[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watch RLM's content for years >Love it and think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 919x720
>Watch RLM's content for years
>Love it and think all the jokes about Rich Evans are hilarious
>Start watching Pre-Rec and the Twitch streams
>Quickly realize that Rich is an idiot and a loser
Anybody else have this experience? Rich has been completely ruined for me.
>>
>>65134255
rich is and idiot. he talks a bout sonic like it is a bad gane bcuz you it takes skill and memorising the levels to play. it is not a pick up and push one button game like mario. it is not a phone game. it is more hard core then that and they do not under stand that bcuz they are fucking old men that sre dumb and only like boring space ship games were you build houses and feed people and stuff
>>
>>65134255
Same. It also made me hate AIDSmoby even more.
>>
Their twitch stream shows you why rich is always the but of the jokes, he's a total moron and that's the only thing he's good for

AIDS moby on the other hand gives you a clearer understanding why everyone already hates him, I was watching their stream and they were talking about the Washington redskins and jay went on a rand about it being racial slur.... Then he said "what if they are the jewskins" so I said "what about retardskins" and he literally banned meROFL, he's was in the middle of a game and paused it and said "wait I have to do something" sure enough it was to ban me lmao
>>
>>65136218
We not jay Jack sorry
>>
>>65136218
Of course Jay would say "what if it was jewskin?"
>>
File: autism speaks.gif (391 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.gif
391 KB, 250x189
>>65134912
>>
>took 6 hours before they learned how to spin dash
>>
>>65134255

I came to the exact same realization. I thought Rich was the shit and one of the best parts of RLM, but twitch showed me he's just a typical dork who spends all of his time on Steam.
>>
>>65134255

What gave you the impression Rich wasn't an idiot and a loser?
>>
I like Rich and Pre-Rec. It's comfy and better than 90% of youtube shows.
>>
>>65136463
Not OP, but the difference between Rich on BotW and PreRec is almost night and day. Might just be editing in the former, but hearing him ramble on nonsensically while Jack laughs like he's listening to Pryor is extremely painful.
>>
Mike was right to keep Rich's appearances limited at first.

Once the Patreon scamming started though Mike had to make up for missing content so he unleased the full horror of Rich Evans and Jack Packard upon us.

Ultimately the buck stops with Mike so he's to blame for his idiot son Rich taking center stage at RLM.
>>
>>65134912
kek
>>
>>65134255
I stopped mostly because they were just awful as entertainment. But I understand what you're saying Rich Evans is not great when he isn't edited down. And holy fuck just when AIDSmoby was turning it around he revealed himself to be more obnoxious than anyone could have possibly predicted.
>>
I stopped watching pre-rec completely because i hate AIDS and rich after hearing their pleb opinions on things.
literally the worst taste in movie/video games
I can't take anymore of Jack's desperate attempts to fill airtime with nonsense singing and fake laughing.
>>
rich may not be perfect but he's 10x better than aidsmoby and 100x better than anyone who has ever watched more than one pre rec stream.
>>
File: `1127477645321.jpg (23 KB, 446x380) Image search: [Google]
`1127477645321.jpg
23 KB, 446x380
>Watching Pre-Req

Why would you do this to yourself?

You might as well watch a show where Jeffree Star and Paris Hilton analyse NBA games.

Pre-Req is just a cash in segment, to draw in more views now that normies pretend to like videogames.

RLM people are good at one thing, and that's discussing movies.
>>
Rich is easily my favourite person on RLM besides Mike. Any video with Mike and Rich together by themselves is fucking awesome.

If you see this post Rich, know you have at least ONE fan.
>>
>>65139093
the shadow of rome one was good but the rest are shit
>>
>>65139143
Mike has propped Rich up in every way. Through his writing or editing, Mike makes Rich seem funny.

he's a pretty big fedora tipper otherwise
>>
>>65139093

Can you tell me what you mean by pleb opinions? I've never bothered watching but I generally like Aidsmoby on BotW. What's so bad about his vidya taste?
>>
>>65139212
>muh indie
>muh pixel art
>muh rougue-like
>hates cutscenes
>skips tutorials, plays clueless
>plays FPS with a controller
>favorite game is TF2

those are a few of the top of my head, not mentioning his abhorrent film taste or ridiculous SJW tenancies
>>
>>65134255
Rich is a trick monkey fraud. Aside from forcing fake laughter and falling down and going boom he really doesn't offer much insight or humor to the group.
>>
>>65139347
Every group needs a butt. Jay is generally the straight-man like rich is the... rich.
>>
>>65136218
I got banned for spamming 'DO YOU REALLY HAVE AIDS" about 30-40 times. It took them a while to ban me.

