[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Fitzgerald.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg (254 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg
254 KB, 800x798
Tell me about Fitzgerald.
>>
Why does he wear the doo rag
>>
>>65042766
Well perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a bear before throwing it out of a plane
>>
>>65042766
hair loss
>>
>>65043286
why was he messing with his scalp in that one scene?
>>
>>65042766

Not sure if serious, but the whole movie is a metaphorical manifestation of the feud between Brett Easton Ellis and David Foster Wallace.
>>
Is it just me or was Tom Hardy's accent in the Revenant as difficult to comprehend as his Bane voice?

I have no fucking idea what he was saying.
>>
>>65043355
It was a little over the top, but I always knew what he was saying.
>>
>>65043317
You know he survived scalping right? that's why he had a massive bald patch. You didn't manage to watch the movie and not get a defining part of his character which he explicitly tells a story about.
>>
>>65043317
Some of them tree niggers got to him
>>
PELT?
>>
>>65042745
If i bite your ear off, will you die?
>>
NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR FEAR CAPTAIN
THAT COMES LATER
>>
>>65042745
>On est tous des sauvage

He'd a agree, which is ironic considering how much bile he reserves for red-skinned savages in particular. Shows how unreflecting, selfish and lonely he is. Can't really blame him for being that way, he lives in a hard world- but I can't root for him. There are just as many far more noble characters living in the same awful world as him. He's pitiable because he really won't ever be able to understand them.

And his "revenge won't bring them back" laughably missed the point in particular. Bringing 'em back is not the point. In a wilderness like that justice will look a lot like revenge. One of the most decent and civilized characters comes along on Glasses ostensibly "personal revenge" mission and pays for it; his presence is society's endorsement of Glass and condemnation of Fitz.

Which is fine, if Fitz want's to say "no" to society (which he seems to have been doing most of his life, or at least living on the edge of it), he can: it's just gonna be a lonely life of a lot of running.

Good luck out there, asshole. Oh wait, you're dead!
>>
File: 6789g987g978yh8h870h78hed.jpg (342 KB, 883x733) Image search: [Google]
6789g987g978yh8h870h78hed.jpg
342 KB, 883x733
>>65043355
I had no idea he was Bane. Not even joking.
>>
>>65044915
Well, he lived in real life, but Innaritu had to give it the ol' Hollywood treatment.
>>
>>65045008
I dunno what you mean by "real life" but I assume you mean something like: "he was a redpill masta, fuck the haters, he knew what was up, he was living his life right, them other idiots were living in various states of delusion and folly, but not my nigga here, he is euphoric because he is enlightened by his intelligence"?

Yeah, no. For one, he's too simple-minded and imbecilic. He doesn't have the self-reflection to be marked as "living in reality" (not saying any of the characters are particularly introspective or have a coherent idea of what their life is, but he's definitely too stupid to qualify). He's obviously own-aware of the ironies of his own beliefs; he can't have it both ways: either we're all savages or you get to sneer at some people you call savages.

He was clearly too weak to live alone or had prosaic, conventional desires, both evidenced by his choice to live among other people. But, he was also a pretty standard miscreant. Either he was too dumb to live the life he wanted *in* society, or he was too weak and dumb to hack it on his own, but his choice to live on the edge shows a failure to commit to either and the ignorance of his state.
>>
NOTHING WRONG
O
T
H
I
N
G

W
R
O
N
G
>>
>>65045336
No, he means he actually lived in real life. Glass let him live because Fitzgerald didn't kill his made up son.
>>
>>65045511
Oh, the historical Hugh Glass? Got it.
>>
>>65043355
It was useless considering that it pretty much has no historical basis. He said he wanted to sound like the Sergeant from Platoon. He ended up with some weird mix of Pennsylvania, Appalachia, and modern Texan country boy. He does end up slurring his words due to the 'lazy drawl' aspect.

