[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NO HE MUST STAND TRIAL! Oh you mean like Count Dooku? You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28
File: 1465675677356.jpg (43 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1465675677356.jpg
43 KB, 852x480
>NO HE MUST STAND TRIAL!
Oh you mean like Count Dooku? You fucking asshat
>>
>>65097050

Palpatine is the senate and the courts, so he had the authority to pronounce immediate executions. He said so himself and he has no reason to lie.
>>
>>65097050
>not understanding the guilt he felt for executing dooki.
>He learned his ways
>Windu, a jedi MASTER is about to break the jedi code
>>
>>65097050
>Oh you mean like Count Dooku? You fucking asshat
He felt guilty about killing Dooku and not letting him stand trial. He said so immediately after doing it.
>>
>>65097254
Do you know what probably would have made him feel better? Not murdering him in the first place
>>
>>65097222
it's sad. It's clear Lucas had some good ideas in ROTS,but they just weren't fleshed out fully.

Lucas wanted to portray the jedi as flawed and show how anikin was struggling with that, but he just didn't take the time to portray it properly.

so much wasted potential.
>>
>>65097310
>Characters aren't allowed to make mistakes!
>>
>>65097355

Idk they do come off as kinda clueless and they even admit that in Clones and Sith. At one point Mace says "our ability to use the Force has diminished". What isn't shown as well is how this is a result of their hypocrisy and arrogance.

Still, it doesn't stop plebs from talking about how stupid the Jedi seem as if it were a plot hole when it's clearly intentional.
>>
>>65097535
It may be intentional but Lucas did a poor job of showing it and ended up making everyone seem retarded instead of flawed and hypocritical
>>
>>65097771

You could already see how the Jedi were hypocritical by how they were sending Anakin to spy on the Chancellor.
>>
>>65097771
>He doesnt think Sheev makes perfect sense and falls for the "sith are evil so theyre obviously wrong" meme

Jesus. Name one time a Sith came off as retarded?
>>
>>65097872

Why didn't Count Dooku rat out Palpatine?
>>
>>65097930
He did, but nobody believed him.
>>
>>65097930
Because you ride for your niggas and die for your niggas.

Dooku believed in the sith way, why make them go extinct?
>>
>>65097050
Note that Mace and Sheev are the only characters that have gold on their lightsabers.
>>
I always get confused with Episode II... was Dooku a good guy in the end?

Originally, it sounds like Dooku knew Palpatine was amazing power and realized the Republic sucked and honestly wanted peace and to separate from it. But the Republic was lied to by Palpatine, taht Dooku was the bad guy and thus Dooku is hunted down in a war and killed.

BUT, watch Episode III and even parts of II: Dooku was workign for Palpatine and probably knew he was the evil Sith Master. He knewingly helped cause this war, to help his master.

I prefer either: Dooku is totally good or confused or grey jedi OR he clearly workign for the Sith and their manipulations.
>>
>>65097050
Palpatine was not only someone he looked up to, but also had something he wanted, which was a way to save Padme.

Not long after he says something like "I need him!", so it was more what he wanted out of him at the time by prolonging his life.
>>
>>65098349
>clearly working for the sith

You mean Darth Tyranus was working for the sith!?

What are you trying to say? Sheev manipulated Dooku into being the scapegoat to start a war and raise a clone army. He knew it would give him power as Supreme Chancellor so he could implode the Jedi from within by restricting their rights and suffocatting them politically.
>>
>>65097050
Dooku could have saved himself and told them who the Sith Lord was, he killed himself
>>
>>65098492
>saved himself

Anakin would have killed them both.
>>
File: thesenate.jpg (207 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
thesenate.jpg
207 KB, 1920x816
>>65097050
Who would conduct the trial? He IS the Senate.
>>
File: 2016-01-20 01.31.03.jpg (371 KB, 1130x1154) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20 01.31.03.jpg
371 KB, 1130x1154
>>65098541
NOT...YET
>>
>>65098444
>Sheev manipulated Dooku into being the scapegoat to start a war and raise a clone army. He knew it would give him power as Supreme Chancellor so he could implode the Jedi from within by restricting their rights and suffocatting them politically.
No, I know, I just think Episode II would have been better if Dooku didn't just become another Sith Lord.

I don't want to shill but I did see a video series that says the same exact idea and I agree with it.
>>
>>65098541
They could have cloned Sheev and make a senate with a bunch of Sheev clones.
>>
>>65098604
What motivation would Dooku have then? Grey Force users arent canon.

Dooku saw the Jedi as corrupt and wanted to expose them. Sheev gave him a way and taught him how.
>>
>>65097050
>oh you mean like count dooku

thats the point he doesnt want another dooku, you could see he was torn over killing dooku when he did it and sheev is his father figure so he doesnt want to see that
>>
>>65098349

M8 he was a certified Sith Lord. He even had a Darth title, Darth Tyrannus. He was the faux leader of the Separatists. His mission was to start a civil war that would justify the creation of the clone army, and keep the Jedi occupied while Sheev expanded his control over the Republic (while at the same time causing the number of Jedi to dwindle significantly due to war casualties). The original plan was for the CIS to lose the Clone Wars, execute Order 66 and for Dooku and Sheev to take complete control of the Republic to create the Empire. Dooku was in on all that. What he didn't know was that Sheev really wanted Anakin as an apprentice because he was far more gifted with the Force, so when Sheev saw an opportunity to get rid of Dooku and turn Anakin to the dark side he took it.
>>
File: 1452233206927.jpg (225 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
1452233206927.jpg
225 KB, 601x469
>>65098705
>tfw dooku was loyal and dindu nuffin and traitor sheev has him executed like a Jedi scum
>>
>>65098653
Your second line is motivation enough, just Dooku should be against Palpatine.

