[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Patriot: Confederate Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: The-Free-State-of-Jones.jpg (1 MB, 3130x2130) Image search: [Google]
The-Free-State-of-Jones.jpg
1 MB, 3130x2130
>The Patriot: Confederate Edition
>>
More like cuck edition.
>>
>>64958285
He does the cucking though, you knobhound
>>
File: You better be joking.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
You better be joking.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>64958259

>TFW no american civil war game made yet
>>
>>64958259
does it have an evil Union colonel burning down churches?
>>
>>64958452
>wanting 15 second reload animations
>>
>>64958452
Did you never play North vs. South?
>>
>>64958484
>evil
It's war faggot.
>>
>>64958452
Just because you're too pleb to play strategy games doesn't mean there aren't Civil War games.
>>
>>64958452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZHhwKVmm7A
>>
>>64958509
The Union was objectively evil in the Civil War.

If it was a modern conflict Grantbwould have been charged with war crimes.
>>
>>64958876
>Grant would have been charged with war crimes
>not Sherman

stay plebeian you dirty rabble shit
>>
>>64958452

War of Rights is looking good.
>>
File: Cleburne'sProphecyComeToPass.jpg (79 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Cleburne'sProphecyComeToPass.jpg
79 KB, 624x352
>>64958876
While I do agree that the South was in the right, you have to admit that they did some pretty shitty things to. Bloody Bill, Andersonville (although that was due to a refusal of prisoner exchange), Fort Pillow. I guess war does blur the lines of morality.
>>
>>64958942
They raped and murdered civilians, burned farmland and killed livestock, destroyed whole towns.

The Confederacy was defending its citizens from an organized campaign of violence and terror against non-military targets.
>>
>and tells the story of defiant Southern farmer, Newt Knight, and his extraordinary armed rebellion against the Confederacy
>against the Confederacy

CUUUUCKED!
>>
>>64958876
Every fucking southern should have been hanged for treason.

Sherman's March to the Sea should have earned him a place on our currency.
>>
>>64958452

Are strategy games not games to you? You must be a child.
>>
>>64958501
>not wanting bayonet charges, hand to hand combat and gorilla warfare
>>
>>64959001
And I'm sure the Union army was the first ever army to employ such tactics in combat. It's war sonny, and war is hell.
>>
>>64958566

lel, this
>>
>>64958876

This. The South was completely in the legal right to secede.
>>
File: north-korea propaganda.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
north-korea propaganda.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
>>64959001
>THEY RAPED AND MURDERED WOMAN AND CHILDREN
Where did i hear this before?
>>
>>64959040
>Sherman's March to the Sea should have earned him a place on our currency

Amen. Normies always bring up Patton, or MacArthur when it comes to our greatest military commanders. I've always admired Sherman as a commander, ever since I first read about his campaigns in middle school.
>>
>>64959040
>Every fucking southern should have been hanged for treason.
this is wrong

the north were the traitors to the republic. the civil war was about upholding the republic which meant preserving state's rights. the south had a right to war since the federal government sought to take away their rights to govern themselves. the north winning eventually led to the massive federal government and bureaucratic nightmare we have today. the north winning meant the republic was destroyed

inb4 southern retard

i'm from wisconsin
>>
>>64959084

Typical yankee. You don't even understand the implications of what you just said.

>be the North
>ostensibly fight to reunite people it called brothers
>proceed to rape, murder, burn and kill "brothers"

It was an imperial war of conquest, not a slavery crusade and not reuniting "brothers."
>>
File: latest[10].png (15 KB, 901x574) Image search: [Google]
latest[10].png
15 KB, 901x574
>always outnumbered
>shittier equipment
>shittier infrastructure
>almost won anyway
Why are southerners so based?
>>
>>64959207
>modern day usa
>greatest nation of earth
>nightmare

Either hang yourself, or fuck off back to Europe.
>>
>>64959001
if the South did the same thing to the North you probably wouldn't be complaining
>>
>>64959233
>imperial war of conquest

just like virtually every other modern war
>>
>>64959282
>almost won anyway
But didn't win, and that's the only thing that matters.
>>
>>64958484

>Liberal Hollywood
>every portraying Unionist forces negatively

Not gonna' happen.
>>
>>64959154

Sherman only had one impressive campaign - Atlanta. And that was only because he had a 2.5:1 advantage in numbers and had three armies under his command to the Confederate's one.

Sherman fucked up hardcore at Vicksburg, got raped at Chickasaw Bayou, and fucked up at Chattanooga. He was terrible early in the war and had a mental breakdown and was basically a psycho.

His march to the sea? He let Hood's army go for Thomas to deal with and marched unopposed - big fucking deal. Anyone could have done that.

Sherman is immensely overrated as a general.

t. Civil War historian
>>
>>64959040

>Every fucking southern should have been hanged for treason.

Just like every American should have been hanged by the British?
>>
>>64959286
>greatest nation on earth
>controlled by the banks
>sold into debt by our government

you're pretty fucking stupid
>>
YEE YEEE
>>
>>64959233
>be the South
>be crying about muh trampled rights while the backbone of your entire economy is the slave trade
>be afraid of industrialization phasing you out completely
>rebel
>cry victim when resoundingly beaten
>>
File: 998343433.jpg (53 KB, 423x497) Image search: [Google]
998343433.jpg
53 KB, 423x497
>it's a Civil War discussion thread
>>
>>64959441

>be crying about muh trampled rights while the backbone of your entire economy is the slave trade

The largest port for Slave Trade in America was in Pittsburgh.
>>
>>64959297

Doesn't make it right. Killed 600,000 white people. Equivalent to over 6 MILLION today.

