[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR TREK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 51
File: 1420699567068.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1420699567068.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
youre the captain, and the decision is yours. what do you choose?
>>
Fire on the Kobiashi Maru. Its the only way to win without cheating like Kirk. Blow up the Maru's cargo hold and it'll explode and take two birds with it, then its a straight up bitchslap the last klingon ship while theyre drooling and howling revenge for their dead clanmates. Thanks animu.
>>
Initiate self destruct before the franchise is irreparably damaged.
>>
Just cheat.

The answer is always cheat, unless you want to end up some no-name fuck that gets his ship blown up an hour later.
>>
>>65060907
Fire upon ds9, fuck 7/9, produce a stage play with Picard and get drunk with Ryker. Next question.
>>
>>65060907
I'd let Tuvix decide himself.
As far as I'm concerned, Tuvok and Neelix are dead, and a new person has been born. It's possible to bring them back to life, but you must murder that person.
I don't believe as a Starfleet Captain I could commit that murder.
>>
As captain, I remind people to vote in the NEW poll.

A successful poll is the closest that I come to being "happy" with my "life".

http://strawpoll.me/6572205

Captain's orders, make it so, engage.
>>
>>65061584
your polls only show ds9ers are plebs my frend

BEST STAr TREK POLL:
http://strawpoll.me/6572268
>>
>>65061472

Problem is since Voyager is stranded on the Delta Quadrant Janeway needed Neelix' knowledge about that sector and Tuvok for crew diversity.
>>
File: tuvokhugsneelix.webm (2 MB, 924x692) Image search: [Google]
tuvokhugsneelix.webm
2 MB, 924x692
>>65061696
>imblying tuvok wasnt the useful one and neelix the useless one
>>
>>65061696
Except we saw that Tuvix had all of Neelix's knowledge of the sector as well as Tuvok's knowledge of tactical systems.
Janeway just wanted her friend Tuvok back and was willing to kill to get him.
>>
>>65061472
But if you could bring Tuvok and Neelix back to life, wouldn't you? They existed before Tuvix did and have more of a right to exist than he does.
>>
>>65061668
I hate DS9. I made that poll so that people can vote against it. Stop bullying me, you mean bully!
>>
>>65061750
oh forgot about about that, have to rewatch Voy I guess
>>
>>65060907
keep Tuvix, or restore Tuvok and Neelix?

my solution would be to jettison Tuvix into space. problem solved.
>>
File: le.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
le.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Fucking stupid episode and series

How many fucking times did Voyager crew members get killed off, then magically brought back to life via basically cloning them or getting a alternative universe version?

Kim literally got sucked out into space and killed, and they brought on a Kim from a different fucking dimension

What happens when he gets home and finds out, his wife and kids from his universe don't exist/don't even know him? That might of actually been a good plot point to bring up again in the finale, but no we got a Deus Ex Janeway from a future timeline travelling back to give the crew super tech and armour or some shit to be borg immune so they can get back to Earth and defeat the borg in 30 minutes.

What the fuck were they thinking

I used to like Voyager, when I saw maybe one out of every six episodes on tv late at night, but sitting down and binge watching it really showed off its flaws
>>
>>65061761
Not if I had to kill someone to do it, no. Who cares if Tuvix is younger, and why in the world would he have less of a right to exist?
If Janeway had a choice of SAVING someone she's never met or SAVING Tuvok and Neelix, that's one thing. I can appreciate her choosing them over him.
But this isn't two people on other sides of the planet and only enough time to rescue one. This is literally killing somebody in order to bring back your friends.