>>65098705
I know all this as well, but in Episode II: Dooku TELLS OBI WAN there's a traitor. Why? You are all right, but there is almost a plot hole or a second plotline where Dooku says the Jedi have become corrupt, soemone is manipulating them, and then... well, as said he IS Sith
>>
>>65097868
I never understand that.

>the council is wary of Palpatine and knows he can be manipulative
>the council doesn't trust Anakin, (Mace blatantly says this)
>"Hey, let's send him to spy on Palpatine!"
>>
>>65098824
4chan cut out the rest

>as you said, he IS Sith
He truly did become Darth Tyrannus and is workign for Sheev before being betrayed

Shouldn't have gone that way. Greivous for enough
>>
>>65098836
The most hypocritical part was because Sheev was limiting them, not because they suspected him of being a sith LORD. Mace was literally just butt hurt because his Jedi militia was getting wrapped in red tape.
>>
>>65098824

I think that was more for the benefit of the audience, because you're right, it doesn't make much sense for him to tell Obi that. Idk, maybe he was trying to make Obi doubt which side he should fight for? Obi didn't know Dooku was a Sith Lord at that point after all, so maybe he wanted to create dissent and unrest among the Jedi. If some Jedi believed that they were being duped into working for a Sith Lord they might want to change sides and join the CIS.
>>
>>65098836

They sent him because he was the only Jedi that Sheev trusted. They just underestimated his loyalty to Sheev and overestimated his loyalty to the Jedi.
>>
>>65098976
Trick Obi Wan? Hm, that's probably quite likely the reason.

I think Christopher Lee just has such a trusting demeanor and record
>kills people
>Saruman
>Dracula
>That evil wizard in the Last Unicorn
>>
>>65097401
>Characters who spent several years in combat during the clone wars now have a crisis of conscience
>>
>>65099082

He was mostly fighting droids right.
>>
>>65099082

Murdering an unarmed human in cold blood is a lot different than slicing up droids anon.
>>
>>65098632

You mean like Rey?
>>
palpatine used his spooky sith powers to influence anakin into killing Dooku, also no one would ever know that a Jedi executed Dooku because Obi Wan was sleeping
>>
>>65098512
Palpatine was easily stronger than Anakin, he could've just popped those shackles off and lightninged the fuck out of him
>>
Was Sheev really to dangerous to be kept alive?

Did he ever in the 6 movies attack anyone that wasnt hostile to him first?
>>
>>65099577
Luke?

Oh wait,
fuck.
>>
>>65099577
>Was Sheev really to dangerous to be kept alive?
clouded the entire Jedi Council's vision all by himself. definitely too dangerous.
>>
>>65100024
So what youre saying is democracy is dangerous? Is being charismatic a crime?
>>
>>65099577
He literally attacks Yoda without ANY provocation, after specifying "you survived" indicating that he had planned for him to be killed in order 66.
which he also ordered unilaterally.
>>
>>65099158
It wasn't the arms he was missing, it was the hands! Wo-hoah! Wa-hey! Noiven!
>>
>>65097222
Windu apparently skirted close to the dark side by giving into his hate while dueling which allowed him to take on those that are stronger with the force.
>>
>>65100235
>without ANY provocation

Nigga what? Yoda walks in, Kills sheevs buddies (who did nothing to Yoda) then makes some hostile as fuck accusations.

Talk shit, Get hit.
>>
>>65100366
>Windu
>dark side
Sounds a little racist to me
>>
>>65100450
>Canon wise the purple lightsaber means hes mastered both dark and light sides of the force.
>>
>>65100471
Which was just an after thought
>>
Is being a sith lord even a crime in the republic?
>>
>>65100581
No, its literally just a different of religion.

In the novels, during the arrest of Sheev, sheev points this out saying something like "Is having a different point of view a crime? You may aswell arrest the entire senate"
>>
>>65100376
>kills
try again
>>
>>65100622
Prove they didnt suffer major head trauma.
>>
>>65100642
prove they did.
you don't even really see what happened to them.
You're making blind conjecture.

Also, order 66
>>
>>65100471
>>65100486
Yeah. He only had purple cause Jackson wanted it purple. I saw the footage of him asking Lucas. Lol.

Also, he's supposedly really really powerful and is a grey Jedi. They didn't exactly display his power correctly in the movies.
>>
>>65100665
Did Sheev kill any of the jedi during Order 66, which happened AFTER the jedi tried to kill him.
>>
>>65100731
he ordered the death of them.
He is DIRECTLY responsible for many, many deaths.
That's how it goes with military. The individual isn't arrested for following orders, the guy who gave him the order is.
>>
>>65101062
And the Jedi put out a hit on Sheev first. He acted politically. They tried to kill him, he found them to dangerous to be kept alive. He was well within his rights.
>>
>>65100728
>and is a grey Jedi
he's not
>>
>>65101123
They didn't try to kill him though. They were going to arrest him, he attacked first
>tis treason then
>aeareareaarerrgh
>etc
>>
>>65101185
>HE MUST STAND TRIAL
>HES TO DANGEROUS TO BE KEPT ALIVE

Thats sure arresting him.

