[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
88 years and a handful of black people have won an Oscar . Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 750x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 750x619
88 years and a handful of black people have won an Oscar . Let's discuss this racism /tv/.
>>
Maybe they're just not good enough. You don't see me getting pissed off because no white has won the 100 meter sprint in the last 88 years
>>
>>65126974

>88 years

because a lot of changes and acceptance didn't happen during those years
>>
What the fuck do these people expect? Will they only be happy is black people win? Maybe they need their own awards show
>>
stop being black then.
>>
>>65127017
Is that true though? Two years in a row with no black peoples or POC nominated? Plus in order to be a winner in acting you have to be nominated. With running you just perform. There's no middle-man so your comparison doesn't correlate. It's racism. 90% of all the academy is white.
>>
>people capitalising Black like this annoys me

What the fuck? Why?

I'm black btw.

>fighting the symptom instead of the cause

Film needs more diversity, recognition will logically follow.
>>
If you take the last 88 years it is true that black people were actually underrepresented.
But in the last 20 years 12,5% of the nominees were black. That is pretty reasonable considering a black populationof 12,8% in the US
>>
>>65126974
DUDE
OSCARS GIBSMEDAT
LMAO
>>
>>65127075
No they just want to be included. The Oscars isn't solely a white awards show. Outstanding actors, regardless of race are supposed to be recognized. But they aren't.
>>
>>65126974
btfo desu
>>
>>65127145

How does it break down for Asians and Hispanics though?
>>
>>65127170
Chris Rock is hosting
>>
>>65127075
What are the BET Awards
>>
>>65127170
I want white actors to be included in the BET.
>>
>>65127195

His jokes are going to be fucking amazing this year.
>>
BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE JUST AS MANY OSCARS AND NOMINATIONS AS WHITE PEOPLE OR ELSE IT'S RACISM, OMG GET WITH THE TIMES!
>>
>>65126974
How can the Oscars be racist when they are letting a black man host? There weren't any great performances by spooks this year anyways.
>>
>>65127138

Film already has the correct diversity based on population statistics. Why should it be more diverse? That is just forced. Black here too sir.
>>
>>65127145
In the last two years 0% have been represented. You see how looking at it partially instead of completely is misleading?
>>
>>65126974
act better
>>
>>65127170
what black actor in 2015 was overlooked?
>>
>>65127102
It's racism because you think black people MUST be nominated?
>>
Marc Lamont Hill makes me rage more than anyone alive.
>>
#BlackActorsMatter
>>
>>65126974
no fat people ever wonn the olympics..fucking body shaming!!
>>
>>65127145
Why the fuck would it be a function of the black population? It should be relative to the percentage of black actors, which is not the same
>>
Nigga name ONE Asian actor who won an Oscar.
>>
>>65127209
>>65127196

I want BET to be redundant because black people are included in regular awards ceremonies.
>>
>>65127102
The only black performance worthy of a nomination was in a netflix movie.

There's no conspiracy.

Actors are nominated by their fellow actors.
>>
>>65127239
>Film already has the correct diversity based on population statistics.

No, it doesn't.
>>
>>65127190
White artists are recognized on BET all the time lol. But BET is irrelevant in this conversation. White peolle don't need to create their own networks to get recognition or celebrate their culture. Their culture is literally everywhere
>>
Are the razzies racist too?
>>
>>65127321
Every time I see him on CNN I just want to punch him in his smug face
>>
>there's no black actors nominated for the past two years, waaahhhh
>uh, ok...so who should have been nominated? What performances were overlooked?
>*crickets*
>>
>>65126974
There's like, four good black actors in film ATM, the rest are half breeds.

It goes like this:
>First world nations have the best acting schools
>Best contacts
>beautiful white women marry up because they're prized by modern culture thus not only are these people better looking they're richer
>Black people have none of these structures and just happen to find other things to do in life, stereotypes form and it's rare for anyone too break the mold.

Face it nigger, black is just like having an ugly face, it's a negative trait in society, but there are plenty of other reasons you fail, and it only holds you back so much, so it's probably lack of connections, which is a fault of society and classism, but if it wasn't niggers it would be some other trait, height, size, eyes, etc.
Class forms wherever there are differences, it's only a negative if it's inefficient for the whole society.
Basically it's just bad luck they're neither rich nor white/Jewish really. Luck of the draw, others don't get to be pretty, have good parents, great intellect, etc.
Stop whining faggot and do your best, it's ALL on you, the duly superior genes will average out on top if they're truly superior after many a generation. Unless ofc whining advances your career... Oh wait that's happening.
>>
>>65127287

Idris Elba and Jason Mitchell.
>>
>>65127170
Except they are included. Blacks are like 12% of the population, they won't be nominated or win at the same rate as whites. One year with no awards doesn't prove anything except that there were no decent roles that year the a black actor portrayed.
>>
>>65127352
So it should be an even smaller percentage?