Doesn't matter because Pre-Rec is shit, Jack is shit and Rich is shit unless he's doing something stupid.
>>
>>65139212
He likes what plebs like.
>>
Kind of just overtime yeah. I might be mistaken but it seems to me like he laughs more, and more exaggerated when he does. It makes me think they knew a lot of the fans like it when he does, so they get him to do it more and more.

Time was, Rich naturally bursting out laughing once in an entire video was a high point for me. Now he laughs every minute and it's just grating and I want to stop watching.

>NYAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>>
I turned on Rich when he spent 30 minutes whining about how Alien:Isolation was too long, hard and tedious. Suck a dick, bitch nigga.
>>
>>65134255
That's a spotted cow he's drinking. Wisconsin beer FTW
>>
>>65139600
New Glarus "Spotted Cow"
Look it up.
>>
Not even a gamer anymore, but I fucking love how they trigger all you gaming casuals kek.
>>
File: 1452947400880.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452947400880.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>65139627
>kek.
>>
I'm steam friends with Rich, and used to banter with him every once in a while when I'd see him on at 4 in the morning, but after a while I realized he really didn't appreciate it and wasn't playing along.

Now whenever I see him come online he goes offline like 2 seconds later, he changes his friend status to appear offline to avoid people messaging him I think. I know this because steam will say something like "Last Online, 3 days ago" but his game activity will say "last played CURRENT DATE".
>>
>>65139949
I'm friends with them both and Steam and all I get from it is a weird elation from knowing what a mildly famous person is doing at this very instant. It's usually playing some shit indie game.
>>
>>65139627
Ya seriously. Not saying that pre-rec isn't shit, but who gives af about video games anyways. Grow up faggots.
>>
>>65140045
Ya seriously. Not saying that Half in the Bag isn't shit, but who gives af about movies anyways. Grow up faggots.
>>
File: 1452925509853.jpg (60 KB, 455x478) Image search: [Google]
1452925509853.jpg
60 KB, 455x478
>>65140045
>af
>>
File: 1448335988455.png (309 KB, 577x555) Image search: [Google]
1448335988455.png
309 KB, 577x555
>>65140367
>not using nigspeak, aka memespeak
>>
>>65140352
>>65140367
Manchildren alert
>>
>>65140367
>>65140400
Ya seriously. Not saying that manchildren aren't shit, but who gives af about niggerspeech anyways. Grow up faggots.
>>
I unsubscribed after the TFA review.

There's no way to prove it, but I think it was a paid review.
>>
>>65139300
And here's the thing about Rich
>muh 90s
>muh doom
>muh x-com
>must watch every cutscene even in stream
>meticulously boring
>never stops bitching when he has to use a controller
>is a fat, balding nerd that loves to call anyone else a nerd for knowing about a video game he doesn't

You'd think they'd balance each other out but it's just fucking terrible. Jack is too stupid to have as many strong as opinions as he does while Rich is constantly calling kettles black.

Pre-Rec was a mistake.
>>
File: mike n rich.png (1 MB, 1133x610) Image search: [Google]
mike n rich.png
1 MB, 1133x610
>>65140925
>conspiracy theorist
>literally the kind of person they made fun of in the video
>>
>>65141673
>pre-rec was a mistake

i agree, but tell that to the their dick-riding subscribers. christ, what a fucking cult
>>
>>65141704
What's so hard to believe? They have a very large star wars fan audience on the internet, they're big reviewers for star wars on youtube...

You own Disney and throw a billion into a production and don't throw a little at a revewier? That's just poor budgeting and marketing.
>>
>>65141704
We have the documents you illuminst shill.
>>
File: laughinganimegirl.gif (357 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
laughinganimegirl.gif
357 KB, 500x282
>>65141704
>he thinks they'd admit to being paid
Why would they make a joke about it if they actually enjoyed the movie? They've given plenty of positive reviews to movies shittier than TFA.
>>
>gamers mad that Rich doesn't know or care that much about video games
Second only to comics in terms of medium with the worst fanbase
>>
>>65141768
Shut it down.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Art-02.jpg (56 KB, 440x394) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Art-02.jpg
56 KB, 440x394
>ITT: mad anons because their shitty games got rightfully trashed on pre-rec
>>
>>65141768
>hurr I think it's possible because I hate disney and didn't agree with rlm about tfa, therefore it happened
Conspiracies go on /x/ faggot.
What's hard to believe is that it happened. If you think Mike was payed off, you'd have to also think people with more influence than RLM were paid off. How many reviews are you saying Disney bought just because they're a big evil corporation with lots of evil money?

