[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“I’ve spoken with Disney people, and they were completel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26
“I’ve spoken with Disney people, and they were completely blindsided by the reaction to the new Star Wars characters,” Marcotte went on to say. “They put a huge investment into marketing and merchandizing the Kylo Ren character. They presumed he would be the big breakout role from the film. They were completely surprised when it was Rey everyone identified with and wanted to see more of. Now they’re stuck with vast amounts of Kylo Ren product that is not moving, and a tidal wave of complaints about a lack of Rey items.”

>http://sweatpantsandcoffee.com/what-we-love/sweatpants-pop-culture/rey/

Holy shit, Disney is laden up with Crymo Ben because they thought he was going to be their new cash cow? He murdered Han Solo and Disney thought the parents were going to buy out the guy who killed their old icon?? Jesus christ
>>
>>65094405
What the hell is wrong with those lightsabers?
>>
>>65094405
>people like Rey
...why? I get why little girls like her, she's important and is the same as them in at least one category.

But, why would adults like her? Saying nothing about Ridley's performance, and leaving out the issue of Rey possibly being a Mary Sue I frankly think she is but again leaving that out, what was particularly likable or interesting about her character?

I mean, she has more character than BB-8, and I guess she's more interesting than Poe (aka "cool funny joke man"), but I'm much more interested in Ren or even Finn as characters. Rey just has nothing going for her.

Then again, the fact that she has a vagina probably plays a big part of it. I'm not claiming some SJW conspiracy to take muh star warz, but I can't imagine her being as popular as she is if she was a man.
>>
>>65095372

Looks like they are copies of Ezra's saber from Rebels.
>>
I thought people are jumping on Kylo Ren train. My normie friends love the shit outta him after the fucking SNL short.
>>
>>65095372
From a cartoon. They have a stun blaster on them. Ignore them.
>>
>>65095734

If the sjw part of it were true you'd think that Finn or Phasma would be equally popular. I think that Rey might be selling because as far as Star Wars is concerned little girls and their parents were a previously untapped market.
>>
>>65095734
>what was particularly likable or interesting about her character?

She's a qt

Also her male c ostars were manlets so she seemed more masculine than them when they were shown together
>>
Rey is my fav character, and I am a 38 year old single man. I want to be Rey, not Kylo Ren.
>>
>>65095787
That's been my experience too, all the fans I've talked too thought Kylo was the best character on the film. Internet wise he also seems to be the one with most hype
>>
>>65094405
How did Disney ok a movie with a girl and an unremarkable black guy with a jacket as the main characters if all they wanted was to sell toys to white boys?
>>
They should bring back Sheev.
>>
Well, at least I'll be able to pick up discount Kylo merch for my nephews. They give fuckall about Rey. They like Chewie, BB-8 and Kylo.
>>
>>65095851
>She's a qt
maybe when she doesn't smile too much. Fucking horse teeth man, instant bonerkiller.
>>
>>65095915

Because people can identify with characters outside of their race and gender.
>>
>>65095917
>SW 8
>Kylo is meditating
>sheev's ghost starts talking to him
oh god please

>>65095971
You say this, but feminuts are constantly demanding more inclusive media with one of the cited reasons being giving minority children more media role models. Normally I'd agree with you, but in this day and age it's become more and more acceptable to be openly racist and sexist if you mask it as "progress".
>>
>>65095734
she's earnest and sincere and tries to do the right thing
>>
the orbiter negro was more identifiable than rey. there are some stupid fucking kids out there if they like that character the most.
>>
>Marcotte

disregarded
>>
>>65095971
White men can, but everyone else gets triggered
>>
>>65096276
If I was a kid, I'd prefer to self-insert as the character that kick ass, not as the bumbling sidekick. Maybe that's why Finn's toys aren't selling
>>
>>65096207
As opposed to all of those lying cheating degenerate protagonists in action-adventure flicks?

I asked what was particularly likable or interesting about her, and you just gave generic protagonist traits. The only reason people are obsessing over her is because she has a vagina and is in SW. Fucking Starlord had more nuance.