Its also motive to brandish a scheme to kill the jedi politically.
>>
>>65101315
The point is that at first they didn't want to kill him at all, he just attacked out of nowhere and killed three Jedi right away. Yes, Mace later wanted to kill him, but that was already after Sheev killed few Jedi.
>>
>>65101185
Also hes not wrong. It was Treason.

He said he would relinquish power when Grevious was killed. He even asks about Grevious, but they dont care. The jedi were literally arresting the Supreme Chancellor of the republic like they were in control.

Treason.
>>
>>65101395
But Jedi were like the police/peacekeeping force of the Republic. It wasn't a treason, if he'd be proven innocent they would let him go and apologize.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 370x600
>people unironically defending Sheev ITT
>>
>>65101481
Except they had literally no evidence of his guilt.

You cant just go arresting whoever you want. They arent an authority figure, they had no jurisdiction on the Senate.

It would be similer to Arresting the Queen, in England. YOU'D be put on trial, even if you did have suspisions of something.
>>
>>65097050
>Dooku
>enemy of republic for years

>Palpatine
>leader of the republic
>suddenly the bad guy?!
>it's all happening too fast

Am I the only person who sees this difference between Dooku and Sheev? Why the hell am I on a first-name basis with the guy now?
>>
>>65101556
Look at that smile. He wouldn't hurt a fly.
>>
>>65101481
>>65101563
And the only real evidence they had was he was a Sith. A different religion. He did nothing wrong, it was Dooku starting the wars.

You cant arrest someone you THINK will do something wrong.
>>
>>65101563
It was a time of war and everyone knew there was a second Sith Lord hiding in the shadows. They also knew that there were always two Sith working together, master and an apprentice, which meant that whoever the second Sith was, he worked with Dooku which means he was evil. Also Dooku literally said that the second Sith lord is controlling the senate. Also Anakin literally said that Sheev told him he's a sith lord.
I'd say those are pretty good reasons to have people at least inspected.
>>
>>65101563
>they had no jurisdiction on the Senate.

That is why they intended to let the senate decide.

>>65100621
>No, its literally just a different of religion.

The sith are a political entity as well, and last time the sith were being overt things kinda sucked. And there were many, many republic-sith wars which were literally just about the sith trying to dominate everything. Being a sith is definitely a crime.
>>
>>65101670
>inspected

Theyve been inspecting him for awhile, violating HIS privacy. You're so focused on the "Sith are bad, Jedi are good" swill they spoonfeed you.

The Jedi are not a police force. They cant go around arresting whoever they want. You need to go through the Senate first.

The Senate democratically appointed Sheev Supreme Chancellor during war time, until General Grevious was destroyed.

The Jedi, having their rights restricted by the Senate were getting upset with Sheev. Anakin, who the Senate did not trust
>if youre right you will have gained my trust
Tells them he SUSPECTS Sheev is a sith lord. Windu immeditley goes to confront him, drawing his lightsaber almost immedietly.

Sheev, having done nothing wrong to be arrested for, Retaliates.

Stop thinking that being a sith is a crime. It isnt.
>>
>>65101798
>Sith-republic wars about sith trying to dominate everything

So beint Muslim should be a crime? Hello Trump.
>>
>>65101843
If literally every muslim was hell bent on dominion and made extensive use of slavery and super weapons, probably would be yes.
>>
>>65101800
Being sith probably wasn't a crime in the Republic, but we don't know that, it might have been considered what they did in the past, something like being a Nazi or such, but that's speculation.
What was a crime though, was collaborating with Dooku in artificially creating and sustaining a war, which, under the assumption that he was a Sith, Sheev did.
>>
>>65101843

Yes, being a proper Muslim literally means being an enemy of the state.
>>
>>65101906
So lets say they all have that mindset, but literally do nothing about it for hundreds of years

Do we arrest all muslims?
>>
>>65101843
Being a Nazi is though (at least in most Europe countries). Which I'd say is similar.
>>
>>65101945
If the last time they were allowed to exist they nuked half the planet, and this drive to dominate everyone else was literally part of being muslim. Yes.

Fortunately, reality isn't as black and white as fucking star wars.
>>
File: lava.jpg (107 KB, 754x762) Image search: [Google]
lava.jpg
107 KB, 754x762
>>65097401
>Characters aren't allowed to make mistakes!

Anakin made nothing but mistakes.

Not sure what Lucas was thinking making him an asshole since Episode 2.
>>
>>65099158
He slaughters a fucktonne of sentient being in Clone Wars. They just were not humanoid. ANAKIN WAS A RACIST
>>
>>65102010
This. Obi-Wan talked about him like he was a great and proud knight fighting for good and justice, but then Darth Vader killed him. So I always thought he actually was like that before he turned. But Obi-Wan was lying as always, since Anakin was pretty much fuckup since he was teenager, only pretty strong.
>>
>>65102079
>But Obi-Wan was lying as always

Or maybe he just remembers his friend more fondly and emphasises the good parts about him in his mind?
>>
>>65102079
Where does this Anakin is a fuckup meme come from? What did Anakin fuck up, notice I said fuck up, not whine about.
>>
>>65102113
That might be it, but Lucas still should've made Anakin more likeable and actually a good guy before he started to turn.
On the other hand he made him pretty good in the Clone Wars, but that was just an afterthought.
>>
File: kylo.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
>>65102079
I actually like Kylo more since it's obvious he's an ugly, Vader-obsessed fanboy.

