[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Academy President Releases Statement on Oscar's Whiteout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37
File: oscars.jpg (147 KB, 1600x1017) Image search: [Google]
oscars.jpg
147 KB, 1600x1017
>"I’d like to acknowledge the wonderful work of this year’s nominees," she said. "While we celebrate their extraordinary achievements, I am both heartbroken and frustrated about the lack of inclusion. This is a difficult but important conversation, and it’s time for big changes.
>"The Academy is taking dramatic steps to alter the makeup of our membership. In the coming days and weeks we will conduct a review of our membership recruitment in order to bring about much-needed diversity in our 2016 class and beyond," Boone Isaacs said in what amounted to a rare and unusual move on the part of the Academy.
>"As many of you know," she continued, "we have implemented changes to diversify our membership in the last four years. But the change is not coming as fast as we would like. We need to do more, and better and more quickly."
>"This isn’t unprecedented for the Academy," added Boone Isaacs. "In the ‘60s and ‘70s, it was about recruiting younger members to stay vital and relevant. In 2016, the mandate is inclusion in all of its facets: gender, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation. We recognize the very real concerns of our community, and I so appreciate all of you who have reached out to me in our effort to move forward together."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-academy-president-cheryl-boone-857016

So are they just going to include anyone in the Academy that isn't white?
>>
black people should get their own oscars like how women get their own sports because they suck at shit
>>
>>65059981
the sad thing is that none of these whiners even offer good alternatives except for pieces of shit like chiraq
>>
Need to provide the council members more hookers and blo. Grease the wheels if you want an Oscars nomination- please don't pretend this has to do with talent or race.
>>
Weak. Should've just ignored the minority complaints and no one wouldve remembered and moved on to the next attention graber
>>
So then why not add some more slots to the nominee lists and fill it with shit skin flicks?
>>
>>65059947
Finally, some fucking progress
>>
liberals won
>>
I'm not white, can I get an Oscar?
>>
Now every black nominee will feel token, you cant win with this shot. Better to just ignore it.
>>
>>65059981
http://www.naacpimageawards.net/main_winners_nominees.html

they already have their own award show.
>>
>>65060079
How exactly do they win if everybody loses?
>>
>Load the academy's membership with Latinos and Asians
>Niggers still nominated for nothing
>Can't use "racist old white men" as an excuse anymore
>>
BIP BUP MASHUGGA DIP DO FINGO ANNA FIDDY FO PO BOY UNBINGA BOOGA, SHIP DO DOOBAP CADILLAC HOE HOOP POODIDDLY BIMBO BREAD FINGA DIP DODONGO.

SKIBBY DOO DA GUBBAMEN BOJANGLE HAP DEM EBBYWHERE INNA TRYIN A FYE FO FEE FUM, COMPTON SUP DOE SIXXY IN DOES POE UP DOWNA NINA FREE SCOOBY DOO DAT BING BANJO DOLLA RITE OVA SWING URF SO LOW SWEET CHARIOT HIT OVA DIM DAM PIDDILY
>>
>>65059947
>So are they just going to include anyone in the Academy that isn't white?
Best part is, they'll still end up with a bunch of white people being nominated
>>
>>65060178
as long as they proved that they're morally superior to everyone else, they won
>>
>>65060189
This desu senpai
>>
who cares lmao
i'm only in it for the shit posting in the live thread you /v/eddit piece of shit
watch some real cinema sometimes
>>
Honestly, they should just keep ignoring them. Give an inch, take a mile, etc.
>>
File: 1427338372722.jpg (53 KB, 1018x626) Image search: [Google]
1427338372722.jpg
53 KB, 1018x626
>>65060256
>i'm only in it for the shit posting in the live thread you /v/eddit piece of shit