You're saying this multifaceted conspiracy is more likely to you than Mike liking TFA. That's rediculous.
>>
>>65141845

>Second only to comics in terms of medium with the worst fanbase

I'd say "gamers" are worse, because at least comic fans keep to themselves generally.
>>
File: 1453014431747.jpg (18 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
1453014431747.jpg
18 KB, 700x472
I liked them before they got all /pol/ and reddit-y with their mocking of Christanity and anti-shaming stuff. All of them seem like arrogant atheists
>>
>>65141903
>arrogant
because they embody the smug, detached gen-x ethos, that's why
>>
>>65141903

>All of them seem like arrogant atheists

Modern organized religion is a joke, and should be treated as such.
>>
>>65141817
kek

>>65141833
>putting words in my mouth
>hurr they made a joke about my insane conspiracy theory, therefore that conspiracy theory is true
If they've given plenty of positive reviews to movies shittier than TFA, how does that show their positive TFA review must be paid for? Are you that fucking stupid?
>>
>>65141879
Small businesses literally buy yelp reviews via craiglist. If you think Disney and other studios aren't fudging reviews you're genuinely fucking retarded.
>>
>>65141879
>How many reviews are you saying Disney bought just because they're a big evil corporation with lots of evil money?

why are you acting like this doesn't happen or one of the biggest production companies in the world does not do it

do you think they just let things happen? what do you think PR is?

your thought process is... rediculous
>>
>>65141914
This.
>>
>>65141915
Okay so that's their and your opinion but I disagree with it and why should I like them if they make content that explicity is at odds with my belief system
>>
>>65141943
>if you don't believe my story without evidence you're retarded
Found the retard. You believe it because you want to, for whatever reason. You have no evidence so it must be based on a desire to believe.

>>65141966
>PR is buying off RLM for a star wars review
How fucking clueless do you have to be to actually think this? But the real question is what kind of world view are you trying to support by believing something without evidence? Is it just the 'big evil corporation' narrative? Did you hate TFA so much you need this big story to explain why your precious RLM liked it?

Let's just say I'm skeptical of the claim and you niggers have zero evidence.
>>
>>65141921
>how does that show their positive TFA review must be paid for?
I didn't say or imply it you double nigger faggot.
>>
>>65141943
>>65141966

If reviews are so fucking easy to buy, then why would are most movies trashed by the critics? Stop with the conspiracy bullshit. I'm sure it happens, but it's asinine thinking that every fucking review is paid. You're creating boogeymen where there there's highly likely not one. Stop.
>>
>>65142040
Then what the fuck is the point of your post?
Smug nonsense?
>>
>>65142008

>and why should I like them if they make content that explicity is at odds with my belief system

Then don't like them, nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>65142055
>Smug nonsense?
What the fuck do you expect from an RLM thread?
>>
>>65142051

most movies arent trashed

a journalist can't get away with positive reviews every time

i think you're fucking retarded though so im not gonna keep educating you on the free market

do you think its illegal to accept money for a positive review? answer yes or no and we can end this discussion now
>>
>tfw just watched Space Cop today
The first half was pretty damn funny but the last 40 minutes drags on like crazy, Mike was surprisingly unfunny in it.
>>
File: fedoratip.gif (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
fedoratip.gif
3 MB, 512x288
>>65142087
>answer yes or no and we can end this discussion now
your reddit is showing
>>
>>65142087

>do you think its illegal to accept money for a positive review? answer yes or no and we can end this discussion now

I don't give a flying fuck. Give me hard evidence that their TFA review was "paid" or STFU.
>>
File: Drunk nazi.png (379 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
Drunk nazi.png
379 KB, 502x460
>>65134255
Not just an idiot and a loser, but a fucking piece of shit human being too.

>Before pre-rec
>Didn't like aids moby and thought Rich was pretty funny

>After pre-rec
>Aids moby is an alright guy, if a little too left centered. Rich is just an irredeemable miserable person who hates everything. How does he even have friends?

The best example is if you go back to one of their past live streams (can't remember which one, but was quite recent) they are talking about giving away shit on Twitch. Rich explains that "only the people who subscribe and give us money should be eligible to receive any prizes".

Jack steps in and tells Rich that it's against Twitch's ToS, and they'll have to let anybody who enters the competition the chance to win a prize, subscriber or no.

>Rich then throws a massive tantrum saying "fuck it, I don't want this competition to happen then. People who don't pay us shouldn't be allowed to be eligible for a prize. Fuck them"
>>
>>65142126
>>65142121

Man autism is so weird. Why do you guys give a shit that someone gets paid off for a review? It's not like you're fucking married to them.

