[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything you HAVE to know about Cloverfield Lane SO FAR T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1242x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1242x513
Everything you HAVE to know about Cloverfield Lane SO FAR

The poster of the movie shows a barn and a tunnel that goes all the way down that leads to the letter "L"

That's actually the tunnel that leads to the bunker seen in the trailer. You can see her crawling through it in the trailer.

This is coming from the script of the movie.

Locations - 100% rural town near Milwaukee, WI, including an underground bomb shelter with two sparely furnished bedrooms, a small kitchenette, a makeshift bathroom, closet and its steel doors, a large wall of full wine racks, and a crawlspace to barn; a farmhouse and its bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen; an abandoned rural highway and gas station, a burning Chicago city skyline, a beat-up yellow truck, and destroyed car.

Quote from a early screening
"it has nothing to do with Cloverfield. They are trying to tie it with a well known property. There is no Cloverfield monster in this movie. This is just a marketing trick."

Read more - http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/board/nest/252674302?ref_=tt_bd_3

What the original script was -
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1048x1552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1048x1552
Poster/Barn
>>
>>64952606
>linking to reddit
Do me a favor and fuck yourself in the ass with a cactus.
>>
>>64952657
Makes joke about Reddit for the 100000000th time.

Take your own advice anon
>>
>>64952606
Stop shilling
>>
>>64952606
>Quote from a early screening
>"it has nothing to do with Cloverfield. They are trying to tie it with a well known property. There is no Cloverfield monster in this movie. This is just a marketing trick."

I bet this is a ruse. Why keep this movie and then you just happen to attach it to cloverfield for no reason? This is what Jew Jew does he doesn't want you knowing too much. I bet the whole John Goodman captured thing is like 15 mins of the movie max but they blow it up as the whole thing to deceive.

Was MEW in the first Cloverfield? There were so many hipster sluts I can't keep track.
>>
>>64952736
I'm not making a joke, I'm just saying that linking to the site implies that I'm gonna visit there and thus be deemed a redditor by the patrons of this board. I am not that stupid, anon.
>>
>>64952768
Stop trying to troll people, or at least put more effort into it. What monster movie/cloverfield sequel could they make with $5 million? Answer: they couldn't.
>>
>>64952768
They attached Cloverfield to it at the very end because the original movie was crap and they knew it so Paramont had to do something. JJ said throw the Cloverfield name on there and at the very end instead of showing a CGI burning city on flames and radiation, have a few CGI monsters walking around.

I wish the bunker is only the first 15 min but watching from the trailer MEW has several costume changes then goes from no injuries to having a limp then to having a crutch. Just doesn't seem like it's going to even be only 30 mins of the film. Really seems like it's the entire movie..unfortunately
>>
>>64952606
THE REAL QUESTION IS HOW DID DAMIEN GAZELLE GET HIS NAME ATTACHED TO THIS IF HE DIDN'T WRITE ANY OF THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT
>>
>>64952898
>They attached Cloverfield to it at the very end because the original movie was crap and they knew it so Paramont had to do something.
They could just...y'know...not release the film

The thing is JJ's probably been pulling a master ruse on all of us by releasing fake scripts under fake titles so that none of us would see it coming when he slammed us with the actual title of the film. Unless someone can prove that there was an actual unreleased screening I'm sticking to the theory that JJ's just doing the shit he always does.
>>
>getting rused by jj this hard
I am kekking at the reddit friends who werent here for lost and cloverfield threads. I call so much bullshit on this 'b-but jj slapped his name on it to make money!'. Ah yeah, jj, who we all know must be strapped for cash and business ventures right, needed to come forward and produce this film that for some reason was going to fail without being attached to cloverfield. Do keep in mind this film warranted a mainstream return of MEW and a feature of John Goodman himself. Yeah and then on top of all that, they release the first trailer out of the blue 2 months before release date. I wouldnt have any of you paranoid fucks market or produce a film if my life depended on it.
Get. Rused.
>>
why do people care? the first one sucked and this one will be worse. who gives a fuck? Ill go see it because its march. but i dont care to think about it at all. why are you trying to solve clues? Do some drugs
>>
>>64952887
Did you even watch Cloverfield? They barely showed the monster. I'd be ok with that I already saw that and don't want some retarded Pacific rim battle with the monster.
>>
>all this discussion about some found footage monster trash

Are you all children?
>>
>people thinking jj is a le master ruse man or can keep anything at all up his sleave

fucking starwars 7 plot was known completely months in advance
>>
>>64953242
>Did yo even watch Cloverfield?
Motherfucker, did you? That movie cost $25 million to make and you're right, you BARELY see the monster at all. This movie had a budget of $5 million.
>>
>>64953376
>thinking the budget is really $5m
Ahahahahahaha
Yessss, let the ruse flow through you
>>
>>64953372
How old are you? You know jj pulled ruses and ARGs with lost and cloverfield back in '08 and before? Disney having him on a chain for a SW cash in does not define him
>>
>>64953449
How old are you?