>>65096276
this urban youth gets it

>>65096433
>If I was a kid
the key portion there. As endless "clever" videos have pointed out, many, if not the majority of, SW fans are adults.
>>
the ball robot is the best new character
>>
>>65094405
What a bunch of retards.

They essentially made another one of their perfect Disney Princesses, actioned her up and stuck her into cinema's biggest franchise and they're surprised normies lapped it up?

Don't they remember Frozen?

How can a bunch of retards have so much money?
>>
>>65094405
It's bullshit marketing you retard.
>>
>he would be the big breakout role
>he is a bad guy
>he isn't in many scenes compared to the fucking main characters
what did you think was gonna happen?
>>
>>65095959
She never smiled in the movie though did she? 99% of the audience are probably unaware of her smile problem.
>>
And no kid wants the nigger :(
>>
They don't want to sell Rey merchandise because she doesn't have a mask. Kylo is a fictional character, he doesn't use Adam's face so they don't have to pay him shit.

Same reason there's a ton of Plasma merch. Doesn't use a face. Not like she mattered in the least in the movie.
>>
>>65095971
Clearly they cant, cause this movie needed a women and a black man just to please the audiences.
>>
>Kylo is a joke character, the entire internet making fun of him and his pissbaby tendencies
>Think kids want him

What exactly did he do in the movie that was relateable to kids

I was turned around watching the theatre reactions Han Solo death scene since I knew it was coming and most of the kids were shocked/crying. One kid had to leave.

Why the fuck would they want toys of him?
>>
>>65096867
Who were the two best characters in the movie which was infinitely better than the prequels which are only liked by 4chan to be contrary/they secretly want to be like Anakin, the mary sue emo fuck
>>
>>65095971
Guess what. They cant.
>>
>>65096761
Sure, I'm just saying she isn't really a qt.

There's that part in the beginning where Bodega mentions Luke, and she goes from almost looking serious to this goofy fucking grin, it just irks me so much I don't even know why. Every time she smiles with teeth it just looks over-exaggerated and ridiculous, like she's posing for a selfie during GIRLS NIGHT.
>>
>>65095971
>Because people can identify with characters outside of their race and gender.
That's interesting cause this fifteen year old girl says otherwise.
>>
>>65096786
Only because he's a bumbling step-n-fetch it. No kid wants Booster.

When I was a kid the most popular toys were the Will Smith ones for Men in Black and Independence Day.
>>
>>65094405
fake and gay shill shit. Piss off.
>>
>>65097069
Oh that is a bad post to make without a picture of a 15 year old girl anon
>>
>>65097100
This. Finn merchandise would sell like hot cakes if he was a serious soldier and Force user.
>>
>>65094405
They're selling lots of toys of that space pilot guy, since he's the only character in the movie that the 70% white male fan audience related to.

So JJ will make him gay in the second ep as punishment.
>>
File: 1448905716517.jpg (202 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448905716517.jpg
202 KB, 1056x1080
>>65096926
>rey
>good character
APEX KEK
>>
>>65097300
I know grills are scary anon
>>
>>65097230
>JJ is directing ep. VIII

When is this meme going to stop?
>>
>>65094405
A lot of people like Kylo Ren. Mostly teenage girls, because teenagers gonna teenage.

But it's absolutely stupid of Disney to think that kids would flock to the guy who killed his father. And it's all the more annoying how people are using the toy demand into their sjw narrative.

I don't even dislike Rey. It's just annoying how the whole toy stupidity is incorporated into tumblr sjw issues.
>>
File: 1453063629009.png (236 KB, 586x476) Image search: [Google]
1453063629009.png
236 KB, 586x476
>>65097319
>say rey is a shit character
>lol stop beeng such a my soggy kneeist XD
"good one"
>>
I thought Finn and Poe were the 'breakout' characters?

Poe has gotten his own comic spin-off off the back of his brief screen time.
>>
>>65097451
>It's just annoying how the whole toy stupidity is incorporated into tumblr sjw issues.

this has always been a thing, though. Keeping boy/girls separate in terms of toys. It's why Teen Titans and Young Justice got canceled - girls liked it too much and that made execs unhappy because they actually wanted ONLY the male audience.