Black actors are like 5% or less of all actors.
>>
I have one black friend, fucking ONE. Not because I don't like blacks but because they're a fucking minority.
Same shit
>>
>>65127317
not that guy but you can admit that this years oscars are especially weak with certain movies being snubbed for weaker ones

>>65127371
What about Sicario and based Taco? nothing for hin either
>>
>>65127240
>"Represented"

It's an awards show. Loosely speaking, it's a competition. You don't get to be a part of it because of your skin colour.
>>
>>65127371

>idris will never be ur commandant

why live bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRKrwnZqsw
>>
>>65127287
Idris Elba. Abraham Attah. I think it's more than black people that were snubbed. Other POCs like Benecio Del Toro. Oscar Isaac.
>>
>>65126974
Maybe they should git gud
>>
>>65126974

The point is that black people need to breed more or put in more effort?
>>
Why aren't the Asianics pissed off? They are never represented
>>
>>65127317

This is my problem - it should be weird that there are no non-white actors nominated, AND IT IS, but the answer can't be nominate non-white actors regardless, because how would that even work? No one would want to be a quota nom, I mean fuck... we shouldn't be talking about AWARDS, this should be a reason to talk about the lack of diversity in Hollywood movies.
>>
>>65127170
Yes, regardless of race exactly. So they shouldn't be included because of race alone either
>>
>>65127471
>implying Del Taco and Oscar Isaac count

We all know that when people complain about diversity they mean niggers.
>>
File: 1451775071739.gif (3 MB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
1451775071739.gif
3 MB, 250x257
>>65127428

Blame the studio and producers for not following the rules to be nominated.
>>
>>65127075
Its called the BET awards and no white guy has ever won an award there.

I know rants usually get dismissed here but I gotta say as a Hispanic (inb4 spic, don't really care if you feel the need to say it) but I don't understand what the bitching is all about. "It needs to be more 'diverse'." No you're saying it needs to be all black. No I can ramble about how feminism is wrong, but at least they even include gays, lesbians, and people of color in their non sense of equality. I don't understand why they can't say it needs to be more black. I see so much out cry by this race but when they demand for equality for all they never mention asians, hispanics, indians, etc. One day, and maybe I'm wrong but hispanics, asians or whatever race will have their movement or Al Sharpton, and I gaurentee black people then will look at us like 'hey what about us?' Fuck you guys. You guys never consider anyone but your own in this "needing diversity". All other races, even white get shit thrown at them, but its frustating that one section of the human race needs to nag until you hand them out free shit.
>>
>>65127365
>date] [Auto] 10
I don't.
>>
>>65127361
>some people are even more discriminated against so don't complain

For real?
>>
Reminds me of how Yaya Toure said it was racist that no African's were nominated for the the Ballon d'Or a few years ago.
It's an award based on performance, how can they demand to be nominated if no one deserved it?
>>
>>65127102

>90% of the Academy is white

No they aren't. More than half of the Academy is Jewish.

Hence holocaust dramas and documentaries being so well received, even when directed by child raping fugitives.

Also People Of Color have dominated the directing category the last 3 years running, and are in the lead position to make it 4 years running.
>>
>>65127317
I think it's racist because white people who are nominating actors are underlooking POC who deserve to be nominated. Idris Elba's performance in Beasts of no nation was just as captivating as Tom Hardy's in The Revenant.
>>
There weren't enough muslims/arabs actors nominated this year.

I'm going to to jihad the oscars this year.
>>
>>65127428
>Idris Elba
For what?!? Fucking Avengers? He was in three movies total in 2015, wasn't the lead in any of them, and wasn't even the main supporting actor.

>Jason Mitchell
>straight out of compton
are you serious?
>>
>>65127361
Equally as wrong. POC are left out
>>
>>65127428
Straight Outta Compton and everyone in it was generic and by-the-book in every way.

A netflix movie will not be recognised at the oscars.
>>
For real though... it's current year. There's no reason the Oscar's can't look like the government of Canada
>>
>>65127582
No. it wasn't.

Idris is an overrated actor and his performance in Beats was just a generic nigger warlord that you have seen before.
>>
>>65127440
Depends on how often they're cast. And "should" meaning "expected" here.
>>
>>65127521

They did follow the rules. Very clearly.

