[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would the castrate them, doesn't that fuck up the development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: Cc7wGUB.png (1 MB, 1575x886) Image search: [Google]
Cc7wGUB.png
1 MB, 1575x886
Why would the castrate them, doesn't that fuck up the development of boys, testosterone and shit. It would be OK if they were supposed to be generic servants and fuccbois, but they are supposed to be warriors.
>>
>>66440918
Because dany is a sjw and that's how she wants her soldiers
>>
This is the future you chose, lads.
>>
is that the guy from stargate
>>
>>66440918
Show sort of skips the part about the magic steroid juice they take
>>
>>66440918
>got thread
>reddit filename
every fucking time
also the answer is because GRRM is a shit writer, as everyone older than 18 can see
>>
In real life nobody would castrate them, as they would be weak as fuck. Do you want weak as fuck soldiers?
>>
Without our natural obsession to get girls and their juicy cunts, we can focus and do things ten times better. Sex slows our brains and distract us.

This doesn't work for art, though, because art is the inner desperate expression of that unfulfilled desire.
>>
>>66440967
She didn't castrate them you tard
>>
They dont need to be strong only disciplined. No man hormones makes them docile.
>>
>>66441032

Please elaborate, I don't read the books
>>
It's stated in the books that they are average warriors. Not any stronger or more skilled. They're valued because of their discipline and loyalty.
>>
Castrated after puberty. That way they've got the muscle mass. The whole "castrato" thing only works if you do it before puberty.
>>
Castration is hot AF if I'm being honest
>>
>>66441442
Oh, okay.

They take magic steroid juice
>>
>>66443377
Please elaborate, I don't read the books.
>>
>>66440967
The slavers of Astapor did that dummy, Danerys was shocked when she learned of the practice.
>>
>>66443780

She was only shocked cause it meant less dicks for her to ride.
>>
>>66443651

They take magic steroid juice
thats it
>>
>>66441100
>Misogynist detected
>>
>>66443841
#shlammed
>>
The arabs did that shit to their black slaves in real life.
And looking at America right now, I think it was the right move, even if it's cruel.
>>
>>66445768
yeah, animal cruelty is wrong.
>>
>>66445768
*A lot of cultures did that to their slaves

It was big to castrate the slaves that watch your hos. Or second class someone and make them even more replaceable. Soldier, not as common in history, usually done to grown men than children. I had done a paper on mutilation and torture and uh... wish I hadn't.
>>
>>66440918
This is actually a very good point. Although I think they castrated them after puberty.
>>
>>66443651
i'm not gonna look at the wiki or whatever but it's this weird thick drink that i think has crushed up maggots in it or something and it dulls their emotions as well as their pain. that's why when the one dude got his nipple cut off he didn't even flinch. it's not just because he's a super badass
>>
File: Sand_Snakes.png (928 KB, 672x695) Image search: [Google]
Sand_Snakes.png
928 KB, 672x695
>>66446314
nope, they are castrated when they are a child.

almost as stupid as women warriros.
>>
>>66440918
Do you even mameluk, kuffir?
>>
>>66446420
Post that one's tits when she was distracting Bronn
Best tits ever seen on TV imo
>>
>>66440918
>>66440918
cutting the balls of before puberty kinda makes boys grow more, look up castratti singers, they were slim and tal
>>
>>66446495
Muh dick
>>
>>66446495
Literally the only good part of the entire Dorne subplot
>>
>>66446607
wouldn't help with muscle growth though
>>
>>66446928
which is why they are depicted as slim.

Wiki says if castration is done after the onset of puberty that "Body strength and muscle mass can decrease somewhat." They aren't going to be world class body builders. But they can hold a spear and fight as a phalanx with no fear of death. It's pretty much enough.
Only in the late 20th century do you see roided out soldiers for most of history soldiers had a fairly slim build, tons of muscles are expensive to maintain from a food standpoint.
>>
File: wow great!.gif (3 MB, 256x420) Image search: [Google]
wow great!.gif
3 MB, 256x420
>>66446694
>>
I'm the only one with a castration fetish who masturbated to this?
>>
>>66447639
Yes
>>
>>66447639
reminds me of my childhood
>>
>>66445768
Pretty much all empires did this for harem/female guards because they didn't want anyone fucking pussy meant for royal dick.