>muh 6 million

That's actually pretty funny how that worked out, lol

But seriously, imagine killing 6 million Americans today.
>>
>>64959040

Before you go accusing me of a southerner, I'm not, but I'm really tired of the aspie styled prejudice of northerners about the war.

Northerners really are brainwashed about the war and still reflect the brutal ignorant hatred and disregard of southerners that was partially the motivation of southerners to rebel to begin with.

>le they enslaved niggers how horrible
>ignores the race riots all over the north as slaves began to migrate north
>ignores the fact that NYC was in utter rebellion against Lincoln and the war machine and being forced to integrate with blacks and had to be shelled to regain order

The whole war was pretty grey and anyone scholar of the war finds it hard to see any real good or bad guy. Both were guilty of very negative actions. I just wish we could have one discussion about the war where people aren't screaming for the heads of people and just see it for what it was.
>>
>>64959415
>>>/europe/
>>
>>64959383
Do you think if Davis had kept Johnson as commander in the West the war could've turned in the South's favour? I mean. Lincoln was reelected essentially because of Sherman's march to the sea. Johnson rather than risk an offensive, probably would've focused on fortifying Atlanta and holding back Sherman.
>>
>>64959415
Name one nation greater than the USA.
>>
>>64959127

It's acknowledged by all historians. Sherman unleashed his troops to raid and burn in numerous cities.
>>
>>64959415
banks control pretty much every nation on this planet now and pretty much every citizen is sold into debt slavery by their governments. Someone has to be the king of that hill. And it's us.
>>
File: outlaw_josey_wales_xlg.jpg (337 KB, 1026x1500) Image search: [Google]
outlaw_josey_wales_xlg.jpg
337 KB, 1026x1500
>>64958259
That's not The Outlaw Josey Wales though
>>
>Guys it looks like racism is at a all time low here in America what should we do
>MAKE MOVIES ABOUT THOSE EVIL WHITE RACISTS
>But why?
>CHECK UR PRIVILEGE
>>
>>64959441

>be the North
>have slave states
>profit off of slavery
>import slaves
>attack your "brothers" because they legally leave
>start losing the war hardcore
>losing public support
>issue emancipation
>lel, jk, we moral rights crusade now!
>you aren't an evil slave state are you? :^)
>oh we still have slave states? hehe nevermind

t. Lincoln
>>
>>64959329

2/3rds of the war was an utter embarrassment for the union though. Their incompetence is almost incompatible to anything in history. It was absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>64959441

>be the North
>profiteer massively on slave-trade
>once it isn't profitable any more, suddenly decide that it's a "moral outrage" that must be expunged
>South disagrees because their circumstances are different
>Try to force them to any way so they can't compete with you economically and you remain dominant
>They fight back

Truly the South were in the wrong.
>>
>>64959485

Don't forget the unconstitutional military occupation of Maryland and the unconstitutional suspension of habeas corpus and the unconstitutional arresting of Maryland politicians!

t. Lincoln, American hero :^)
>>
>>64959602
Union 1
Confederacy 0

This is all that matters.
>>
>>64958452
>not playing american conquest: divided nation
>>
>>64958259
Why does it always look like Confederates just wear random articles of grey clothing?
Could they not afford proper uniforms?
>>
>>64959282
Wrong flag, yank.
>>
File: 1352462057673.jpg (131 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
1352462057673.jpg
131 KB, 800x571
>North used child slaves in factories
>South used grown slaves in field
Hmnnnn
>>
ITT: /pol/tards getting assrekt
>>
>>64959329
Okay, Pyrrhus.
>>
>>64959519

Johnson was a very capable commander, but simply should not have given up Atlanta that easily when the 1864 election was on the line.

Hood had the right idea with his counterattacks but wasn't skilled enough to pull them off. Really they needed Lee out there, but he was busy in Virginia defending the capital obviously.

If Jackson was still alive, Jackson could have been sent west to take command sort of like how Longstreet was sent west to help in 1863 (which produced the Chickamauga victory).
>>
>movie portrays Nazis negatively
>LE EVIL JEW PROPAGANDA!

>movie portrays The South positively
>LE EVIL REDNECK PROPAGANDA!

I guess /tv/ only wants a realistic and neutral portrayal of war when it helps legitimize murdering Jews.
>>
>>64959563

Racism is cool again, didn't you know?
>>
>>64959673
It's called urban camouflage faggot, read a book
>>
>>64959673
>Could they not afford proper uniforms?
They really couldn't. They were losing money fast since all their ports were blockaded so early in the war.
>>
>>64959695
You lost. Pahahahahaha!
>>
>>64959724
Only if it's against white people
>>
>>64959484
War is war.

"muh culture" mean NOTHING.
>>
ITT: butthurt southern retards
>>
>b-b-but the North was bad too
>t-they had slaves too
>they did mean things in war like kill people and burn stuff
>y-you Northerners are all brainwashed aspies
>pretending you are the only one who knows Emancipation was a desperation play made by Lincoln
>war is bad
>war isn't cut and dry black and white

truly the stupidity is astounding
>>
File: 1452594749299-v.jpg (17 KB, 326x315) Image search: [Google]
1452594749299-v.jpg
17 KB, 326x315
>>64959554
This movie is way better than any social justice bullshit.
>Eastwood is a continuing rebel confederate soldier
>union soldiers pillage his home, kill his wife and kid
>teams with Indians who felt the union continously pushes into their territory while the south only wants separation
>two hours of Eastwood killing confederate soldiers.