Take a tendie and calm down.
>>
aids moby is dumb and the worst rlm
>>
>>65142088
so why didnt you upload it yet?
>>
File: fruit.png (523 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
fruit.png
523 KB, 722x525
>>65142145
>tendie
>>
>>65142161
It's my friend's copy, also not much of a piratefag anymore.
>>
Ways to make the RLMs flip their shit:
>tfa was a paid review
>ironically bad
>jewelry
>>
>>65134255
He plays himself in RLM, pre-rec and twitch is just him without pre-planned jokes.
>>
File: 1424388130328.png (647 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1424388130328.png
647 KB, 618x618
>Tfw that Pre-Rec episode where Jack brings up the thing about Mike tipping the booze on Rich on that episode of Best of the Worst
>Rich legitimately gets angry and says how Mike is a piece of shit and took it too far
>That awkward silence after the fact has been stated that Rich just insulted the man keeping food on his plate

I'm starting to realize that Rich actually thinks he's some kind of accomplished actor or something. That having a small amount of booze spilled on you in a joke skit is somehow beneath him.

>He even goes on to rant about how that was his "nice clothing, I didn't want to go home smelling like booze after"

That was a $10 shirt and old tight jeans. The guy must be on food stamps or something.
>>
>that Pre-Rec episode
post links
>>
>>65142198
link
>>
>>65142198
need a link now
>>
>>65142239
>>65142253
Looking through their streams now, give me a few minutes. It's worth it.
>>
Mike and Jay are the only real RLM guys. I don't watch any of the other fags.
>>
>>65142126
look at all that cool star wars swag they got
>>
>>65142198
It was from months ago because i remember this and i haven't caught a stream in a long while
>>
>>65142198
>Rich legitimately gets angry
If you think any of them legitimately ever gets actually angry at anything you have full blown autism.
>>
>jack talks very low it's almost impossible to hear him
>turn up volume
>RICH EXTREME HIGH PITCH LAUGHING
>turn down volume
>jack talks again
>>
>>65142239
>>65142253

https://youtu.be/wkJkmmJrsqc?list=PL3tjh_BCNnQ-57raO0cZRirG-lRveEypL&t=2054

Enjoy.
>>
RLM used to be good but since about their patreon they've become lazier and less funny. Still my main issue is the fanbase you see in the youtube comments that is so fucking obnoxious it makes me want to stop watching their videos compeletely. LOL DUDE HACK FRAUDS. LMAO ITS POETRY.
>>
>>65142418
thanks senpai
>>
>>65142419
>repeating stale memes is obnoxious
how is this different from any other fanbase on the internet?
>>
>>65142339
>moby didnt get angry and end the stream when rich went on a fat idiot rant about how using the word retarded is fine
>>
Mike admitted that he puts Rich in things because Rich is a buffoon. It doesn't make him any less likable.
>>
>>65142459
RLM fails to produce any new memes.
>>
>>65142418
When does he say it?
>>
>>65142339
It's on Pre-Rec though, they aren't in character or anything. Rich is just a miserable piece of shit who can't take a joke.
>>
>>65142477
but calling jay susan is cant-miss hilarious
>>
>>65142418
I've been watching for like 5 minutes and he doesn't say anything
>>
>>65142128

I hope he was joking, but if that happened and he meant it, then fuck him.
>>
>>65142518
Don't expect anything to happen. People around here are seriously shut-in aspie autistic as fuck. They have no idea of how actual human relations work. A lot of these posters probably had to go to special schools for autistic children.
>>
i think rich is great. hes humble and pretty funny. most people here probably hate him because they see their own insecurities reflected back.
>>
>>65142659
>humble
>funny

he's neither of those things
>>
File: 1428513023914.jpg (34 KB, 442x798) Image search: [Google]
1428513023914.jpg
34 KB, 442x798
>>65142659
>hes humble
>>
>>65142659
I don't hate him, I just think he can be a huge whiny baby faggot who isn't funny on his own sometimes.
>>
>>65142518
Did you honestly believe what that retard autist posted?
>>
>>65142418
He says it at 32:00. There was no rant, and most of it came from aidsMoby, not Rich. All he said was "Yeah, that was a little bit annoying."

You fucking autists make a federal case out of the most innocuous stuff
>>
Watching them play the simplest video games, I think they might be at very least mildly retarded.

If the game tells you to press X to open a grate and you subsequently take 20 minutes to figure out that you're supposed to press X to open a grate, there's something wrong with you.

They did a video about how on screen prompts are bad right afterwards too. Idiots.
>>
File: 1452399396435.jpg (153 KB, 1023x932) Image search: [Google]
1452399396435.jpg
153 KB, 1023x932
>>65142920
>You fucking autists make a federal case out of the most innocuous stuff

where do you think you are?
>>
>>65134912
You don't have to memorize it. You just have to have quick reactions. They don't. They sucked, so they cried about the game. That's their problem. It's always the games fault for not being the way they like it. That said, they are right a lot of the time.

