[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rocky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Rocky.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1407) Image search: [Google]
Rocky.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1407
If I wanna marathon Rocky, do I need to watch all the series including I - V, Balboa, and Creed?
>>
>>66457454
You dont need to do anything

I recommend skipping 5
>>
>>66457454
If you want the "great films"

>Rocky
>Balboa
>Creed

If you want the great films plus good cheese

>Rocky
>Rocky II
>Rocky IV
>Balboa
>Creed

Otherwise watch them all
>>
>>66457454
I havent seen Balboa or Creed. I'm afraid too.
>>
Leave out 5 and creed
>>
>>66457489
>"great films"
What's that mean?
>>
Watch all of them.
>>
>marathon a series but leave out a few films

Just watch all the movies you fucking pleb
>>
>>66457525
If your mostly doing it to satisfy an itch, and only want the critically acclaimed, etc then those 3 will do you.

If you want a little more fun, and area a little more forgiving and easy going, go for the ten hour marathon I suggested.

Otherwise, you might as well do them all and judge for your self.
>>
>>66457511
Balboa is great creed is just garbage and not real rocky
>>
1 > 4 > Balboa > Creed > 2 > 3 > 5
>>
>>66457595
What's wrong with III and V ?
>>
>>66457595
Upvoted
>>
>>66457610
They aren't really good movies.

Rocky I is a prefect story of a down and out loser who happens to be good at boxing, finding his stride and developing it.

Rocky II is pretty much Rocky I all over again, but this time Rocky wins, so there's that I guess.

Rocky III is this sort of weird adventure where he fights Mr.T. The whole thing seems like a Rambo tie-in and doesn't really develop anything.

Rocky IV, for all of it's mess, is endearing in that you have the log cabin underdog fighting the robotic super soldier (as backwards as that probably is for USA vs Russia).

Rocky V was this strange street fight, that reminded me of Superman IV more than anything. It didn't really deliver anything noteworthy.

Balboa was the start of Stallone's surprisingly good career as a director, and was Rocky's last dash at fame. It was sort of special in how it actually looked past Rocky in a lot of ways, but still gave us the human, flawed character.
>>
>>66457703
Anon, you are awesome, I hope you have a good day
>>
>>66457703
Mostly true, except you glance over the actual plot of Rocky III, where he has to get back the eye of the tiger.
>>
File: 1340335839515391523.jpg (29 KB, 332x499) Image search: [Google]
1340335839515391523.jpg
29 KB, 332x499
>>66457781
>>
>>66457454
3, 4 and 5 are shit, but you should still watch them all. Makes you appreciate Balboa so much more, also you'll have the satisfying feeling of not having missed anything
>>
>>66457609
b8

1>6>2>Creed>3>4>literal shit>5
>>
The best two Rockey films are 3 and 4. Just watch those two. And then watch them again. They are towering works of art of a bygone age.

Rocky 4 contains the only known example of THREE consecutive training montages.
>>
>>66457703

Rocky III is the darkest of all the Rocky's. While it abandons the blue collar Rocky in favor of becoming GOAT, it has it's moments. Parts of his "IM AFRAID" speech are relatable. Or maybe I just hate niggers, idk
>>
>>66457826
What the actual fuck,

1 > 3 > 4 > Balboa > sriracha enema > 2 > 5

Creed isn't a Rocky movie, Creed is a Creed movie.
>>
>>66457893
Also.

>----HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULY-----
>>
>>66457904
Rocky III is where the series became irredeemable. At that point the entire conflict is reduced to a boxing match, and it's resolved by Rocky winning. It's just shallow compared to the first.
>>
>>66458007
It's actually about losing yourself and letting success ruin you. And it made sense for the 3rd movie but whatever
>>
>>66458007

Yeah, I totally agree that the series shifted tone. Still, you can't just do the same thing over and over again. Rocky 2 tried that and failed. It was either Rocky is the underdog for the third straight film or Rocky's career and legacy post-Apollo fights.
>>
V is cringe as fuck. Retardo Rocky, his faggy son, Tommy Gunn and the imitation Don King guy.

>"KICK, HIS ASS DAD! HE STOLE MY ROOM!"

>"Get up, you sunova bitch, cause Mickey loves you"
>>
>>66458007
>>66458039
>>66458057

Nope. Rocky was poor and hungry for the first two films and he succeeded. Now he is rich and pampered and Clubber Lang is the poor hungry fighter that wants it more.
>>
>>66458057
>Still, you can't just do the same thing over and over again. Rocky 2 tried that and failed.
My problem with Rocky II is that it's too different form the first. It would have been better if he lost there and ended the series on that note.
>>
>>66458060

>that shaky cam when jr says that line

was that kid autistic?
>>
>>66458146
Hey was a spoiled little 90s brat. Also Rocky's last punch barrage was taken straight out of a beat em' up video game.
>>
>>66457609
This
>>
>>66457454
Skip 5 watch the rest
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.