This is the future of /tv/, take note
>>
>>65059947
>In conclusion, in order to spare everyone's feelings, we have decided to lower the bar, and force diversity, no longer will the tyranny of white males stand, and movies will no longer be judged on merit alone, but how many token people of black there are.
Western culture is so fucking gay. This has got to be the only time in history the majority of a nation or culture is scared of the minority and goes out of their way to appease them for no reason. I cant wait for the pendulum of society to swing dramatically in the other direction as it always does whenever one movement goes too far.
>>
>>65060304
>future of /tv/
this is how its always been for the oscars here, star tourist
>>
Black people should host their own awards show on Instagram.
>>
>>65060079
Name one time in the past year when liberals haven't won
>>
>>65060189
That's already the case

Some latino won best acting or something this year

Their only complaint is it wasn't a nigger winning
>>
>>65060200
Is there a vocaroo?
>>
>>65060304
Future?
Aside from the shit posters, /tv/ is borderline reddit/tumblr.

But don't worry, the janitors will protect your safeplace from that mean old /pol/ boogyman everyone sees.
>>
Enjoy your SJW awards, ameri-cucкs
>>
>>65060365
Bullshit. People outside of the sticky actually care
>>
>>65059947
lmfao like the sjw witch hunters would ever be happy and content
>>
File: 1451493683680.gif (100 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451493683680.gif
100 KB, 200x200
>>65060256
this. i'm just in it for the memes 2bh pham
>>
>>65060304
>spouting reddit or /v/ at anything you don't like is the future

You're three years too late
>>
>>65060423
So far? Literally everything to do with Trump. We'll have to see in the long run what happens there though.
>>
>>65059981
>black people should get their own oscars

or maybe the rich and powerful black people in entertainment should work towards making more Oscar bait like films and not just Ride Along 2.

Jada Pinkett sit there and whines while her husband is worth few 100million? Start a production company, find funding, make your award bait film like other studios do.

this whole issue just point out that even very successful blacks think everything is someone else fault and/or due to them being black in the first place. It's also just pathetic to be worth massive amounts of money and still be whining that some how you are not getting a fair shake in life. Jada Pinkett's son is shooting ads wearing dresses and showing up for wedding dressed as batman. Yet she is worried about if her husband got an award nod? He still got PAID for doing the film. booo fucking hooo.
>>
>>65060470
maybe now with you new plebs here, but its always been considered a joke around here
>>
>>65060023
>While we celebrate their extraordinary achievements, I am both heartbroken and frustrated about the lack of inclusion.
It is now basically a tragedy bordering on a crime to simply be white.

>This is a difficult but important conversation
Why do all these types of people speak in the same code? It's weird and creepy.
>>
>>65060603
Her husband was just in an oscar bait movie that got completely ignored

not saying concussion was oscar worthy or anything, but it's not like black people aren't trying
>>
>>65060669
>It is now basically a tragedy bordering on a crime to simply be white.
This sort of hysterical overreaction is as pathetic as the "gib osgar" ethnics clowns
>>
>>65059947
>Boone Isaacs
>Boone

seriously?
>>
>>65060728
How would you interpret that sentence? It's basically saying that it is "heartbreaking" that people otherwise minding their own business have a certain color of skin.
>>
forced integration or inclusion based on something like race is actually racist. These fucking liberals man
>>
File: 26363623.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
26363623.png
361 KB, 858x725
RIDE

WON'T

END
>>
>>65059947
Blacks need to be nominated even if it's not oscar whorthy because the oscars are about multiculturalism and inclusiveness.
We need more races in the oscars especially blacks, I don't know why but it FEELS rigth, that's how we must do all this awards, fuck quality, fuck academic and professional criticism in films, fuck that shit, we need to do things according to what we feel.
Give awards to every race, we don't want to be labeled as racists, do we? just give equal nominations and awards to every race, blacks especially and everyone would be happy gosh! it's 2016 c'mon people get with the times.
>>
>>65060789
Good luck ever getting that point across their thick skulls
>>
>>65060707
True. Problem is his acting in that movie was fucking awful.

