[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>""""PREquels""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15
File: Naboo_Royal_Starship.png (817 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Naboo_Royal_Starship.png
817 KB, 1024x576
>""""PREquels""""
>almost all of the vehicle designs in the films, other than maybe podracers, looks too futuristic and streamlined to have been made before shitty old x-wings, tie fighters, and millennium falcons

This was one of the biggest problems with PT. I thought the designs were cool when I was 12 years old, but looking back on it, what was Lucas thinking? Is this ever explained (see. Retconned) by Lucas?
>>
Yeah, as a prequel fan, I found that annoying too how the technology somehow got worse between ep 3 and 4.
>>
>>64952985
>not understanding the idea of a Dark Age following a Golden Age
>>
You're comparing luxury vehicles constructed in the height of the Republic to whatever scrapheaps could be cobbled together in a time of galactic turmoil. Empire ships are efficient and utilitarian, Rebel ships looked like they were held together by gum and rubber bands. Nothing wrong with that. As for locations, Bespin looked pretty clean and advanced but the rest were all backwater towns or uninhabited planets. You'd expect them to look run down and Tatooine didn't change much over the time skip.
>>
File: image.jpg (831 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
831 KB, 2048x2048
>Sophisticated machinery has never been designed with futuristic optimism in mind, only to take drastic steps back in mere decades because of a change in aesthetic tastes and general worldview

OP is a faggot
>>
Bullshit, the only ships that looked super sleek and sexy were the Naboo ships. The Arc-170 and other stuff looked perfectly appropriate considering it's before everything went to shit, and we were seeing mostly highly funded military machines compared to shoestring Rebel shit or Han's busted ass jerry rigged Falcon.
>>
>Alien: Blackscreen analog computers
>Prometheus (prequel): futuristic all white designs and holograms

Always bugged me
>>
Kotor was aesthetic peak of SW style and design wise

Just saying...
>>
>>64953229
The Buick was the only ship better than the Naboo star fighter.
>>
>>64953064

this is how I view it

it's not like they're significantly separated by time, only ~20 years or so, and as far as designs are concerned, streamlined doesn't necessarily equate to most modern

Think about today, minimalist styles are beating out the old streamlined and hyper-"futuristic" designs, because that's the way the public is moving. Newer tanks and stealth planes look like polygon models.

The Rebels, you know they didn't have time or money to worry about aesthetics, so they made do with these kinds of roughly modeled vehicles with pure substance over style.
>>
>>64953297
At least Isolation did it right.
>>
>>64952985

Well, since the Old Republic was ALL RACES working together, they were able to come up with some groundbreaking shit like you see in pic related

But when the Empire took over, they have divided the planets and races, crushing their unity so they weren't able to create marvels of technology, such as pic related, anymore
>>
>>64953297
That's sort of justifiable by how cosmic rays will rape any sort of modern microprocessor. So either everything needs to be shielded, which is prohibitively expensive on top of being unreliable, or cheap, replaceable, and serviceable.

Furthermore "prohibitively expensive and unreliable" is basically Prometheus in a nutshell.
>>
>>64953503

Methinks the Death Star is a better marvel of technology than the shiny chrome vehicle in the OP, lad
>>
>>64953503
Literal poptart

Lucas does it again
B R A V O
A
V
O
>>
>>64953503
>20 years pass
>everything made before 20 years ago vanishes

shit doesn't work that way
>>
>>64953297
>Alien is set in the future
>Every bit of computing is outstripped by Windows 98

It never made any sense anyway
>>
>>64953229
/thread
>>
>rebels are the underdogs and are working with what they've got: mechanical jalopies like the falcon and x-wings
>empire mass produces shit and doesnt care if things look pretty
>episode 1 was pre-war, and Naboo is an opulent place so it makes sense they have gaudy ships
>>
The whole "well, when the empire took over the republic lost its ability to create futuristic designs" argument just sounds like a cop out to me. Look at the Nazis, who produced the me262 in world war 2. After they were defeated, the jet age soon began and many countries started to produce high tech, streamlined aircraft. So you're trying to tell me that, rather than copy the republic's superior designs, the empire just decided to make big blocky star destroyers and tie fighters instead? Seems stupid to me.
>>
>>64953550
>big ball that can blow up a planet
>has a hole you can throw a bomb down and it'll blow it up
>>
>>64953595