And it's fine for Janeway to do that, in terms of her character. But as far as if it's the right call for a Starfleet Captain to make? Absolutely fucking not.
>>
>>65061885
that happened to Harry Kim at least twice
>>
If Riker and Worf were accidentally merged into Rikorf and Picard could bring them back but had to murder Rikorf, and Rikorf begged him not to kill him, there is no way, no fucking WAY, that Picard would murder him.
>>
File: neelixsayinghi.jpg (129 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
neelixsayinghi.jpg
129 KB, 700x528
>>65061885
who put a bee up your bonnet sweetums
>>
>>65061935
Berman and Braga.
>>
File: EarthEmpire.jpg (36 KB, 780x319) Image search: [Google]
EarthEmpire.jpg
36 KB, 780x319
>>65061935

Remembering watching Voyager

And I had just finished Enterprise, a much more superior series where people stay fucking dead .
>>
File: trip.jpg (56 KB, 499x282) Image search: [Google]
trip.jpg
56 KB, 499x282
>>65062027
>a much more superior series where people stay fucking dead
Not in the books. :^)
>>
>>65062064

Did they hire the voyager writing team on for that?
>>
>>65061893
Saving Tuvok and Neelix is the point though. Tuvix was created through an accident, it's not that he's "younger" than Tuvok and Neelix. It's that he should not exist as the cost of two separate individuals. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
>>
>>65061885
Ensign Kim was supposed to die, but then Garret Wang was voted People magazine's sexiest man in America or something, so they threw in some junk to keep him around.
>>
>>65062118
Lots of kids are accidents. Does that mean they aren't as worthy of life?
And obviously if there was a choice in killing Neelix and Tuvok and killing Tuvix, you'd kill the one over killing the two.
But they were already dead. This wasn't choosing who to save, this was literally murdering someone in order to bring two others back to life.
The needs of the many would've been satisfied either way - Tuvix was just as good a tactical officer as Tuvok and knew the Delta Quadrant just as well as Neelix.

Also... this wasn't like the next day or anything. Tuvix was a member of the crew for over a month before Janeway killed him.
>>
>>65060907
Friendly reminder that Captain Janeway did nothing wrong.
>>
So I'm watching through season one of TNG for the first time.

WHY IS RIKER THE BEST?

>loves pussy
>cracks jokes
>carries the show

STUD
T
U
D
>>
>>65062379
Official List of Star Trekkers who did literally (literally!) nothing wrong:

JJ Abrams
Stuart Baird
Rick Berman
Brannon Braga
Skrain Dukat
Fred Freiberger
Jamake Highwater
Maurice Hurley
Kathryn Janeway
Alex Kurtzman
Damon Lindelof
John Logan
Leonard Maizlish
Leslie Moonves
Roberto Orci
Gene Roddenberry
>>
2 lives > 1 life

Tuvix was not even a real person.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1px4qoILmGw

I love him
>>
File: irathefedora.jpg (11 KB, 220x147) Image search: [Google]
irathefedora.jpg
11 KB, 220x147
>>65062403
glad to see this faggot is still omitted
>>
File: gengeordiusingatelescope.jpg (61 KB, 898x433) Image search: [Google]
gengeordiusingatelescope.jpg
61 KB, 898x433
>>65062460
georgi is not aware of his limitations
>>
>>65062403
>JJ Abrams
>Alex Kurtzman
>Damon Lindelof
>Roberto Orci

list disqualified

i dont have an issue with baird, since i actually think nemesis is ok and its problem was more script details and not the directing.
>>
>>65062256
If a child being born meant that two people had to die. then the child should not be born.

Tuvok and Neelix weren't dead anyway. Just changed and were still alive in Tuvix. Tuvok especially had a wife and children and deserved to have been restored more for their sake. If Tuvix really had the feelings and personality of Tuvok in him, he would've gladly have wanted to get his wife and children their normal husband and father back.
>>
>>65062494
>After the release and subsequent failure of Star Trek Nemesis at the box office, actors LeVar Burton and Marina Sirtis criticized Baird for not being knowledgeable about the Star Trek universe and for not even watching a single episode of Next Generation. Sirtis said that TNG was about the relationships of the crew, and Baird did not take that into account. Burton remarked on how, during the first six weeks of shooting Nemesis, Baird kept calling him "Laverne" and kept referring to his character as an alien. [1] [2] Production designer Herman Zimmerman described Baird as "a really good editor and as before we started shooting he was charming…as soon as cameras started rolling he became impossible to work with, nothing satisfied him". [3]
Baird did nothing (nothing! (nothing!)) wrong.
>>
>>65062403
>JJ Abrams

