
>>66460081
>>66460071
fuck off samefag
you've probably never played the game and your taste is shit regardless
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNvCOUy1Ts
I loved the cinematics from TOR mmo game.
The game is shit, but the movies would look totally sweet in this style
>>
>>66458883
I agree on all points.

But really and truly, is there anything in the OT that wasn't done before in some way?
>>
>>66464515

The game has dramatically improved since launch. Maybe give it another shot, I've been having some fun with it. Certainly better than WoW or GW2.
>>
>>66458289
They would have to wiggle in a deathstar somewhere, im not sure if they are up for it.
>>
No, and Disney will never make this shit into a movie. Stay non canon forever, fan fiction tier bullshit
>>
>>66458289
a tv series would be better
>>
>>66460023
>Implying a movie about an old bitter woman that hates the force would sell.

It would flop so hard it might kill star wars if they tried to make it into a movie.
>>
>>66463802
Or a miniseries which be even better!
>>
Someone made a pretty good movie adaptation of the game. Not like Disney will do anything with the game cos it doesn't have "mai original trilogy"!

https://youtu.be/WUGYWiy-qKc
>>
>>66458883

>Abrams is a fucking hack, is there anything in this movie not stolen from previous star wars lore and remade into something "new"?

Yeah. The jokes and characters. AKA, the parts of the movie that actually mattered
>>
>>66467305

Actually, on second thought, he is a bit of a hack. At least when he's directing Shit Trek
>>
>>66458883
>Rey is the reincarnation of bastilla
>Kylo ren is the reincarnation of revan

It's like poetry
>>
>>66466853
Aww dam I got excited thinking it was going to be a live action film...

I'd so watch a fan made KOTOR film with real actors. Wouldnt be that hard if you know someone who can make 3D effects. Make a 3D background lookalike of Taris, easy to find a location that looks like the Sewers. Then film a lot in hallways, corridors for the Taris apartments.

For Tatooine if the fan made film has budget then go overseas to the place where Lucas made his SW films. Lots of huts and houses he based the Tatooine towns on.

If cant travel then use either models of Tatooine figures and blue screen it.

Would be hell cool to watch
>>
>this

>goddamn

>spacing

why

are

you

doing

this?

I swear you must be used to a website that needs you to press enter twice or something.
If there is such a website.
>>
>>66458883
Yup it turns out Episode 7 borrowed a lot from KOTOR
>>
Honestly, in retrospect Kotor's plot is kind of garbage. It relies heavily on a plot twist that is kind of stupid, and the two supporting characters with the most screen-time are the most boring.
>>
>>66464494
>playing video games

Back to /v/, kiddo.
>>>/v/
>>
>>66467542
I disagree. I loved the backstory of each of the characters as they communicated with your character.

The Carth/Saul subplot was really good. Old story of good guy betrays good friend but it works very well.

If they made a film, seeing some actual training of Darth Malak training Bandon would be amazing since we've never seen a Sith train his apprentice before in a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>66467526

some people prefer to double space their shit. Relax
>>
>>66458289
Paragraphs exist...line poster.
>>
>>66467526
Why are you such an aspie? Go to your niggerloving thread and stay there, you spastic retard.
>>
>>66467526
I take reddit and /v/ posters over /tv/ aspies like you any day.
>>
You can make this movie in 2 hours and 15 minutes no problem.

First 1/3 is Revan finding and saving Bastila and her being tsundere about not needing to be saved. They go to Dantooine or w/e the planet with the remnants of the Jedi council are on, and Revan becomes a jedi.
Second act is the crew searching for the starforge and Malak. Revan learns his true identity. Bastila is wooed by Malak to the dark side.
Final act is Revan and gang tracking them down, Revan getting Bastila back to light by the powers of LOVE and defeating Malak.

Post-credits scene with an elderly woman talking about neutrality of the force and how your decisions shape the reality around you. If enough money made, then the real KOTOR movie will be greenlit.
>>
File: 1448812817133.jpg (164 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448812817133.jpg
164 KB, 1600x900
>>66465054
>Tortanic
> better than gw2
Pick one nooblord
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.