Who gives a fuck about this rift raft they're playing now a days.
>>
>>64959673

>Could they not afford proper uniforms?

They didn't have the necessary manpower, money, or industry to properly outfit their armies. I mean, they barely had time to get set up as a country. The main thing was dye, which was really expensive - so they worse grey, undyed uniforms. Many also wore butternut colors.

In the beginning of the war many were dressed in blue too, which led to lots of friendly fire incidents and such. At First Manassas, one Union regiment got fucked up because they held their fire seeing blue in front of them and then got raped at close range.
>>
>>64959489
>>64959542
>>64959548
and this is why the usa will fail. the problem is right in front of your face and for whatever reason you don't want to acknowledge it. maybe it's because you're scared, i don't know. our politicians are in the pocket of internationals, including the banks. why do you think all businesses are moving over to china and other emerging economies? the usa is a sinking ship because people like YOU refuse to admit something is terribly fucking wrong in this country. what do you get out of your loyalty to a government that doesn't give a shit about its people? do you think hating the government means you hate the usa? the founding fathers laugh at you fucking morons. blind loyalty and love of the government is something they would vehemently protest
>>
>>64959652

Not really. They had no competent generals until Sherman and Grant came along right as the confederacy was knocking on Washingtons door. The south had greater men, greater leaders, greater dignity and valor. The north were a bunch of raiders lead by drunkards who were failures at everything in life.

The end result is not the only thing that matters.
>>
>>64959482
Slave trade was over well before 1860, Bubba.
>>
>>64959768

t. Yankee warmongering freak with no morals
>>
>>64959774

>Liberal northerners getting rekt ITT
>"Y-y-y-you Southerners sure are butthurt!"
>>
>>64959689

Good one.
>>
File: al_bundy_gun_to_head.jpg (15 KB, 332x358) Image search: [Google]
al_bundy_gun_to_head.jpg
15 KB, 332x358
>>64959612
>implying SC didn't prevent a ban on the slave trade in the Declaration of Independence

OOOOH IT'S ALL THE NORTH'S FAULT WE USED ALL THIS FREE LABOR
>>
>>64959786

>get blown out over and over in the thread
>becomes clear to everyone that you have no morals
>w-war is bad and therefore that justifies everything ever and that's my argument

Nice job.
>>
>>64959786

Taking facts and adding a stutter to them doesn't make them "stupid". They are still facts.

Eat shit, you fucking patsy.
>>
>>64959736
>19th century
>camouflage
Bro, you're retarded.
People wore bright red, blue, green or white uniforms back then.
>>
>>64959760

Nah, white nationalism is exploding all over twitter and shit. It's pretty great.
>>
File: 51GndChegzL.jpg (55 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
51GndChegzL.jpg
55 KB, 333x500
>>64959696
>If Jackson was still alive, Jackson could have been sent west to take command sort of like how Longstreet was sent west to help in 1863 (which produced the Chickamauga victory).

Please tell me you've read Stonewall Goes West?
It is a fun read, watching Jackson interact with Cleburne and Forrest.
>>
File: Mill_Children_in_Macon_2.jpg (2 MB, 4909x3241) Image search: [Google]
Mill_Children_in_Macon_2.jpg
2 MB, 4909x3241
>The north was the good guys!
>I'm an literal idiots who gets spoon-fed by tumblr blogs!
>>
>>64959820
>The south
>greater men
>greater dignity
>rednecks actually believe this

literal rebel scum
>>
>>64959820
>Not really
Yes, really. Read a fucking book.
>>
>>64959893
>actually submitting a serious reply
oh wow
>>
>>64959738
>>64959803
I see thanks.
>>
Just googled this movie, it's obviously more liberal brainwashing shit but whats up with the tagline???
>>
>>64959903

Actually I haven't, I usually don't like alternate history novels. Is it worth a read?
>>
>>64959833

And?

Pittsburgh still pumped out slaves left and right for a profit for most of the nation's history to that point.

Stop trying to deny your yankee blood-money.
>>
You guys post too fast my georgia brain can't read that fast
>>
>>64958413
>confederate
>fight with slaves

the cuck is real
>>
>>64959282
almost won is just a fancy word for losing m8
>>
The Southern fags ITT are like the Nazis claiming victory in WWII because they invaded Poland.
>>
>>64958259

This going to be like the Confederate version of that movie Valkyrie.
>>
File: heresyourreply.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
heresyourreply.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>64959937
>>
>>64959909

It was repeated endlessly even by northerners throughout and after the war. It has always been the image of the southern soldier.