>>65136218
Rich seems intelligent, but he's stuck in the world of his youth. He's literally a fedora and I find that sad.

I feel sorry for Jack's children, and that's all I really have to say about him.
>>
>Taking money from Disney
>Being respectable reviewers

PICK ONE AND ONLY ONE.
>>
>>65141673
>never stops bitching when he has to use a controller
>is a fat, balding nerd that loves to call anyone else a nerd for knowing about a video game he doesn't
It's great. When he plays X-Com, it's great.
>>
>>65142088
Sounds like Feeding Frenzy.
>>
>>65142128
I remember that. I sort of agree. Subscripers are the only ones who invest and care for the show, why give free shit to the freeloaders? Makes sense to me.
>>
>>65142988
>>65142979
I've noticed this with most YouTubers though, it's not a strictly RLM thing. Why are people who are terrible at games seem to be the only ones who make videos about them?
>>
>>65141879
Nigga you serious? I don't even hate Disney or anything but to say they didn't pay for good reviews in youtube it's retarded.
Every fucking youtuber uploaded a video about star wars in december; the site was saturated by SW,even that fat fuck jontron got paid by Disney to write an entire series about bad SW games only to promote TFA.
And I say this as someone that considers SW, as uninspired and derivative of a flick as it is, one of the best "nostalgia-sequels" (i.e. jurassic world, jem and the holograms, etc) ever produced.
Disney marketed the thing very well, thats why such a generic film got to be the third highest grossing film ever.
>>
>>65139300
>muh indie
ok
>muh pixel art
eeh
>muh rougue-like
fine
>hates cutscenes
shit
>skips tutorials, plays clueless
jesus christ this annoys the fuck out of me. this is why I can't understand anyone watching game grumps or other letsplayers who can't seem to read
>plays FPS with a controller
ok if playing against console, on pc is stupid
>favorite game is TF2
eeeeh
>>
>>65143354
>ok if playing against console, on pc is stupid

He uses a controller to play TF2 on a Mac.
>>
why does Mike bully Rich so much ;_;

>that time at a con when Mike jokingly told a nerd girl that Rich Evans was interested in her and then showed a pic of Rich with accompanying pig noises, implying no woman would want him
>>
>>65143425
>that time Mike pierced Rich's nutsack with his stiletto heel and called him worthless midwest scum
>>
>>65143397
Didn't he try to play Counter Strike with a controller lol
>>
>>65143447
>that time Rich had a nervous breakdown in the monkey suit and Mike just laughed about it
>>
>>65143303
You're an idiot. The reason every reviewer made multiple Star Wars videos is because people were hyped, and therefore those videos got tons of views, which ended up meaning more ad revenue for those reviewers. This is viral marketing 101. The notion that Disney would fucking PAY people to give a positive review to a movie that everyone was going to see anyways while forgoing the same treatment to movies that actually needed to be promoted, like Tomorrowland, is fucking absurd.
>>
>>65143501
It's plainly obvious RLM wasn't paid for their review, but people were paid to promote SW on youtube and various other sites. There's no arguing this.

So, fuck off back to /mu/ tripfaggot.
>>
Is Rich Evans the modern day Job?
>>
File: 1452804028615.jpg (48 KB, 380x434) Image search: [Google]
1452804028615.jpg
48 KB, 380x434
>>65134912
>>
>>65143529
>obvious
In what way? How is it fucking obvious? Do you even understand how marketing works? Disney was extremely lucky: they had other people willing to share the marketing expense with them. That's why nearly every ad for the film was a tie-in. It's a tit-for-tat relationship: those products got a boast from being associated with a popular franchise, and the movie got promoted. You honestly think that Disney was going to pay someone to make a video while that person also made money from the ad revenue off that video?
>>
>>65143581
Holy shit you are one cancerous tripfaggot.
>>
>>65143595
And you're a borderline schizophrenic conspiracy theorist
>>
>>65143291
Because people who are good at games are generally autistic? Or at the very least they do it because they like it, not because they want the attention that comes with talking about it?