He doesn't even like Star Trek.
>>
>>65062462
Who is this?
>>
>>65062546

im not saying he was a good choice and he sounds like an asshole who couldnt even bother to learn leVar's name. and i do think they should have just given directing back to frakes

but really, the directing is not nemesis' issue. nor is the general plot. its the numerous weird little nonsensical details in the plot. that and the whole stupid b4 subplot that im sure was just added because brent spiner got too much say in the story
>>
>>65062614
Ira Steven Behr, the #2 writer on TNG seasons 3-7 (after Michael Piller) and the #1 writer on DS9 seasons 3-7.
>>
>>65062522
Well, make up your mind. Was Tuvok alive in Tuvix or wasn't he?
You can't say he was in there and then say that "If Tuvix really had the feelings and personality of Tuvok in him, he would've gladly have wanted to get his wife and children their normal husband and father back." - because we clearly saw Tuvix begging NOT to die.

And this is the thing - I agree with you when you say that Tuvix should not have been born. I do. But this shouldn't be a big ethical wrestling match over the appropriate thing to do.

If someone holds a gun to my wife's head and says if I kill an innocent person he'll spare her, of COURSE I'd do it. Of course.

However, a Starfleet Captain is bound by his/her duty, and what she did was murder.

I'm not even saying I dislike Janeway any more or less for doing it. I'm just saying it wasn't the Starfleet thing to do.
>>
File: instroihand.jpg (47 KB, 1179x553) Image search: [Google]
instroihand.jpg
47 KB, 1179x553
bich looks surprisingly good when shes lost a little weight
>>
>>65062649
piller obviously kept him in check
>>
>>65062662

i really do not understand why plinkett goes after sirtis

she looked damn good for like 48 in nemesis. hell she'd still look decent now if she just lost a few pounds
>>
File: 1442723814541.jpg (29 KB, 560x235) Image search: [Google]
1442723814541.jpg
29 KB, 560x235
JUST imagine being Marina in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jonathan, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific sunken mummy face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all she really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old fanboy in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Marina and not only sit in that tub while Jonathan Frakes flaunts his disgusting body in front of you, the bubbly suds barely concealing his stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while they perfected that shave. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL THE DIRECTOR and DAMN, JONATHAN FRAKES LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his ancient fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of nerdlings and geeklets and Usenet posters for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Britbongland. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the soap that's getting rubbed on his oversized stomach as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "Starfleetesque" (for that is what he calls himself) physique, the physique he did no work at all for with personal trainers in the previous months. And he's the director so he calls for another take, and you know you could ask Michael to kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put him down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Marina. You're not going to lose your future sitcom career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
File: yridian.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yridian.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
why are evil aliens in trek always ugly? what do the writers mean by this?
>>
>>65062764
Shaving was a mistake.
>>
Use our technobabble to recreate the event that caused the transporter to make two Rikers. Then make two Tuvixes. Then turn one back into Neelix and Geordi
>>
>>65062903
better to turn one back into Tuvok and Geordi
>>
>>65060907
Kill Tuvix, stock up on Kim clones, fuck Kes and blow that other annoying bitch outta airlock along with Acoochie Moya.
>>
File: insmilflanding.jpg (80 KB, 1288x594) Image search: [Google]
insmilflanding.jpg
80 KB, 1288x594
kill one, marry one, fuck one
>>
File: 1440052663656.jpg (20 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
1440052663656.jpg
20 KB, 692x530
reminder Dukat did nothing wrong aside from perhaps being to leinient with the Bajoran terrorists, and except when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off and when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane, and went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised
>>
>>65063038

there's only two women

so kill either of the random crewmen twins, marry troi, fuck beverly
>>
>>65063038
kill crusher
Fuck piccard
Mary troi
>>
>>65062662
>>65062716
I'm just glad they let her ditch the awful Betazoid wig she had to wear on TNG

god that thing was unflattering
>>
>>65062657
If Tuvix had all his skills and memories, then he was alive in him to a certain degree, but since he didn't give a shit about who Tuvok and Neelix were as separate people then yes, they are effectively dead and not wanting to restore then, Tuvix is really the one who murdered them both. So in that sense, it's better to "murder" Tuvix by causing him to cease to exist, than it is to "murder" Tuvok and Neelix by letting Tuvix continue to exist.
>>
>>65063304
Refusing to kill yourself in order to save two others is not murder.
>>
>>65060907

if you can have 2 rikers, you could find a way we can have Tuvix, Tuvok and Neelix..

