[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this fucking interview I have never seen Colbert so angry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled-1.jpg (198 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
198 KB, 800x450
>this fucking interview

I have never seen Colbert so angry before. Is T. J. Miller the biggest asshole in comedy today?
>>
>>65065959

What does TJ Miller have to do with comedy?
>>
>>65065959
link?

Not the Nintendo game
>>
>>65065959
What happened?
>>
>>65066030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9Ykc4g-2Y
>>
>>65065959
He didn't look pissed at all. But good job making me watch I didnt even know colbert had shills on /tv/
>>
>>65066166
>obvious tension
>cuts the interview short and ends the guy's stupid bit before it's done
Yeah, right, business as usual. Colbert is usually so jolly, this fuckwit obviously got to him.
>>
Colbert is really shit and couldn't roll with the punches.

He clearly really wanted to rek TJ after TJ got egg everywhere but welp,

Colbert's no Letterman
>>
Nice shill. Now show how 'upset' Leterman was by Borat
>>
>>65065959
All of his interviews go like this. I personally find it funny.
>>
>>65066166
everything has shills on 4chan.
>>
>>65065959
Wait, is TJ Miller a prop comic?

He could learn a thing or two from Carrot Top.
>>
>>65066487
maybe carrot top could learn a thing or two from TJ. I mean he was in a billion dollar movie and carrot top got rekt by Norm McDonald. Chairman of the BORED
>>
>>65066487
But Colbert is like the Carrot Top of interviewers.
>>
>>65066610
no thats clearly Jimmy Fallon and all his stupid games and bits he does while laughing like a drunk 14 year old seeing boobies for the first time.
>>
>>65066220
yeah I remember how Letterman used to roll with the punches by simply walking off when the guests tried to make the show all about themselves
>>
Honestly he's right, awards ARE for children. It's like Trophies/Cheevos for vidya.
>>
>>65065959
He's a dollar store Sam Hyde
>>
>>65066122
is he fucking autistic what the fuck?
>>
>>65065959
>that moment where he's the only one laughing and it's deathly quiet
actually painful to watch
>>
>>65066945
>admitting you watch the critic's choice awards
keksimusmaximus
>>
>>65066862
I've never seen that before on one of these shows, they usually laugh at anything
>>
>In unrelated news, Silicon Valley, the hot new promissing show from HBO has been cancelled.
>>
>>65066779
yes, and it's great
>>
>>65066634

Letterman was a hack
>>
>>65066122
>that was a good movie
>IT WAS A GREAT FILM

one of us?
>>
>>65066862

That's because for some reason, he started laughing before his own punch line.
>>
>>65066122
G I M M I C K
I
M
M
I
C O M I C
K
>>
Jesus what a massive faggot and tool.

I would be pissed too if someone broke an egg on my $3,000 suit in an attempt to get people to laugh at his stupid comedy bit.
>>
>I would love to be LOUD JAZZ STARTS PLAYING
>>
>>65066665
you mean popular for being ugly and relatable to reddit/4chan?
>>
>>65068246
>popular

Don't even go that far. No one would know who he was if he didn't shitpost crossboard and make 1000 view meme videos.
>>
>>65068134
>that moment when you realize this asshole's shirt isn't tucked in, he misbuttoned his suit, and he has some kind of yellow shit on his pants

eyes, bulging
>>
>>65068134
>muh expensive suits

I'm sure the network clothes him, and cheap suits look identical at a glance.
I will never understand the importance of expensive suits.
>>
>that complete silence when he said egg on his face
>>
>>65066122
What the fuck was that at 3:40-3:55?

Was he going to talk about something then Colbert comes out with the hands, and he shushes Colbert and Colbert shushes Miller? I guess it's because they said just not talk and drip.
>>
>>65068415
THEEEEE OOOOOOOOOLLLDDD EEEEEGG ON THE FAAAACCEE

*crickets*
>>
>>65068388
its a mating thing.
>>
>>65068415
I didn't understand the idioms he said before. I don't think I've heard of them and he didn't say it clearly enough, so the audience totally missed the set-up of the joke, and instead we're just seeing him hit himself with an egg.

But you can't really half-ass it at that point.
>>
>>65068388

You clearly don't have money. The difference between expensive and cheap items is monumentous for those who can afford both.
>>
>>65068388
Colbert's suit probably costs more than you make in a month.
>>
>>65068388
It's more about the fact that it could be Colbert's personal suit. It could be his favorite. It could cost $100 or $3,000. The issue is that Miller would be such an asshole to carelessly ruin it forever for a dumb egg joke. Hell it was barely a joke, it's the same as actually knocking on wood when you say "knock on wood".