They don't appear to be trying very hard. Seriously, name a Oscar-worthy black performance from 2015. I honestly can't think of one.

Biggest movies with black leads:
Creed
Straight Out of Compton
Concussion

I can't think of a SINGLE memorable movie with a black female lead.

And let's not ignore the elephant in the room - by and large in terms of high quality cinema, 2015 was a pretty shitty year. Fassbender and Damon got nominated fro best actor. They're already digging deep for those two based on The Martian and Jobs.
>>
>>65059947
affirmative action: the award show!
>>
>>65060786
>bordering on a crime to simply be white

Really? You really think this?
>>
File: 1453060389762.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1453060389762.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>65060835
>Oh, no. People are actually going to be nominated on merit now instead of white skin color
>>
>>65060897
>implying that isn't what has been happening lately
Please, do tell who all the black actors and actresses that were snubbed were?
>>
>>65060897
Careful with bait that big, you could strain your back.
>>
>>65059947
FUCK niggers, and ANYBODY that makes race accusations.

If whites aren't good enough for niggers, then niggers aren't good enough for me.
>>
>>65060897
>Implying that isn't already the case
>>
>>65060897
You mean people are going to be awarded on their skin color rather than merit.

If you honestly think forced diversity and bar lowering are a good thing, you are what is wrong with the world and we would like you to leave.

Sometimes whites in a country and greater culture that is mostly whites will dominate a certain industry in a given year. Sort of how like blacks dominate certain sports despite being 11% of the US population.
But yeah, maybe teams should be forced to be at least 50% white. Because that would make sense.
>>
>>65060897
>anime
>cuck
Confirmed Australian shitposter
>>
>>65059947

Oscars are a joke already.

So they will start forcing selections for anyone but whites so that they will nominate people who are not white either.

It's not like it's based on merit now.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 421x834
Jesus Christ, whine much /pol/?

It's not like white ppl won't still dominate the Oscars. If you guys are SOOOO great at acting, then you shouldn't be worried.
>>
>>65059947
>no one nomitated
>blah blah people of color
didn't someone important at the globes bitch about the same thing?
isn't ex machina nominated for shit?
half the actors in it arnt white
>>
>>65060845
Clearly a group of people, according to this quoted person with power, having the "wrong" type of skin color is not just something that is "heartbreaking" and then meant to be forgotten after a good cry but something that must be rectified. With unilateral decree.

They might not be lobbying the government to make formal laws but then that wouldn't be appropriate in this situation. They have internal rules that they can create and enforce... to make sure there's not too many of the "wrong" type of people.

I think that has connotation of it being a rule breaking crime (but not a formal governmental one) for have a wrong skin color.
>>
>>65060987
FYI, people of color now exclusively means black people
>>
I love how this board doesn't even believe in the Oscars until all of a sudden a bunch of race baiting SJWs claim blacks are underrepresented. Then the Oscars magically becomes a meritocracy instead of just studio jews paying for awards.
>>
>>65060973
When was the last time a white person won an Oscar? Usually it's just the chosen.
>>
>>65060987
white = not black

That's how they see it
>>
>>65059947
>black people is relly good at sports
Do you see how many blacks win medals at the Olympic Games? Yeah man those good genetics! how can white man even compete?

>black people is not good acting or making movies
Racism!

>black people is not good in something
Racism!
>>
File: 1449734986856.gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
1449734986856.gif
795 KB, 245x168
I can see the shit now
>make the voting base 40% black, 50% white, 10% mexican
>screeners sent out to the voters are uploaded to the internet and sold on street corners 10x faster than ever before
>>
>>65060897
Cheap (you) grab
>>
>>65060973
Isn't that what just happened?
And nogs and SJW just lost their shit.

Its not like there is some law stopping blacks from being nominated.
Its just that there happened to be better white actors/movies/etc.