Cloverfield was a generic monster shaky cam flick.

And lost was made up as it went along.

If you honestly think there's anything else here you need to go back to reddit.
>>
>>64953376
First of all the budget is not really 5 mill second I don't care if Isee the monster less seeing him is not important.
>>
>>64953498
How old are you? This movie was just announced. You are retarded to think they casually will let out here this is a garbage movie they decided to attach the Cloverfield name too. Especially since JJ always does ruse cruises with his movies and Cloverfield is the king of that. Fuck off back to reddit child you gotta be 18 to post here.
>>
File: 1449105248865.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1449105248865.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>64953359
I'm pretty sure it's they studio trying to create some ebic viral marketing.

Ignore them and they'll go away hopefully. Don't make any memes about it, don't discuss it, no free publicity, just let this dogturd flop into obscurity.
>>
>>64953586
Simply reddit.
>>
>>64953498
You dumb fuck I was referring to his artistic freedom and the ruse cruises. Back to reddit you go!
>>
>>64953614
>Don't make any memes
I already am halfway done with a CIA meme putting him in that trailer.
>>
who gives a shit
>>
>>64953400
>Yessss, let the ruse flow through you
Okay? Keep in mind I said I DID see Cloverfield. That shit was terrible. I'm just here because I like John Goodman. If they intentionally lied about the budget and also did the seemingly impossible task of making a big budget special effects heavy sequel to a movie I hated and then tricked me into seeing it because they marketed it as a chamber drama with the guy from Rosane, yeah then I'd be pissed. All signs point to 4 seconds of tacked on cgi in an otherwise enjoyable John Goodman movie though, so eat a dick.
>>
>>64953693
You for posting in this thread. Thanks for the bump. Thanks for the next bump in advance when you angrily reply to this post = )
>>
>>64953715
All signs point to you fucking off back to reddit.
>>
File: 1424868675549.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1424868675549.png
13 KB, 381x380
>Cloverfield is a cult movie

The fuck are you people smoking? The movie was mediocre shaky cam garbage with a disappointing monster design.

Where does this cult movie garbage come from? Directly from the marketing team I guess. Name one quotable line from that entire shitfest of a movie I dare you.
>>
>>64953665
Don't pls. Don't let JJ win.
>>
>>64952606
I don't really care that it's a normal movie with cloverfield name slapped on. I was hyped to see it before the cloverfield link was announced. yeah, its a real low blow by jew jew but I'm sure it's still a good movie.
>>
>>64953812
The movie had a god tier ARG that was ultimately disappointing.
>>
>>64953693
Redditors that want you to believe they were here for Cloverfield
>>
>>64953359
>on /tv/
>gets mad at people for talking about movies
>>
>>64953812
literally a bad flick
>>
>>64953882
>/tv/ - Television & Film
>& Film
It doesn't say movies you fucking low IQ /b/ ape
>>
>>64953812
>Tarantino fans
>>
File: 1414464601098.jpg (11 KB, 226x225) Image search: [Google]
1414464601098.jpg
11 KB, 226x225
>>64953856
So people are looking forward to it because the last movies marketing was good?

Is this the world we now live in?
>>
File: 10-cloverfield-lane-trailer.jpg (33 KB, 702x336) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane-trailer.jpg
33 KB, 702x336
>>64952606

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQy-ANhnUpE

http://collider.com/cloverfield-2-secret-movie-10-cloverfield-lane/

'10 Cloverfield Lane' Is the Title of J.J. Abrams' Secret Bad Robot Movie

In 2014, news broke that filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg--who helmed the short film Portal: No Escape--would be directing a post-apocalyptic thriller called Valencia (also referred to as The Cellar) for Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge, produced by J.J. Abrams. While it's true that the film is a post-apocalyptic thriller and was produced by Abrams, it appears that the Star Wars: The Force Awakens director has pulled another fast one on us--the movie's actual title is 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Yes indeed, it appears as though that long-talked-about sequel to the secretive Abrams-produced 2008 film Cloverfield is not only happening, it's already in the can. Abrams is taking the exact same marketing approach to this film as he did with Cloverfield, as a Collider reader who caught an east coast screening of Paramount's 13 Hours hipped us to the news that the teaser trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane is attached to Michael Bay's Benghazi film. Surprise!