They've always done it, people are just being more vocal about how it's executive bullshit designed to make it easier to sell to kids and force parents to buy separate toys for boys and girls
>>
>>65097563
They gave his parents a comic that was kinda weird. Luke gave Poe's mom a force tree.
>>
>>65097230
Space pilot guy was a breakout character. He looked charming, had a quest, and was a good pilot. People just like competent good guys, anon. He's guac btw
>>
>>65097547
>says rey is a good character
>implying picture, offers no actual rebuttal
>implying you're not one

The only complaint is that she's a Mary Sue/Too Manly which to be honest is soggy knees
>>
>believing this

The only merchandise I don't see moving is Finn Dindu's. Sounds more like feminist supset the big female star isn't actually well liked so now they want to pretend Disney can't stop selling her merchandise.
>>
File: 1442992148957.jpg (35 KB, 208x312) Image search: [Google]
1442992148957.jpg
35 KB, 208x312
>>65097563
>Poe has gotten his own comic spin-off off the back of his brief screen time.
>>
>>65097655
What merchandise
>>
>>65097582
>It's why Teen Titans and Young Justice got canceled - girls liked it too much and that made execs unhappy because they actually wanted ONLY the male audience
Seriously?
>>
>>65095787
>i like a character ironically
>children who buy toys should also like kylo ironically

you are retarded
>>
>>65094405
My wifes son loves his rey costume. He wants to find a boy like Finn to play star wars with.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1452453205119.jpg (6 KB, 247x180) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1452453205119.jpg
6 KB, 247x180
>>65095778
>>65095796
>rebels
>>
>>65094405
This thread is insane. She's the goddamn main character, she's white, cute, tough, etc etc. She's the main character, a mary sue you can put yourself into, etc. her rival isn't Darth Vader or something.

Sure, we all like to be a bit edgy but Kylo wasn't enough.
>>
>>65097451
It wasnt some manufactured controversy, it was nearly impossible to find rey merchandise in stores BEFORE CHRISTMAS when the fucking movie came out.

The only way to get it was online, and the markup was insane, assuming you could get it delivered in time for christmas.

That was an organic reaction, not some SJW controversy. And you're a massive faggot for thinking it was.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1452472877989.jpg (17 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1452472877989.jpg
17 KB, 240x320
>>65094405
WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY.

>uhh, guys, rey is totes the best charachter. JJ Abrams himself told me. Just look at these merchandise sales i just made up!
>>
>>65097621
>Too Manly
literally have never heard anyone claim this. I'm not saying it hasn't be spoken, I've just never heard it, and I've been well entrenched in TFA arguing/funposting for some time.

Plus, I'm willing to bet that if Rey was actually a lumbering Svetlana she-hulk, the demographic most turned off would be young girls. I guess they're misogynistic?

>mary sue
>Ms. Ogynistic
How? Whether she is or not, it has nothing to do with the fact that she has a vagina. I might argue the reason they made her a mary sue was to pander to the GURL POWER market, but that's a secondary point.
>>
>>65097704
Yeah, there's interviews from Genn and the Teen Titans guys on it I read a while back. I don't have sources but google could supply you probably.

Cartoon Network LOVED Teen Titans. Millions of viewers every new episode, people adored it. They never wanted to cancel it and Terra's story was supposed to be fulfilled.
>>
>>65097889
You're a massive faggot for not seeing how it's now used in sjw narratives.
>>
It was legit impossible to find any Rey stuff around Christmas when I was shopping for all the kids in my family. BB-8 was scarce too. There was tons of Kylo and stacks upon stacks of Finn. I live in an extremely rich and white part of Upstate NY though, so I don't know if it was the same other places when it comes to absolutely no one buying the Finn stuff.
>>
File: b8 for the b8 god.webm (464 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
b8 for the b8 god.webm
464 KB, 1280x720
>>65097582
>>65097704
>>65098009
>Disney canceled a show raking in massive coin because girls liked it
You'll have to try a bit harder
>>
File: 1451977868140.jpg (59 KB, 597x582) Image search: [Google]
1451977868140.jpg
59 KB, 597x582
>>65095959
>>
>>65098056
You're a massive faggot for not being able to tell the difference.