Attention whores will attention whore. Enthusiasts will keep playing regardless.
>>
>>65143617
I bet you took Intro to Psych, tripfaggot. Fuck off back to /mu/.
>>
>>65143631
Psychology is a borderline pseudo-science. Why would I take a course on it?
>>
>watching rlm content that doesnt feature mike
>>
>>65143660
Because you act and talk like a faggot who diagnoses people over 2-3 comments on a Taiwanese copper smeltering board.
>>
>>65143660
Cause you tripfag so you're into bullshit.
>>
>>65143694
>actually arguing with a tripfag. they want this attention, idiots.
>>
>>65143660
>tripfags = faggots
>faggots = psych majors
>>
>>65143694
I bet your think that calling someone a faggot is a genuine comment on how your perceive their sexuality. It's a way of saying that believing in widespread paid reviews is pure tin-foil hat tier nonsense.
>>
>>65143751
>I bet your think
Keep trying.
>>
>>65143789
>harmless typos
full damage control
>>
>>65143501
>>Jontron built an entire millenium falcon set to rant about star wars games with disney money
>>No one got paid to promote TFA

Are you from Disney's Damage Control Departament? People only got onboard with posting all sorts of SW contents because Disney spammed every site with their marketing shills.
That said, I don't think RLM were paid by Disney. But others were.
Faggot.
>>
>>65143789
You pointed out an unnecessary letter in a sentence as if it's an argument. I don't have to try anymore.
>>
>>65143581
You are one dense motherfucker. Big studios spam sites like reddit, 9gag, youtube and even 4chan to test the waters and promote their shit.
>>
>>65143890
You're naive. This discussion is about paid reviews, and about Star Wars in particular. Not about twitter campaigns and promotional twitch streams. The distinction between what's paid for and what isn't is usually very clear to non-mongoloids.
>>
>>65143956
Dude, if samsung pays faggots on youtube to get all wet while unboxing the Galaxy S6, I assure you a giant like Disney can shake a few bucks to some selected youtubers to talk well about their movie.
Like all the youtubers from Polaris, which incidentally it's owned by Disney. So there's that.
>>
>>65144021
The way physical products are promoted is different than the way films are promoted. There's a reason you didn't see thousands of clickbait videos devoted to Tomorrowland, despite the investment Disney made into that movie, and despite it being a mostly unrecognizable name that required promotion. The reason you saw thousands of Star Wars videos posted is because people clicked on them, and the content creators decided that they wanted those clicks. This is free promotion. Disney paying for it would be a complete waste of money on their part.
>>
>>65144137
Are you really comparing Tomorrowland, a movie made for quick revenue, very little chance of huge success and no real name to capitalize from, to Star Wars, a saga that can spawn endless spin-offs and sequels? Having TFA to be a mayor success was a top priority to Disney. Now they will make two (at very least) sequels, a line of toys and merchandise, and two (planned) spin-offs to expand the "SW Universe".
You can't compare the stakes between a one off film like Tomorrowland and a multi billion dollar brand like SW.
The only thing that comes close to SW shilling its MCU, and it saturates the same sites, in the same manner that SW. It's a Disney marketing strategy and it works wonders.
>>
Pre-rec shows that these two guys are fucking retarded

Now, i'm not saying people can't have their own opinions, but their opinions are terrible.

They shit on the most dumb things, and write off a game because of it
>>
File: 1272841828970.png (100 KB, 247x259) Image search: [Google]
1272841828970.png
100 KB, 247x259
>It's a Rich shits on Bloodborne because it doesn't hold his hand episode
>>
File: 1446790213390.jpg (5 KB, 233x250) Image search: [Google]
1446790213390.jpg
5 KB, 233x250
>Rich hates MGS because of its story
>Both Rich and Jack think MGS5 is the best MGS game
>>
>>65144434
The thing about conspiracy theories is that they're completely unfalsifiable. As long as a possible motive could exist, then it happened according to the propagator.
>>
>>65144527
>>Both Rich and Jack think MGS5 is the best MGS game
Perfectly reasonable opinion. It's the best-playing game in the franchise, and Kojima isn't a good storyteller.
>>
>>65144137
They knew Tomorrowland was shit and most likely not going to be a major success. They gave it a big budget and obviously had big hopes for it but it came up all fucked up and decided to market it very lightly. The way I see it, you can either saturate web sites with viral, parasiting marketing, and spend lots of money in a mediocre movie that will flop either way, or just let it make as much as it can with a moderate marketing coverage. But Im just guessing so I don't really know.
>>
>>65144558
I guess we can agree on that. I'm just saying what I believe would make more sense from the perspective of a Disney Executive, but then again, I'm a shitposter on /tv/, so who knows.
>>
>>65144527
What's the contradiction here? MGS5 barely had a story compared to the other games, hence why it's the best game in the series.
>>
>>65144434
>Implying Disney needs people to shill for Star Wars
You literally explained why they don't in your post. People want to talk about it, that's why it doesn't need "shilling" you're fucking delusional
>>
>>65144718
MGS2 is the best game in the series
>>
>>65144724
A movie that nobody talks about doesn't become a phenomenon, not even Star Wars. Yes, people would have talked about it, but not in the length they did.
>>
>>65144726
MGS5 > MGS3 > MGS4 > MGS2 > MGS: TS > MGS
>>
>>65144776
They don't have to talk about the newest star wars, they just have to talk about the series in general. Star Wars is more brand than movie at this point, it's like the movies are a spinoff of the merchandise now.
>>
>>65144726
You have autism.
>>
>>65144869
i'm not the one with autistic taste
>>
File: RswyY.gif (483 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
RswyY.gif
483 KB, 500x364
>>65144726