there wasn't even a time constraint

its what picard would have done..
>>
>>65062814
I like the scene where Lol confronts him about her pal, he tries to rape her in the living room, she kills him and then Combo takes the rap for it.
>>
>>65061738
He was very loving.
>>
>>65063038
How tall is Gates?
>>
>>65063382
If your death meant that two people could live then it is murder and by letting Tuvix continue to exist, the crew members are accomplices in it. Tuvix was a coward who cared more about self preservation than allowing two other people their right to exist.
>>
>>65063674
>If your death meant that two people could live then it is murder
Pretty sure that's not how murder works.
>>
>>65063674
are you even trying anymore
>>
Do exactly what Janeway did. I'm baffled this is even an argument.

>Disregarding the fact that he was very annoying, her duty (and the ethical thing to do) was always to save the lives of her two crewman. That Tuvix wanted to stay alive was irrelevant-- Neelix and Tuvok were non-compos-mentis at the time and were indeed glad when they got reseparated.
>The creation of Tuvix from two original life forms was no different from various incidents like Janeway turning into a slug or Kirk splitting into two people or the Federation command getting taken over by those parasites. Nobody ever complains that there was an ethical violation in any of those cases or that 'slug janeway had a right to life!'; the only reason people care about Tuvix whatsoever was that he was able to still carry out a job on the ship, which is a poor and selfish excuse.
>>
>>65063038
This is a game with no winners
>>
>>65063082
>when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole
That's not really his fault though. I don't get why the writters felt the need to make him become Space Hitler toward the end, he was better before
>>
>>65063144
This could work but only if it was young Piccard
>>
>>65061472
>Tuvix

I told you not to fucking name it, you'll just get attached.
>>
>>65063038
Do you still get to fuck the one you marry?
>>
>>65063038
Marry Crusher
Fuck Troi
Kill the random crewman
>>
>>65063873
You have to fuck the person you marry or else the marriage gets annulled.
>>
>>65063698
Fine, it's manslaughter. You don't have any specific malice against others, but choosing your own life at the expense of other people's lives is selfish and wrong.
>>
>>65063911
>>65063873
>>65063038
Okay. I choose to give Troi a shag and then I'd marry the beautiful Beverly Crusher.

Kill one of the random yellow-shirts.
>>
File: varis_sul.jpg (78 KB, 689x530) Image search: [Google]
varis_sul.jpg
78 KB, 689x530
OFFICIAL BAJWHORAN POWERRANKINGS:
God tier:
>Kira Nerys
>Ro Laren
High tier:
>Varis Sul
>That ensign from TNG
>That girl who liked Bashir
Breddy tier:
>Cardassian Kira
>Jake's girlfriend
Okay tier:
>Kai Opaca
Kill me tier:
>Kai Wynn

Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you might be able to
>>
>>65063038

marry patrick stewart ofc, hes an old man and hes the richest

i'de go gay for that
>>
File: 1452455427914.png (155 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1452455427914.png
155 KB, 328x328
>>65063914
Then sign your organ donor card and kill yourself
>>
File: Star Trek 1450517330752.gif (2 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek 1450517330752.gif
2 MB, 720x540
>>65063890
>crusher
Which Crusher ?
>>
>>65063674