Just plain disrespectful is all.
>>
>>65066122
Miller's jokes were bombing hard with the audience (by design? playing into the bit about his wife) and then he pulled out the egg. Looked like they were having a good time by the end though.
>>
>>65068134
>3,000 when you're a multimillionaire

Waaaaaaah
Waaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>65068388
You underestimate the power of egotism.
>>
>>65068643
See
>>65068627
>>
>>65068613
and yet they're both crumbling to dust at every second
>>
>>65068613
>>65068578
I have enough to have purchased a 3k suit and worked in offices before, but I have never popped a boner or whatever normalfags are supposed to do over suits.

I understand the tailoring aspect, a well-fitted suit is amazing, but you can get that done cheap as well so the only conclusion I can make is over-priced materials and tailors.
>>
>>65068627
>ruin it forever
It's an egg. Shouldn't it come right out in the wash?
>>
>>65065959
TJ Miller has serious health problems and will likely die within a decade. He doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: southparkannouncer.png (160 KB, 769x432) Image search: [Google]
southparkannouncer.png
160 KB, 769x432
>guy who is only funny acting as an autistic fuck, acts autistic and is not funny irl
>>
>>65068643
celebs are high ego assholes who probably aren't used to getting manhandled and their personal space easily violated
>>
>>65068715
You can't wash a suit. Even having it dry cleaned doesn't get rid of marks. I spilled a few drops of water on my suit, and the marks still won't come out.
>>
>>65068682
>RESPEK NIGGA RESPEK

Respect is such a dumb concept
>>
>>65068726
what?
>>
>>65068748
>hurr celebrities are pussies because they don't like getting their clothes ruined
>if I was rich I wouldn't care if someone ruined my possessions, big pussy Colbert
>>
>>65068729
I laughed at the video.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>65068779
to be fair, he did make enough money to replace the suit ten times over the duration of the skit.
>>
>>65068773
Okay, some guy walks up to you in the middle of a restaurant. He says, "Egg on my head" and smashes an egg, getting it all over your shirt, it's ruined. The shirt was a gift, but you still liked it a lot.

How do you feel? Laugh at the "joke"?

But no, people should just walk all over you, people can wreck my possessions all they want and I'll laugh, because durr who cares it funny xD
>>
Yes, he is the biggest troll ever.
I've seen him on some news channel and they just couldn't handle him, absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>65068814
Maybe it was his own suit. Maybe he really liked it. Why is it okay to ruin his shit as a joke just because he's rich? Should I be able to walk into your house and smash your laptop if you can afford another one?
>>
Colbert wasn't angry at all. I actually thought that was funny as hell and I usually hate tj miller
>>
File: 1453201613739.jpg (38 KB, 505x645) Image search: [Google]
1453201613739.jpg
38 KB, 505x645
Why does Colbert look like his inner lizardman is about to burst out in this?
>>
>>65068872
>Should I be able to walk into your house and smash your laptop if you can afford another one?
Might want to work on figuring out what is and isn't equivalent.
>>
>>65068572

U foreign or just stupid?
>>
>>65068941
Are you literally 11?
>>
>>65065996
lel. this
>>
>>65068836
Now pretend that same person was mentally handicapped.
Are you going to get mad and make a scene in a public place and look like an idiot over your shirt because a mentally handicapped person didnt know what he was doing?

Or a bomb goes off and your shirt is ruined from blood and dirt.

It's a material object, it can be mended or replaced.
I had someone knock my motorcycle over and the only damage they did was break an indicator which is 50 bucks to replace. They acted as if they just killed my family. I just asked for the 50 and was on my way.
>>
>>65068836
That wouldn't make any sense since I'm in a restaurant as a private citizen

If it was a comedian I invited on my show then no I wouldn't care
>>
>>65068946
>Colbert should get his suits ruined because he can afford 10 more suits
>I should be able to ruin your T-shirt because you can afford 10 more

It's such a stupid logic. You're literally arguing there's nothing wrong with ruining someone else's possessions because they can afford more.

Should you be able to beat the shit out of Colbert's car with a baseball bat because he could afford 10 more, too?

