[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Budget: $140 million >Box office: $13 million Why does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 800x1233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 800x1233
>Budget: $140 million
>Box office: $13 million

Why does Hollywood keep shitting out movies that everyone knows is going to bomb?

Remember /tv/ reaction to this poster being released?
>>
>>66448120
tax breaks?

isnt that why 47 ronin was made?
>>
is the movie called Horus or Gods of Egypy?
>>
>>66448138
Could it really be a tax break? These guys lost 127 million dollars, not counting marketing. Would a tax break make up for that?
>>
>>66448120
You know at least they fucking tried to make a movie that wasn't a sequel, remake, capeshit, novelshit etc. Something original. This bombing just reinforces that they will keep making derivative shit. This is nothing to celebrate.
>>
>>66448172
>implying mythology isn't the oldest kind of capeshit
>>
>>66448172
>mythology movie
>original

It was just another Clash/Wrath of the Titans style cash grab.
>>
>>66448172
So go see this piece of shit then so Hollywood blesses us with more of those great original productions.
>>
>>66448120
>Why does Hollywood keep shitting out movies that everyone knows is going to bomb?
Tax breaks and the plot of The Producers.
>>
>>66448172
Ah yes, they really stretched their creative muscle on this one to invent such original concepts as Ancient Egyptian Mythology.

The only original thing this movie could have done would be to cast some POC but they even decided to copy Exodus: Gods and Kings when it came to casting.
>>
>>66448172
>at least they fucking tried to make a movie that was complete dogshit

yeah that's so much preferable to the other flavors of dogshit we usually get
>>
>>66448360
They did cast Black Panther as their token black guy. And the director was born in Egypt.

So by Hollywood's standard, that's fine.
>>
>>66448172
Nobody tried on this movie trust
I saw a free early screening and it was honestly shit in the most boring way
You to this wanting to go see a fun adventure movie and you don't even get that
The battles fights and quest just all felt to arbitrary and shit
>>
>>66448374
>>66448360
>>66448261
>>66448204
>>66448201
Again you shitheads all this will do is reinforce the idea that people just want the same derivative garbage and that is all we are going to get now.
>>
>>66448120
So, Alex Proyas is finished?
>>
>>66448522
>I refuse to read what was written.

The movie you're defending is just as derivative as the movies you hate for being derivative.
>>
>>66448522
>support movies just for their false originality, don't mind that they're absolute shit
>>
>>66448120

I saw it its shit, I could have been watching Deadpool for the fourth time instead
>>
>>66448561
>his Paradise Lost movie gets fucking canned
>Gods of Egypt is a pile of flaming dogshit

PROYAS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>66448120
Tearjerker
>>
>>66448172
Fair point, and all this flop is going to do is make studios less likely to take a chance on something that isn't an established franchise.
>>
>>66448569
It's an original concept though. Today, they only give big budget original concepts to people like Nolan or whoever they know has the name recognition to turn a profit. Because of that creativity gets stifled. This movie from what I remember has a joint production budget from America and Australia so even there they struggled to find money. I bet this movie is shit. I don't support Hollywood because I don't support Jews but for the sake of argument this bombing hurts cinema as a whole. The problem with you children is you can't see the big picture.
>>
>>66448138
>While the film's production budget was $140 million, the parent company Lionsgate's financial exposure was less than $10 million due to tax incentives and pre-sales. The Australian government provided a tax credit for 46% of the film's budget.
>>
>>66448732
>The problem with you children is you can't see the big picture.

The problem is some of us unfortunately did. That picture happened to be really shitty.
It was only "original" in that it wasn't a sequel or an adaptation. Except it was an adaptation. Of Egyptian myth.
Does it suck that Gods of Egypt was a pile of Indian street shit? Obviously, for many reasons. That fact is it still sucked, and it deserved to fail because it sucked.
>>
File: sup guys.png (334 KB, 494x676) Image search: [Google]
sup guys.png
334 KB, 494x676
>>66448120
This fucking butterfly man will never not make me laugh.
>>
a loss of 130 million is worth getting the we was kings and shit message out.
>>
>>66449374
At least it looks like something Egyptian and kind of cool.
>>
>>66449434
Shut the fuck up, Cyclone.
>>
A lot of shitty movies also get made as package deals. In order for a studio to someone on board for project A, they have to agree to make project B as well even if project B is a complete stinker.
>>
yall niggas srs? we boicotted dat shit and prooved we have duh powa now crackazz. u gunna make movies wit niggaz now cuz now we kangs baby, just like we wuz.
>>
>>66449414
>getting the we was kings and shit message out
There's none of that in the movie
>>
>>66448360
>The only original thing this movie could have done would be to cast some POC
It's not like Murrica considers Middle Easterners POC
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 1280x960
Post rare bellas
>>
>>66448171

Sounds like you've never heard of the magic of hollywood accounting.

>>66449559

POC only means black when referenced.
>>
>>66448120
Jews have free infinite printing money desu senpai
>>
>>66449704
>Sounds like you've never heard of the magic of hollywood accounting.
I didn't realize it was this effective.
>>
WE WUZ KINGS
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.