1. Doesn't matter, because Hollywood hates Netflix.

2. Jason Mitchell doesn't remotely deserve a nomination, and people are just pathetically and desperately grasping at straws by this point. Both Oscar Isaac and Del Toro, Men of Color, would have been much more valid choices. But for some reason, the race b8ers really want to make this about black people for some reason, and not just minorities or POC.
>>
>>65127537

Not him, but yes?

You should be helping Asians get better representation. Otherwise you're just a selfish sack of shit.
>>
>>65127657
Del Toro I agree with. Would have much rather seen him than Matt Damon
>>
>>65127519
You're an idiot.
>>
>>65126974
Damn, BTFO
>>
File: 1439519224846.png (136 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1439519224846.png
136 KB, 250x418
I thought this was a competition for best actors/film makers? Why are people obsessed with race?
>>
>>65127519

We all know thats what racists like you want to turn it into because you hate black people the most. HIspanic and Asian actors would totally "count", it's merely the black community that has been the most vocal. I guess maybe because like they were raised by those who just two generations ago had to be very vocal so they could do awesome shit like ride the bus and drink water and vote.
>>
>>65127191
Mexicans dont even have actors in hollywood, but their directors have won left and right, cuaron and inaruto
>>
>>65127566
European Jews aren't white people? Word.
>>
>12% of the population has won 12% of the awards

what the literal fuck is wrong with this?
>>
>>65127454
Don't be naive, this has less to do with competition and more to do nepotism
>>
>>65127691

You don't think this conversation helps Asians?
>>
>>65127537
>discriminated against
You and me both fucking know that it isn't discrimination. It's because niggers underperform in absolutely everything. The ironic part of this, even now when everyone wants to give niggers the spotlight in fear of being called a racist, niggers STILL can't beat whitey.
>>
>>65127696
Nah.

Taco man and Oscaar Isaac and lations in general are too white.

This is why despite the fact that Iñárritu and his movie are going to win the oscars again, people are still going to bitch about divesity.
>>
>>65127191

shhhh, you can't talk about them. it's distracting from the only group to ever suffer REAL oppression in the USA.

Not counting the Natives, of course.
>>
>>65127523
You're absolutely right, to be diverse literally just means to be more black nowadays.There is also a latino director nominated isn't there? How is this not diverse?
>>
idris elba deserves at least one oscar.
>>
>>65127653
Stupid. You can make the same false argument about Hardy playing a typical inbred cracker. Both both performances were spectacular and you're a racist so you can't give Idris credit.
>>
Yea, well maybe its not because they're black. Maybe its because they're SHIT ACTORS.
>>
>>65127428
People can't get their heads around the fact that anything from Beasts of No Nation CAN FUCKING BE NOMINATED
>>
>>65127768
why do retards keep thinking the relative population of blacks is relevant?
>>
>>65127707

This dude freaked me out when he appeared in CREED, I don't even remember the original meme, but that's all I know his face from.
>>
>>65127743
Ashkenazi Jew, I don't consider myself white. Fuck off and don't speak for my people.
>>
>>65127630
I find it funny that no one raises an online crusade over this. It's always about black people. For American pop culture, diversity = more black people.
>>
>>65127743
>Word.
Fuck off you dumb nigger
>>
>>65127770
it literally doesn't because diversity is keyword for nigger in liberal's minds now you retard
>>
>>65127707
It's just blacks getting riled up about shit that doesn't matter
>>
>>65127707

Because if you're not white you can't afford to ignore race.
>>
>>65126974
>Sir.

Oh shit, he was 'polite', guess everything I have to say is invalidated and I might as well commit sudoku
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>65127814
Then you're a fucking retard, because your people are from central europe and literally are white
>>
>>65127731
You are right that we spics hate niggers the most. Everyone does.

And when we become the majority in your country, you niggers are going to get fucked. We aren't as tolerant of your bullshit and whining as white people are.
>>
You don't see honkeys bitching about a lack of nominations at the BET awards. I don't get what the problem is.
>>
>>65127812
if they're winning a proportional amount of awards, how exactly is there a problem?
>>
>>65127731
>two generations ago had to be very vocal so they could do awesome shit like ride the bus and drink water

In a few states, sure. But how exactly does that correlate? Asians were treated just as bad. The Chinese were used as dynamite ffs.
>>
File: 1443985876233.jpg (52 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
1443985876233.jpg
52 KB, 399x464
>>65127813
>not knowing based Kornheiser
>>
>>65127800
not for anything he did last year though
>>
>>65127707
Because other races besides white people are grossly underrepresented
>>
>>65127857
>Different genetic makeup that separates us from everyone in Europe
>Semitic

Yeah, you're are literally a fucking brainlet. Don't talk to me, I don't speak with retarded goyim.
>>
>>65127806
Idris only memorable performance was in the wire.