>fuckton of Jedi 20 years ago
>20 years pass, people think Jedi are legend

I think it does work that way. The Empire was most likely removing a lot of those older vehicles, so they wouldn't bring up memories of the old times. Vehicle from OP was used by the Queen of independent planet and by Jedi, it had to go.
>>
>>64952985
It's a big galaxy
>>
>>64953738

What is the point of this post
>>
>>64953343
That queen's transport and the crafts used by jedi in Coruscant are owned by the elite of the elite in the galaxy. In contrast the rebel fleet is jerry-rigged together from what ever materials and components they can get hold of so designs need to be more simple to fabricate new parts and to service them more easily.
>>
>>64953822
what is the point of you
>>
>>64953783
So what you're saying is sheev was mind controlling everyone.
>>
>>64952985
That's a big ship
>>
>>64953847

I'm /tv/'s reckoning
>>
>>64953845
By that logic, why aren't the Empire ships streamlined? They have more money than God.
>>
>>64953865

Of course. Sheev was, and always will be, the guy with the plan. Even if the plan takes 50 years to complete.
>>
It's because the good guys lost access to advanced technology when the empire took over. They could only work with rinky dinky tech.
>>
>>64953894

I don't think streamlining is necessary for space

the Emperor found minimalism sexy
>>
>>64953791
>>64953873
for you...
>>
>>64953064
This

also it's explained in-universe that the Naboo build exceptionally beautiful ships in comparison to the rest of the galaxy.

Look at the trade federation ships, they fit the rugged look. Most other ships do.

It's just the Naboo ships that fall out of line.
>>
>>64953901
and this is just one of the many reasons why the prequels are stupid.
>>
>>64953999
It's also a fuckign luxury yacht. Something we haven't really seen in the OT
>>
>>64953999
all the trade federation ships were sleek and smooth, just lacking a paintjob.
>>
>>64953999
OP here. Thanks for explaining, anon.
>>
>>64954045
I mean they're more smooth than imperial ships, but that's just a design point I feel. Note the greeble and detail on the inside of the ring and ontop of the sphere. It's very much inline with what we see later.
>>
>>64953894
Compared to rebel fighters with components showing from the sides without covers they look more finished and off the shelf. Also their design is made with intimidating look in mind sharp points and rigid lines.
>>
>>64954110
>they're more smooth than imperial ships
That could always be attributed to them being built by droids or something else as simple as that.
>>
>>64954136
Imperial starships, atleast cruisers and up are also incredibly built for function.

The empire fleet doctrine at the time is basically to overpower opponents through sheer numbers with a full frontal assault. The entire star destroyer design plays into this, with the wedge shape allowing for 4 turret firing arcs to converge on the front. They are exceptionally bad at firing at things behind them, but they aren't built with that in mind.
>>
Yeah. I get the notion of maybe the Empire making things shitty, militarized, and mass-processed. And I get that if things are used, you can go back to when they're new.

But the whole universe feels like that. The concept of the lived-in universe is gone because we've apparently hit the very beginning of EVERYTHING. It's weird and off-putting.

This is a side-nitpick, but why the fuck are the Jedi in the middle of a city, anyway? So they can be closer to the Senate? How is that good for their meditation, with billions of minds chattering around them?
>>
File: tarkin_01.jpg (39 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
tarkin_01.jpg
39 KB, 768x432
>>64954183
>They are exceptionally bad at firing at things behind them, but they aren't built with that in mind.
Only a coward shows the enemy their backside.
>>
>>64954247
>with billions of minds chattering around them?

idk, good noise cancellation?
>>
It's not just the design of the ships that presents a problem.

Prequels:
>streamlined and futuristic looking displays in ships
>handheld computers
>futuristic looking battle droids
>considerably better designed armor for the Clones

OT:
>bleepy bloopy control panels in ships
>no futuristic looking computer devices or displays, old fashioned cathode-ray tube TV screens galore
>no battle droids (and the non-battle droids look primitive in comparison)
>far less extensive usage of advanced tech

The prequel universe and the original trilogy universe feel like two completely separate franchises mushed together awkwardly. Lucas is a hack who could not stick to his established universe because of his autistic obsession with "updating" things.
>>
You know that the galaxy is a big place with different people building different shit, right?