Anakin is just some weird, creepy Elliot-tier beta pervert who would have all the recognition and women he wanted if he was just a little more self-conscious and socially aware.
>>
>>65102145
Got cut off on my phone.

Obi Wan never actually sees him whine, except when he isnt made Master, because most of his tantrums are about Obi Wan
>>
>>65102159
I agree with you, but I don't think Kylo is ugly.
>>
File: beg.png (104 KB, 421x354) Image search: [Google]
beg.png
104 KB, 421x354
>>65102113
>Or maybe he just remembers his friend more fondly and emphasises the good parts about him in his mind?

Too bad all we ever see him do is talk back to his Master, talk shit about him behind his back, act and fight like a cocky idiot, make rape eyes at Padme and scowl constantly when he's not murdering scores of children and decapitating people.
>>
>>65097050
when mace dindu tired to arrest Sheev under the authority of the galactic senate, Sheev was legally elected and had legally obtained emergency powers that trumped the senates. On top of that the senate did not authorize the arrest and the Jedi aren't the senates police. They're peace keepers. Mace really was the traitor
>>
>>65102236
He was fairly likable in ROTS until he turned
>>
>>65098377
This. The stand trial shit was an excuse. He really just wanted Palpatine kept alive, because he still believed the man's lies of what he could provide were potentially true.
>>
File: 1567890987656789.jpg (19 KB, 366x399) Image search: [Google]
1567890987656789.jpg
19 KB, 366x399
>>65102010
It's almost galling how unlikable, uninteresting, and autistic Anakin is. What the fuck was George thinking?
>>
>>65102262
EXACTLY.

Had Mace not been such a hothead, the arrest may have made sense, but it was traitorous filth and the jedi made an attempt on a leaders life. That merited Order 66
>>
>>65102296
No, its just Hayden, his voice and acting. The Clone Wars Anakin is legit how he should be.
>>
>>65102162
Also he argues with him constantly.

He talks back to him in front of Padme, in the hover car and again on the dropship. And Obi-Wan is always snapping at him, I wouldn't call these guys friends at all.

More like a single parent and his shitstain of a son.
>>
File: 2015-11-27 00.24.37.jpg (347 KB, 1439x630) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27 00.24.37.jpg
347 KB, 1439x630
>>65102341
Or....

Brothers ;_;
>>
>Sheevposting literally convinced people that Sheev did nothing
It convinced me. But this thread needs more Sheev imaging posting.
>>
>>65102329
Hayden was fine as Anakin. He was kind of meh in AOTC but did a great job in ROTS given the script he had to work with and everybody else's stiff performance around him.
>>
>>65102328
>>65102262
What's legal doesn't matter though, only what's right.
Its as if you said that people who attemted to assassinate Hitler or hid Jews were traitors just because it wasn't 'legal' at the time and sent them to jail now.
>>
File: 1276768426237.gif (3 MB, 319x239) Image search: [Google]
1276768426237.gif
3 MB, 319x239
>Lucas was so incompetent at conveying the themes and values he intended to communicate to the audience that /tv/ doesn't even know how to reach a consensus on what the prequels were trying to say
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453274487996-1-1.jpg (142 KB, 610x345) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453274487996-1-1.jpg
142 KB, 610x345
>>65097050
>Manipulated by Sheev Sheevington

Vs

>Hates a sith

Whats a better reason to break Jedi code?
>>
>>65102422
Right is a point of view.
>>
>>65102417
I don't know, I just can't not hate that guy.
>>
File: totally.jpg (248 KB, 1010x932) Image search: [Google]
totally.jpg
248 KB, 1010x932
>>65102296
They toned him down slightly because they realized what a shithead they made him in AotC.

But even his turn was retarded. As soon as Palpatine said he didn't really know the secret to bringing people back, Anakin should've run him through and tossed him out the window with Windu.
>>
>>65102422
If a German tried to assissinate hitler, he would be killed by the German army.

Sheev was leader of the republic, Sith or not, he was democratically appointed.

Its all about who you think were in the right. History is written by the victor.
>>
>>65102471
Yeah but anakin was kinda into being powerful I think, plus he was talking about fucking off that whole democracy bullshit in episode 2.
>>
>>65102509
No he wasnt. Padmé was in ROTS, to which Anakin replied "Youre starting to sound like a sepretist" and got very angry.
>>
>>65102451
Sure, but in this case it could easily be decided democratically by the senate. The problem is that Sheev killed the Jedi. It doesn't matter if Jedi were in legal right to arrest him or not. He could just sue them legally for arresting him if he were innocent.
>>
>>65098705
>The original plan was for the CIS to lose the Clone Wars
Holy shit, will the Tumblr pandering never end?
>>
>>65102500
Even most Germans knew that what they did wasn't exactly a good thing though.
>>
>>65097050
Dooku did nothing wrong
>>
>>65102535
Sheev was restricting the Jedi authority, not allowing them to be a galactic SWAT team anymore. Sheev went through all the proper politcal stances to surpress the jedi, but they just fucked off and did what they wanted anyway.