>mgs anything

The only good thing about Kojima are his Twitter posts.
>>
>>65139300
>hates cutscenes
>somehow bad
Fuck off storyfag
>>
>>65145037
You're just straight up autistic. Anon was explaining why Jack and Rich liked MGSV so much and you felt the need to shove your worthless opinion on the games into the mix.
>>
>>65140925
I stopped my patroon then, couldn't be bothered finishing it and just lost all desire to watch their stuff since. Their operation was built on picking apart the prequels but they see the exact things they were attacking and it's just, I loved it, it was everything I hoped it would be. Just a waste of time.
>>
Haven't they done enough yet? Can't they just retire and get drunk now?

There's a lifetime of shit to watch, enjoy, let the get drunk and back the FUCK off.
>>
>>65145634
them get drunk*
>>
I've always hated Rich. His laugh is the most annoying thing conceivable.
>>
>>65145653
>I hate people being genuinely happy
>4chan

Welp, can't say I didn't see that coming.
>>
>>65145700
His laugh is clearly forced half the time. Still annoying even when it's genuine.
>>
>>65145711
It's genuine, he's just autistic and doesn't hold back. He's confirmed it on pre rec that it's real. Lurk more.
>>
>>65145711
>clearly forced
>clearly
Oh please, anon who clearly understands all human behavior, explain how his laugh that they've been exploiting for years specifically because it's genuine and weird, is actually fake but you're the only one not blind enough to buy it..
>>
>>65145711
you're a fucking liar. why would RLM force a laugh? unbelievable
>>
>>65139209
almost everything rich does is improv. That's where he excels. This is evident when he makes prank calls and in his early masterpiece "I'm Gonna Make Wine Out of Your Testicles". Mike would often point a camera at Rich then tell him to "act". Rich, by reflex, humors Mike.
>>
>listening to Terminator commentary track
>Jay goes on a rant about Metal Gear ripping off movies when its obvious he doesn't know a thing about the series
Jesus I can't escape their bad opinions. The only good episode of Previously Recorded is The Order, and that's more because the game is just that fucking bad. Every other review is horrendously constructed and goes on for way too long.
>>
>>65148355
>I can't escape their bad opinions

They're opinions aren't bad though.

>The only good episode of Previously Recorded is The Order

They're all good in their own way. Stop being so negative.

>Every other review is horrendously constructed and goes on for way too long

I think your post went on too long.
>>
Who fucking cares about Pre-Rec.

Release a new BotW, you fat Midwest sweat factories.
>>
>>65148478
Patreon says it's coming soon.

They just finished a Half in the Bag and are about to release it. After that, they're gonna finish a new BotW.
>>
>>65148454
>They're opinions aren't bad though.
Most of their video game opinions are fucktarded, and of course they have some opinions I disagree with beyond that. Thankfully they know more about movies and can articulate arguments.

Do you really think RLM has no bad opinions?

>They're all good in their own way. Stop being so negative.
There's a reason gamestation was cancelled, you know.
>>
>>65148688
>Most of their video game opinions are fucktarded

No, they aren't.

>Do you really think RLM has no bad opinions?

There are no bad opinions. There are just opinions.

>There's a reason gamestation was cancelled, you know.

It wasn't cancelled, they just stopped making new episodes.
>>
>>65134255
Same here

Now I usually skip videos where Rich is involved in the discussion
>>
>>65148510
hopefully it's some terrible january movie
>>
>>65141903
It's only Rich that does that
>>
File: 1324932863431.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1324932863431.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
Why do video game fans sperg out so damn much over people having different opinions than them?

I've seen people take issue with some Half in the Bag episodes, but I've never seen childish anger like in the comments of Previously Recorded videos.
>>
I had the exact same experience, he's funny when he has someone to edit his shit, but 90% of what he says is retarded.
>>
>>65149603
>I've never seen childish anger like in the comments of Previously Recorded videos.
>>
>>65149603
Why do you sperg out when your surrogate friends are insulted?