And that almost everything scif-fi in the 70's and 80's was boxy and gray?
>>
Only really cool Prequel design.
>>
>>64953783

There weren't that many Jedi. 10,000 in a thousand words isn't much relatively.

Outside of military personnel and politicians, who would really know what they were anyway?
>>
>>64954297
The no battle droids was explained pretty well. After the clone wars they destroyed all factories and destroyed all remains of the droid armies, so obviously there wouldn't be any droids left by the time the OT rolled around.
>>
>>64953738

It has to have a flaw. You want it to be some Mary Sue space station or something
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRM4F-jp39o
>>
>>64954339
>ANH
>Military personnel old enough to fight in the clone wars doubt the Jedi existed
>Chiew, the guy who fought alongside a jedi Master laughs at the idea of the force

Or you can just be honest, and accept that George gave no fucks if the two trilogies logically mesh into one.
>>
>>64954339

>Outside of military personnel and politicians, who would really know what they were anyway?

An 8-year old boy who has never seen a Jedi in his life
A Jewish merchant in the middle of fucking nowhere
A protocol droid
An underground species, cut off from the rest of the Galaxy
Drunkies in a bar
Cloners
Traders
Bounty hunters
>>
>>64953783
even Admiral Matti, who was old enough to have been alive during the Republic, thought the force was an "ancient religion"
>>
>>64954482

>Yoda and Obi Wan both get their shit rekt by force lightning on several occasions
>don't think to warn Luke about it

>obi wan gives Luke Anakins lightsaber
>oh yeah he murdered 30 kids with it. He was a good friend

I hate the prequels for shit like this
>>
Just because we don't see it doesn't mean its not there.

20 years passed between the Prequels and OT. We never see Naboo at all, or Coruscant we only see glimpses off. Who is to say that those ships aren't still around?

On the OT, we see.

>Tatooine, a lawless planet ruled by Hutts.
>Yavin IV, a giant forest planet filled with abandoned Jedi Temples
>Hoth, an ice planet that doesn't really have any civilization.
>Dagobah, basically a swamp planet.
>Bespin, dozens of platforms hovering over the planet.
>Endor, a forest moon with a tribal civilization.

We never really see a buzzing metropolis of civilization, nothing at their technological peak. The galaxy is a huge place, for all we know those ships like in Naboo could have still been around, they could have been more advanced elsewhere. All we saw were Imperial Military fighting Rebels throughout a couple of systems that were not really populated so the Rebels could hide better.
>>
>>64953040
>>64952985

I think the idea was that the tech looked borked and run-down after the Empire took over. That would be the logical conclusion, but Lucas didn't realize it would alienate fans.
>>
>>64954572
>>don't think to warn Luke about it

Luke, if you ever face the Emperor, not matter what, do not throw away your lightsaber, it's the only way you could stop force lightning. This weapon is your life, and a good friend.
>>
Stuff like that Nubian yacht are luxury vehicles. The ships we see in the OT are purposely rugged, they're either military vessels or modified freighters.
>>
>>64954370
LOL
>>
>people trying to defend the prequels
The plots were shit, the character arcs were embarrassing, it looked awful because of the CGI, most of the ideas were just plain bad, the fights were god awful compared to the OT's considered samurai style combat, the acting was bad

The only things I like about the prequels are that some of the alien & environment designs are interesting. But that's all on the artists, Lucas surrounded himself with great talent and wasted it all
>>
File: Nubian Yacht.jpg (195 KB, 750x470) Image search: [Google]
Nubian Yacht.jpg
195 KB, 750x470
>>64954775
>Nubian yacht
>>
>>64954572

>I hate the prequels for this shit

Why do you hate them?, during A New Hope, Darth Vader was just a glorified lacky. Even if they had it planned from there that Darth Vader was going to be Luke's father if Obi-Wan told Luke about how he got the Lightsaber off of his father it would have ruined the reveal in Empire Strikes back.

Same thing with the force lightning, if he had told him it would have felt out of place and it wouldn't have made sense since its something that will happen in Return of a Jedi. Sure it could have worked if Force Ghost Obi-Wan told him in Return of the Jedi but then again, it would have ruined the "oh shit" moment when the Emperor uses force lightning.