You are not clever or smart by just talking out your ass. You sound like an idiot who actually doesn't know history as well as he'd like to think. Or you are just a nigger.
>>
>>64959877

Just because Slave Trade is legal, that makes it OK to profit off of it?
I thought slavery was a "moral outrage", yankee? If it offends you so much why did your ancestors make bank off of it?
>>
>>64959818
stop being such an edgy teenager, what is this your first day on the internet? think your the only one who knows what you think you know? you aren't.

im ironically supporting my government and my country in a civil war shitposting thread on a mongolian noodle house messaging forum. you are unironically shitposting a bunch of intro to conspiracy 101 crap that comes as a surprise to no one over the age of 21 and is actually common knowledge by a lot of people. The problem is most people just don't even talk about it, let alone acknowledge it in anyway. There's nothing we can do about it, it's already too late, the only thing w can do is sit back, relax and enjoy our first class, front row seats to the show.
>>
>>64959844
When you fight a war, you have to win. Hiroshima is a great example tbqh
>>
>>64959944

They also had similar issues with getting weapons and equipment. Many soldiers had old smoothbore muskets, most eventually got Enfield rifled muskets, some had Lorenz rifled muskets, some had Springfield rifled muskets, some used shotguns - it created a logistical nightmare because they all used different ammunition.
>>
File: retard3.png (24 KB, 744x1340) Image search: [Google]
retard3.png
24 KB, 744x1340
>>64959937
>>
>>64959909

If it's not true, then why did a smaller, less prepared, poorer and less-trained military wreck your shit for 2/3's of the war?

Were you just not trying hard enough?
>>
>>64959982

No one is "claiming victory," we're just pointing out that the Confederates were far better in combat than the Union but lost due to Union cheese. Just like Germany losing to the Soviets in WWII. Congrats, you are the Soviets. Enjoy your victory.
>>
>>64959997
damn............................................................................................. you got me
>>
>>64959945
>proof can they are never forget
Kek
>>
>>64958876
The confederacy seems evil at the first glance ,but really it was like most wars, the Union was fighting to preserve America as one nation, the Confederacy was fighting for economic and political independence

I don't think anyone should be demonized, it happened, war is shitty both side had heroes and great battles.
>>
>>64959787
Couldn't agree more. I loved Josey Wales.
>>
>>64959887
I was actually leaning more towards "you're pointing out fucking obvious shit that most people who are at least a bit informed already know at this point"
>>
File: 1436751811198.jpg (59 KB, 458x604) Image search: [Google]
1436751811198.jpg
59 KB, 458x604
>America dropped bombs on Japan twice
>America eradicated the Native Americans and stole their land
>America destroyed the old secular governments in iran and other middle eastern countries with radical islamic ones
>America tanked South American economy to stop it's rival and even supported regime changes by supporting radicals to stop these countries.

>Somehow the south was considered evil for using slaves the North brought along in the first place.

I'm actually lost here, how was the American South evil again for wanting to separate from that shit hole of a country? If the south knew how evil America was why didn't the world support them in their cause?
>>
>>64960013

>When you fight a war, you have to win.

Useless platitudes. Once again you fail to see the difference between your example and the Civil War. The US did not consider Japan to be its brothers. The US did, ostensibly, consider the South to be its brothers. You wouldn't nuke your so-called brother.

Your dumbass actually thinks that if nukes existed, the Union should have nuked every Southern city and killed everyone because

>lel it's a war people die you have to win

You can't fucking reunite a country and at the same time want to kill every single person in it.
>>
>>64959953
I think so, basically Stonewall survives his amputation, but due to taking so long to recover he couldn't help out at Gettysburg so the South is still in a bad state. Bragg resigns and Davis has to decide who takes over, not really happy with Beauregard or Johnson being his only options. Benjamin convinces him to pick Stonewall and he agrees. Jackson is sent West and finds the army to be in a shitty state with Cleburne and Forrest being the only generals to show promise. There's also a story within a story about two brothers but it doesn't take much away from the main story. Honestly give it a look, the characters are very interesting.
>>
>>64960057
>Enjoy your victory.
Better than getting beat.
>>
>>64959207
How's Scott Walker?
>>
>>64959907
>I'm just starting to learn that things aren't what I thought they were
>all the stuff in the history books is a lie guys!
>everything i was taught in school was wrong guys!
>history was written by the winners!
>>
>>64960008
all those redditor buzzwords

nah, you're just a spineless, brainwashed pussy and i guarantee i'm older than you. you're everything that's wrong with the usa. why don't you just kill yourself
>>
>>64960112

>I was actually leaning more towards "you're pointing out fucking obvious shit that most people who are at least a bit informed already know at this point"

But it's apparently not "obvious".

There are ACTUAL people, both ITT and in real-life, that honestly believe the Civil War was fought exclusively over Slavery, the North was a progressive utopia of racial harmony and that Southerners literally boarded boats to Africa, caught niggers with nets and then shipped them to America for rape and forced-labor.
>>
File: 18144074._UY475_SS475_[1].jpg (39 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
18144074._UY475_SS475_[1].jpg
39 KB, 475x475
>>64960134

Thanks I'll give it a read. Currently reading a biography of Stonewall right now, pic related.
>>
>a bunch of slave states fight to break away from a larger, dominating government
>it's okay in 1776
>it's not okay in 1861

t. Northern idiot
>>
File: edge.jpg (219 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
219 KB, 670x503
>>64960171
>>
>>64959554
I loved this movie. One of my favourite Eastwood films.
>>
>>64960055
you still lost, cousin-fucker :^)
>>
>>64960159
>History books have NEVER been wrong!
>History books ARE NEVER biased even if they were written by a committee who has identified themselves as always biased!
>I'm such a good goy feed me!
>>
>>64960150
i don't know, i don't pay attention to politics. liberals and republicans have both equally fucked this state for decades
>>
>>64959282
Every good southerner died in that war, it's why the south is such an inbred fuck hole today.
>>
>>64960208
>currently
>right now

one of these is redundant you fucking cunt
>>
>>64960265
this
>>
>>64960279

You're right, my bad.
>>
File: 1444251583850s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444251583850s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64960234
yeah, you were exposed
>>
>>64960231
This is really the most ironic part of all.
>ENGLAND WAS EVIL FOR TRYING TO FORCE US WITH TAXATION
>BUT LET'S DO IT TO THE SOUTH AND KILL THEM WHEN THEY TRY AND SUCCEED.