Lets just go arrest ISIS instead of killing them. See where that gets us
>>
>>65102509
>>65102528
You are both right. He said a strong powerful government in the second episode and then protected his beloved Republic in episode 3.
>>
>>65102528
No, he literally said in AotC that he thinks that dictatorship is better because it works unlike slow and byrocratic democracy.
>>
>>65102606
Must have missed that.

But in ROTS Padmé mentions democracy is failing and he gets all autistic about it and yells at her.
>>
File: weird.jpg (56 KB, 510x452) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
56 KB, 510x452
>>65102606
More bad character development from Lucas.

He has to be a fascist child murderer from the beginning.

From what we saw Vader do in the OT, I'd say Anakin was way, way more evil.

Vader was a fucking teddy bear by comparison.
>>
>>65097401
Considering we are talking about Autiskin, I think it would be appropriate to say he isn't allowed to make nothing but mistakes.
>>
>>65102629
I remember him saying she's starting to sound like a separatist, but I don't know what she said.
And I remember that in Ep2 when they are lying in the grass on Naboo, he says something about politicians being shit, and when Padme explains how democracy works he says that someone strong needs to force people to agree.
>>
>>65102318
I think the prequels would have been better received if they had written Anakin's character a little better.
>>
>>65102671
>He has to be a fascist child murderer from the beginning.

But the only reason he wanted a strong authoritarian state was because it would let them actually do good things without the bullshit.
>>
>>65102671
kek, is this legitimate BTS footage of them goofing around or a pohotshop?

Also yes, I agree. Vader was never shown doing something REALLY evil, just enforcing his regime.
>>
>>65098976
The funny thing is, though, that Dooku knows that Sidious is Palpatine. So he knows that it ultimately doesn't matter who joins the CIS or not. The CIS is just there to provide conflict so emergency powers and shit are given to Sheev.

Since Palpy ultimately controls both: If the CIS win, Palpatine wins. If the Republic/Empire wins, Palpatine wins.

Dooku doesn't really need to tell anyone anything. He just needs to let things happen and Sheev wins. Which is one of the weaknesses of the prequels. There's no good ending either way.
>>
>>65102722
Prequels actually get better if you watch the animated series between ep2 and 3 since you care about anakin by that point.
>>
>>65102733
>Blows up Alderaan.
>Many younglings live there

I think Vader killed more children than Anakin.
>>
>>65100107
>Sheev
>Democratic

Pick one
>>
>>65102702
Which is basically the platform of most Trump supporters.

"Politicians are too political, so corrupt and always caring about what everyone else thinks! We should vote in someone who doesn't care what anyone thinks!"
>>
>>65102793
How wasnt sheev democratic in the prequels?
>>
>>65102754
I never got the impression that he knew his master was palpatine.

It always seemed to me that he was fed information to get him to do what Palpatine wanted, but never saw the whole picture.
>>
>>65102787
Vader didn't order the destruction of Alderaan though, that was Tarkin.
>>
>>65102831
He knew. He mentioned to Obi wan that a sith was leading the Senate. Either hes a really lucky guesser or he knew.
>>
>>65102731
The "bullshit" (due process, habeas corpus, defense lawyers, appeals system, etc.) is usually all that stands between the average citizen and abuse of state power.
>>
>>65102787
The worst thing Vader did was not stop it, he didn't push the button or even order it to be pushed.
>>
>>65102881
Yes he knows palpatine is evil, not that the hooded guy talking to him is palpatine. To him he was fighting the war to dispose of the sith who's taken over the senate.
>>
>>65102898
Yes, I'm not defending what he's saying, but that's the justification he has internally. "These disagreements stop the republic doing good, a strong figure would be able to do good"

That kind of thing is a big part of what lucas was going for. People choosing dictatorship over republic, only to have it not work out so great.
>>
>>65102930
He knows about the rule of two, he would have read the Sith scriptures, and if I recall correctly he says something like