I'm not even a Colbert fan, but I think it's absurd anyone defends this retarded shit.
>>
File: 1404424700689.jpg (47 KB, 560x422) Image search: [Google]
1404424700689.jpg
47 KB, 560x422
>>65066122
Colbert is a stiff ass faggot. Letterman would have run with it like a champ
>>
That was so painful to watch. I remember this guy as HUD in the Cloverfield and hated him then.

Colbert obviously hates this interview and wants it to end. Not letting the dude finish his horrible Skelton bit that never made sense to begin with and then shushing him before that.

The dude wasn't funny at all and nothing made sense. "OMG I'm a loud mouth, I'll say whatever I want and I'm SO random" type comedy never was funny to me.

Fuck that guy he is a douche.
>>
>>65068627
I actually knock on wood though. I don't want wood spirits hearing a bad thing I said might happen and making it come true.
>>
>>65069055

You upset because he's a major qt and an alpha?
>>
>>65069030
No, but being mentally handicapped has nothing to do with it. TJ Miller is not mentally handicapped.

I wouldn't freak out of someone was apologetic, I would do exactly what you did. But I would be pretty upset if someone knocked over my motorcycle and did $50 of damage on purpose, as a joke.
>>65069034
Okay, let's say you invite someone over to your house then. They have free reign to ruin your shit?
>>
You think people intelligent enough to watch Stephen Colbert would understand the multi-layered comedy of TJ Miller's talk show appearances.
>>
>>65069041
It was an accident you autist, otherwise he would have smashed the egg on Colbert.
Do you get mad when someone's sprinklers hit you on the sidewalk?
>>
He's clinically depressed he's got the eyes I know them eyes
>>
>>65069085
No because that's my house as a private citizen, again if I invite a comedian on a comedy show then no I wouldn't care

I think you don't understand what context is
>>
>>65069065
That's okay, I do too. But to laugh out loud when you do it and think it constitutes a joke is basically what TJ Miller was doing.
>>
>>65069097
>intelligent enough to watch Stephen Colbert

fucking lmao
>>
Stephen was passing some real passive aggressive vibes toward the end of this. In his defense, I think TJ Miller is very funny, in an unusual way, and I think Stephen appreciated that. I think that TJ brought both the egg and the skeleton hands without warning the producers and hence Stephen felt a little undermined.
>>
TJ Miller is one of the funniest and smartest human beings on the planet. Anyone who thinks he's a tool needs to lighten up and realize that this is a performance. I highly recommend checking out his stand up, there are few better than him going today.
>>
>>65069074
Steven pls go away
>>
>>65069074
Stop posting TJ
>>
>>65069121

Yes... he is a "fucking nothing in comedy or movies." Let's look at his IMDB: How to train your dragon, Silicon Valley, Transformers, Big Hero 6, Deadpool. So, a hit HBO series and 3 (Almost 4) blockbuster movies.... Yup, he's a "fucking nothing" And let's not forget before this he was already an established Stand Up comic
>>
>>65069153
TJ plz, let it go
>>
>>65069179
t. Stephen
>>
>>65069122
>>65069153
>TJ defense force in full order
DUDE TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP OF UTAH LMAO
HE'S SO RANDOM! OMG THESE ARE NOT NORMAL THINGS HE'S SAYING! WHOAAAAAAA

TJ Miller is one of the least funny """""""""""""comedians""""""""""""" alive.
>>
>>65069154
>>65069160

This just goes to show how little actual research anyone does. TJ goes nuts on almost every single talk show appearance ever. If this caught them by surprise it's pretty obvious they didn't even bother watching another of his interviews. If anything TJ is consistent in his crazy so at least if a talk show is looking to book someone a little bit nuts they would know he will deliver.
>>
>>65068964
No I'm literally not but evidently you are considering you can't handle opinions different than yours. It was funny
>>
>>65069183
Someone needs to lighten up and realize this is a performance. I highly recommend checking out his stand up, there are few better than him going today.
>>
>>65069205

He does physical comedy. It's who he is. He didn't change for this interview, so he's not trying hard, he's doing what he's always done
>>
>>65069229
You should check out Deadpool, you'll like it a lot I think ;)
>>
>>65068340
>>65068340
>some kind of yellow shit on his pants

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. This guy was a terrible guest, slovenly, disrespectful, and not funny. Prop humor? Jesus Christ. That being said I think Colbert handled it really well, saved everyone some cringe by ending it early.
>>
TJ Miller wants to be the next Tim Heidecker so bad.
>>
>>65069205