Sometimes I wish England won that war.America is such a shithole
>>
I think the real question is, when will we get a movie about Forrest?
>His armed escort was made up of his own slaves promising them freedom.
>Used a Union soldier as a human meat shield.
>Slapped Sherman around constantly.
>Got shot 9 times but still survived.
>Uneducated but still one of the best in the West.

Or one about Cleburne?
>>
>>64960302
>>
>>64960231
Well the Southerners shouldve won the war like the Colonies. History is written by the winners.
>>
File: MosbyTheGreyGhost-Signed-M[1].jpg (46 KB, 377x450) Image search: [Google]
MosbyTheGreyGhost-Signed-M[1].jpg
46 KB, 377x450
>>64960338

Agreed, they were total badasses. Or Mosby, the Gray Ghost.
>>
>>64960208
Got that for Christmas. Dude had a hard life.
>>
>>64960338
A Nathan Bedford Forrest movie would be boycotted and protested to kingdom come. Even if he is by far the most interesting cavalry officer in the war
>>
>>64960333
>America is such a shithole
Then fuck off elsewhere, you silly faggot.
>>
>>64960200
From what I remember from my American History class, emancipation was definitely set up as a winning the public ploy.

>Southerners literally boarded boats to Africa

it wasn't Northerners either. Africans were enslaved by their own people, sometimes rival tribes, sometimes their own, and sold by tribal chieftains who sold them to Jewish merchant ship owners who brought them over to markets all up and down the East coast for sale to plantation owners.
>>
>>64960408
>he thinks I'm American.
Not everyone is a fat uneducated burger eating slob American you know.

>America
>White
top lel
>>
>>64960396

He did. Definitely a weird guy but based as fuck. His Valley campaign was amazing.

The part about his life pre-war when he was at the Florida outpost was really interesting, accusing that guy of cheating on his wife and stuff. Really seemed like he actually should have been court martialed by somehow made it through alright.
>>
>>64960387
I think Mosby had a short lived tv series about him. Mosby's Rangers wasn't it?
>>
File: 1401390711108.png (304 KB, 1148x1022) Image search: [Google]
1401390711108.png
304 KB, 1148x1022
>it was about state's rights
>>
>>64959383
I think the important fact to remember about Sherman is that he improved, unlike many other Generals. No, he wasn't brilliant at the beginning, but he learned from his mistakes. He was a better strategist then anything else, and other commanders under him were better fighting or logistically inclined generals. For example Thomas, one of the least remembered yet excellent Generals of the war.
>>
>>64960171
I remember when I was this edgy, way back when. Thought I knew all the secret history and truths behind everything. The "real" reasons behind events. I bet you aren't a day older than 18.
>>
File: 1443118627294.jpg (1 MB, 2621x3879) Image search: [Google]
1443118627294.jpg
1 MB, 2621x3879
>>64960458
>The war was about slavery! That's why slavery was abolish at the end and not the beginning!
>>
>>64959001
THE SOUTH DINDU NUFFIN THEY JUST GOOD OLD BOYS TRYING TO KEEP THEY ECONOMY TOGETHER. THEY JUST NEEDED MO SLAVES FO DEM REVENUE STREAMS
>>
>>64960447

Really? I'll have to check that out. Pic related is a great book on him.
>>
File: 1450858686105.png (11 KB, 535x551) Image search: [Google]
1450858686105.png
11 KB, 535x551
>>64959282
Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or win by a mile, winning is winning

And losing is losing
>>
>>64960007
My ancestors didn't make bank on it. They all immigrated to america after 1900 or were Pennsylvania Dutch who weren't involved in the slave trade.
>>
>>64959061
>gorilla warfare
>>
>>64959040
Yes. I'm glad the South never recovered. Why stop at Atlanta?
>>
>>64958484

Traitors to the crown deserve to die a traitor's death.

Banastre Tarleton did nothing wrong.
>>
>>64960515
Has he always had a huge head or is it getting bigger as he gets older?
>>
>>64960333
The South had representation with taxation though. The Brits treated the colonies much worse than the Union vs the South.
>>
>>64960430
Abolishing slavery actually caused public outcry.
The last people who wanted slaves freed was the north actually.
>>
>>64958806
is that The Last of the Mohicans theme??
>>
>>64960440
>Not everyone is a fat uneducated burger eating slob American you know
Then who are you to fucking decide this is a shithole, you ignorant faggot?
>>
>>64960250
i think you missed the point entirely, i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm saying you aren't as deep as you think you are

history IS written by the winners
>>
>>64960442
Yeah, I don't think a lot of people liked him, but did like the results he got. The man got a song, a good song too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xympTTyOweQ
>>
>>64960460

True. But Sherman also "improved" as the South's fighting power declined.

You are right about Thomas though. Severely underrated and always in the shadow because Lincoln and the Grant/Sherman buttbuddy political group didn't like him. He got the McClellan treatment and was actually about to be relieved of his command at Nashville before his crushing victory.