What the above post means is that now people will be so scared to be called racist, that in 2017 all Tyler Perry movies will be retroactively given Oscars.

True anti-racism isn't whinning like a faggot about race all the time.
>>
>>65060897
nicely done

citizen_kane_clapping.gif
>>
>>65061010
Idk you look it up. But aren't DDL and Jack Nicholson the record holders for Oscars? That's gotta say something.
>>
Wow
Shills are for real and have arrived to /tv/ and not simple media shills.
>>
>>65061003
And yet it is still an all white selection, despite the bitching.
>>
>>65061049
That's funny because that's all that /pol/ does is whine.

Anyways, I think they're just looking for a few noms... they're not trying to take over.
>>
>>65061051
Daniel Day Lewis is a jew through matrilineality, Jack isn't though.
>>
>>65061079
It's been this bad for a while anon
>>
>>65059947
>So are they just going to include anyone in the Academy that isn't white?

Yeah pretty much. It's ironic that SJWs complain about skin colour when they're the ones who care about the colour of skin most of all. If you're black, you're in, even if you don't have the necessary skills or talent.
>>
Social media is poison. Fuck Cuckerberg and whoever the hell invented Twitter.
>>
CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuk93nfYHI1u0r0dgo1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x433
>>65061098
>>
I did find it funny how Straight Outta Compton movie only acknowledged white people.

Other than that don't add color just because of pressure.

Micheal B Jordan was great in Creed though
>>
File: 1430209345178.gif (179 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1430209345178.gif
179 KB, 500x211
>>65059947
Friendly reminder that "diversity" is code for "anti-white".
>>
>>65061098
So lower the bar right?

Unless you're a SJW cuck obsessed with race, it shouldn't have even mattered.
Their thoughts should have been those movies were great, or they sucked or w/e

Not "reeeee where's muh diversity, where's muh blacks"
Because that shit is what's wrong with the West.

Things should be judged on their merit. Maybe that makes me a /pol/ boogyman though.
>>
File: ahahaha.webm (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
ahahaha.webm
1 MB, 1280x544
>>65060200
>>
File: Capture.png (266 KB, 735x369) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
266 KB, 735x369
>>65061010
With the exception of the bean director and writers the last big winner didn't have any jewish producers
>>
>>65061246
>20% is considered good now

Reminder, 2% of the population
>>
>>65060189
>can't use racist old white men as an excuse
Oh they'll find a way, anon. Kinda like how cops killing black people didn't matter when there was a white president and attorney general but when a black man gets elected president and a black man is attorney general it's all the white mans fault again.
>>
>>65060098

Fucking lol
>>
>>65061202
anti-fat is code for anti-Samoan
>>
>>65061423
Reminder that 99% of the studio executives are jews and to have a few actors and composers is nothing.
>>
>>65061491
>>65061491
Well they can't make it too obvious

What % was the previous big winner ? (before Birdman)
>>
File: 2.jpg (39 KB, 738x371) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
39 KB, 738x371
>>65061246
>20%
No wonder why Boyhood lost
>>
so what are the 2016 oscar bait movies starring black people?

we should know by now right?
>>
>>65059947
This response seems a bit sudden. The Academy announces it's new inclusion policies as a timely and sensitive response to valid criticism from some of the most respected minorities in Hollywood.

Sounds like it was all just pre-arranged PR.
This sounds
>>
>>65060830
Fassbender is an actually great actor though. But I agree with everything else you said
>>
File: skg.jpg (139 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
skg.jpg
139 KB, 440x300
tl;dr the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is full of old Jews
>>
next year

>THESE TWO BLACK PEOPLE WERE NOMINATED IN EACH CATEGORY BUT NONE WON!!
>>
>>65061457
This is some true shit!
>>
From this day forward, we will always have at least two black nominees. And each year, these black nominees will not deserve their nomination.
>>
Why do sjw defend niggers more then asians or latinos?
>>
>>65059947
Why don't they just realise the black skin awards. That way they don't have to enter a competition based on merit and enter the competition that they really want. The black skin hand out awards. For participating while being black award.
>>
>>65061216
so you really think selma had no merit? Really? even in the "blacker" movies only white cast members got nominated? u think that is completely merit based?