It's an effort to be unique. No one else does it. And look, now people are talking about it
>>
>>65069256
>smashing eggs is what is now considered physical comedy
>rubbing a face with skeleton hands is now considered physical comedy
Okay. Why are either of those things funny at all? Is there a joke there?
>>
>>65066122
>>65065959
Once again autistic faggots on /tv/ entirely misread a situation and blow things way out of proportion.
Nice thread OP.
>>
>>65069266
>>65069293

Complexity lacks 'Comp' and more 'exity' in this. What TJ was symbolizing was our human brains as eggs (it's essentially what our brains are. This is a whole other thing if you want to get into it, but I don't feel up for it being on Youtube and all) and consuming TV shows like Critics Choice is equivalent to smashing our brains. It was a statement without speaking. But mainstream audiences and Stephen wouldn't have understood that. So dumb for the majority of course, but it was done for his fans. Ya dig?
>>
>>65069232
>implying autistic people are capable of understanding that actors pretend for money

These are the same people who think evangeline lilly knows what the subatomic universe looks like because shes going to be playing waspgirl
>>
>>65069271
He's got the potential for it tho
>>
It seems strange to me that people are getting very defensive about this comedian in this comment thread. Naturally, everyone had different taste in comedy. Just because someone is disappointed that it wasn't something that they personally found amusing, that doesn't mean it can't be amusing to other people, or even most people. Personally, I don't consider him to be trying to hard, though I do see how one could think that. To me, this was more the "lol random" style of humor. Kind of like a class clown. It can be done really well, but it's difficult because a comedian has to be witty without seeming calculated. It tends to be either uproariously funny or massively underwhelming. I didn't find the egg thing amusing, but I suspect that's because I'm quick to think "oh that was planned out earlier", while other people are able to just sit back and enjoy the joke. The style is pretty appealing to a lot of people, and irritating to others, and the appeal can fluctuate a lot based on how well a joke is executed. That's true about a lot of styles of humor, if not all of them. I think we'd all do well to remember that just because someone doesn't like a comedy routine doesn't mean that they don't understand what the comedian is trying to do (and that even if we don't like something, that doesn't necessarily mean that it was poorly done).
>>
>>65069287
I could commit a school shooting and people would talk about it. People talking about it doesn't mean it's good or well liked.
I don't see how smashing an egg is being unique or funny. I don't laugh like a mad men when I make scrambled eggs.
>>
>>65069293
I agree.

I really can't see what's funny about it. I'm being open to it and still can't find the humor. I don't see how this guy got on TV.

Please some explain why smashing an egg in your face while an audience is completely silence and rubbing plastic Skelton hands on a host, while the audience is completely silent is funny.
>>
T.J. Miller has a distinct type of comedy that he gets by mixing the absurd with living out his comedy. For instance, he says he took his Yogi Bear 3d role because it would be funny and absurd to claim that as prestigious. He's even worked at MacDonalds just because he thought it would be funny to say he had. The obvious part of the egg joke is that it's personifying an idiom. The depth is him asking "what if someone were to do this on live TV?" And now he's answered that question for you. I'll let you figure out the skeleton hands. I thought it was hilarious but I'm sure some don't. Just be sure to know there's a method to his madness and this interview is definitely not his most outrageous.
>>
>>65069331

Just because we get it doesn't mean everyone does. It's easy to confuse his over the top confidence as being try hard and unnatural. What I find amazing about this is NO ONE with his celebrity does interviews like this because they're afraid to do it and ruin their reputation. It's great to have consistent people like that, but T.J. just throws it out the window and I love it. He knows his style of humor and doesn't shy away from it.
>>
>>65069304
Kek
You're going to get a lot of ridicule for posting that, but for anyone who doesn't know, that's a YouTube comment.
>>
>>65069352
>Comedian works at McDonalds "ironically"

sure :)
>>
>>65069389

You're right. T.J. Miller, winner of a critics choice award for playing on a show that also won a critics choice award and is highly anticipated for 2016, supporting actor in the upcoming movie Deadpool, and host of this years critics choice awards, is definitely out of work.
>>
>>65069304
>comdedian isn't funny
>he's not suppose to be funny! 2deep4u
ok
>>
>>65069414