The Thomas/McClellan parallels are very interesting. inb4
>McClellan traitor
>McClellan coward
>McClellan scared
>McClellan thought he was facing millions

All false bullcrap that comes from a select few authors and generated a false history meme.
>>
How could the south (masculine, brave, intelligent, righteous, strong, daring, proud)
lose against the north (cowardly homosexual negro lovers)?
>>
>>64960458
It was. The right to own slaves. southern cucks were terrified at the thought of having to use a paid labor force like every other developed country at the time
>>
>>64958452
http://warofrights.com/
>>
>>64959630
^this

Also the U.S. had to route federal troops around the city of Baltimore because as the Yankees tried to march through they were shot at and harassed by civilians.
>>
>>64960538

They didn't, they burned everywhere. The Shenandoah Valley was burned to a crisp. Richmond was burned. Virginia was a barren wasteland by the end.

Fuck off scum.
>>
>>64960515
the north wanted to end slavery peacefully but confedeniggers would rather have died than give up their slaves. read up on harriet beacher stowe and john c calhoun which pretty much represented north/south sentiment, respectively
>>
>>64960604
The whole world knows how much of a shithole America is.
>>
>>64960008
>>64960234
>>64960505
stop samefagging and stop using redditor buzzwords

inb4 screen cap mobile poster or browser restart that "proves" you're not a samefag
>>
>>64960621

Yep. Great song. I'll dump some of my favs too (first one is my favorite):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HeZtFH1Trg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IJ05QntXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB8iDWcy88
>>
>>64960714
Name a greater nation.
>>
>>64960398
What about Cleburne? Irish Confederate who rose through the ranks so much so, he got the nickname "Stonewall of the West." Not too mention he proposed arming the slaves to fight for their freedom. Man was practical and based as fuck.

>>64960524
I love how the Civil War produced so many interesting figures to learn about. Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
File: 1451.jpg (9 KB, 222x218) Image search: [Google]
1451.jpg
9 KB, 222x218
>states' rights
>>
>>64960648

Actually the proximate cause of the war was the right to secede. There were many, infinite causes in fact of the war.
>>
File: 1451941192825.jpg (42 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1451941192825.jpg
42 KB, 377x326
>>64960714
I'm Canadian but have been there enough to know that only like 15% of the US is a shithole. The rest is pretty nice actually, and people are friendly, especially in the South where a gay man spent an hour hitting on me.
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>64960712
>the north wanted to end slavery
>>
Reminder that a big cause of the war was literal terrorist attacks by crazy Northern abolitionists like pic related who wanted all slaves to rise up and murder their owners.
>>
File: wrongnigger.png (23 KB, 613x357) Image search: [Google]
wrongnigger.png
23 KB, 613x357
>>64960730
Unlucky
>>
>>64960730
kek the middle post you linked actually isn't me, not gonna "prove" it though, you'll just assume i shopped it :^)
>>
File: Hipster Lame.jpg (65 KB, 395x500) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Lame.jpg
65 KB, 395x500
>>64960458

>No, guys, you see, Americans went to war against their own brothers, just because they hated niggers THAT much.
>>
>>64960685
I still think Sherman's troops should have salted the earth. Fuck reconstruction
>>
>>64960742
I love the 2nd South Carolina!
>I'll go right UP to the firing lines... AND I'LL KILL THAT YANKEE SOLDIER!
>Yee haws commence.

Really gets your blood pumping.
>>
>>64959207
>i'm from wisconsin
Oh, we can tell.
>>
"Sherman's dashing Yankee boys will never reach the coast!"
So the saucy rebels said and 'twas a handsome boast
Had they not forgot, alas! to reckon with the Host
While we were marching through Georgia.

So we made a thoroughfare for freedom and her train,
Sixty miles in latitude, three hundred to the main;
Treason fled before us, for resistance was in vain
While we were marching through Georgia.
>>
>>64960515
Hollywood must be a really scary place with all of these deformed monsters walking about
>>
>>64960840
the top and bottom definitely are

>>64960837
2/3 not bad

you're still a fucking redditor though
>>
>>64960769

The CSA, motherfucker!
>>
>>64960898
>2/3 not bad
1/3, you dopey shit
>>
>>64960898
actually, because you've been throwing around "buzzword" and "redditor" so much, you are actually the redditor. Thinking you're all "redpilled" when you actually aren't. It's almost cute.
>>
>1.6% of the population owned slaves
>white people ended slavery
>all white people are supposed to feel guilty for slavery

why is this allowed?
>>
>Wife is N
>Best friend is N
>Bad guys are W

JUST
>>
>>64958806
this looks pretty fun
>>
Face it: the Union under Lincoln was pretty much "Reddit, the country"
>>
>>64960914
Oh right that failed experiment. They even took their name from an embarrassing moment in early US history .

Articles of Confederation were thrown out for a reason.
>>
File: Really Cera.png (29 KB, 313x251) Image search: [Google]
Really Cera.png
29 KB, 313x251
>>64960712
>the north wanted to end slavery
>>
>>64959001

Well they should've armed themselves then
>>
>>64960845

You sound angry.