You only like Idris because he acts like a white guy, not because he is a great actor.
>>
>>65127770

No. It's literally only about black people.

Apparently Hispanics no longer count as POC either.

They also completely disregard that the Academy is largely Jewish, not "white", and themselves a persecuted minority.

It's simply;

>Give BLACK people an Oscar

As always, any other minority, usually Asian or Native American, is treated like garbage by the elites and especially African Americans. You just have to look at the systemic racism in African American culture and institutions targeting Asians. It's disgusting and they believe they get a free pass because they were mistreated by whites many decades ago.
>>
File: master tang.jpg (7 KB, 255x174) Image search: [Google]
master tang.jpg
7 KB, 255x174
black people have won more than latino people have. I guess we should complain more hahaha
>>
Fuck black people, the real snub is Asian cinema, they actually make great films unlike the latest spike lee joint
>>
how many of the nominees are Jewish
>>
File: mexican brad pitt.jpg (558 KB, 1959x2807) Image search: [Google]
mexican brad pitt.jpg
558 KB, 1959x2807
>>65127732
>>
>>65127888
the population of the US isn't winning the awards; black actors and actresses are. i didn't say there was a problem, only that the population isn't relevant
>>
>>65127731
Maybe it's because you're the most primate-like of all of them.
>>
>>65127928
We shouldn't.

Whining about this shit is nigger level tier.
>>
>>65127812

Why is it not relevant?

Are you saying blacks should be OVER represented?

Why?
>>
>>65127837
this cracker is mad lmao
>>
>>65127906
>underrepresented
they're a minority of the population and of actors you fucking retarded cuck
>>
>>65127840

Yeah, no. You can say "nigger" as much as you want, you can stereotype "liberals" as much as you want - it's a discussion about diversity, it's inclusive. You're just homing in on black people, maybe because they're the most visible in the discussion, maybe because you're mostly racist towards them, maybe a combo.
>>
>>65127732
>>65127948
he's puerto rican dipshits.
>>
I'm just waiting for the black to call out the jews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN17c2v2Vgk
>>
>>65127857

>Central Europe

>Slavs
>Asians
>Jews

>White

Uh huh. They're less white than Barack Obama, you ignorant American pig.
>>
>>65127918
LMFAO. Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>65127102
sweden pls go
>>
>>65127977
>calling them niggers
>y-y-your racist!
Frankly I don't think he gives a fuck about being called a racist.
>>
>>65127977
name a single other group beside niggers getting asspained about MUH REPRESENTATION and boycotting the awards you stupid fucking cuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SINGtcAwvSk
>>
File: Picture-110.png (832 KB, 926x623) Image search: [Google]
Picture-110.png
832 KB, 926x623
AND HOW MANY NORWEGIANS HAVE WON, EH?!
You fat, fuckin', gun loving, racist, burgerfaced, redneck americans! GIEF US OSCARS!
>>
>>65127923
>No. It's literally only about black people.

Bullshit.

>Apparently Hispanics no longer count as POC either.

No Hispanic actors were nominated. One hispanic director was. The acting noms are the focus/most visible.

>They also completely disregard that the Academy is largely Jewish, not "white"

Jews are white unless you're /stormfront/.
>>
>>65127906

So the solution would be for races besides white people to Git Gud.
>>
Wait a second.....why the fuck were the nominees for the NBA Awards across all categories almost 100% black?

#BoycottNBA
>>
>no T.I., Sidney Poitier or Steve McQueen
>>
>>65127977
It is not inclusive.

We know diversity = niggers.

Again, Alejandro Iñárritu (a spic) will win again this year.

You niggers are just butthurt over the fact that you pretty much fail at making anything worthwhile.
>>
>>65127912
God you fags are in such denial. You share common but distant ancestry with other Jews. Genetically you're closer to Europeans. probably Slavs or Germans.
Your race is a social construct senpai
>>
>>65128012
The Jew that dumbfuck was arguing with here, Americans are completely clueless about our history and try to educate us on it all the time in the US. It's pretty fucking annoying that they can't even grasp that there's more to race than Blacks, Whites, and Asians.
>>
>>65127977

They're most visible because no one else except white liberals with a fetish for babying black people give a shit about the issue.
>>
>>65127976
you missed the point. Actors aren't nominated based on a country's racial makeup. They're nominated based on performances. The point is there are many performances by POC that weren't nominated by the academy
>>
File: 1453053524285.png (79 KB, 375x444) Image search: [Google]
1453053524285.png
79 KB, 375x444
>>65128058
>Jews are white unless you're /stormfront/.
they're white when it's convenient for them and are a minority when it's convenient, it's genius really
>>
>>65127906
Really? There are lots of blacks in film and television. In fact, in comparison to population and all other minorities they are way over represented.
>>
>>65128058
>Jews are white unless you're /stormfront/.