u get a demerit
>>
ask those who were upset at the oscar "whiteout" if they are equally as upset at the nba "blackout."
>>
reminder that black people make 13% of the population in the united states and make up 12.5% of the speaking roles in hollywood films
>>
Mainstream film award shows don't make sense to me. They're so blatantly nationalistically bias, what's the point? In whatever year, Michael Palin won a BAFTA for A Fish Called Wanda. I love that film and that performance, but, what? The Oscars sometimes include one or two foreign films, and yet they also have a relegation pool for foreign films -- so what's the point?

The Oscars operate on this conceit that they're honoring the best films of that year but they're not at all. They honor Hollywood films most akin to the arthouse mode, and then sometimes ignore that entirely for the most polished Hollywood drama. It's just strange to me.

At least at Cannes there's a new panel each year, a slew of films are selected as a preliminary requirement, and then a multifaceted panel vote on those (globally-relevant) films.
>>
File: Norm_what.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Norm_what.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>65061577
>>65061246

>mfw "J-DAR" is a site made by Jews and not antisemites.
>>
>>65061670
Because asians and latinos have been making great films since the 40s. Not in Hollywood but Hollywood is fucking garbage anyway.
>>
File: ayy yo hol up.jpg (156 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ayy yo hol up.jpg
156 KB, 600x400
>tfw Tyler Perry get Oscar nominations for Madea's year later
>>
>>65061697
And what % of lead roles? What % of the population is women, and what % of lead roles are women?

You ain't slick, busta.
>>
>>65061684
so you're saying that white folks are naturally better at acting just like black folks are obviously better at basketball?

lmao you're a fucking fool
>>
>>65061819
>HOL UP
>>
>>65061733
It is very much in the vested interest of Academy voters, who have ties to the Hollywood film industry, to promote films from major studios with big name actors or directors. Anyone who appreciates cinema knows where to look.
>>
>so much damage over niggers who in the first place would never actually watch the Oscars no matter how many niggers get nominated

Seriously fuck the Oscars, on the fact from now on they have to pander to these niggers instead of these nigger actually doing something worth watching
>>
>>65062078
They don't HAVE to, it's white guilt cucks & jews who want to pander
>>
File: 1430093700177.jpg (25 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1430093700177.jpg
25 KB, 512x397
>>
This fucking board is obsessed with this shit, aren't you?
>>
>>65062165
no, black people are
>>
they can have the oscar's, can we just please keep the presidency and politics from being a thing that needs to be "diversified"?
>>
>>65062165
Krager nigger krager nigger
>>
>>65061819

Yes that is what i'm saying, Tyrone. I know it's not that easy for you to comprehend simple words and sentences with your negroid brain.
>>
>>65062196
Obviously are all are as well, to keep making threads every time some celebrity comments on the situation isn't healthy.
>>
File: Token1603.png (55 KB, 231x295) Image search: [Google]
Token1603.png
55 KB, 231x295
>>65059947
>getting nominated because youre black

isnt that really offensive?
>>
>>65062278
>some celebrity
this is about what the academy president is saying

oscars about to become even more of a joke with AA

only good for watching the On Cinema live coverage
>>
wait what movie did will smith get snubbed for?
>>
>>65060361
Typical 4chan overraction. She's simply saying she wants more diversity amongst the Academy voters so that it's more indicative of the diversity of America's population (the academy is filled with 97% white voters, whereas white population in America is 65%). This really has nothing to do with the films produced
>>
>>65060770
As an Australian, I fucking laughed at this
>>
File: Capture - 02.jpg (52 KB, 653x326) Image search: [Google]
Capture - 02.jpg
52 KB, 653x326
>>65062319
>>
>>65062165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>65062384
I saw 5 min of an interview on ESPN on that, was it really intended to be a piece for the oscars? Looked like a flick to me
>>
>there are cases of bad government treatment of Detroit's water supply and none of these niggers help out their fellow niggers who are being screwed by the government