Still whooshing by, I see. It's fine. I guess the joke wasn't meant for you. To be honest, I suspect it was mostly for him, but it's there for some others to see.
>>
>>65065959
No wonder Colbert is losing the late night war.
>>
File: 6648_ac5f.jpg (64 KB, 480x470) Image search: [Google]
6648_ac5f.jpg
64 KB, 480x470
>>65065959
>this retarded unfunny dirty piece of shit with bad hair has a wife
>>
>>65069352
>what if someone did this on live tv? He answered that question for you
It wasn't a question I had. I knew the answer would be that it wasn't funny, lo and behold it wasn't funny at all.
Why praise a comedian who isn't funny?
>>65069372
>his celebrity
I have never heard of him before today. TJ Miller is the definition of small time.

Unbelievable that people actually defend "oh whoa he smash an egg whoa" comedy as "so deep, it's examining and satirizing several layers of our society, including fame, absurdity, prop comedy, and spontaneity"

It's a fucking egg being smashed. You contrarian fags will look for meaning in every single thing.
>>
>>65069423
>if you don't find it funny, you don't get it
lol
>>
>>65069496

>I have never heard of him before today. TJ Miller is the definition of small time.

Yes... he is a "fucking nothing in comedy or movies." Let's look at his IMDB: How to train your dragon, Silicon Valley, Transformers, Big Hero 6, Deadpool. So, a hit HBO series and 3 (Almost 4) blockbuster movies.... Yup, he's a "fucking nothing" And let's not forget before this he was already an established Stand Up comic
>>
>>65069496
>I have never heard of him before today. TJ Miller is the definition of small time.
Dude, he was in Yogi Bear 3D.
>>
>>65069205
Stop it you are acting more Autistic than TJ and he actually gets paid for it...
>>
MIN 5:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgFM_dWv7jE he ruined that suit
:
>>
>>65069757

Shillary planted that for him doing the Benghazi movie
>>
>>65065959
Is this the same guy who was high on the Jeselnik Offensive and set off fire crackers under the desk?
>>
>>65068682

It's an inanimate fucking object. Even if it was a personal suit there's no reason why he wouldn't have replacements
>>
>>65070131
Your computer is an inanimate fucking object. I should be able to destroy it because you can afford another one.
>>
>>65066122
>I thought awards shows were for children, but then I got a job from it

So is this just the new standard now? The guys hosting the show don't even pretend to give a shit about it?
>>
It was funny up until the egg thing, then it just got weird.
>>
>>65066122

I don't understand. this looks scripted. am I missing something?
>>
>>65066122
you can always tell from the hair if comedians are going to use gimmicks and props
>>
>>65069757
>tfw he's Jim in real life
>>
>>65070352
this sounds true but when i googled famous prop comics it said 'results not found'
>>
>>65069055

>and then shushing him before that.

kek why did so many of you ITT miss the point in the shushing

that wasn't a funny interview but you're acting like it was completely botched. the shills boogeyman is starting to infect me too
>>
>>65066122
pretty hilarious desu
tj miller's a funny guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OChfLWu3h34
>>
>>65066122

Its fine. You fags are morons.
>>
>>65071107
CRINGE
>>
File: 1434478956669.jpg (15 KB, 222x305) Image search: [Google]
1434478956669.jpg
15 KB, 222x305
>prop music instrument female gay sjw comedian
>>
>>65069266
>muh honourable and classy talk shows

fuck off. these shows are stale, robotic bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (318 KB, 981x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318 KB, 981x1222
>>65066122

His wife's a major QT
>>
>>65065996
People thinking Deadpool will be funny because TJ Miller is in it, lol.
>>
>>65066122
how can anyone stand colbert
>>
>>65071549
Too cute for him desu, she's probably getting blacked up the bum every night
>>
>>65065959
You know the show is scripted, right?
>>
>>65071549
Name of wife? Goddamn what a cutie.
>>
>>65065959

I've never seen him in anything, mainly because he always gave me "unfunny faggot tryhard with punchable face" vibes. Nothing about this interview makes me regret this decision or change my mind.
>>
letterman was the most butthurt host of any late night

he kicked crispin glover off his show after he came on in character for the movie he was in

colbert sucks too tbhfamsenpaidesu
>>
>>65065959

He's the new Andy Kaufman. He's going to take a steaming dump all over the industry and their self importance, and I greatly look forward to it.
>>
>>65072401

Kate Gorney
>>
>>65072534
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.