Doesn't help that he's somehow the only person in the movie with that particular accent.
>>
>>65042766
>>65043317
>>65043286
He got scalped by some Indians. Did you not pay attention? He even says that's what happened.
>>
>>65043317
Because he was sad
He lost his hair, his beautiful mane, and nothing can be done to get it back
If the injuns never scalped him, he wouldn't have been such an asshole.
But, alas such is the nature of tree niggers.
Big sky niggers on the other hand don't take your topknot. Thats the only reason he really wants to go to texas.
>>
>>65043355
Im english and could understand him perfectly
>>
>>65043355
He had a real Philadelphia accent which I found weird

Like he said "wooter" instead of "water"
>>
If I pull that scalp off, will you die?
>>
What was that story about God being a squirrel? I could only understand maybe every third word.
>>
I understood him perfectly.

>>65046026
lol I'm from philly.
>>
>>65046078
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mh-6IW7PB0
>>
What was the situation with the indian character we saw. He wanted to find his daughter and so took the horses from the french to find her, then later we see that his daughter was with those same french people? Then Leo saves her and she ends up with the indians again at the end and then the Injuns kill Tom Hardy?

Was it implied that Hardy was the one who took the daughter and they were getting revenge? Or was his murder at the end just "fuck whitey"?
>>
>>65045963
Not them but it was hard to understand his mumbling at times. At least it wasn't as bad as the first TDKR trailer.
>>
>>65046159
it was mostly fuck whitey.
>>
>>65042745
He wasn't wrong in his argument about wanting to ditch Glass so the whole group wouldn't end up with a back full of arrows.

One of the few times I've rooted for the "bad guy".
>>
>>65042745
Why does he speak in an incomprehensible way, is it an accent, a lisp, does he have something in his mouth or is he wearing a mask ?
>>
>>65046078
Is it... ALWAYS SUNNY?

XD
>>
>>65046159
It was just fuck whitey we have to assume, because there's absolutely no indication that the Indians actually ever had an idea where she was or who had her. It's possible the French had her hidden away when the Indians came a-calling that one time.
>>
>Tom Hardy speaks with a distractingly silly accent that is barely understandable.
>Still ends up being a great performance and often the highlight of the movie
How does he keep doing it? He was a bit too understated in Max for me but this was prime Hardy.
>>
the final sequence was absolutely badass and elevated the whole movie.
>>
>>65046159
Yeah, wait, what the fuck this confused me so much.

During the first scene with the french, they basically ask for a woman as payment as well as the pelts, and I just naturally assumed that this girl was one that they got. I swear at some point they made actual reference to "those horses were a good exchange for you" or something.

The the film ends and ... i guess she was pokawa? or maybe not? fuck man I do'nt know, I liked the movie a lot but it felt messy af
>>
>>65046312
No one sane really has an issue with Fitz wanting to ditch Glass. Glass got mauled by a god damn bear and even had his throat sliced. Nobody would assume that he would survive, everybody though he would certainly succumb to his wounds and die. The issue is that Fitz went out of his way to murder Glass before his time actually came, then he killed Hawke in front of Glass and lied to the kid in order to leave a still breathing Glass in a ditch.
>>
>>65043242
Ok, I kekd.
>>
BIG OL MEATY SQUIRREL
>>
>>65046312
"Okay now I'll just strangle him against his will and knife his boy to death, before trying to murder my companion"

Yeah real stand up fella
>>
>>65046159
>>65046571
I was late to the movie by maybe 15-20 minutes. What did I miss? How late was I really? I got there at the start of the first (?) battle scene where everybody is fighting to reach the wooden boat and people from both sides are dropping like flies.
>>
>>65043348
Wat.
>>
>>65042745
Was he wearing a skunk or a badger on his head once they found Glass?
>>
>>65046679
The fight scene happens quick and without warning. The movie begins with Leo telling his son to keep breathing while 2deep4u flashbacks play. Then it cuts to the present where Glass, Hawke, and Bridger are hunting. They fire a shot and Fitzgerald hears it, getting all pissy (and justifiably so considering they soon get attacked)
>>
>>65042745
he didn du nuffin
>>
>>65046776
Then they get attacked and that battle starts?So I didn't miss a whole lot?
>>
I'd love to quote some lines from this film but the only ones I managed to comprehend from Fitzgerald were something like