>but it's more important to complain for a stupid show where the people who are complaining are pretty much has beens
>>
>>65062423
Just take a look at that summary: "pls gib me oscah.avi"
>>
File: 1342038301637.jpg (60 KB, 490x364) Image search: [Google]
1342038301637.jpg
60 KB, 490x364
>>65059947
>"94% Caucasian"
Why is the news trying to tell me Jewish people are of European ancestry.
>>
>>65062338
>(the academy is filled with 97% white voters, whereas white population in America is 65%

The academy is international. Europeans, Canadians, and Australians make up a decent percentage of them.

What percentage of Canadian and European film makers are black?

Being American-centric is a huge problem among the African Americans.
>>
>>65062384
>with one of the most powerful institutions in the world

that objectively can't be true right... football is big but it can't even be close to a bank or insurance company big.
>>
>>65061677
I mean that I believe the best choices were nominated. I didn't say black movies had no merit but that there were obviously better choices.

And I think it should be that way. Race shouldn't even be a factor like it is for university or job admissions.

The best person, regardless of race should be nominated. The academy shouldn't have to have some odd percentage of this race or that race.

If some years it means all whites, then w/e. The US and the West are overwhelmingly white. It isn't that surprising that they were the best represented and not like a trans-mulatto Zoroastrians.

What you want is some token head nod, which is how you treat kids (and really we shouldn't even do it then), but people in the professional world should act like adults.
>>
>>65062464
because jewish people are simultaneously white and not white at the same time

Schrodinger's white
>>
>>65062338
>Jews are over represented in Hollywood
>Fucking white man!!
>>
>>65062338
Hispanic white is pretty damn confusing and will probably disapear as a term in 20 years.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>65060200
fuck me...
>>
Really???
>>
>>65060201
>They get called out for internalised racism
>Academy rereplaced with muslim transwomen
>>
>>65062338
that's why it's called the fucking academy. The voting is supposed to represent the industry not the US population
>>
>>65060830
Nightingale was memorable, but it was on /tv/.
>>
>>65062558
>trying to guilt trip Hispanics

Doesn't work that way pendejo.
>>
File: citizen_cane.gif (287 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
citizen_cane.gif
287 KB, 480x360
>>65061050
here you go m8
>>
>>65062575
>The voting is supposed to represent the industry not the US population

And again, these are international actors not just Americans.

For example, "best actress" category is traditionally dominated by women who are veterans of the british theater and the Royal Shakespeare Company in particular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_in_Royal_Shakespeare_Company_productions

So you have this theater compnay in englandland that has been churning out world class actors and actresses for decades. The cream rise to the top, and then they come to America to become award winning actors.

American blacks will accuse this of being institutionalized racism. It obviously isn't.
>>
>>65060830
What? You didn't like "TELL DA TROOF!"? That shit was great.
>>
File: conundrum.png (265 KB, 460x696) Image search: [Google]
conundrum.png
265 KB, 460x696
>>65059947
>>
>>65061008
No, it's still studio Jews giving out awards. Why don't the black people want to call them out?