You've spent too much time online dude. The whole 4chan attitude has corrupted your entire worldview. I suggest going outside and interacting with actual humans instead of the fucking degenerates that promote their agenda online all day long.

You can do it champ! The real world isnt scary.
>>
>>
File: 1453157899521.png (947 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1453157899521.png
947 KB, 474x503
>>
>>65098159
>>65098209
Jesus Christ close that horrifying gaping maw you terrifying britbong strumpet.
>>
>>65098177
The funny thing is that it's the same thing when you go outside. Good job being delusional.
>>
Adults/teenager fans like Kylo because he's an amusing character, but I don't think kids see that. They just see the bad guy who isn't cool like Vader and also killed one of the good guys.

I think OP is bullshitting though. A lot of kids buy the merch without ever seeing the actual movies, they just play the games and watch the cartoons, and to them Kylo Ren looks like a cool sith lord villain because they haven't seen his actual face.
>>
>>65098098
Writer/producer Paul Dini recently joined Kevin Smith on his Fatman on Batman podcast. They got on the topic of Dini’s work on Warner Bros. animated projects, which is vast, and discussed how the recently cancelled Cartoon Network series Young Justice was a lot like Dini’s work from 10-years ago (like Batman Beyond). It had storylines that went throughout the season and really built on top of each other. Dini went on to explain:

>But then, there’s been this weird—there’s been a sudden trend in animation, with super-heroes. Like, ‘It’s too old. It’s too old for our audience, and it has to be younger. It has to be funnier.’ And that’s when I watch the first couple of episodes of Teen Titans Go!, it’s like those are the wacky moments in the Teen Titans cartoon, without any of the more serious moments. ‘And let’s just do them all fighting over pizza, or running around crazy and everything, ’cause our audience—the audience we wanna go after, is not the Young Justice audience any more. We wanna go after little kids, who are into—boys who are into goofy humor, goofy random humor, like on Adventure Time or Regular Show. We wanna do that goofy, that’s where we’re going for.’”

Dini goes on to mention how the Young Justice stories were much more teenager-oriented but the trend is to hit younger audiences with the newer shows. He said, “They’re all for the boys, we do not want the girls! I mean, I’ve heard executives say this, you know, not where I am but at other places, saying like, ‘We do not want girls watching these shows.” When Smith pointed out that was a strange move because, well, women are 51% of the population, Dini said, “They don’t buy toys. The girls buy different toys.”

wow that took all of 3 seconds to google
>>
File: 1450674133983.jpg (89 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1450674133983.jpg
89 KB, 600x449
>>65094405
>They put a huge investment into marketing and merchandizing the Kylo Ren character. They presumed he would be the big breakout role from the film.

how do they explain the Phasma merch then?
>>
>>65095734

Her clothing/weapon design is a really cool and I don't blame women for latching on to a female lead in a series as iconic as star wars.

It's really that simple.
>>
File: 1451723230441.jpg (765 KB, 1170x1603) Image search: [Google]
1451723230441.jpg
765 KB, 1170x1603
>>65098159
>>65098209
>>65098240
shiggydiggy, here's proof she can be attractive if she just puts a lid on the Zarlacc.
>>
>>65098365
I think Gwen is a sweetheart so I hope she has a bigger role in the next movie. I don't remember a single thing she did in TFA other than when they said they were gonna throw her in the trash.
>>
>>65098097
nope, plenty of finn stuff around here near LA.
the only kylo ren stuff still around are that 3 feet tall figures and the die cast disney store stuff.
the only other die cast around is finn. the only black series figures are finn, too.
>>
File: 1450682764004.png (452 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450682764004.png
452 KB, 878x900
>>65098465
;_;
>>
>>65098264
You're adorable anon. I legitimately pity you.

But hey! keep up the good fight bro! Another 10 threads bitching about rey per day will surely put this genie back in the bottle!
>>
>>65098373
>I don't blame women for latching on to a female lead
I guess I just assumed women were smarter than that.

