[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When your movie is so bad, the consensus itself takes a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: savage.png (250 KB, 755x347) Image search: [Google]
savage.png
250 KB, 755x347
>When your movie is so bad, the consensus itself takes a shit on you

Has there been a summary as savage as this one?
>>
I honestly don't understand what people were expecting from a movie with YugiOh robots from space

literally every criticism revolves around WE WUZ GODS
>>
I was going to watch it. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>66453622
You have a 52% chance of not liking it.
>>
>Watching Gods of Egypt is like willingly heating up a giant pot filled with diarrhea until it's as hot as liquid magma and then slowly dripping that stinky, scorching fecal juice into your eye sockets one drop at a time for two hours straight.

Jeez, how bad can it be?
>>
If everyone in the movie was black it would be hailed as a masterpiece of cinema
>>
>people actually think the racial politics are why this movie was panned

Because Michael B Jordan really helped Fantastic 4% be a big hit with the critics, right?

It got panned because everything about it looks like shit.
>>
>>66453692
it would still get bad reviews, but they would be less scathing in their wording.
>>
>>66453651
for a moment I thought you were faking it.
>>
>>66453651
I watched the Fantastic 4 movie last night and that sounds like the perfect summary for that.

No matter how bad Gods of Egypt may or may not be I don't think it could be possible to be as bad as F4
>>
I still can't believe Deadpool has an 83% critic rating and a 94% user rating.
>>
>>66453692
Also would of been the front runner for best picture at the oscars
>>
>written by the screenwriters of Dracula Untold and The Last Witchhunter

I don't understand how these hacks keep getting work. Who reads these boring ass scripts and says "now there's a move we need to put a hundred million dollars into".
>>
I thought it was good for what it was.
Like a buddy cop movie in ancient Egypt, doesnt take itself too serious and is fun
7/10
>>
>>66453981
I'm willing to bed there's some shady shit behind that, like the owner of the cgi company, the set company, the costume company, etc are all friends of the execs who greenlit this piece of shit
>>
Had more fun watching this than Deadpool.
Movie is a little slow to start, interest wise. Gets progressively better 1/3 in.
Seriously good world building and holds your attention all through out with nice subversions.
Lots of interesting story elements that make you wonder about the world and characters, plenty of potential for a sequel.

Don't believe the lies, this movie is severely underrated, especially compared to the capeshit that gets constant praise. I went in with very low expectations and disappointment because I wanted to see Zootopia instead. Came out exceptionally surprised.

4/5, buying bluray.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-28-13-01-12.jpg (564 KB, 1440x1034) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-28-13-01-12.jpg
564 KB, 1440x1034
>>66453692
>>66453863
>>66453967
You guys really have a weird idea of how critics assess movies.

Even audiences weren't as harsh on Race as most critics, which according to you mongoloids would've been untouchable.
>>
>>66454065
>>66454083
Are you guys legit or not because I dont have much money to waste

Is it at least campy and over the top? that's all I ask
>>
>>66454067
My guess is money laundering.
>>
It's not a deep movie, just go in expecting a pseudo scifi egyptian fantasy. It's an action adventure kind of thing, but focus more on the world and questions that remain unanswered.
>>
>>66453645
87% if you're not a pleb
>>
>>66454143
I haven't seen it, but a theme of the reviews I've read has been that it actually takes itself far too seriously and that most of the performances are dour and boring. A recurring word is "joyless". I trust them over some random anon.
>>
>>66454095
Did it show how Hitler was nice to the guy while the american president acted like a complete cunt about it ?
>>
>>66454242
He wasn't though.
>>
>>66454083
>sees another movie instead of leaving if the one he wants to see is sold out

wow.... so this is... the power of filmcucks
>>
>>66454179
>It's not a deep movie
Are you implying that that's why it's getting bad reviews? These are the same critics that gave Guardians of the Galaxy a 91%.
>>
>>66454273
Do you mean in the flick pr ?
>>
>>66454095
That little snippet there shows them right, they shit on the movie but praise the black actor because he's black and you can't say anything negative about them
>>
>>66454143
Its a cool fun adventure, just go in and have fun anon, no need to take it serious
Lots of great visuals, quite a few laughs, good worldbuilding and it holds your interest the whole way
>>
>>66454095
Lol this picture proves me right
>>
>>66454273
>"Hitler didn't snub me – it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."
>>
>>66454373
DUDE JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>66454398
Of course he didn't snub him, that cuck probably let Jesse fuck Eva while he sat in the corner.
>>
>>66454332

>the movie is bad but the lead performance was good

You mean something critics mention all the time in films whether they star black or white actors?
>>
>>66454405
Says the manchild who watched Redditpool with his normie friends
>>
>>66454492
nice buzzwords bro
>>
>>66454630
Doesn't make him wrong now, does it
>>
>>66454630
He's right though, Hitler didn't cheat on Eva but he sure as hell wanted her to sleep around.
>>
File: IAH0A.jpg (63 KB, 810x587) Image search: [Google]
IAH0A.jpg
63 KB, 810x587
>>66454737
>big H didn't cheat on Eva

You sure of that
>>
>>66454665
>>66454737
>he
>him
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>66454892
Does it trigger you ?

he him he him he him he him
>>
It's always the same thing with movies that look like garbage and end up being garbage. The only people who see them without it being their job are predisposed to liking shitty movies. The posts are basically interchangeable.

>just have fun
>turn off your brain
>lighten up
>>
These shitty movies are just money laundering like Blart.
>>
>>66453955
Well, average critic score was 6.9/10. I gave it 6/10 myself.
>>
>>66453559
I feel like these reviews are negatively inflated because WE WUZ KANEGZ
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.