Did your Jersey whore of a girlfriend leave you for some good ol' boy cock during a Red Sox game?
>>
File: 1379000762870.jpg (57 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1379000762870.jpg
57 KB, 500x669
>>64958452

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bUDJaUpEQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnTWN5wres
>>
>>64959719
>implying a period piece in the antebellum south wouldn't be goat if it didn't focus on white guilt
>>
File: a5f.png (187 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
a5f.png
187 KB, 500x426
>>64960991
>why is this allowed?
>>
>>64960991
>blacks enslaved their own and sold them to Jewish shipmasters and merchants who carried them across the Atlantic to port and sold them to the rich white "elite" of the North and South, the upper echelon higher tier of society
>my dads people came over from Ireland and Italy in the 1910s
>where treated about as bad as blacks where at one point, because America is for Americans and fuck everyone else
>never owned slaves
>were hard working blue collar people who held down multiple jobs to keep their bills paid and kids fed
>i'm supposed to feel guilty about slavery

this doesn't make sense to me
>>
every day i think Lincoln, Sherman, and Grant (the holy trinity) for putting down the southern insurgents with shot and sword
>>
>>64961169
oy vey don't question it goy, remember the 6 gorillion
>>
>>64961169
Leftism isn't meant to make sense, it's all about portraying the world as a struggle between oppressors and oppressed regardless of the context. This also implies ignoring how human interaction actually works, alongside with basic economics and psychology.
>>
>>64958942
This
>>
>>64961169
>No one in my family owned slaves
>those that were here fought for the union
>rest came after 1915
>I'm guilty for slavery

I'm great-great-great-grandfather paid my debt, thanks.
>>
>>64961116
Lol I love triggering confedeRATS. Vermin. They got off lucky

>good 'ol boy
just a compliment slow-witted mumbling southern retards give each other.
>>
>>64961169
check out this racist goyim
>>
>>64961169
the Irish eventually became white, moron
>>
Sometimes at night I lie awake. Just can't sleep. I'm thinking of our 2nd War of Independence and I just can't cope with the fact that we lost.

Makes me think about that tv show "Man in High Castle" who depicts a world where the wrong side won WW2. Let me tell you I feel the same about our world. That's right. The one we live in. It's not right that the Confederacy surrendered. We were so close to DC, we had the better generals (hell, the north hardly had any "generals" at all!) and the legal right to secede from the Union. Our world is false and not as it should be.
>>
>>64961327
if only people could realize that the true oppressors are using that ideology to split and pit the oppressed against each other in a false oppressor and oppressed scenario, then we could effect some real changes, for the true greater good. But people are stupid and easily swayed by propaganda and disinformation and all of a sudden its the 99% "white middle class" thats responsible for all the worlds problems when all that class shit is just a Marxist creation and the 1% "white" ruling class is really to blame.
>>
File: 1427961780435.jpg (39 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
1427961780435.jpg
39 KB, 634x471
>>64961481
>>
>>64961469
>"No Irish need apply"

Just because the Irish are now "white", doesn't mean there wasn't a time when an irishman couldn't get a fuckin' job. That's not even what I said anyway, I said for a time Irish and Italian immigrants were faced with similar persecution to newly freed blacks. There were irrational lynchings, all sorts of fear mongering that lead to senseless deaths of innocent men.
>>
File: 1378747104847.gif (17 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1378747104847.gif
17 KB, 645x773
>>64961481
>>
>>64959154
You must still be in middle school, huh?
>>
>>64961481
Our world has been false for over a thousand years. Has very little to do with the so called "2nd War of Independence". If anything that war was a final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>64961615
but black people are *still* oppressed while the irish are not

>inb4 tumblr
>inb4 reddit
>inb4 niggers
>inb4 dindu nuffin
>>
>>64960583
Yes, yes it is.
>>
File: 220px-The_outlaw_josey_wales.jpg (27 KB, 220x322) Image search: [Google]
220px-The_outlaw_josey_wales.jpg
27 KB, 220x322
Josey Wales remains the only uncucked civil war movie, where Clint Eastwood gets revenge against Union bushwhacking Red-Legs who murdered his family.

None of this cuckold switching sides shit.
>>
File: 1386973510348[1].jpg (448 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1386973510348[1].jpg
448 KB, 3840x2160
>born in Buttfuck, USSR
>family has long tradition of being serfs
>had no toys at all as a kid
>was starving at times
>food at kindergarten was full of ants and worms
>parents decide to emigrate to the USA when I'm 7
>mfw some rich hippie cunt with an iphone told me I need to check my straight white privilege
>>
>>64961701

>but black people are *still* oppressed

Can you please explain how?
And with specific examples. Nothing vague and unprovable like "le institutionalized racism!".
>>
>>64961744
Did you punch his kuck face in?
>>
>>64959282
>almost won

Not even close.

Union had committed maybe a tenth of it's fighting strength to the Civil War.
>>
>>64960537
>not getting the joke
>>
>>64961701
This is objectively false
>>
>>64961784
here's a good place to start

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/
>>
>>64961792
No, because it was a woman
I just walked away in a dismissive manner
>>
File: 1444595159440.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1444595159440.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>64961844
>>
>>64961530
The whole Occupy Wall Street and the lingo it generated reeks of Marxism. My parents grew up in Eastern Europe under communism and they were constantly bombarded by "talks" [more like monologues] of issues such as protecting the "least developed countries". Ironically for a movement that wanted to do away with material possessions, communism really liked to talk about how poverty is the worst thing that can happen to a man.

Nowadays it's the oppression based on race, which is way more damaging to the collective conscience. While economic strife could be beaten, race is something you can't get rid of. So labeling racial issues as the biggest threat to humanity you immediately antagonize different groups of people for the rest of their existence. If I go now in USA I will have leftist idiots shouting at me about my "white privilege" despite the fact that I'd be broke [fucking hell plane tickets can be expensive!] and I'd have no connection to the history of the country [so no plantation owner as a sugar daddy].