>inb4 >>>/r9k/
Not even memeing, I assumed women wouldn't buy into a mediocre bordering on shit character because they had the same genitals. Shows what I know, I guess.
>>
>>65098098
That's not bait, it's how it is. Action oriented toys sell badly with girl demographics. So action shows make more bank on just appealing to boys.

Boys get transformers, girls get MLP etc.
>>
>>65098536
Men are into Anakin who is the worst mary sue ever

She's mediocre to you because you hate women anon
>>
>>65094405
But they made Rey the main character and put her on all the posters and shit
What the fuck did they expect?
>>
File: 1452235796677.jpg (16 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1452235796677.jpg
16 KB, 478x373
>>65098595
>Men are into Anakin
speak for yourself faggot

>because you hate women
10/10, made me reply several times
>>
>>65097582
>It's why Teen Titans and Young Justice got canceled - girls liked it too much and that made execs unhappy because they actually wanted ONLY the male audience.
Because boys buy toys and girls don't.
>>
>>65094405
>MommmOMMOMmmommommymmom, Halloween is over more than 6 months away buy me a costume for Christmus!! I totally won't ask you for a new one come October!!
I hate to sound like Ole Man Jenkins but what the fuck is going? My parents would never have bought me a costume for some stupid franchise in December. Also that would have come across as queer in my 7yo mind. It would have been a shitty gift. Why not just get em a light saber?
>>
File: 1430380136073.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430380136073.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>65098517
Seriously, this is the first thread I ranted about it. I don't even hate Rey. I don't need your pity or your exclamation points.
>>
>>65095865
>I am a 38 year old single man
This board is so fucking depressing. I'm going to try to fall asleep before I think too much about how sad your life probably us or how likely it is that in a little over a decade I'll be in the same boat or worse.
>>
>>65098297
thanks for googling it for me!

that was my plan all along
>>
>>65098723
You haven't actually provided any basis for your claims you know
>>
>>65098297
And didn't demonstrate what you said. It was the opinion of that guy furnished with hearsay about alleged executives that weren't even at his company.
>>
>>65098831
That sucks, but I think some franchises are big enough and with larger enough demographics that this could happen, outside of Halloween. For the premiere of big name FRANCHISE movies, you always see people dressed up. Star Wars is probably the biggest example. Not sure about Harry Potter.
But yeah, getting a costume is normal
1. you buy kids presents and toys. a costume fits
2. for a movie premiere or screening, you might dress up
etc
>>
>>65098365
Phasma just looks cool. Also a lot of people still think she's a guy.
>>
>>65098831
Eh, a lot of kids like to dress up all of the time.
>>
File: 500656926.jpg (478 KB, 725x1024) Image search: [Google]
500656926.jpg
478 KB, 725x1024
>>65099055
she's my Force Awakensfu
>>
>>65098981
He moved to a different company dumbass he's not going to call out specific names and incite lawsuits when the SJW's find a specific target if he can't prove they said it
>>
>>65099055
>>65098365
Phasma is currently new Boba Fett. Looks cool in armor that stands out, we don't really know much else.
>>
File: 6fa.jpg (34 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
6fa.jpg
34 KB, 600x602
>>65098924
>asks what exactly people like about rey that can't be said about most action-adventure protags
>"sh-she has pretty clothes and a vagina!"
>say that's ridiculous, no way women can be that dumb
>"lol all men like this character generally recognized as bad, you're my soggy knee"
>don't generalize
>"lol back up your claims"

You've actually made more claims than I have.

>mfw I'm still replying
gotta hand it too you, anon, you got me hook line and sinker.
>>
>>65095734
She's a poor mans Keira Knightly/Natalie Portman. I find her face to be very plain, it's not ugly but there's nothing good about it either. She's a generic tough girl who suffers from being shoehorned into a movie by a feminist producer who didn't think to give her an interesting personality or noticeably relatable flaws for people to identity with. She's forced feminism. If you're gonna have a female lead which they needed for SW ngl, get someone to write her properly, critics are letting them off because muh femenism but she's a shit lead character female or not and that's saying something when sw leads have never been anything special desu. She's basically white bread, not the charming kind either. Shes encapsulates the entire movie for me, dull.
>>
>>65099348
This. Anakin was a shit protagonist, prequel shitposters get the fuck out, but at least he had fucking character flaws.
>>
>>65097563
Poe's just a wedge rip-off. Marvel need a new Star Wars title now Kanans wrapping up and they can't do a series about Finn or Rey because that's movie territory nowadays. So they're stuck with Poe. His parents were boring and stole the limelight in shattered empire that should have been about han luke and leia and now their sons back to torment us with mcu tier quips and literally nothing else.
>>
Its fucking made up.