>OH YAH HE FOUND GOD SO HE DID
>WERE A BIG SQUIRREL
>BIG MEATY NUTS
>I ATE THAT FUCKER RIGHT UP GOOD
>>
>>65046816
Not really depending on how much of the battle you missed, you literally missed five minutes. did you catch the camera changing perspective throughout the battle?
>>
I'm not an English native speaker and watched this one without subtitles. I could barely understand the fuck he was saying; I'd tried to get the main point or words, but when he went on to tell the story about his dad or about his scalp I had a bad time.
>>
>>65046033

I think it was just showing how callous and insane Fitzgerald was, that his father apparently claimed to find God, but it was just a squirrel and Fitzgerald thought it was funny so he killed and ate it.
>>
>>65046821
I live in the south east and a disturbing amount of people talk exactly like that, so I think he did a good job
>>
>>65046848
Yeah, I think the only thing I missed was the very instance the battle starts.
>>
>>65046679

You basically missed nothing other than it showing Leo out hunting away from the camp.
>>
>>65046961
did you at least see the guy getting shot in the throat with the arrow and blood gurgling out of his throat?
>>
>>65046984
Yup.
>>
no one ever mentions in these threads how the captain screws Fitzgerald over at the end
>>
>>65047032
that was literally the beginning of the battle
>>
>>65047038
What, the whole $300 short conversation?
>>
>>65047092
yeah, FItz was the only one trying to save the pelts and he gets screwed for it because Captain Daddy's Boy doesn't like him.
>>
LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A SCALPED MAN
>>
>>65047132
Yeah, True. I can't blame him for stealing all the money from the safe then hauling ass out of the camp. Still, he had it coming.
>>
File: image.png (583 KB, 875x661) Image search: [Google]
image.png
583 KB, 875x661
>>65046159
>>65046291
>>65046426
I didn't take it as "fuck whitey," but I saw it as the Injuns thanking Leo for freeing that girl from the Frenchies.
>>
>>65047267
That's why they didn't kill Leo. Or rather, that's why they didn't put him out of his misery because he was dying anyway.
>>
>>65046603
Maybe he had second thoughts about snuffing Glass after having to off his kid in front of him.

It was a fucked up situation, but still, I don't disagree with Fitz.
>>
>>65047371
>Maybe he had second thoughts about snuffing Glass

Yeah, which is why instead of staying with him or at least trying to get him back to the camp, he tosses Glass in a hole then covers him with dirt right after killing his son.

Second thoughts, my ass.
>>
the whole "just blink" scene won both actors the Oscar, by the way.
>>
>>65046661
>real stand up fella
>forgetting the French

Fitzgerald left a dying man in a ditch to save his crew and cash out.

The French traded with the father of the chick they kidnapped and raped all while letting him go on a warpath.

Fitzgerald > the French

agree?
>>
>>65046501
Because Hardy is a God.
>>
>>65042745
Not trolling here. I can't be the only one who doesn't get what makes this movie "great." On a technical level it was very well done. But on every other level the film fell flat for me.
>>
>>65047655
It's the first movie to make me feel the same way Gladiator felt when I first saw it. I hope it wins Best Picture.
>>
>>65046571
You've got it completely fucked up. That was Paqawa. The French had her all along, they traded the pelts for the horses because they knew the ree were looking for her, and it would get them away from where she actually was. When they said at the end "Where's the girl, we didn't trade those horses for nothing" it was a joke, cause they tricked the Indians.

