[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New "X-Files"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: the-x-files.jpg (219 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
the-x-files.jpg
219 KB, 612x380
I have many gripes with this so far, chiefly that the atmosphere feels nothing like the original run, there's none of the original charm, they go way overboard with the modern references and Ford advertisement, and it looks and plays out like any other piece of shit network TV show on right now.

The Trashman episode was damn solid though, and Founder's Mutation was okay, however:
>muh meta self aware lizard man switcharoo XD
>muh terrist god is real trumpets in the sky passing of the torch to Jew Scully and genero-Mulder
>muh ultimate conspiracy within a conspiracy swiss cheese logic bullshit alien DNA

Fight me.
>>
>>66223022
i hate how gillian anderson only talks in a whisper now for some reason, like she did in hannibal
>>
>>66223048
All women do that in drama tv shows these days for some reason.
>>
I think Carter and who ever is left of the writing crew have finally run out of ideas for new episodes
>>
>>66223048
That too. God damn.

>>66223106
They've had so long that to see what they've shit out is incredibly saddening. inb4 the inevitable spinoff with Agent Einstein and whatever that other guy's name was.
>>
The timeline makes no sense

Didn't scully give up william in season 9?

How was she with him as a pre teen?

He would've been in IWTB if that were the case.

this is such a retarded thing to retconn.
>>
>>66223048

Probably picked it up from The Fall. In that it really is infuriating.
>>
>>66224560
She was imagining how could it be if she didnt give him up you fucking idiot.
>>
>>66223167
You're kidding right. Those two have the chemistry and charisma of the sole of a shoe.
>>
>>66224618
i will fight you nigga.

what a waste of valuable screentime.
>>
>>66224632
I can't believe people like einstein.
Easily the worst part of SFU too.
>>
>>66224637
>x-files
>valuable screentime

kek.
But yeah, it would make more sense if they changed formula to 6-episode miniserie with one plot, its too short to pass this arc in the 6 episode MotW format/
>>
>>66224706
Maybe they should compromise and do 12?
24 is too much for a 45min Scifi drama and 6 is too little to tell the types of storys they want too WITH good character development.
>>
>>66223048
>>66223083
Have you ever been in front of a real woman before? That's how they usually talk and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>66224814
Scully has a distinct voice so when somethings off its more noticable.

To me it just sounds raspier.
>>
>>66223022
>>muh meta self aware lizard man switcharoo XD
Confirmed for never have watched x-file while it was airing. They are self-aware in like 20%-30% of the episodes.
>>
File: the_x_files_new_s01_still.jpg (53 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
the_x_files_new_s01_still.jpg
53 KB, 768x433
We finally did it Scully, we are the X-files.

Jesus fucking christ, really?
>>
>>66224886
ayyyy

so who had the more successful post xfiles career?
>>
Scully definately feels like a downer now, always somber and serious. She had a lot more energy and charm in the original series and its noticeable. The lizard and trashman episodes were great, top tier maybe. Muslim one was boring, didnt feel like x files at all. The rest were nothing special. Conspiracy-ception isnt very interesting though
>>
>>66224913
Well I mean, both of them are still living off the success of the X-files and neither really did anything special after the original run

>>66224967
Mulder and Scully were both flanderized pretty hard tbqh
>>
>>66224967
I think thats the writers fault not gillians.

Her consists of being a depressed workaholic now and Mulders is taking mushrooms and square dancing.
>>
>>66225054
her character*
>>
>>66225007
I wonder why they didnt get bigger.
I'm glad gillian did bbc dramas tho
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1916x1076
the latest episode shows that the show is running out of ideas for MOTW

>no hivemind induced terror plot
>no high level conspiracy that could have made good use of cancer man or the lone gunmen
>no bizarre spooky death

it's a terrible sendoff episode if they ever plan on bringing back the series with discount Scully and Mulder
>>
>>66225106
It's not like they ever had to work again after X-files if they didn't really want, both were set for life on cash. Neither were incredible actors ever, though Gillian was probably always better than David but, they are The X-files™ and we love them anyways
>>
>>66225150
They should bring in some new writers,or let darrin morgan and james wong write more eps.

>pls come back vince
>>
>>66225169
True.Its just weird,i wonder if DD ever regrets quiting xfiles to become a bigger actor,I wonder how many more seasons TXF would have lasted if he stayed too.
>>
File: nah-montana-header.jpg (89 KB, 702x536) Image search: [Google]
nah-montana-header.jpg
89 KB, 702x536
>>66225188
If they don't get Vince back for at least 1 original episode if they do another season, I'd be pretty surprised. You gotta think the guys had to of gotten a few ideas over all these years for some good episodes
>>
>>66225263
Yeah,I'd love it if bob odenkirk guest starred too.
>>
File: Rocky_400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Rocky_400x400.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>66223022
jesus fuck, did they cast rocky dennis to play skully?
>>
>>66225550
UPVOTED
>>
It does feel like X-Files to me. 9th season X-Files, when the show went to total shit.