That wasn't fault of the prequels at all, it was fault of how things got expanded after A New Hope. Some of you prequel haters are just down right autistic about the story.
>>
>>64954845
Any good writer would think of how to deal with the inconsistency, George didn't give it a thought
>>
>>64952985
I like to think that once the empire had gained control of the galaxy they systematically began removing any kind of technology that could be used to threaten their existence. The same way actual tyrants do.

It helps me with the prequels being so much more advanced than the original trilogy.
>>
>>64954845

Yoda would have told Luke about the Force lightning, even indirectly unless he was trying to send Luke on a suicide mission.
>>
>>64954819
Still better than TFA
>>
>>64954572
The idea is that Darth Vader has taken over and Anakin is no more. You can't BE YOURSELF and be a sith at the same time. He gave him Anakin's saber, and in Obi-Wan's mind, Anakin killed no innocents, that was Vader.

I don't think Obi-Wan ever came into contact with force lightning, but Yoda has been living alone on a swamp planet for 20 years or so, understandable that somethings may have slipped his mind.
>>
>>64955005

This is what contrarian faggots actually believe.
>>
>>64952985
How is that a problem with the PT? It's a problem with the OT. The OT really needs to be remade to fix all of the problems like that.
>>
>>64955032
>I don't think Obi-Wan ever came into contact with force lightning,

He did against Dooku.
>>
>>64952985
Ships in OT were Rebel ships, smuggler ship and Imperial ships.
Prequels had various other elements and factions that would naturally posses more wealth or style
>>
>>64955005
No they weren't, TFA at least looks much better than the prequels and some of the ideas aren't shit

The problem with that movie is the script is bad and it's quite clear there is a lackadaisy attitude of 'we'll fix it in the extra material/sequels' which ruins the actual film. It was obviously rushed because they wanted the old actors in it before they start dying off/didn't want to do it anymore
>>
>>64955032

Obi Wan could block force lightning with his lightsaber and saw Anakin get fucked up by it on geonosis.

And I really doubt yoda would have forgotten fighting the Emperor and nearly dying.
>>
>>64954457
Lucas absolutely BASED
>>
>>64955178
It looks better but is infinitely more flawed as a concept.

Flawed execution > Flawed concept
>>
>>64952985

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""OP""""""""""""""""""""""""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""IS"""""""""""""""""""""""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""A""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""FAG"""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>64954879

Okay, name me one other director other than George Lucas that made a trilogy of movies then 20 years later made another trilogy of movies taking place before the original trilogy he made. There were going to be inconsistencies on such a huge undertaking spanning six movies. You have a lot of factors outside the film that could have affected this. Could George have done better?, absolutely but he did what he could given his circumstances.

>>64954986

>could've, should've, would've

Discussing this in movies is a vicious circle. But lets say Yoda or Obi-Wan did tell Luke about the Emperor's force lightning. Luke would have used his lightsaber to block out his force lightning and then what?, the whole series of events that made the scene great would have been ruined. In terms of the in-universe implications it would have made sense for them to tell Luke, but in terms of the story I think it would have a bigger impact that Luke didn't block the Emperor's lightning as to have the events that happened after it.
>>
>>64952985
thats just the style of the naboo ships you fucking idiot. its even in the file name there. the ships on naboo are all like that
>>
>>64955032
Yoda is like a thousand years old, I don't think 20 years is a very long time to him.
>>
>>64954457
Yeah. See? I can watch something like this and then I don't need to participate in a thread like this. For me, there's no argument. Why is something in the movie the way it is? I'll watch the interview with the director and creative people. End of discussion. There's no shitposting necessary, or back-and-forth "George didn't care, blah, blah, blah." It's end of discussion.

>I NOTICED A THING IN A MOVIE AND NOW I'LL SHITPOST AND GET 200+ RESPONSES

No need. Be a grown-up. Look at the source material. End of discussion.

>POST TEH SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND MY FRIENDS WILL POST THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND THEN WE'LL BE LIKE A BUNCH OF FUN GUYS POSTING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN FUN

No need. It's been discussed elsewhere, and done better. End of discussion.
>>
>>64954247
I like to think the jedi are in the middle of a city because galactic civilization kinda gravitated towards them due to the promise of near-omnipotent warrior monks devoted to keeping and spreading peace... keeping the peace.