>The republic is now under the control of the dark lord of the sith
>>
>>65101556
It's shitposting, not serious belief. It's like people saying the moral of Lord of the Rings is that Sauron was the good guy and did nothing wrong, etc.
>>
>>65102970
It's true though, the problem is that you need a legitimately good dictator without human flaws. An AI would probably be a good choice of a dictator for such state.
>>
File: 1452820860569.jpg (811 KB, 2171x2364) Image search: [Google]
1452820860569.jpg
811 KB, 2171x2364
>>65102412
>>
File: anakin1.jpg (243 KB, 1024x622) Image search: [Google]
anakin1.jpg
243 KB, 1024x622
>>65097050
From my point of view the Jedi are genocidal maniacs who killed off a rival religious group.
>>
File: 1452928922963.jpg (2 MB, 935x4688) Image search: [Google]
1452928922963.jpg
2 MB, 935x4688
>>65102412
>>
>>65103030
This. There are people who argue for contrarian sides/opinions even if they don't really believe in them just for the fun of argumenting.
>>
>>65097050
Didn't he wanted a power from him? If Dindu had kill Sidious the "knowledge" of that power would be lost.
>>
>>65103030
This.
>>
>>65103078
Thanks, keep it coming. I might post too
>>
File: 1449819412507.jpg (69 KB, 962x755) Image search: [Google]
1449819412507.jpg
69 KB, 962x755
>>65103182
>>
>>65103030
>>65103108
>>65103167
Now I'm not say Sheev is perfect but he obviously was just getting revenge against the Jedi for killing off his people. It's not like he could go to the courts and get justice when the the Jedi controlled them.
>>
>>65102447
I completely lost my shit look at this
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (54 KB, 545x281) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
54 KB, 545x281
>>65103182
>>
File: 1452248377009.png (35 KB, 883x557) Image search: [Google]
1452248377009.png
35 KB, 883x557
>>65103182
>>
>>65102831
In ROTS, he sure understands that his master has just blown him the fuck out when Palpatine tells Anakin to behead him too. He understands it's betrayal, not a politician telling a Jedi to kill the guy.
>>
File: 1453187187236.jpg (22 KB, 741x530) Image search: [Google]
1453187187236.jpg
22 KB, 741x530
My favorite
>>
File: 1452894604703.jpg (231 KB, 1001x1147) Image search: [Google]
1452894604703.jpg
231 KB, 1001x1147
>>
>>65102193
Hello, Reddit
>>
>>65103605
Hello tumblr.
>>
>>65103605
>>65103626
>9gag
>>
>>65103626
Hello 4chan.
>>
>>65103605
>>65103626
>>65103652
>>65103654
hello facebook
>>
>>65103652
>>
>>65100366
Is the Dark side stronger?
>>
>>65103626
>>65103652
>>65103654
>>65103673
Reddit, I already said hello. Now fuck off
>>
File: received_947013268684814.jpg (19 KB, 490x314) Image search: [Google]
received_947013268684814.jpg
19 KB, 490x314
>>65103078
>>65103104
>>65103234
>>65103382
>>65103407
>>65103500
>>65103600
>>
>>65101062
The Nuremburg code introduced the ideal that even when following orders, the fodder is still at fault.
>>
>>65103697
No! No, just faster/easier

I can't remember it very well.
>>
>>65098836
Because they were arrogant.
This is like saying Anakin's dialogue is wooden and shit without realizing the fact that ANAKIN IS LITERALLY AUTISTIC.
>>
>>65103697
Yoda says no, but it obviously is stronger in terms of raw power.
He probably either lied so that Luke doesn't fuck up or he meant that the dark side always loses in the end since its too unstable.
>>
>>65103719
I'm not saying that he isn't evil, but we never see him directly do something evil, he's just like any other stormtrooper in terms of evilness.
>>
>>65103740
This

The Dark side relies on tapping into your emotion for power where as the Light side relies on your logic and clear mind.

Its easier to be emotional than to let stuff go. This is essentially why the Jedi are hypocrites. The only jedi that truely is emotion free is Yoda.
>>
>>65103740
>>65103751
How do micro-organisms sort themselves into sides based on emotions anyway?
>>
>>65103785
They dont. I just think, like a lot of chemicals in our body powers are stimulated by raw emotion.
>>
>>65103785
They don't, they're not sentient. Midi-chlorians are just a messenger between the Force and living organisms. The Force is all the same, Dark side only means you abuse its use.
>>
>>65098444
>There is a character called Darth Tyranus
>People take these movies seriously
>>
>>65102733
At that point though, going through that much loss, wouldn't you just do the bare minimum?
>>
>>65098824
Dooku told Obi-Wan because he knew Obi wouldn't believe him anyway because the Jedi are arrogant.
>>
>>65103030
>comparing based Sheev to metaphorical SAtan Sauron

dickhead
>>
>>65097995
I thought the sith were selfish and would kill their own for power
>>
>>65103825
I agree with you, but Darth Tyranus isnt that bad of a name. Its a play on Tyrant, Dooku was a dictator.
Darth Sidious - Insidious
Darth Vader - Father
Darth Maul - i dunno.
>>
>>65103880
They do, when they learn everything and feel they are stronger.

Dooku was still loyal to Sheev
>>
>>65102754
>there's no good ending either way
>the entire galaxy is under a totalitarian dictatorship where an evil robotman hunts down Imperial diplomats with magic
Yeah no shit.
>>
>>65103785
>>65103812
>>65103819
Different emotions release different hormones, which the midi chlorians can react too. But that's just bullshit of course; science to make it sound right but even that is so stupid, I can't even shitpost it without complaining.

There are no midichlorians and if we assume they did, they are unrelated to Dark Side/Light side; they just offer potential and the Dark Side is how you use that potential
>>
>>65103697
The comment you're replying to isn't technically wrong, but it explains it badly. Windu uses (and helped create) a form of lightsaber combat called Vaapad, which doesn't directly tap into the dark side, but does require the user to be very emotionally invested in the duel. The idea was that it took partly from both Jedi and Sith styles making it unpredictable and was a good counter for Sith lightsaber forms which had in turn evolved to counter the Jedi's, and thus caught them off guard a bit.
>>
>>65103891
>Maul
Blunt object for killing, though I think maces (which looks like his head) can be considered a maul too
>>
>>65103751
I always saw it as dependent on one's definition of strength and power, and it being a trade-off of sorts.

The Dark Side allows aggression to provide bursts or power and allows physical greatness, like choking, lightning, mentally breaking people or whatever. Some people might define that as strength/power. But, for that, you limit your existence to your physical body. You might learn how to do things with practice but you'll die and be gone forever.

The Light Side, though, while bound by morality, allows you to deepen your connection to the Force on a more complete and eternal level.