It's a lie.

It's a lie to generate continous buzz about this shitfest movie.

It's a lie to continue the tired argument of how women are somehow inferior to men.

it's a lie to make idiots buy more star wars shit

its a lie to make more money

its a lie thats just spread on coordinated social media posts

its a lie

its all a lie
>>
They should have had him not remove his helmet until the Han scene.
>>
>>65095734
She's literally a male obiwan kenobi. That's it.

They both sound and act the same, and they've both wrecked skywalkers.

So if you like obiwan, you should in theory like Rey. And let's be honest, obi wan is just as much of a gary stu. Dude wrecked two siths and a jedi terminator robot.

So yeah, I heart Vaginawan Kenobi.
>>
>>65099348
>She's a poor mans Keira Knightly/Natalie Portman.

They were already poor and had even less character.
>>
File: ANAKIN.jpg (46 KB, 490x450) Image search: [Google]
ANAKIN.jpg
46 KB, 490x450
>>65099481
>This. Anakin was a shit protagonist, but at least he had fucking character flaws.

He was nothing but flaws.
>>
>>65099610
But women are inferior to men
>>
Reaaallllyyy hope they show Kylo being a stronger character and less of the whiny bitch boi type he was in tfa.
>>
>>65096504
>attacking a guy answering your stupid question

See this is how I know you're a fuckig shitposter looking to argue. The guy have you an honest answer but you sperged anyway.

Truth is, there is no right answer for you. YOU have already decided to dislike her, so someone giving their opinion is pointless because you'll be a retarded faggot regardless of what is stated.
>>
File: tumblr_o18840XFsb1ud36pbo1_1280.png (893 KB, 936x912) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o18840XFsb1ud36pbo1_1280.png
893 KB, 936x912
>>65099839
I don't, the porn's tremendous
>>
>>65094405
>Now they’re stuck with vast amounts of Kylo Ren product that is not moving
BULLSHIT
>>
>>65099481
The flaws were in the writing for Anakin, not the character.
>>
>>65099824
[X] Murders women and children
>>
>>65096414
>White men can
They are the first ones to throw hissy fits when nonwhites are cast
>>
>>65096504
>can't like a good guy character because they act like other good guy characters

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>65099872
So, disagreeing with someone is "sperging", now?He expressed a view, I responded as to why I didn't agree, so I'm... looking to argue?

>>65099935
I don't know, I'd chalk up "narcissistic asshole brat who murders entire villages in bouts of anger" to character flaws. There were flaws in his writing as well, no question, but the idea of a purposefully flawed character was there beneath the literal shit that was AotC.

>>65099979
>white men collectively
>doing anything
here's your (You)
>>
>>65099512
>Poe's just a wedge rip-off

Considering Wedge is barely a character in films, I doubt anybody cares.
>>
>>65100067
Not him but you're here two hours later arguing, I'd say it's a safe bet that you're probably looking to argue.

I however am watching LOGH on another tab, how bout you chill out too?
>>
>>65099906
>top Kylo

The real top here is my kek.
>>
>>65100174
I don't even think casuals remember Wedge at all.
>>
>>65099741
Wut? The guy gets his butt kicked all the time. Dooku always fucked him up.
>>
>>65100067
You can't disagree with him you fucking retard because YOU ASKED why someone would like the character. You aren't arguing against facts or anything, you askes for a SUBJECTIVE opinion. No one on their right mind would stoop to havingto justify why they like something just so you can be a turd burglar. We have nothing to gain from such a conversation. Only you do with your asshattery.