However, Arabs never did this to any of the slave soldiers they had in their actual armies like the mamlukes, ghulams or janissaries.
>>
>>66446493
Mamluks didn't get castrated though?
>>
Taking away their balls pretty much makes them comparable to nu-males when they reach the point where they can fight.

They are nu-male feminists and Khaleesi is their beacon
>>
>>66440918
Their strength as an army isn't being physically hulking warriors, its from operating as a 100% fearless and disciplined unit that will never break and never quit fighting until dead.

As the Roman manlets proved against the Gaul chads, discipline > being big guys
>>
>>66443377
>66443377
>66
>44
>33
>77
>>
Narses, one of Emporer Justinian's top generals, was a eunuch.

And he wasn't a "directing the battle his tent" general, he was famous for leading from the front and was feared and respected by many barbarian tribes as a formidable soldier.

Also, I don't know if he counts as a soldier but Admiral Zhang He was a eunuch (and a Muslim) and one of his primary duties was combatibg piracy in the Indian Ocean.
>>
>>66448795
narses didnt fucking march 100 miles with a back pack either.

removing the testicles in soldiers is a incredibly bad idea. they get fat, slow and weak.
>>
>>66448161
Arabs/Turks castrated slaves using the Byzantine method, which took off the testicles and the penis. There was a high rate of infection and most died in the process. Its why eunuchs were only owned by the elite, they were pretty expensive.

Making an army of eunuchs would be costly and you'd have to figure x amount of them dying after castration. Not to mention peeing can be difficult, and its not something you'd want for an army on the march.
>>
>>66441442
Read the books, faggot.
>>
>>66449007
No thank you, I don't read shitty airport genre fiction
>>
>>66448949
exactly. its just a cool thing the author wanted to do. it doesnt make any sense actually doing to soldiers.
>>
File: got-iain-glen.jpg (341 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
got-iain-glen.jpg
341 KB, 800x598
>>66443841

savage
>>
File: p241247542-3.jpg (77 KB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
p241247542-3.jpg
77 KB, 332x450
>>66448899
Boston Corbett castrated himself with scissors before joining the Union's army, he was the guy who shot John Wilkes Booth. He was pretty crazy, but it shows a eunuch could easily be a soldier. I high doubt it'd be better than a normal male, but its not like you gain 100 pounds and your bones turn brittle a year after the operation.
>>
>>66441166
It has more to do with hormons than with sex in itself. Balls = testo = strength and aggressivity.

Castrating soldiers would just make an army of sissies.
>>
>>66449020
So you only watch the diluted version for reddit-tier retards?

Got it.
>>
>>66449210
The show is at least popular in the real world. If anything is reddit-tier it's the shitty books
>>
File: swncy.webm (3 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
swncy.webm
3 MB, 640x359
>>66447639
cranked it a dozen times to this
>>
Biological arguments aside, there's also the loyalty issue.

While some eunuch soldiers did exist, they were the minority. An entire army, or at least a significant portion of it, might not be motivated to fight for you after you cut all their balls off.

And unhappy soldiers tend to cause social cohesion issues.
>>
File: Sand_snakes.jpg (122 KB, 529x481) Image search: [Google]
Sand_snakes.jpg
122 KB, 529x481
>>66446420

Pic related is Sand Snakes in the book.

The blonde girl is >>66446694
>>
>>66449398

The Unsullied were cut when they were very young, though, and their whole training revolved around removing personal feelings and instilling absolute obedience toward those who command them.