But hey, that would make sense.
>>
>>64955321
>There's no shitposting necessary
That's how we know you don't belong here.
>>
>>64954457
>prequel ships based on 50s design
>OT ships based on late 70s design
makes sense, sort of
>>
>>64952985
>TIE fighter.
>Stripped down military fighter designed for minimal protection and maximum cost efficiency.
>X-wing
>Primarily used by a resistance government with poor funding and a fleet mostly made up of retrofitted, upgunned, and uparmored civilian vessels.
>Millennium Falcon
>Ancient freighter with extensive modification that requires constant maintenance from an experienced individual just to stay functional.

Naboo was a decadent planet which had just recently come into great wealth, all of their ships are built like sports cars with low emission engines and great attention to aesthetics.
Also, check the filename of your own image OP. "Royal" that means the only people using it are going to be the super wealthy, they aren't concerned about maximum cargo space or the most durable reliable components, or modularity and room for modification.
They care about how much prestige they can garner by owning and maintaining a high end custom ship that's environmentally friendly and luxurious.
>>
>>64953229
This. I never understood this critic.
Look up 50s cars to 70s cars. it went from curves to blocks.
>>
>>64953503

see this shit makes no sense

how does a totalitarian empire taking over the whole galaxy "crush their unity"? like that's the epitome of unity. sure it may not be a pretty kind but it's exactly the fucking kind that allows for consolidated productive power to make better shit.
>>
>>64952985
you are a dumbfuck

the prequels take place during a time before the galaxy went to shit so everything is naturally new and shiny looking
>>
>>64954572
Vader helped the Empire hunt down and kill the jedi. Obviously this "good friend" committed some atrocities.
>>
>>64955783
vader wasn't the good friend though...
>>
>>64955847
but Ben was talking about Lukes father as a good friend, and ESB big reveal is Vader being said father
>>
>>64955884
Vader was like an alternate personality created by the dark side. He pushed his way through Anakin's brain suppressing that personality and taking control of the body. In essence, killing Anakin. Only at the end was Anakin able to regain control.
>>
Well before it was retconned, KotOR indirectly confirmed that technology in the Star Wars galaxy has been stagnant for hundreds or thousands of years. Despite occurring far in the past, robot and ship designs are really no less advanced than in the main series. So you shouldn't really see any differences between movies. The example in the OP picture is only that sleek because it's a royal ship, and Naboo ship design generally seems to prefer smooth shapes over the usual boxy designs covered in greeble.
>>
File: lets be autistic here.jpg (875 KB, 4340x1020) Image search: [Google]
lets be autistic here.jpg
875 KB, 4340x1020
>>64955656
>>
>>64954572
anakins story should have been more like revans during the manda wars desu, nothing like the bullshit we got
>>
>>64955744
Because your average citizen doesn't want a totalitarian regime breathing down their neck. The whole reason the Empire was made legal was because the Republic was corrupt and Palpatine owned or blackmailed enough senators to ensure that any motion he suggested would be passed, even something as radical as a complete restructuring of the government.

To keep common people from rising up, you separate them so that any resistance that crops up is virtually alone. The commoners from individual planets who couldn't afford to buy their own spaceships would never see other worlds. The Empire also cracked down on smuggling because contraband is only one of the many things that can be illegally transported between planets, smugglers could also carry instructions or influential individuals to and from rebellious splinter factions.
>>
>>64953297
>one of the most expensive space missions vs. everyday blue collar job

Makes sense, a little bit.
>>
File: queens ship miniature.jpg (36 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
queens ship miniature.jpg
36 KB, 636x426
>>64954819
>the cgi
>>
>>64956219
Just the opposite, the more it costs to get something from one place to the other, the less luxury you waste on it.
>>
>>64952985
Who are you to say that the empire era hardware isn't more powerful and streamlined, oh space engineer?
>>
>>64956219
the mining ship was way more expensive that the prometheus. It only makes sense from a film making perspective because that was about the best they could do when alien was created and prometheus didn't want to stick with the style.
>>
>>64956386
>>64956396

It's more that there were important people on that ship - world-famous scientists and CEOs. Of course they're going to give them all Macbooks.
It's a flimsy excuse, of course. But from an aesthetic perspective, it makes more sense to put DOS screens on a space truck and HD holograms on a space cruise ship. It's not realistic, but it helps set the tone better, whether it was "planned" or not.
>>
>>64956219
The difference in computing makes no sense, low end televisions aren't still cathode ray tubes because it's cheaper
>>
>>64953064
This explains all.