It was literally the equivalent of

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!

>>65100067
>Asshole brat who murders a village of worthless savages who murder raped his mom
>flawed

Nigger that's the most sane thing he did in the entire trilogy.
>>
File: 1452457432310.jpg (34 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1452457432310.jpg
34 KB, 523x521
>>65096414
White men absolutely can't.

They're so used to being the hero in every movie that they lose their shit when the protagonist is anyone else.

It's actually caused a crisis among white men, because movies have been force-feeding you the message since you were a kid that you HAVE to be the Chosen One and do something great or else your life is meaningless.

That's why suicide rates and school shootings are so high among white males.

You basically undergo an existential crisis because you've been told since birth that you're the star in your own life movie, so when you don't experience that transformative hero's journey or that girl who loves you for being the underdog you see yourself as, the frustration consumes you and you go balls out in desperation.
>>
>>65100260
>you've been told since birth that you're the star in your own life movie

But, we are though
>>
>>65094405
what about dindu nufFinn, man?

WUT BOUT FINN
>>
>>65094405
>They were completely surprised when it was Rey everyone identified with
SHE'S THE FUCKING MAIN CHARACTER
>>
>>65100067
Good for you for not agreeing, but that guy doesn't give a shit if you don't like the opinion you asked for. Asking someone to justify what they like is the definition of just looking to argue because nothing anyone says is going to convince you to change your mind.

It's literally retardes to ask someone why they like something, and then tell them those reasons are wrong. Literally fucking kill yourself you tremendous fucking faggot.
>>
>>65098536

>I guess I just assumed women were smarter than that.

Kids went crazy over fucking Darth Maul when he came out and he is the biggest non-character in the entire series.
>>
>>65100334
>that guy doesn't give a shit if you don't like the opinion you asked for
That's... fine. He can care about whatever he wants, I just had something I felt I could say in response and said it. Why is this an issue? Would you rather I start shitposting about whether Chinese audiences like black people?
>>
They're trying to make the idea that people want Rey more a literal meme when that isn't the case at all. She's fucking boring and no one I know have a shit about her.
>>
File: 893.jpg (82 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
893.jpg
82 KB, 1024x640
>plebs prefer Rey over Ren

Of course. They're plebs.
>>
File: tumblr_o0m9enNVcd1ud36pbo1_1280.png (519 KB, 783x873) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0m9enNVcd1ud36pbo1_1280.png
519 KB, 783x873
>>65100208
Consider though, Hux is definitely the High Class Daddy In Power All Boys Private School guy who constantly took dick behind the schoolyard whether he wanted to or was just apathetic about it

Also Kylo would try to top to prove his Power and suck at it, hence Hux smirking and live tweeting about it
>>
>>65094405

>http://sweatpantsandcoffee.com

Sounds like a totally reliable source.

BTW, retail buyer fag here. The Kylo Ren merch is still the most popular SW7 products aside from BB-8.

Clearly this author is lying. Ask yourself why.
>>
>>65100613
okay random anon with no verifiable proof
>>
>>65095734
My kids play as darth vader or kylo ren, two girls and two boys. or if they are playing with guns they play as chewie.
>>
>>65100688
Yeah my wifes son enjoys the Kylo toys I got for him
>>
This seems fake. At least the part about Kylo Ren's toys not selling. I'm not sure where his stuff is apparently "backlogged" because all of his Black Edition figures, etc are completely gone every time I glance into toy sections. And I've been in multiple stores. This is the story I keep hearing from other people too.

I'm not surprised people want more Rey, though. She has a very marketable design, so I'm surprised they didn't run with it. Her look is more unique than Luke's and prequel Anakin's.
>>
>>65095865
LOL
>>
>>65100613
>>65100818
This. Kids are flocking to the Kylo Ren merch. He's a cool vader 0.2 appearance-wise(with mask on).
>>
>>65100818
I never see his stuff either. There were discussions on that just a little while back. Ren's appears to be selling.
>>
>>65099512
Poe is much, much more than a Wedge rip-off, he's managing to be cocky without being all macho and hurr durr I'm a tough guy. Under his humor he's a caring individual and not afraid to show it and that's refreshing.
>>
>>65094405
Not to mention showing Drivers ugly deformed face in the first movie.
>>
>>65095734

She's the main fucking character duh. Doesn't help that the other two are A) Black and B) Barely a character
>>
>>65100681

>okay random anon with no verifiable proof

OP detected.