Or Jewish, apparently. If you said so to Jewish person they'd call you an antisemite.
>>
>>65128104
The point is there were many performances by POC that were fucking ass. Again, what black performances from 2015 deserved a nomination over those that were nominated?
>>
>>65128082
Except it is not. But go on, keep seeing us as your "fellow white people" that'll work out well, dumb fucking goy.
>>
>>65127977
BTFO
>>
File: lh8a9lAaqj1qeg1hf.gif (384 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
lh8a9lAaqj1qeg1hf.gif
384 KB, 250x173
>>65127918
>You only like Idris because he acts like a white guy, not because he is a great actor.
>>
I don't she was named but that woman from The Help won an Oscar too didn't she?
>>
>>65127523
Why hasn't Tarantino or Eminem won a BET award?

Doesn't seem fair to me.
>>
>>65128104
None of those performances were good or oscar level.

Either way you shit argument fails.
>>
>>65128104
>The point is there are many performances by POC that weren't nominated by the academy
>MUH EQUALITY OF OUTCOME
name one black performance that was better than the ones that were nominated
>>
muh racism says the guy on tv
>>
>>65127941
>the real snub is Asian cinema

Foreign language bruh.
>>
>>65128058

>Jews are white

Tell that to the 6 million retard.

>Bullshit

I don't see anyone else complaining.

>This got nominated, but this didn't, there was a nomination here, not there

Shift the goal posts much?
>>
>>65127906
Hollywood is America's film industry. America is mostly white.
>>
>>65128038
Native Indians
>>
>>65128156
I wish people would stop comparing the BET and Oscars because thats got to be the most retarded comparison to make
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 750x500
>make a great film
>get snubbed because of Netflix politics
>implying blacks are the only ones who get snubbed
Hapa uprising when?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151 KB, 1219x864) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151 KB, 1219x864
>Le Osbar Boycott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SINGtcAwvSk&feature=em-uploademail

He warned yall negros.
>>
>>65127918
>You only like Idris because he acts like a white guy
>you should like hoodlums that act like literal chimps just as much

daily reminder that liberalism is a mental disease
>>
>>65126974
>all the black people

Did this nigger intentionally forget John Ridley, Denzel Washington, Sidney Poitier and Hattie McDaniel?
>>
>>65128038
Black people have historically less civil rights movements for minorities. They have always been the most vocal in issues of race
>>
>>65128104

There were more performances by white people than black people that weren't nominated by the Academy.

There were more performances by Indians than everyone else combined that weren't nominated by the Academy.

We need to fix this by only nominating whites and indians for the next 15 years or so.
>>
>>65128212
You're right. One gives out awards based on merit and one is just outright racist.
>>
>>65127591
>>Idris Elba

Fucking Beasts, man; they deliberately stuck that in theatres before letting Netflix have full hog just so it could qualify for Oscars. Damn shame he didn't get nominated, but I don't know who I would bump from Best Actor to give him a slot.
>>
>>65127657
"they did follow the rules"
no they didnt
you have to have a movie in cinema for atleast 3 months exclusively
netflix had beasts of no nation on netflix and cinema at the same time
netflix broke the rules and therefore it literally couldn't be nominated for either an oscar or a golden globe
>>
>>65128012
>>65127912
then what are you you stupid kike? you're not black, asian or hispanic, and "jewish" isn't a race
>>
>>65127891
>Asians were treated just as bad. The Chinese were used as dynamite ffs.

I never heard of the Asian American Civil Rights movement.
>>
>>65126974
now name 6 asians who have won an oscar
>>
>>65128208
name a single native american actor off the top of your head
>>
African-americans have a lot of oscarbait story to tell. Ask Tyler Perry to do that instead of Yo Mama 6
>>
>>65128212

>Comparing Awards shows to Awards shows

Truly a crazy leap of logic if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>65128253
ASHKENAZI
Holy fuck are you this fucking stupid?
>>
>>65128106
Why do you faggots keep saying "black" when I'm saying people of color? I said it numerous times in this thread. Idris Elba, Benjamin Attah, and the guy who played Easy-E in straight outta Compton.
>>
>>65127240
>In the last two years 0% have been represented. You see how looking at it partially instead of completely is misleading?

You see how you're taking an even more partial view (2 years vs. 20) to justify your viewpoint? Sometimes there are apparent lulls or gaps that, when you actually take into account the long view, are entirely explainable.
>>
>>65128227
I never said that.

People here have an erection over Idris Ebola because he acts like a white guy.