It's one of the reasons Daenerys decided to nab them. Besides their prowess in battle, they're also very surgical about their commands. Tell them to attack a town and kill every man, while sparing every woman and child from any harm whatsoever and they'd do it, as opposed to normal men who'd kill and rape with abandon, if they could get away with it.
>>
>>66449698
But the Unsullied are also characters in a fictional story, in real life it wouldn't be a good idea physically or strategically to have a eunuch army. Which is why eunuch soldiers are not commonly found in history.
>>
>>66449881

Maybe, but the loyalty issue is still answered in that they're basically human robots.

Plus, their strength lies in their absolute discipline (forming formations and following through strategies to the minute detail) and their phalanx formations.
>>
>>66450164

Also, it's mentioned that the only reason the Unsullied aren't pudgy bags of flab is that they're constantly in motion, training, fighting, etc.

Some Unsullied are seen serving as household guards and they're all fat.
>>
>>66446694

She might have bad pussy, but her tits are top notch
>>
>>66449398
Loyalty wouldn't be an issue. It was basically beaten into them to the point were a Master could cut off the soldiers nipple without him flinching. At that point it wouldn't matter if he lost his balls.

The real reason we never saw a eunuch army was because eunuchs were expensive to make, in that if you are a slaver you probably can't afford to make that many since most of them will die do to infection. And it wasn't worth the price. However in a magical fantasy world, who knows. Or maybe in a place known as Slavers Bay in a culture build on slavery and an apparent limitless supply of them in the Summer Isles, maybe they either knew how to prevent infection, or maybe they didn't care and it was easy to get more.
>>
>>66450301
That and being castrated after puberty still allows you to build muscle mass. Being castrated before puberty would mean having the body of a large 8 year old boy.
Look at the eunuchs in modern-day India. They basically have the body of the Unsullied, less muscle but that's because they don't really work out.
>>
>>66440918
Doesnt their castration involve just cock, not balls?
>>
>>66451306
That was Reek senpai
>>
>>66449210
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>66449210
The TV version does a great job salvaging a terrible trashy series of books.
>>
>>66446420
Women warriors isnt too far fetched. The soldier of the day required mostly stamina and coordination, you know, for rank and file.

Sure, female duelers is dumb. But GoT is bizarre obsessed with holding warriors, strategists, leaders and fighters to be equivalent and interchangeable roles.
>>
>>66451400
Because it's one american neckbeard's masterbation fantasies over what he wishes the middle ages were like.
>>
>>66451093
No, loyalty would still be an issue eventually.

Look at the Turkish Janissaries, they were trained and indoctrinated as young boys, forbidden from having families, made to swear allegiance to the Empire, etc. but that system broke down because the Janissaries realized that they outnumbered their leaders and eventually were like "No, fuck this shit" and became a major political force.

You can't actually brainwash the self-interest out of people. Especially people who are trained to be aggressive.
>>
>>66449210
The more she drank
>>
>>66446420
BAD PUSSY DABID
*choreographs poorly*
>>
>>66440918
They specifically talk about this in the book. They believe discipline is more important than strength.
>>
>>66451566
That took a long ass time hundreds of years. And by the time of the revolt Jannissaries weren't really slave soldiers anymore. When the revolt happened the Jannissaries were hereditary and were influential government/civilian figures.

But when the Jannissaries were just slave soldiers, with no families or anything, they were the best soldiers in the Ottoman Empire, and maybe all of Europe.

The Mamluks are another case of Slave soldiers being very effective. The Mamluks did found a dynasty in Egypt, so I guess you could point to the loyalty issue. I'm not too familiar with them, but I think the problem was they were slaves but were treated like citizens. Not really like the Unsullied.

In any case, Unsullied are castrated they can't found a dynasty or reproduce creating a caste/class/ethnic group. And they fight in foreign wars and except for Danny, serve no political or governmental position.
>>
>>66451864
Honestly, in phalanx-style warfare, strength wouldn't matter as much as discipline.
Sort of how Roman manlets were able to beat the larger Celtic and Germanic peoples.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.