They never asked the Indians for a girl at the beginning.
>>
So, is there an 1080 HD rip of this piece of shit flick available? Can't be bothered to go to the cinema
>>
>>65047764
>They never asked the Indians for a girl at the beginning.
There was a line about wanting women with big tits in that first scene with thr French
>>
>>65047896
ok but that wasn't a serious request, they were trying to trade weapons and ammos for pelts, not women. besides, they already had the girl.
>>
>>65046892
its defining fitzgeralds worldview. his dad finds "god" when he finds a fat squirrel after days of starving. he then killed and ate "the sumbitch". fitzgerald is an amoral cunt who wants to pull one over on everyone.
>>
Why did dicaprio look at the camera?
>>
>>65048226
Hes passing from his reality into oblivion. That's really what the 4h wall is
>>
THE
>>
PELTS
>>
>>65043348
Heh. Well done anon.
>>
>>65048226
Because throughout the film we share in his lust for revenge, and hope to see him get it. When he realises that he is destroying himself for his vengeance, and that it won't really change anything, he has to let go of that lust. The audience is encouraged to do the same. Leo breaks the fourth wall so that this realisation is shared more strongly.
>>
>>65047807
No reason to watch it on a tiny screen really.
>>
I really liked the characters in this movie, especially liked a lot of the downtime scenes with said characters. I feel like DiCaprio really gave off a strong sense of him actually being badly injured. Like when he crawled over to the big river, started a small fire, then tried fanning the flames by blowing on it but he couldn't because his throat was cut badly.
>>
>>65048226
I thought it was meant to imply that Glass fulfilled his purpose and now has no meaning, so with him looking at the audience infers they don't see anything in him either
>>
>>65048884
How did he destroy himself for vengence when he started his quest destroyed and his vengence was the only thing that got him to that point?
>>
I've watched it twice and I don't get it.

I was also black out drunk both times, but that had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>65047267
yea i saw them sparing him and killing fitz as payment for services rendered.
>>
>>65046033
>>65046892
>>65048080
His dad was going crazy from starvation, prays to god, "god" is a fat squirrel that he eats so he doesn't starve to death
so either he ate god because he's crazy or god gave him a gift of a squirrel meal so he wouldn't starve
>>
If i take that scalp off, will you die?
>>
The kid with the eyebrows has some fine range. Kinda raging that we won't get to see him as Pennywise. Can see how great that would've been.
>>
>>65042745
gotta admit, there was a part of the bear attack that looks like its raping leo
>>
>>65050053
The final fight also had some sexual elements
>>
>>65048226
Leo was eyefucking the Academy Judges, hoping for a fucking Oscar literally crying for one 2bh
>>
>>65049032
Lmao same.
>>
So what was I to assume from Leo breaking the fourth wall at the end of the movie?
>>
>>65045336
>>65045780
Lol you dumbass
>>
>>65043355
YEWN YER HALF BREED SON

IGHN TALKINT YEW
>>
>>65050995
I think it might be a callback to the end of birdman
>>
He was right about those tree niggers the whole time
>>
>>65047896
He was just stating something he wanted which he couldn't have. It'd be like me saying "I want a billion dollars and eternal happiness but it ain't going to happen so deal with the pelts"
>>
>>65042766
He's a big guy
>>
>>65050995
I didn't notice anything?
>>
>>65043348
Shit
>>
>>65043355
yar came ol dis we fur reeevenj huh glass? cuz therr aint nuthin gon bring yar boy back
>>
>>65045957

Because people come from different places and the United States is a big place?
>>
DID YOU ENJOY IT
>>
File: 1399010260805.jpg (26 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1399010260805.jpg
26 KB, 550x412
>>65048659
>>65048693
>>65048730
nice
>>
File: 1452063842932.jpg (64 KB, 852x470) Image search: [Google]
1452063842932.jpg
64 KB, 852x470
>>65043242
BEAR?
>>
>>65047655
if you look at the movie from a historical aspect its alot better too, the life of the American trapper in pursuit of manifest destiny during the American Indian wars of the late 1800's
>>
He got fooled by the ol' stick holding up a corpse gag.
>>
the opening battle had me grinning with anticipation for the whole thing. can't say a movie has done that for me in a long long time

but I do fondly remember going to see the first iron man with my friend Brendan and reveling when he breaks out of the cave with his flame throwers, giggling like mad cunts

I'd honestly say those have been my two favorite cinema experiences
>>
Pretty shitty dude, but a good antagonist. Too bad the movie felt apart once Glass made it back to the fort.

>going out with only two men after Fitzgerald
>splitting up for no good reason
>retarded dead man on the horse trick
>Glass chickening out and not finishing Fitz himself
>Chief *tips feathered headdress* as he walks by Glass
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.