If he acted like you stereotypical nigger nobody would like him (not even other niggers here on /tv/ trying really hard to fit in).
>>
>>65128253
Also why is it always Americans trying to tell people about their own culture/race/whatever. No wonder niggers and Europeans hate you so much, you're so fucking ignorant and stupid it's beyond belief.
>>
>>65128263
steven seagal
>>
>>65128120
I meant in Oscar's history and recent history
>>
>>65126974
The truth?
Black people are ugly, people want pretty faces when watching movies. That correlates to how marketing plays out and thus, the money studios make. The lack of black people is directly related to reality where if you were to choose between a black girl or white girl as a man or viceversa, you would most likely choose the white one.
>>
>>65128246
Which wasn't eligible. Netflix fucked up and released it in theaters the same day it was released online. The Oscars said fuck that and said it couldn't be nominated for anything.
>>
>>65128142
Except it is. Your only link to Jews is a distant and tenuous one.
Sorry m80, my Grandmother is Ashkenazi. I'm probably as "Jewish" as you.
>>
>>245. BLIND GOSSIP 01/19 **#3**
We received some very interesting commentary from a well-known actor in Hollywood about a recent race controversy. "My jaw just about dropped to the floor when I heard [Actress]’s comments. [Her Actor Husband]’s performance wasn’t that good, and then I thought that maybe she was doing the jealousy thing, because lord knows she’s never won any major award for anything, and the only awards she does get are for being black. Then I got mad about the hypocrisy. This is what I really want you to tell your readers about. You know how she and [her husband] have a production company? Well, they have his and hers projects, and here’s a dirty little secret: "Her" projects are always for/by/about/starring/directed by black women. But for "his" projects (which are MUCH bigger), his directors are:
"WHITE GUY" (Glenn Ficarra and John Requa "Focus")
"WHITE GUY" (Peter Berg "Hancock")
"WHITE GUY" (Francis Lawrence, "I Am Legend")
"WHITE GUY" (Gabriele Muccino "The Pursuit of Happyness")
"WHITE GUY" (Andy Tennant "Hitch")
"WHITE GUY" (Alex Proyas "I, Robot")
"WHITE GUY" (Barry Sonnenfeld "Men In Black", "Men In Black II", "Men In Black 3" )
"WHITE GUY" (Roland Emmerich "Independence Day")
"WHITE GUY" (Michael Bay "Bad Boys", "Bad Boys 2")
"Minority Guy (not black)" (M. Night Shyamalan "After Earth")
Seriously. Not one black director. Not one female director. That’s their dirty little secret. She wants to go off about how racist the industry is and about how they don’t value black people, but she doesn’t want you to know that when it comes to who they trust with their big movies, it’s not other black people! There you go. Rather than guess who our source is, we’ll let you guess who she is talking about."
Actor: Will Smith
Wife: Jada Smith
Movie: Peter Landesman "Concussion"
Controversy actor: Denzel Washington
>>
>>65128324
>If he acted like you stereotypical nigger nobody would like him

and why should I like people who act like stereotypical niggers?
>>
>>65128250
>you have to have a movie in cinema for atleast 3 months exclusively
Did you pull that out your ass? The movie has to be in theaters for seven days. That's it.
>>
>>65128307
>have family that's been inbreeding for centuries
>1/4 Jew retard says he's as Jewish as me

kk, you're American aren't you
>>
>>65128319
>Why do you faggots keep saying "black" when I'm saying people of color?

Because that exactly what you mean by POC you fucking dishonest nigger.

Now fuck off back to neogaf or reddit.
>>
>>65127976
Aren't jews a minority too?
>>
>>65128259
Way to miss the point while making it for me.

Reread mine and the one I replied to. With some effort you might figure it out.
>>
>>65128359
post your nose, then we can know for sure
>>
>>65128355
You shouldn't.
>>
>>65128292
jews from central european countries like germany and poland, yea, sounds white to me
>>
File: Roles breakdown.png (61 KB, 648x586) Image search: [Google]
Roles breakdown.png
61 KB, 648x586
>it don't matter that we're over-represented in acting to the detriment of other minorities, talent don't matter, gibs me dat Oscar y'all rayciss crackas
>>
File: Oscars.jpg (155 KB, 1231x851) Image search: [Google]
Oscars.jpg
155 KB, 1231x851
>>65128250

You are completely incorrect. It can be released simultaneously or earlier with the Los Angeles cinema screenings. Just not after.

The film was literally ruled eligible by the Oscars and open to voting for nominations.

No one voted for it because the industry does not like Netflix.