Pretty much going to quote a post from an older thread

>Disregarding the fact that he was very annoying, her duty (and the ethical thing to do) was always to save the lives of her two crewman. That Tuvix wanted to stay alive was irrelevant-- Neelix and Tuvok were non-compos-mentis at the time and were indeed glad when they got reseparated.
>The creation of Tuvix from two original life forms was no different from various incidents like Janeway turning into a slug or Kirk splitting into two people or the Federation command getting taken over by those parasites. Nobody ever complains that there was an ethical violation in any of those cases or that 'slug janeway had a right to life!'; the only reason people care about Tuvix whatsoever was that he was able to still carry out a job on the ship, which is a poor and selfish excuse.
>>
File: mardahtetas.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mardahtetas.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>65063987
God tier: pic related
High tier: Little Ro, Ro
Shit tier: every other single bajoran
Kill the whole planet with a bomb like sisko tier: Kira
>>
>>65063987
You forgot the one that had the hots for O'Brien
>>
File: martaslutanimooted.gif (125 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
martaslutanimooted.gif
125 KB, 300x200
>>65064064
>>
>>65064064
Oh yeah that's who I meant by 'Jake's Girlfriend'
And I forgot to include cunny-Ro
>>65064057
Just posted that >>65063791
>>
>>65063987
>Prove me wrong.

I can't anon I'm "Too Tired" kek
>>
File: evilVoy.jpg (67 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
evilVoy.jpg
67 KB, 500x376
>>65064101
Oh I guess I didn't notice the post without image related.
>>
>>65064064
Sito Jaxa was a qt, faggot.
>>
>>65064002
It's more like if someone says they'll kill you or two other people. The right thing to do would be to sacrifice yourself so the two other people could live.

>>65063791
>>65064057
This explains it best.
>>
File: Sito.jpg (15 KB, 320x345) Image search: [Google]
Sito.jpg
15 KB, 320x345
>>65064162
Could Picard be prosecuted for sexual harassment? I mean he clearly only accepted attractive young women as ensigns, and who knows what he made them do in the application process.
>>65064182
You are assuming utilitarian ethics. That said, I agree that Janeway did nothing wrong
>>
>>65064208

its the future, they only HAVE attractive young ensigns
>>
File: Data2.png (45 KB, 159x219) Image search: [Google]
Data2.png
45 KB, 159x219
>>65061885
>Deus Ex Janeway
kek
>>
Am I the only one that cant stand the way Avery Brooks acts? He fucking ruins every emotional moments with. His. Retarded. Rythm
>>
File: 1385167814475[1].png (321 KB, 354x487) Image search: [Google]
1385167814475[1].png
321 KB, 354x487
>>65061885
> Deus Ex Janeway from a future timeline
>>
>>65064208
Well I mean I don't necessarily fault Tuvix for wanting to live, but he should've accepted that he was an accident and sacrificed himself despite his preference for staying the way he was.
>>
>>65061885

>kim
>wife and kids

u wot?
>>
>>65064208
Unattractive Ensigns get third shift. Like a strip club on Tuesday afternoon.
>>
>>65064318
You Forgot
>>
File: nigravitas.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nigravitas.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>65064258
whatever do you mean
>>
File: 2.jpg (16 KB, 311x315) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
16 KB, 311x315
>>65064392
>>
>>65064379

>Jack (distant uncle)

So there's a guy somewhere in the ST universe named Jack Kim?
>>
>>65064379
Also this Lady had her dead body stolen and reanimated. Neelix also died but Seven brought him back to life with her borg nanobots powers.
>>
>>65064258
>>65064392

not that guy but he's looks he's not too serious or something
>>
>>65064258
he makes random yelping noises at times, which doesn't help
>>
File: 1423200311933.jpg (90 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423200311933.jpg
90 KB, 400x400
>>65064413
>>
>>65064379