We subsequently reached out to Paramount Pictures for comment, who provided Collider with this exclusive statement from J.J. Abrams himself:

cont.
>>
It's known that JJ only added in some sounds and a few seconds of cgi to tie this to cloverfield

90% of the movie will take place in the tiny bunker
>>
File: 10-cloverfield-lane-546543.jpg (38 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane-546543.jpg
38 KB, 600x338
>>64953973

"The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible."

The film stars John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and John Gallagher, Jr. and when we previously spoke with Winstead while she was promoting her indie Faults, she told us the story revolves around a woman who wakes up in a cellar where she's being kept by a stranger, played by Goodman. The actress elaborated a bit on the plot by saying the following:

"He tells me that basically the world is over outside because there's been a nuclear fall-out. It does have similarity to Faults, in some ways, because you don't know who's telling the truth or who to believe. There's a lot of, who's manipulating who, and all of that. Tonally, it's very different, but it has some of those same themes."

Now that we know the title of the film, this "post-apocalyptic" setting appears to make much more sense, but how exactly it ties to Cloverfield remains unknown. Abrams tells us it's a "blood relative", which seems to suggest that the movie isn't a direct sequel to Cloverfield but instead takes place within the same universe. Our reader says the trailer is not found footage so it's taking a different visual style than the Matt Reeves-directed original, but is it set within the New York City area? And how long after the events of Cloverfield does it pick up? That's all unclear, but seeing as how the first trailer is set to arrive imminently, I'm sure we'll have plenty more questions once that's officially released.

Luckily, we don't have to wait long at all to see the film. 10 Cloverfield Lane is set to hit theaters on March 11th.

FIN
>>
>>64953918
doesnt say flick either desu
>>
>>64953973
>>64954013

My guess is that the story has a twist ending, where the outside world is actually fine and John Goodman is just a crazy guy imprisoning the guy and chick because he's crazy.
>>
>>64953973
Literally settles everything about cunts not knowing if it was to save a failing film or a ruse. Surprise reddit! It's a ruse. You're a dumb fuck if you don't expect jj to ruse.
>>
reminder its a scam
It was unfinished for a long time because this movie was originally part of Paramount's Insurge Division(source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-downgrades-low-budget-insurge-783745), which was a sector of Paramount devoted to low budget films made for 5 million or less. The Insurge divison collapsed and folded up and this film(when it was originally called Valencia) was caught in limbo with no studio home. Eventually it was grabbed up by Paramount again and new scenes were written in by Dan Casey to connect the film to the Cloverfield universe so it would actually make some money in theaters. Those new scenes/reshoots were shot in in March 2015 and they've spent the last year editing and adding effects. I'm starting to get a real funny feeling about this film the more and more I dig around. The original script, the fact that none of the original Cloverfield crew are involved(aside from JJ), and the fact that Paramount is releasing a film with a 5 million dollar budget in IMAX, is beginning to seem like a big cash grab for Paramount to make a few quick bucks off of an orphaned movie that they bought up. Here's some more info about the film in its original state: http://logins.specscout.com/homepage.php?mod=screenplay&smod=coverage&cmd=cvgd&sp_id=287
>>
>>64954114
I don't know how to break it to you, but you're a fucking retard. Read the thread you jackass and stop spitting everything they told you at /r/ movies. Back to reddit!
>>
>>64953914
Cloverfield isn't a flick its kino.
>>
>>64953960
>marketing sells products
>this concept is new to me

Holy shit.
>>
>>64954159
>I don't know how to break it to you, but you're a fucking retard
Marketing team is doing a great job, has the 4chan lingo all memorised and shit
>>
>>64954159
who said you could post directly at me?
>>
>>64954111
>just a crazy guy imprisoning the guy and chick because he's crazy
somebody give this troglodyte a pulitzer
>>
>>64954200
Read the post again. The anon I am responding to is saying people are looking forward to the movie because of how good THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN was, as in they are impressed by how well they did the whole ARG thing.