Even Vader respects the Force itself, seeing it as more powerful than anything else. As a Light Sider, you end up becoming one with that Force forever.
>>
>>65102793
>democratically elected
>democratically given emergency powers during the Clone Wars
Okay then.
And the transition from the Republic to the Galactic Empire was met with applause, people wanted the change, which was exactly what Sheev was going for.
>>
>>65103030
Fuck you. Sheev was right.
>>
>>65103947
This is also very good theory.
>>
>>65103877
>metaphorical SAtan Sauron

The Satan figure was Melkor, bud. But nice attempt at debate bait :)
>>
>>65103819
>The Force is all the same, Dark side only means you abuse its use.
Makes sense. Of course, That means Lightside and Darkside are false dichotomies that the Jedi made up. I guess the Sith stupidly bought into it when they could have done their own thing.

>>65103920
There are no midichlorians
Didn't Qui-Gon say they were there?
>>
>>65103891
If Sidious is Insidious then I think it's more likely Vader is Invader.
>>
>>65101923
And they had literally zero evidence Sheev was behind the Separatists and the whole Clone War.
And Windu didn't even bother to tell Sheev Grievous was dead to see his reaction.
For all Windu knew, Sheev was going to step down as chancellor. But he went to arrest him, lightsaber drawn, because he was suspected of being a Sith Lord.
The Jedi brought their downfall on themselves.
>>
>>65104019
>Didn't Qui Jon
I'm saying it was a dumb addition to the mythos. Should be removed from it.

And I mean, literally listen to Yoda in ESB. It's so daoist and spiritual, the chi in everything

And then...TPM fucks it up
>>
>>65104069
Vader literally means father in dutch.

But by your theory Tyranus must be Darth Tyranasaurus Rex
>>
>>65104019
It kind of makes sense. The Light side means letting the Force guide you and only using its power sparingly for defense and protecting. The Dark side means harvesting the Force for your own profit and bending it to your will. That's why 'Balance to the Force' means getting rid of all Sith, and not just making Sith and Jedi equal in count. Jedi don't imbalance the Force, only the Sith do.

There are midi-chlorians, but we are only told that the Force communicates through them. Think of them like an antenna recieving and transmitting signals from the Force.
>>
>>65104076
It would have gone literally the same way if Mace said that Grievous was dead first.
>>
>>65104124
Presumptious
>>
>>65104092
Why the fuck would GL name a character set in a different galaxy after a Dutch word that would spoil the entire trilogy if deciphered? Where is the logic there compared to how the other Sith + Grievous are named (after slightly altered words with obvious negative connotations)?

Use your head
>>
>>65103920
The midichlorians aren't the Force, though.
Nor do their count indicate proficiency with the Force.
>>
>>65104092
He didn't name Vader after the Dutch word you literal fucking retard.
It was a fucking coincidence, he's named after invader.
>>
>>65104185
It indicates your potential though.
>>
>>65104177
He didn't. It was a lucky coincidence that Lucas wasn't aware of until after Star Wars became famous. Especially noticeable given that Vader wasn't originally Luke's father in early scripts.
>>
>>65104177
Yeah, its just coincidence that the character with the biggest plot twist in movie history has the name of his twist in a language spoken in many countries (German for father is also vater)
>>
>>65104092
Look up what T.rex comes from: Tyrant Lizard

So you are going the wrong way:

Take a Sith name -> Go to Latin
NOT
Sith name-> Latin -> Use latin to find a similar name
>>
>>65102898
The point was the entire Republic was bogged down by useless bureaucracy that slowed everything down to a halt and restricted everybody's powers.
Literally watch The Phantom Menace again without spouting memes all the time and pay attention.
>>
>>65104212
>Vader=father=Vater=dad of luke which is a huge plot point
>no, surely that's not intended, I rather go with a much worse interpretation
Of course that was intended
>>
>>65104212
How the fuck does Darth Invader even make sense? Who the fuck does he even Invade?
>>
>>65104124
And then Windu could've sent word back to the Council to go to the Senate to get legality for arresting Sheev. And if they failed, the Senate would be against Sheev and his proposition of giving him ultimate power in the Republic by making him Emperor.
>>
>>65104221
>Especially noticeable given that Vader wasn't originally Luke's father in early scripts.
Seems like more proof that he wasn't named after the Dutch word, unless you're saying that the realisation of the word's meaning influenced his writing of the plot between ANH and the last two movies? I couldn't honestly disagree with you there because I plain don't know, but I'm sceptical.
>>
>>65104281
Your anus
>>
>>65104307
He also invaded your mother, guess youre right.
>>
>>65104083
>a more traditional practitioner of the Force has different views of the Force than a person who's literally said to be an outcast of the Order because of his views of the Force and the Order
Wew lad
>>
>>65104281
What's the first fucking scene in Star Wars?

Here's a hint, it wasn't a negotiation
>>
File: luke-leia-kiss.jpg (37 KB, 630x338) Image search: [Google]
luke-leia-kiss.jpg
37 KB, 630x338
>>65104252
Eh... Did George even have the "I am your father" plot twist in mind when he wrote A New Hope? He seemed to be winging just about everything else like Leia being Luke's sister
>>
>>65104281
He literally invaded the ship of an Imperial fucking Diplomat at the start of A New Hope.
I knew you guys were retards but holy fucking shit at least watch the movies you're trying to argue about.
>>
>>65104337
Luke and Leia staying together even despite being bro and sis would have been hot as fuck.
>>
>>65104252
The first draft of Empire Strikes Back was written by Leigh Bracket and didn't include Vader being Luke's father. That wasn't developed until later drafts. The father/son thing between them wasn't planned from the start.