Pic related.
>>
>>65128403
so why is it bad if I like Idris Elba because he doesn't act like a monkey nigger?
>>
>>65128246
>I don't know who I would bump from Best Actor to give him a slot

Matt Damon innit.
>>
>>65127017
Literally could not have picked a worse analogy to use. So dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 750x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 750x649
>>65128156
Uhh....
>>
File: 1402902852216.jpg (15 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1402902852216.jpg
15 KB, 323x323
>>65128328
You might not have noticed this, but this board doesn't have flags. You sound like a fucking retard ranting about Americans in every post when you have no idea who you're talking to
>>
>>65128253

>Jews are not a race

>But "Black" and "Asian" are

Jesus christ, stay in America and keep your retarded understanding of nationality and ethnicity with you.

You're still living in the 1800's.
>>
>>65128253
>all this edge
>>
>>65128250
>you have to have a movie in cinema for atleast 3 months exclusively
Multiplex shill pls go
>>
>>65126974
Does anyone get the feeling this is all false flag bullshit?
>>
>>65128437
Because he is still a nigger, like yourself.
>>
>>65128319

They're all black.
>>
>>65128263

Lou Diamond Phillips
>>
>>65128243
>>65128273
> literally retards

one is an award show based on people of a certain race and one is based on film as a whole. How is this distinction even need to be made? Do you guys get upset when the Latin grammys snub Radiohead? Or when the Country Music Awards snub Buckethead?

Why are people so fucking stupid?
>>
File: lejewear.jpg (452 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
lejewear.jpg
452 KB, 720x1280
>>65128399
I can do you one better.
>>
>>65128246
Matt Damon was trash
>>
>>65128263
Wes Studi
>>
>>65128502
Nah, there are actual butthurt niggers in this thread.
>>
>>65128246
Are you just a retard or pretending to be retarded?

BONN was snubbed because of netflix you stupid cunt, has nothing to do with race.

No other noteworthy black performances in 2015.

Nobody gives a shit about soul plane 5 or barbershop 4.
>>
>>65128266
>African-americans have a lot of oscarbait story to tell.

Agree so much, that's the thing. DOPE is not oscarbait. Black cinema needs to start doing more sundance type movies and adaptations of great novels and biopics about disabled people and shit.
>>
>>65128321
Because you asked for who i thought deserved the nomination that was black ....
>>
>>65128465
The eternal ANGLO is not white
>>
>>65128468
It's not that hard spotting the Americans. I'm an American myself
>>
>>65128319
>Le BONN meme
N E T F L I X
E
T
F
L
I
X

>>>/trash/
>>
>>65128321
Ok cracker. It's not true btw. Oscar Isaac. Del Toro.
>>
>>65128523
>it's ok when black people discriminate
>>
>>65128592
fuck off Kraut /pol/ poster
>>
>>65128324
>he acts like a white guy

This is meaningless.
>>
>>65128359
Nope, I'm from Europe; and like many "Jews" here, we're not 100% Jewish but only distantly related to biblical Jews. Stay in denial, Hansel
>>
>>65128465

>Sam Smith DID NOT receive a BET award

Thanks for making me google, cunt.
>>
>>65127452
let me guess, you don't even let your black friend fuck your gf and your sister? What kinda fucking racist are you? This is 2016, for God sake!
>>
>>65128581
Not me. I didn't say anything previous to that.
>>
>>65128525
WE HAVE A JEW HERE WE HAVE A FUCKING JEW HERE SOMEONE GET THE ROPE
>>
Maybe blacks should make better movies instead of Madea Ate A Whole Turkey and The Wayans Brothers Need Another Tax Write-Off.
>>
>>65126974
>Give us all the Oscars whitey
>>
>>65128523
>racism and exclusion is ok if blacks are doing it
>>
>>65128523
>one is an award show based on people of a certain race and one is based on film as a whole
Like I said, one is racist by definition, one isn't

>Do you guys get upset when the Latin grammys snub Radiohead?
If Radiohead made a latin music album and it was good, then yes, I would. The only requirement for a Latin Grammy is the song/album is recorded in Spanish or Portuguese.

>Or when the Country Music Awards snub Buckethead?
If Buckethead made a country music album and it was good, then yes I would.
>>
>>65126974
There were also zero middle eastern nominees but you don't see ISIS boycotting the academy
>>
>>65128345
Beauty is subjective you moron. How are you going to parade it around as a fact?
>>
>>65128523

One hands out awards to exclusively one race, one hands out awards to people of multiple races.