Hell, just look at this year's Oscars and how people harp about "racism" as the reason some movies/actors were snubbed. They simply ignore the fact that the Oscars are a joke and that they snubbed so many worthy candidates for god knows what reason, but the moment a black actor isn't nominated it's clearly RACISM. Fuck this.
>>
>>64961817
Except the CSA's objectives were much more limited than the USA's, they just wanted Independence. If they had taken DC to which they were very very close, then I'm sure the USA would have caved in.
>>
>>64961863
It's funny because white women are objectively the most privileged group on Earth
>>
>>64958876
The Civil War was about wealthy plantation owners goin "muh slaves" and conning the retard hilbillies to fight for them
>>
>>64959652

Union: 1 - prepare for the federal fuckery forever
Confederacy 0 - once the cotton gin made its way south (as it was doing) slaves would be replaced. Would have maintained state's autonomy.

Hmmm yea glad we chose to go with Union....now it's almost a crime to be white and successful. Ggg ggreat job guyss
>>
>>64961882
Communism is obsessed with the material.
>>
>>64962124
>now it's almost a crime to be white and successful
Such melodrama.
>>
>>64962134
Hence its greatest irony. It's utterly obsessed with what others have in their belongings all while trumpeting a future where said belongings don't exist. It's literally like bombing for peace.
>>
>muh proud history
>muh government conspiracy to keep me and my families impoverished
>responsibility for my actions? LMAO good one
>they dindu nuffin they got provoked
>if we don't get our way then our guns are drawn !!
>it's how we was raised
>we aint happy with the laws so we gonna rise up instead of participating in the process!
>them laws are corrupt and we don't need to follow them they just trying I keep us down cuz they scared cuz we strong !!
>don't talk about our "culture"! we're proud we just don't have the same opportunities as them!

Is this a nigger or a rebel? Is there any fundamental difference?
>>
>>64960008

>calls anon tinfoiler in spite of his articulate response
>believes the North had a moral high ground freeing slaves despite their own wage slaves (Uption Sinclair The Jungle-tier only worse)
>forgets that Lincoln didn't free the slaves until 2 years into the war
>guess he just forgot about niggers for the first 2 years

Plebs and niggers tend to have a shoddy memory and the inability to properly understand regular english. Sorry that you've had to realize this
>you pleb nigger
>>
>>64962308
Now this is the part where I call you a retard for failing to read my posts correctly and for failing to read the thread at all.

>uses pleb unironically
nice one, tourist :^)
>>
>>64960055
All the experienced military commanders got said experience fighting vs Mexico in Texas, and they all sided with the South

It took a while for the inexperienced commanders in the North to get gud
>>
>>64962220
It's just predestination gone wrong. You're poor but you are supposed to be rich. But not too rich. But not poor.

Obviously people need stuff and like to own nice things. But there is a balance and communism is only concerned with making everyone poor. Morally and materially.
>>
>>64960119
Other countries were going to start supporting the South, that's why Lincoln decided to free the slaves. Other countries didn't want to side with a country that was fighting "to keep" slavery.
>>
>>64958452
Lots of civil war strategy games and even a mod for Empire:Total War.
>>64958259
Well the Patriot was just typical Hollywood bullshit that had a basis in fantasy. So i guess this is the same.
>>
>>64962199
When we all get put in camps stay away from my side of the gas chamber you kuck
>>
>>64962199

There a literally an mTV show called White Privilege. Time to kill yourself you cuck faggot
>at least yo girl will still have dat bull
>>
>>64962496
It's impossibly to give everyone as much stuff as the rest of society. The whole point of "being rich" is that you have more than other people, from this you draw the main advantage of being rich. The moment you put everyone at the same level is the moment where you make everybody as poor.

Even worse is the fact that you basically ignore any basic concept of individuality. People like to own nice things, but each person wants something different and in different quantity. And by making so that the state is the provider and not each person's individual skill you make so everyone becomes dependent on the state.

Right now I live in Geneva, and my God there are so many communist sympathizers it boggles the mind. And I'm talking about actual communists, hammer and sickle, singing the Comintern anthem and all that jazz. You would think that people born into one of the most prosperous country on the planet would be less gullible to this feel-good trap that is Marxism.
>>
>>64958484
No Union general would ever have burned down churches or anything else in the South. They considered Southerners to still be their citizens.

It was the whole reason for the war.
>>
>>64962436

"this is the part"

This is the part where you kill yourself. Of course, being an unarmed progressive faggot you'll have to go with the noose/etc.
>>
>>64962761
>ebig kill urself response meme, ha, gottem!

you know where to go
>>
>>64958259
>By the mid-1870s, Knight had separated from his wife, Serena, and had married Rachel, a former slave of his grandfather. During the same period, Knight's son, Mat, married Rachel's daughter, Fannie, and Knight's daughter, Molly, married Rachel's son, Jeff.

HAHAH holy shit.

It truly is The patriot: Forced Interracial Cuck edition.

I thought it was a meme.
>>
>>64958501
Warband: Napoleonic Wars is one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played.
>>
>>64962725
Oh no! The horror! How dreadful it must be for you being white.

People like you are bigger pussies than the fucking liberals. Man up, ya faggot.
>>
>>64959383
Sherman had a keen grasp of the strategic situation before the war. People should have listened to him.

As general I've never seen any indication he was exceptional.

He should have been an academic.
>>
>>64962911
>>
>>64962911
I mean white people are demonized in the media and it's OK to make fun of them which isn't true for any other group
>>
>>64963000
And? Being white and male is still unquestionably the biggest privilege in the Western world despite all the bitching from faggots such as yourself and the green-haired tumblr 'tards.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.