I actually recall reading somewhere that GL knew the technology wasn't good enough to properly represent his ideas for 1,2,3 hence he started with 4,5 & 6 which could be done with miniatures.
>>
>>64956057
>Anakin should have been even more of a Mary Sue badass that's secretly good all along

lol no
>>
>>64953302
>Kotor aesthetic
>bunch of video game artists taking a cursory look at OT designs, noticing some of them were a bit blocky, then drawing a whole bunch of blocks calling them spaceships
>>
File: 1452963282615.gif (32 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452963282615.gif
32 KB, 800x800
>>64953064
>space ship manufacturers forget shit when a new regime takes over
>>
>>64952985
>Naboo is rich as fuck
>ship designs reflecting that is bad
This is /v/-tier retardation. Good job, OP.
>>
>>64954032
A luxury yacht okay, but then explain why all the Naboo fighters looks sleek too, are they luxury too?
>>
File: 12365676786796.jpg (123 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
12365676786796.jpg
123 KB, 768x432
>>64954110
What an impractical design in a ship. So silly. What if you had to walk all the way to the bridge/core but you were on the outskirts of the ship? It would take forever.
>>
Not gonna lie, guys. Episode 3 is my favourite Star Wars movie.
>>
>>64958001
take the transporter, duh!
>>
>>64957794
They're probably out of business because you can't produce arms without Empire's license. Rebels have to rely on black market and shit.

>>64958001
The core is not for guests. You're not supposed to go there.

>>64957910
Yes, and apparently Naboo weren't fighting a war in ages, so the army is predominantly for show (which explains why they sucked so bad against federation). Like Swedish guards in Vatican.
>>
>>64958243
>Swedish guards
Swiss*
>>
>>64954521
It is ancient though, like over 10,000 years.
>>
File: 32427696789345345.jpg (123 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
32427696789345345.jpg
123 KB, 768x432
>>64958243
>The core is not for guests. You're not supposed to go there.
Okay lets say the core is off limits. And I am a guest. But I want to visit another guest on the other side of the ship. Still a stupid fucking design.
>>
>>64958376
Stay in your work zone, trooper.
>>
>>64958001
The ring is a loading dock/flight deck. The sphere is the bridge/CIC/habitable area. It makes perfect sense.

Think of the majority of space onboard today's aircraft carriers vs the "island" decks
>>
>>64958243
>probably
Post discarded the truth is it's easier to cgi up some smooth fancy ships instead of complicated detailed ships
>>
>>64958426
>trooper

Lowly droids don't even rate that, anon.
>>
>>64958376
You're suggesting that there's some reason why someone working in one hanger needs to walk all the way to the other hanger? Like why?
>>
>>64958376
You jump on a ferry ship and fly to where you want, there are gates all along the middle of the inside.
>>
>>64953550
>methinks
Fuck you
>>
>>64958474
There are no CGI ships in prequels.
>>
File: 149.gif (2 MB, 235x150) Image search: [Google]
149.gif
2 MB, 235x150
>Age of wealth and prosperity
>More ornate and artisan ships

>Age of totalitarianism and militia warfare
>More crude Soviet brutalist style and practical ships
>>
>>64958717
>all backgrounds are cgi
>make real spaceahips models
Was Lucas senile?
>>
>>64958376
The entire ring is the hangar

Also both sides have an opening for it. Worst case is you have to walk half a ring.
>>
File: pompeii-line-up-street.jpg (133 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
pompeii-line-up-street.jpg
133 KB, 640x560
>>64958973
Backgrounds in films like this are mostly composite ever since the invention of matte shots
>>
>>64958001
Did you not see the multiple hangar bays on the ring and the hangar bay on the sphere?

The ring is for droids only. The sphere is for commanders.
>>
>>64953503
>likening the Empire to the tower of Babel
Really anon
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.