There's some good stuff in there, but there's too much winking at the audience.
>>
>>66224637
>can't figure out basic shit
>valuable screentime

nigga please
>>
>>66225617
>there's too much winking at the audience
that's Season 7 you memer
>le magic genie episode
>le meta Hollywood episode
>le COPS episode
>le vidya episode
>le magic man episode
>le Kathy Griffin episode
>le crossover episode
>>
>>66225653
>basic shit

when did they outright say they were imagining it? they were presented just like flashbacks.

iirc scully said "i keep wondering what our life could be like if we kept him"

but idk,thats why i brought the timeline thing.
>>
>>66225909
Also when i was reading an article about this people were talking about mulders dreams(?) with william as if they were real.

Like why are mulders all fun "memories" and why are scullys all about her taking care of him.As if these were real things that happened.
>>
>>66223022
That's cause you are underage
The show is pretty good it's 100% like the original
>>
File: he added captcha.jpg (266 KB, 1365x1537) Image search: [Google]
he added captcha.jpg
266 KB, 1365x1537
>>66223022
>muh meta self aware lizard man switcharoo XD
This is how I know you're a fucking pleb.
>>
i really enjoyed the mulder fake mushroom trip on the boat with the hooded figures. was a dope ass scene.
>>
>>66227693
that was the only part i liked and it didnt fit the show tonally at all.

They can expierment all they want though as long as miller & einstein leave nexr ep
>>
>>66225007
Californication got 7 seasons, and iirc only referenced the X-Files in one episode.

And Gillian Anderson has been a recurring actor in a bunch different of shows since the X-Files.

They are both doing fine.
>>
>>66227917
what was the refference?
im still angry she never guest starred on californication.
>>
>>66227942
Right before Hank goes on trial for statutory rape, he said that he looks like a FBI-agent when he puts on his suit.
>>
>>66227975
lame.

Should've had GA guest star as a rival writer or some shit.Even skinner wouldve been funny.im sure he was trying to seperate himself from the show at that point tho.
>>
I stopped watching the original X-Files when Scully became preggo with an ayy lmao after her abduction or something like that.... the show became so pathetic it was a caircature of itself...

I haven't watched this new shit yet but how is it explained that she was preggo with an alien? Government stole the ayy lmao from her?

What a fucking idiotic writing. X Files was so good and mysterious at the beginning with those semi believeable cases, the smoking man, etc. but they had to ruin it all going overboard exagerating with ayy lmao preggo

So many shows are ruined by this, X files was already ruined in the 90s there's no way to reboot it

I'm waiting for Twin Peaks I'm not even going to watch this trash
>>
>>66225169
Gillian Anderson is a good actor, but yeah Duchovny has always just played himself. Still, I couldn't see anyone else playing Mulder.
>>
>>66228261
>AYY LMAO AYY LMAO AYY LMAO
Can you just speak like a normal fucking human being for once in your life?
>>
>>66228440
X-shit fan butthurt... hurts to hear the truth about your shitty ayy lmao show doesn't it
>>
>>66228535
No I would rather you speak articulately instead of speaking like a petulant child who just discovered their funny alien meme on 9gag.
>>
>>66223022
I seriously hate you

The only difference is that they are older and it's not filmed on super grainy 90s digital crap o vision cameras
>>
>>66224814
No woman here has a constant dramatic whisper to her voice. Scully's voice sounds ridiculous and unnatural in this series.
>>
>>66228674
I hope you mean this season and it doesnt sound lower it sounds raspier,probably because she smokes irl
>>
>>66224560
>The timeline makes no sense

the invasion was supposed to happen in 2012 by the series mythos. nothing makes sense right now
>>
>>66223022
It has nothing to do with the original. But they do use the x-files as a vessel to plant new ideas and thoughts. Almost every episode is highly enjoyable. There is a lot of action and nice theories in this series. It's gonna be a cult classic.
>>
At least the revival hasn't dragged Krycek and X thru the mud

CSM doesn't look like he'll be so lucky
>>
>>66229944
Seriously, when are they going to explain this shit
>>
>>66223022
Agreed, it's like Heroes Reborn, completely unnecessary.
>>
>>66230394
>completely unnecessary
No,its just poorly done.
>>
>>66223022
You almost got through your post without squirting out rancid shit, Op. A little more work and you'll be able to type without "Muh" and greentext.

The next X-files is such a...well, "comfy" show. Hopefully the six issue run will do well enough that they do a full season or so.
>>
>>66230567
obviously didn't watch the original series. comfyness doesn't even compare.

op is right. the new run has none of the charm or atmosphere the original had. and the whole thing is a setup for the new agents, which wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't cast the blandest white man alive.
>>
>>66231244
I watched the entire original run. The characters in the new one are still extremely comfortable in their roles, especially in the werehuman episode. The banter is fun, too.
>>
>>66223022
I think the atmosphere is spot on. Feels like x-files.
>>
>a new season in a series that has been dead for over a decade doesn't feel like the original
Wow, who could've guessed.
When will you cucks learn?
>>
>>66225106
>I wonder why they didnt get bigger.
>I'm glad gillian did bbc dramas tho
They both had great careers for their level of talent. They could have never done the xfiles and still be plenty well off, if not nearly as loaded.

To be honest neither had the acting chops to go really big. I like David but he is quite frankly pretty damn lucky to be so rich with such mediocre acting talents. Gillian could actually act - not top tier - but a reliable enough character actor and that's essentially what she does now.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.