they are duplicates and noone ever gives a fuck about it
>>
File: NICKpast307zofa.jpg (76 KB, 1168x1015) Image search: [Google]
NICKpast307zofa.jpg
76 KB, 1168x1015
>>65064416
Pretty much.
Fun Fact: The actor who played Seven of Nines father on the show was also the same guy who played Ug Lee on Nickelodeon's Salute your Shorts.
>>
File: 1429635429388.jpg (703 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429635429388.jpg
703 KB, 1080x1080
Ensign McSpaz spills coffee on you. As captain of the Federation's flagship, what do you do?
>>
>>65064481
>and noone ever gives a fuck about it
This fact has always bugged me
>>
>>65064488
Copulate with her of course.
>>
>>65064488
Make her lick my clothes clean. While I'm wearing them. Then have her wash them because they'd be covered in spit.
>>
>>65064488
>Detention, my quarters, every evening!
>>
>>65064553
It's called detention for a reason. You are being detained from what you would rather be doing.
>>
File: Dax.jpg (89 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
Dax.jpg
89 KB, 900x673
Redpill me on pic related
Why did she get fired?
>>
Voyager = Reset button every week
>>
>>65064608

I don't think anyone really knows. Some sources say she wanted to leave because of typecasting, others say it was harassment, she wanted to leave but she was sad to leave. It's one of those things that are all over the place, iirc.
>>
>>65063987
God tier:
>Kira Nerys
>Cardassian Kira
>That ensign from TNG (Sito Jaxa)
High tier:
>Ro Laren
>That girl who liked Bashir (Leeta)
>Jake's girlfriend (Mardah)
Breddy tier: (what the fuck is Breddy?)
>Varis Sul
Okay tier:
>Kai Opaca
Kill me tier:
>Kai Wynn
>>
>>65064608
I thought she just left because she'd done six seasons and got offered the lead female role (and presumably more money) for Becker.
>>
File: insflotationdevice.jpg (69 KB, 974x552) Image search: [Google]
insflotationdevice.jpg
69 KB, 974x552
"In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to serve as a flotation device."
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>65064736

no she got becker after

she couldn't handle the workload
she begged to be reduced to a recurring guest star and berman fired her on the spot
>>
>>65064815
Citation?

Her last DS9 episode aired on the 17th June and her first Becker episode was 2 November the same year, looks like a pretty smooth transition to me.
>>
>>65064924

she's talked about it in several interviews and shit, i can't be arsed to find it

but basically berman was like you do your job like your contracts says or you get the door

she chose the door but she was proud of sticking to her guns

becker was just luck they snatched her up right after (note she didn't see that series through to the end either)

then she become a stay at home mom
>>
>>65064719

wynn was supposed to be an antagonist

I don't think she was bad, until that last season bullshit with bajoran dukat and the pah wraiths..

It's Opaca i'm glad they got rid of, imagine if she was around throughout the whole show..
>>
File: insuglyalien.jpg (64 KB, 990x557) Image search: [Google]
insuglyalien.jpg
64 KB, 990x557
i'm rewatching insurrection after many moons and holy crap its a much better movie than people give it credit for.
it has a paradise planet, evil admiral, actually funny data, action, message about a simple life vs. a vain, fast-paced one.
its much better than generations, which i saw over the last couple days, and which featured a kirk who does nothing useful, and picard just visiting a dickens novel and then hanging out on a mountain.
the only thing generations has better is a more charismatic bad guy than the melty face guys from insurrection
>>
>>65065114

the only trouble was the climax turned into action movie

picard beaming over to have fistfights, riker driving the ship with a meme joystick

but it was certainly the last actual Star Trek movie
>>
>>65062446
How does one define "real person"?
>>
>>65065114
The most underrated TNG movie, IMO.

I don't remember where I heard it but when Insurrection was released one of its biggest criticisms was that it focused on dialogue over action.

They made a high budget TNG two-parter and even the long time fans dismissed it b/c not enough "PEW PEW, LASERS!"
>>
>>65065114

>appallingly bad effects in places
>the "victims" were basically selfish dicks
>Enterprise basically treading water the whole runtime
>no attempt to beam out the villain, just fuck that guy

It was an alright film, but holy hell was it a bunch of wasted potential in places.