Also I think it's because Jay and Mike are at least a little bit knowledgeable and thoughtful, whereas Rich and Moby clearly know nothing about games but act like they're experts and are very condescending. It's pretty frustrating to watch.
>>
>>65142282
This
>>
Rich is such a disgusting cunt
>>
>>65148510
did they say what film the new Half in the Bag is about?
>>
>>65149742
videogames, hopefully
>>
>>65149309
I think is The Revenant
>>
>>65149603
Dude it's like watching someone try to put a square peg into a round hole for half an hour then claim that the square hole is broken and it never explained what to do.
>>
I hate Rich Evans so much. Jack is great though.
>>
File: 1389595836992.png (294 KB, 546x535) Image search: [Google]
1389595836992.png
294 KB, 546x535
>>65134255
RLM in general is becoming stale. It's either me or RLM that has changed. I only care about Jay's opinions at this point. Mike doesn't look like he gives a shit in all videos for like 2 years now. Rich has always been just a clown. Everyone else is irrelevant.

I'm hoping Space Cop is at least somewhat good. Or that Mike makes another Plinkett review now that they can't use the movie as excuse to produce anything of value.
>>
I refuse to watch anything that doesn't have just Jay and Mike in. Everyone else at RLM is painfully unfunny, and just makes videos a chore to watch.
>>
>>65136218
Jay would have said "what if it was Gayskin" since it is pretty much confirmed that she smokes five packs of dicks a day
>>
>>65149863
It was the Patreon that changed everything. They realised that autists were willing to pay them just to be surrogate friends and that they didn't need to put in any actual effort any more.
>>
patreon + pre rec stream overexposure killed rlm
>>
>>65150007
Especially Pre Rec. It revealed that everyone besides Mike was a massive asshole.
>>
>>65149758
hopefully not. I'd much rather see them talk about some january schlock than the revenant
>>
>>65141943
They can't keep the plot of the movies from leaking, why do you think they would be able to keep the fact they pay for reviews a secret?
>>
File: sister harriet.png (479 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
sister harriet.png
479 KB, 640x458
Rich Evans looks like Sister Harriet from the Knick.
>>
>>65143303
>making a video about the most popular movie to get views/show up in search results means disney payed everyone off
How fucking stupid can you be?
Marketing and hype building isn't buying reviews faggot. You're ridiculous.
>>
>>65149873
This is the problem I have with BotW. The discussion always gets dragged down to Rich's and Jack's level.

Honestly the ideal BotW lineup would be Mike, Jay, Jessi and Josh since the latter two don't tend to influence the discussion too much.
>>
/cel/ when?
>>
>>65150396
Jessi is worse than AIDSmoby familia
>>
>>65139386
>Jay is generally the straight-man
Allegedly
We all know he has a big love for the peeenuts
>>
>>65150055
>Pre Rec streams rarely get over 500 viewers
>overexposure
Just don't watch them, dumbass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

>This is one of redditlettermedia shills gods

great taste pham
>>
>>65150893
what's the problem?

pretty good video to be honest.
>>
>>65142128
I agree with rich though, fuck freeloaders who don't contribute then want free shit.
>>
Jack is actually more bearable in Pre-rec than Rich.

Rich is just a faggot
>>
File: 1442159169693.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1442159169693.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>65151891
>Shovel Knight video
>Jack says he likes the game
>Rich argues that they only like it because nostalgia
>Jack says he tried it with a bunch of kids and they loved it
>Rich concludes that they only like it because nostalgia
>>
>>65143812
I think Jontron was paid by EA for promoting the new Battlefront game.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x333
>>65149863
Space Cop is great
>>
>>65136218
I'm guessing AIDS banned you; not Jay as your story says. Jay says retarded a lot so I don't think he do that.
>>
>>65136218
>>65139393
>I subscribed to their channel and paid them $5 so I could say something in their chat and get banned.
>>
>>65140387
>who gives as fuck

Wat?
>>
>>65143453
>>65143397
>>65143354
>tfw no mouse and using computer sitting on chair hurts my back/shoulder so use an Xbox controller.

Comfy as fuck lads. It's also a handicap so it's hilarious to rek scrubs who are using kb/m to their best ability. Nothing like chatting "I'm using an Xbox controller lol" after destroying online and watching the salt.
>>
>>65142198
To give Rich some slack, doesn't he reject school due to his morals? Doesn't he have/had a drunk relative that was abusive?
>>
>>65152251
Probably would have killed himself if Mike didn't befriend him in high school
>>
>>65152251
Rich is a crack baby who was raised by his grandmother.

He's had a hard life.
>>
>>65141903
>arrogant atheists
who's arrogant when all i ever see is you bitchboy jesus freaks whining about being oppressed and posting fedora memes when someone laughs at you
>>
>>65139130
This

I like RLM, but never watched Pre-Rec, never would
>>
>>65152084
yeah it was jack that banned me, i knew he would too after his rant about how the word retard is his trigger so i say it every chance i get
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.