You seem really confused and stupid.
>>
Not to sound racist or anything but could you imagine the state of cinema if the blacks were in charge
>>
>>65127906
You people are so worked up about underrepresentation. Take a look at over-representation instead, especially considering demographics. How many jews, for example, compared to their demographic percentage?
>>
>>65127170
>No they just want to be included.
kek. The moment they don't win the award they'll be calling it racism again
>>
>>65126974

That's the last 5 years tho. And they forgot people.
>>
File: Hotornot_comparisons_manitou2121.jpg (741 KB, 3328x2176) Image search: [Google]
Hotornot_comparisons_manitou2121.jpg
741 KB, 3328x2176
>>65128673
>Beauty is subjective you moron.
No it's not you stupid fuck.
>>
I don't think any year it was socially acceptable to call black people niggers in public should count
>>
>>65128468
>calling hoppitydoopers "flags"

Obviously American.
>>
>>65128577

Except white liberals don't go to the movies enough to support those sort of films, and blacks fucking hate good movies.

That's why the blacks who aren't worthless whiny sacks of shit put their efforts towards making stuff like Barbeshop or Madea films.
>>
>>65128732

8.5 - 8.9 is the best one
>>
>>65128668
They should.

Are they doing something more important?
>>
>>65128732
>trying to argue beauty isn't subjective
>shows a shitty chart with no citation to back his argument

Alright buddy
>>
oh no, the bottom 5% of the film industry is boycotting the oscars. What ever will they do.
>>
Oscars don't imply acting ability/quality/being the best as it's a self-masturbatory show. HOWEVER, what did they expect? Are they really claiming that they're so mediocre that they need a reserved "oscar" for blacks?
>>
>>65128759
Hey, Selma was great. And it got Best Picture nominated and won Best Song, but because they didn't specifically say, "This black guy was the best actor," people threw a fit.

and they were right, Oyelowo deserves a nom at least
>>
>>65128639
England sucks btw. Fuck you

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2015/06/28/sam-smith-bet-awards-best-new-artist.html
>>
>>65128699
>Not to sound racist or anything but could you imagine the state of cinema if the blacks were in charge

We'd have more directors like Steve McQueen and Richard Ayoade...
>>
>>65128713

Jews are white. No normal person would think of Scarlett Johansson or Natalie Portman as a Jew first and a white person second. Only a racist nutjob would. Or some asshat thinking he's making some kind of point in a thread like this.
>>
>>65128836
We have good directors now. Changing the melanin won't make them better or worse; it will just mean that /tv/ sits around jerking off to Black James Cameron instead of White James Cameron, while Black Michael Bay keeps making shit movies that rake in boatloads of cash.
>>
>>65128872
Don't know about Portman, but Scarlett Johansson has Danish ancestry, a grandfather I believe, so it's pretty natural that she looks white.
>>
>>65128759

Man, you're like a crazy right wing stereotype dude, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>65128872
>No normal person would think of Scarlett Johansson or Natalie Portman as a Jew first and a white person second. Only a racist nutjob would.

So you're calling Hollywood racist nutjobs? Good, we're on the same page.
>>
>>65128836
No, rather many more like Spike Lee.
>>
>>65128699
Actually thought-provoking films with magnificent performances. But nah we need more white directors and actors. We need more Angelina Jolie, Adam Sandler, capeshit, Air Bud movies, Home Alone, etc.
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzI0NzM5NjE0MjE5.jpg (59 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzI0NzM5NjE0MjE5.jpg
59 KB, 620x465
>>65128872
haha yeah...
>>
File: 1452127488926.jpg (76 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
1452127488926.jpg
76 KB, 700x366
>>65128872
>minorities are white when it helps my argument

liberals everyone
>>
>>65128616
>>65128659
>>65128660
>>65128683

you people seem to misunderstand what it is that makes you sound so incredibly stupid. The BET awards are awards for black people, that much is true (and make no mistake, there are plenty of awards specifically geared towards minorities but I digress) and the Oscars are film awards. One is specifically celebrating African American culture while the other is about a specific medium.

Do I have to repeat this? Are people so dense to believe that BET is at all comparable to the Oscars, considering the goals for both ceremonies? Unless you believe the Academy actually bases their choices on merit and not petty judgements and nepotism, in which case there is no helping you

Also consider why the golden globes don't seem to have the same reputation that the Academy does.
>>
>>65128903
>We have good directors now. Changing the melanin won't make them better or worse

Correct, it would just mean that there'd be fewer talented directors disadvantaged based on their appearance, which doesn't factor into their work...
>>
File: 1444391678829.jpg (47 KB, 624x459) Image search: [Google]
1444391678829.jpg
47 KB, 624x459
>all about black people

no one mention Asians/Hispanics/native Indians/Middle eastern actors.

white/black people are raciest...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WKJ8wGYio0
>>
>>65128872
Except we consider ourselves Jewish before we are white.
Or are you trying to say that white people experienced the holocaust just as Jews did? No, I don't think so /stormfront/.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.