You can read a transcript of Leigh's draft here if you want too:

http://starwarz.com/starkiller/the-empire-strikes-back-first-draft-by-leigh-brackett-transcript/
>>
>>65104350
>basis his entire main antagonist of ANH on a 5 minute scene

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>65104322
No, that's a bit different. I think they meant Qui Jon might be a bit brasher, or some other personality type, not what he thinks about the Force.

I mean, you can tell they disapprove of how weird he acts. I think it's different than his interpretation of what creates the Force, though probably IS related to using it.
he cheats for sake, alot
>>
>>65104389
Lucas is as Lucas does
>>
>>65104389
Don't backtrack. Just be a man. You got proven horribly wrong.
>>
>>65104337
Well, I refuse to believe that it's just a coincidence that one of the main characters of the story is conveniently also named after the huge plot twist of said story, so I'm rather sure that George at least has kept it as a possibility
>>65104374
But that's only the first draft, before Lucas got to influene it.
>>
File: oreimo.gif (3 MB, 1091x650) Image search: [Google]
oreimo.gif
3 MB, 1091x650
>>65104357
Hell yeah
>>
>>65104389
>bases the entire 3rd movie of the original trilogy on one line another person wrote on the script of Empire Strikes Back
Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>65104421
>backtrack

What?
>>
>>65104374
>Luke turns bakc (sic) to the fight to see that Vader is rushing at him to deal the death-stroke. Valiantly Luke lifts his saber to parry; then as Vader’s blade comes streaking down, Luke deactivates his sabre and darts aside. Thrown momentarily off balance because the unexpected ruse and the lack of opposition to his blade, Vader is overbalanced. Luke leaps aside and over the railing into the shaft.

Even the fucking first draft has people use the turn on/off capabilities of sabers to their advantage, why does that never come up again
>>
File: j0kOsRL.jpg (68 KB, 531x720) Image search: [Google]
j0kOsRL.jpg
68 KB, 531x720
>>65104357
Who says they didnt?
>>
>>65104293
Sorry if I worded badly but that's what I'm saying. He wasn't named after the Dutch word.

In fact, in the very early draft of the first movie Darth Vader was a non Force using General of the Empire. Just your average bad guy. The cloaked Sith was originally a character called Prince Valorum. Lucas just ended up merging their characters over time.
>>
File: tumblr_n1be0l70Tv1tsf2bqo3_500.gif (182 KB, 413x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1be0l70Tv1tsf2bqo3_500.gif
182 KB, 413x360
>>65104452
>>
>>65104477
Can you imagine what the scene would look like?
People activating their lightsabers in the OT while stationary already looks jarring as fuck, I couldn't imagine what it looks like if both them were mobile.
>>
>>65104350
So, on the one side we have one 5 minute scene has soft proof that his name is supposed to be 'Darth Invader'
On the other side we have the major plot twist of the entire series as soft proof that his name is supposed to be 'Darth Father'
I go with the second theory
Of course, we can also merge the two and suggest that it was initially supposed to be Darth Invader, but then Lucas noticed the resemblance of Vader and Father and came up with the twist
>>
>>65104525
I think that's the major reason why they didn't utilize that- technological limits
>>
>>65104534
Lucas didn't come up with the twist though.
And certainly not while filming A New Hope.
Remember that literally no one thought A New Hope would be a success, it's why the Directors' Guild and Screenwriter's Guild let him off the hook with not having opening credits.
>>
>>65104494
So wait, Lukes father really was a good friend and not some autistic spaz?
>>
>>65104534
I know what you mean, but I'm starting to feel it really means to be Invader, especially with the naming schemes for all Sith, ever.

Darth Icky was HIS creation by the way
>>
>>65104436
But the father/son thing wasn't planned from the beginning. Much like Leia being Luke's sister wasn't. Writers develop new ideas as they work on stories and drafts over time.

Also, notice how Obi-Wan doesn't refer to his old pupil as "Vader" on the Death Star, as his identity. He calls him "Darth". Because Darth was originally the characters first name, not a title.

And notice how Luke sees no problem with announcing himself as Luke Skywalker, like he hasn't been raised to hide his name. Or had that name kept from him for his safety. Cause, originally, he didn't need to cause Vader wasn't a former Skywalker.

It started as a straight forward "avenge my dead father against the man who killed him" hero's quest, and just became better over time.
>>
>>65104654
>better

I dunno, reading about this Prince Volorum guy, Id rather this story.
>>
>>65104584
Obi-Wan was telling the truth!

George Lucas made him into a liar
>>
>>65104703
Bravo Lucas, you rused us all.
>>
>>65104357
Han/Luke/Leia bisexual polyamorous threesome ending would've been best.
>>
>>65104728
Chewbacca included?
>>
File: tumblr_nzrocyWFea1rix2dno1_1280.jpg (179 KB, 796x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzrocyWFea1rix2dno1_1280.jpg
179 KB, 796x900
>>65104746
Sure.
>>
>>65097222
>>65100366
Yet Windu was one of the two most influential Jedi in the entire galaxy.

Absolute poetry George.
>>
>>65098632
WE ARE... THE SENATE!
>>
>>65106087
Imagine all the clone army being Sheeves instead.
>>
>>65098600
it's cancer then.
>>
>>65107325
For you.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.