>references the Dominion War
>nobody brings up how many people are inevitably being doomed for the sake of these fuckheads
>>
>>65065258
>even the long time fans dismissed it b/c not enough "PEW PEW, LASERS!"
I dismissed it because the plot didnt make sense. I think I liked the Plinkett review more than the movie, although it's in my opinion the best TNG movie.
>>
>>65065114

anyone bothered by the title

picard going against an admiral who had obviously gone rogue to federation values,
it was hardly an "insurrection"
>>
>>65064208
That's not how the how the military wor-
Nvm
>>
>>65065258

>high budget TNG two-parter

It was basically Journey's End with even less sympathetic characters.
>>
File: rolaren7.jpg (58 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
rolaren7.jpg
58 KB, 300x400
>>65063987
>God tier: Ro Laren

Nobody's falling for that trick faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
>>65065618
>Disapproving of Michelle Forbes
>>
File: Nanavisi.jpg (107 KB, 590x547) Image search: [Google]
Nanavisi.jpg
107 KB, 590x547
>>65065645
In TNG bajorans had the nose thing but also something above, right? I think it didnt help.
I like Kira better though
>>
File: rolaren5.jpg (126 KB, 940x410) Image search: [Google]
rolaren5.jpg
126 KB, 940x410
>>65065645
Michell Forbes =\= Ro Laren
>>
File: rolittle2.gif (1 MB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
rolittle2.gif
1 MB, 240x300
>>65065618
ro poster isnt here to fight back, but i am partial to this
>>
File: wi2.jpg (42 KB, 685x618) Image search: [Google]
wi2.jpg
42 KB, 685x618
>Implying Picard isn't best captain
>>
File: picardxxx4.jpg (26 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
picardxxx4.jpg
26 KB, 560x374
>>65065927
kek
>>
>>65065927
rekt
>>
>>65064258

You ever seen him interviewed irl? The guy is a certified loon, I mean eccentric x 1000
>>
>>65066113

he's just on marijuanic cannabinoids
>>
>>65064258

it's weird, you get used to it, you begin to like it
its insidious

just. like. the federation
>>
>>65066161
god dammit I read that perfectly in his voice

maybe he's trying to be iconic in his voice like Kirk
>>
>>65065927
sucks that that's fake
>>
>>65066186

yeh i couldn't even fucking find it

it should be mandatory to post sauce on a tweet, or you get fucking banned
>>
>>65065927
It's just an old tweet
>>
>>65061472
Bounce a neutrino off the main deflector dish into a borien nebula while tuvix is stuck in a pattern buffer. Bam. Separates them while copying tuvixs pattern. Save all three.

It's like you're not even trying
>>
>>65066186
https://twitter.com/wilw/status/688127971337449475

?
>>
>>65066138

I think he's mentally ill tbqh, I mean you actually can't have a normal rational conversation with him
>>
>>65066257
the reply, obviously
>>
>>65066161
Well I began to hate it in season 5.
That s6 episode when he's a writter in a magazine, he ruined the finale. It's supposed to be a heartbreaking moment but I just cant take it seriously
>>
>>65065114
>>65065258
PROS
>Totally fine concept for a movie - it's easily the most "Star Trek" of the TNG films.
>The space battle in the Nebula
>Good acting
>Geordi's first sunrise

CONS
>Literally no reason for Worf to be there
>Several entirely pointless scenes
>Crash mats are visible during stunts
>The fucking joystick
>The de-aging concept has huge plot holes and logical fallacies
>Yet another corrupt Starfleet Admiral
>Tank-top action hero Picard ending
>Scriptual errors that nobody bothered fixing ("Over a hundred Ba'ku onboard, and one Klingon" when there are DOZENS of species fighting Worf)

I gave it a 3/10. It's the worst Star Trek movie, and I'm including TOS and NuTrek.
>>
>>65066254
>And I said bounce the graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE
>>
>>65066389
worst part for me is the whole "Picard violating orders in a situation he should follow them in"
I mean he's supposed to nonviolently transport 100 colonists (not even indigenous to the planet) and in return, billions of people get life-saving radiation. And they're Warp capable (technically, even if they choose to live like they're amish) so the prime directive doesn't even apply
>>
>>65066506