99% of the time, in topics like this one, the OP is spamming links their own website for hits.

A visit to any toy store proves that I am right.
>>
File: 1452826472094.png (481 KB, 553x827) Image search: [Google]
1452826472094.png
481 KB, 553x827
>>65094405
>one on the right
>not holding the hilt properly
>mfw
>>
SW Collector Here.

There's no increased demand for Rey figures. They are just in short supply because Hasbro hasn't shipped many to begin with. They know that female characters don't sell.
>>
>>65095865
>now that everyone knows I'm a sensitive male I can finally get laid, online!
>>
>>65095796
jesus christ
>>
>>65095372
It's a pretty cool idea. I guess the top of the sword can shoot out shells or something. I saw a bit of the cartoon, and it sadly seems to move really slowly and do nothing. Would be cool if it were like a full on blaster though.
>>
>>65101821
>I saw a bit of the cartoon, and it sadly seems to move really slowly and do nothing.

You need to see the new trailer anon. Shit is going fucking down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJyxPDEvo9U

I too felt this last season was kinda dull but they are looking to ramp shit the fuck up.
>>
>>65101854
Yeah, that's the only material I saw. I haven't seen the show itself, but the trailer made me really want to check it out.

The only thing that ever stops me is knowing that the series is relegated to inferiority and obscurity because of its need to adhere to the overarching plot.
>>
File: 1435121456983.png (295 KB, 670x700) Image search: [Google]
1435121456983.png
295 KB, 670x700
>>65098159
>Daisy Ridley will never use her massive buck teeth to give you a traditional Jewish circumcision, gently gripping your treyf foreskin with her mammoth sized gums while gently sliding her probing tongue around your shriveled little shofka, sending a wave of pleasure up your spine that quickly turns to soul shattering pain as your poor little shtrungool has its man-hood ripped off by Daisy's ravenous maw.
>You will never scream in agony and horror as you watch your poor little hapeen tip disappear into Daisy Ridley's mouth, writhing in pain against your restraints as she munches on your man-flesh like a baklava served as a Sabbath snack
>You will never feel pain turn to incredible pleasure as Daisy finishes the ritual by gently placing her mouth on the tip of your bloodied smock and starts to suck the blood out of your noticeably stiffening and now kosher manhood
>You will never bust a massive load of blood and cum deep into Daisy Ridley's throat, surprising her so much she nearly begins to choke from the sheer volume of your release even though this certainly is not her first rodeo.
>You will not see her struggle to take your load as waves of ecstasy rush through your body, while your kosher binhi squirts out of her nostrils like a little shlacka eating his gefilti fish and laughing so hard the milk comes out his schnoz
>Daisy will never nearly choke to death on your cock cream and look like she's about to bite off the rest of your shmeckle in revenge, only to sheathe her oral Covenant-enforcer and gently clean your puttered out putzkah with her tongue, and then bandage your little money lender and kiss you on the head goodnight, while you drift off into sleep as she moves on to the next poor bubbeleh and his screams fill the halls of the yeshivah on the first day of Jewish boarding school,

Why even live?
>>
File: 1453222892202.jpg (90 KB, 847x451) Image search: [Google]
1453222892202.jpg
90 KB, 847x451
I'm sick of people using Kylo Ren's character traits against him. Yeah, he's a petulant child that throws temper tantrums. We know, that's the fucking point.
>>
>>65096414
all the white males on this board are always super triggered everytime they see a non-white person or a female in any movie though
>>
>>65101854
I'm skeptical. Even if they want to go balls out, the low budget is going to limit things. TCW spoiled me.
>>
>>65097874
Can I put myself into her, anon? Because I do want to.
>>
>>65099610
wew lad
nice image
I tip my fedora to you enlightened gentlesir
*tip*
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.