Because they'll get the Mel Gibson treatment that's why. So they blame whitey instead. That's my only dog in the fight teebee8ch
>>
File: 1443509308752.gif (200 KB, 159x124) Image search: [Google]
1443509308752.gif
200 KB, 159x124
>>65062864
>>
>>65059947
>>65061627
>>65062464
Is this another tactic to divide races?
>>
>>65061021
fucking lol
>>
File: 1453083087856.png (284 KB, 987x1566) Image search: [Google]
1453083087856.png
284 KB, 987x1566
They should go the way of the music industry :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 366x158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 366x158
>>65059947

It's quotas, then.
>>
>>65059947
>NBA full of blacks because they are the most talented
>Oscars are racist for the lack of diversity because no black people this year

The hypocrisy of the modern black is baffling to me.
>>
>>65063049
>all that horrible black people music

give me more gangsta rap not this homo shit.
>>
>>65062753

Just to clarify further take a look at this years women nominees:

Kate Blanchett: Australian. Veteran of Sydney Theater Company

Charlotte Rampling: British. Cabaret background)

Saoirse Ronan: Irish. Irish TV background)

Brie Larson: Real name Brianne Sidonie Desaulniers. Her parents moved to American and French was her first language but she was raised in California. Theater background).

Jennifer lawrence: Normal all-American girl, no theater background

Blacks are already over-represented at the academy awards already when you factor in the international competition. Americans only make up a minority of the nominees and blacks make up a minority of that minority.
>>
Once they start doing this, myself, as well as tons of other white people, will stop caring/watching the oscars
>>
>>65063121
But what we consider gangsta rap was about social issues not spending money on junk. I wonder when blacks realized that their culture and dignity have been hijacked by the market into the utterly debasing shitfest it is today.
>>
>>65063049
I hate nigger music
>>
>>65059947
Leo's not getting that Oscar.
>>
>>65063066
>sheev dubs
Oh boyyyy!
>>
>>65063151
Jennifer Lawrence was nominated AGAIN?

what the fuck for?
>>
>>65063164
Gangsta rap was fucking cool but now I go to the hip hop channel on pandora or urban station and it's like...

pop music with a slightly harder electronic beat. Just horrible. Really really horrible.

It's like boy band shit but with a different style of synths.
>>
>>65063205

If he does, the world will end.
>>
File: actress.jpg (118 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
actress.jpg
118 KB, 1200x628
>>65063214

"Joy". it's her 4th nomination.
>>
>>65063284
Joy seems like blatant oscar bait
>>
>>65063326

I think "45 years" is the more blatant Oscar bait.

Tagline: “Can you still have your heart broken in old age?”
>>
>>65059947
maybe people other than white people should be better actors, producers, directors, etc
>>
>idris elba with a shitty african accent
>will smith with a shitty african accent
>one expression bog standard performance in creed
>benicio del toro playing that one role he always plays again
>nothing performance from that chick no one has ever heard of in creed
>sam jackson playing that role he always plays and making a white man suck his dick

oscars go to the best performances. there were no good ones from 'people of colour' this year.
>>
>>65059947
is 2016 oscar the reddit of all oscars?
>>
>>65061586
Tyler Perry's
Madea Cucked a white boi
>>
>>65061819
This year they were.
>>
File: 1453193296394.png (509 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1453193296394.png
509 KB, 640x1136
WE WUZ OSCA AN SHIT BEFORE THME WHITE HOMOS STOLE IT.
>>
>Nig nogs honestly believe there's some white supremacy conspiracy to keep the blacks down instead of an awards show being based on talent
Honestly, how fucking delusional can you be?
>>
>>65059947

>Gender

It's already full of women

>Sexual orientation

It's already full of gays

>Ethnicity

It's already dominated by minorities

What a load of horse shit.
>>
I'm looking forward to the year that they hand out Oscars to every nominee.
>>
>>65060897