>implying billions would actually benefit and not just the sona..

the whole thing was a corrupt ruse
>>
>>65066506
Pretty sure the Prime Directive still applies to races that are warp-capable.
Also, Picard violates the Prime Directive in order to do the right thing. I was fine with this.
>>
>>65066506
>>65066553

picard was on the SIDE of the prime directive

and it always applies to any world that isn't federation

warp capable just means you arn't supposed to contact them

once they reach the next step you can talk to them but you still can't give them technology that would severely alter thier society
>>
>>65066596
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean he violates it in this movie, I just mean he violates it all the time in order to do the right thing.
>>
>>65066418
It's good, but Screw the Ocampa is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IWi2LperuQ
>>
>>65062403
>Brannon Braga
I'm gonna have to stop you there senpai.
>>
>>65062403

you could say that for someone like Stuart Baird

its the studios fault for hiring him

but guys like JJ wand Orci went out to prove that they're the right guys for the job..
>>
File: 1432837686541.jpg (685 KB, 854x1046) Image search: [Google]
1432837686541.jpg
685 KB, 854x1046
>>
>>65067358

is it just me or the uniform looks different
>>
>>65067440
pilot?
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (95 KB, 621x920) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
95 KB, 621x920
>>65064719
'Breddy' means 'Breddy good', which is like a Spurdofied 'pretty good'
>>
>>65068421
Thanks, bro.
>>
>>65060982
>Not knowing that they keep sending more birds.
>>
>>65060982

the point is you're supposed to save the maru, duh
>>
>>65068815
The obvious answer to the test is to let the ship die; we know from the doctrine of 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few' that it is not worth risking war over.

Really there must be some batshit way to 'solve' the test without cheating though, like ejecting your warp core and hitting it with a phaser as the Klingons near it, then abandoning ship in shuttlecraft or something
>>
>>65068925
>Really there must be some batshit way to 'solve' the test without cheating though
The Picard Manoeuvre could work.
>>
>>65068925

>not finding some way to disable the klingons sensors long enough to tractor the maru and get out of there
>>
>>65069127
This is where you have to get into advanced Treknobabble
>Sir, if we excite the chronoton particles present in the surrounding space by amplifying our transporters' Heisenberg compensators through the main deflector dish, the temporal interference will make us undetectable for a short period of time
>>
>>65060907
>haven't watched DS9 when it aired
>binging
>Dukat, in hiding from both federation and Dominion, calls Kira just to tell her he fucked her mom

This series is fucking gold.
>>
>>65061696
> Janeway needed Neelix' knowledge about that sector
If I'd kidnap a random faggot from the most remote federation colony, would he be able to tell me everything about Tholians, Cardassians and whatnot?
>>
>>65061885
Voyager's finale was the worst Star Trek finale by far. And it summed up everything I didn't like about the show.
>>
>>65060907

>Emergency transport him to sick bay, perform split, reassemble Tuvix from the pattern buffer cache

It's what Riker would have done.
>>
>>65063987
Overgod tier:
>Evil Kira
>>
>>65070322

kek dukat is one of the greatest TV villains of all time desu
>>
>>65069249
>>65069127
>>65068972
>>65068925
>>65060982
>All these Kirks, not getting the point of the no-win scenario
I hope you enjoy having lots of sex with exotic women, you clueless hacks
>>
File: 1450583865525.jpg (58 KB, 754x734) Image search: [Google]
1450583865525.jpg
58 KB, 754x734
>>65061258
> mfw you dont know saving your crew is the only win
>>
>>65071513
>not getting the point of the no-win scenario
Enlighten me again.

I think our posts may have gone over your head, buddy.
>>
File: rolaren9.jpg (89 KB, 1433x1079) Image search: [Google]
rolaren9.jpg
89 KB, 1433x1079
>>65063987
>>65064064
>>65064719
>>65065645
>>65065782
thanks for the support guys. You have good taste.
>>
>>65072439
We're supporting the waifu, not you.

You're a spammer. Spammers a shit.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.