>Oh, no. People are going to be nominated because of black skin color instead of merit

ftfy
>>
yay for racial quotas...
>>
>now award nominees will be picked with the idea "we can't have all whites" in mind rather than talent
>>
File: bbcinida.jpg (128 KB, 816x818) Image search: [Google]
bbcinida.jpg
128 KB, 816x818
where are all the indian nominees?
>>
>>65060897
dumb animeposter
>>
>>65063816
kek

they should just make a black Oscars and give this as trophy out
>>
The real question is blacks or jews in the ovens first?
>>
File: Nextoscars.jpg (53 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
Nextoscars.jpg
53 KB, 640x464
>>65059947
>>
>>65064322
Pooing on the streets
>>
File: 1451769544037.jpg (36 KB, 350x299) Image search: [Google]
1451769544037.jpg
36 KB, 350x299
>>65064437
>filename
>>
Aunt viv keeping it real
https://youtu.be/N9eY-kKXBnQ
>>
>>65064888
sassy af
>>
File: lousypresident.png (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lousypresident.png
56 KB, 500x375
>>65059947
Does this whole debacle remind anyone of what Clinton said in that Simpsons episode 15 or so years ago?

>Thank you, Lisa, for teaching kids everywhere a valuable lesson: If things don't go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true

What a pussy cop out from the Academy. Why not just say the field was competitive and we believe the actors nominated were the more deserving? This desperate apology make them seem racist towards blacks and diminishes the achievement of the nominees. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>negro pets turning on their marxist jewish masters

good good
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
>>65063503
>Martian
>Mad Max
>>
>>65060200
The funny part is you actually typed this all out, thinking you were smart
>>
File: 1453194504784.jpg (93 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1453194504784.jpg
93 KB, 653x590
>>65063049
Blacks are better at making music, they always were

>mfw Beatles and Elvis just ripped off nigger songs
>>
>>65065475
at least he didn't demand an award for it
>>
>>65063049
gosh no wonder why music is getting shittier.
>nigga nigga nigga
>ass ass ass
>money money

fuck this is i heard about radio everyfucking time
>>
>>65065549
Damn right, preach it brother

>turns on swedish metal
>headbangs when "stapling tapeworms to my penis" comes up
>>
>lack of inclusion

Shouldn't this shit be based on merit rather than some imaginary quotas you want fulfilled?
>>
File: patrician.png (149 KB, 232x238) Image search: [Google]
patrician.png
149 KB, 232x238
>>65065509
>mfw you are to stupid to appreciate or understand classical music the greatest music ever composed by man
>mfw you are a dumb frogposter
>>
>>65065509
>mozart was black
>>
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>65059947
>"The Academy is taking dramatic steps to alter the makeup of our membership. In the coming days and weeks we will conduct a review of our membership recruitment in order to bring about much-needed diversity in our 2016 class and beyond,"

RIP in peace Oscars
>>
>>65060178
now you understand the liberal mentality
>>
>>65059947
Ok its final, feminism and the SJW movement are being pushed by the CIA or the Illuminati for sure.
>>
I can think of nothing more debasing and insulting to minorities than whites giving them pity awards.

I wish people realized that and I wish minorities stopped being ok with it.
>>
>>65059947
>gender, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation
How the fuck does any of this matter in judging movies and acting?
>>
>>65065080

Because at the end of the day Oscars don't determine what most people watch anymore and its all just a big get together party for the Hollywood rich and famous. They don't matter anymore.
>>
>>65062338
Why should it be more diverse? If the best critics happen to be white, then so be it. Why should you put black people in there just so some sensitive morons don't feel bad? I don't give a fuck that NBA is mostly black.
>>
Ryan Coogler and Elba should have get a nomination desu.
Coogler carried the whole project and the movie turned out pretty good, and Elba was better than Rufallo.
>>
Do they count jews as "white"?
>>
>>65061105
>matrilineality

Actually mother's line means you are truly jewish.
>>
File: WE_WUZ.png (4 MB, 2016x1764) Image search: [Google]
WE_WUZ.png
4 MB, 2016x1764
>>65059947
It's pure jealousy

Jada has never made anything remotely worthy of recognition
Spike Lee only gets recognition BECAUSE he's black
And every single year Will Smiff has been nominated he's lost to ANOTHER BLACK ACTOR
>>
How long until they just make their own Black version of Oscars?
>>
>>65061423
they dominate the nobels, the true master race.
>>
cop out
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.