He isn't saying that people are looking forward to the movie thanks to good marketing but they are looking forward to the marketing itself.
>>
This movie looks great everyone here at <target website> will enjoy this movie.
>>
>>64954276
>people consume products that are marketed well

Holy shit you are some fucked up NEET
>>
File: blair witch 2.jpg (69 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
blair witch 2.jpg
69 KB, 960x540
>>64952606
>sequel to found footage film
>not found footage
Because it worked so well the last time.
>>
>Only 2 months away

oh man this is gonna be such a giant turd
>>
>>64954326
Are you illiterate or something?

Read my post slowly and carefully
>>
>No ARG stuff found yet
>Not even an official site

Come on JJ, the first film wasn't even good it was all about the marketing.
>>
>>64954298
shit my script, fuck, ignore that post
>>
>marketing teams go onto 4chan because they want the eternally-unsatisfied NEET audience
>>
WHO
THE
FUCK
CARES

Cloverfield was shit.
>>
>>64954335
Only a 5m budget, the Clover tag will probably scoop it to around 30m.
>>
>>64954372
>no official site
http://www.10cloverfieldlane.com/
>>
Cloverfield was a really shitty movie.
>>
>it has nothing to do with Cloverfield

Hype is gone.
>>
>>64954331
To be fair, that movie suffered from a shit ton of studio meddling but yeah
>>
There's no fucking way this movie doesn't have anything to do with Cloverfield. When the title comes up in the trailer, you can hear the noise the monster made when he ate HUD in the original.

Also look at the hype now. If they did what people are saying their doing, the movie would get ROASTED and Trachtenberg's career would be DOA.
>>
>>64954428
>title fades in on the word Cloverfield, emphasizing it
>this has nothing to do with Cloverfield
>>
>>64954331

If the studio didn't meddle with the film, it would have been good. Book of Shadows is notorious for being one of those movies the studio actually changed and reshot.
>>
>>64954471
I don't actually believe it though. It would be one of the stupidest decisions in filmmaking if it were true.
>>
>>64954395
They aren't here for the 100-500 that post kiddo
they're here for the 400,000(confirmed by moot in 2013) that lurk
>>
>>64954358
You are a dumb fuck NEET
>>
On IMDb it says the budget is 5 million, but if you click on "see more" it says the budget is 100 million. He's messing with us. This IS a big budget sequel/equal, whatever, WITH monsters & it's been that way from the start. Come on--why in the world would he take a bad indie film & tack on a huge brand name for a sequal people have begging for for 8 years? No. Just no. It's common sense & it's all a game.
>>
3-11-16.com hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>64954805
hahaha 3-11 looks like someone farting on the twin towers hahaha
>>
>>64953918
>Film
>being this autistic
>>
>>64954233
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64952606
> there is no Cloverfield monster
Okay, JJ at least cgi'd one into the movie. Otherwise, he'd lose all credibility with audiences and the film industry.
>>
>>64955585
I think /tv/ just reached a new low
>>
I'll wait to see reviews, and I'll probably end up spoiling myself by reading the plot summary on wikipedia. I just don't trust it enough to see it in theaters.
>>
>>64954805
Congrats on being the first to register the domain.
>>
>>64953812
imagine if it were a good movie and they've used original whale design
>>
>>64956566
I love Cloverfield but that whale design was 1000x better than the one they went with.
>>
File: cloverfield monster scale.jpg (64 KB, 1400x613) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield monster scale.jpg
64 KB, 1400x613
I like that went with a completely original creature design.
>>
How much time did the first ARG last? Is two months enough time to make another one as exciting as the first one? that pretty much made the whole experience of watching to first movie. Movie itself in a second or third watch is pretty meh.
>>
I really don't believe they would just slap the Cloverfield name onto a movie just for the sake it.
Cloverfield wasn't that successful and it's 8 years old this year.
This is all just a ruse to show something bigger in the actual movie because I believe that what we've seen in the trailer is very close together and not really that indicative of what we're going to actually see in the movie.
>>
File: 1395961325521.jpg (5 KB, 252x150) Image search: [Google]
1395961325521.jpg
5 KB, 252x150
>>64954159
>read the thread
>back to reddit!

You can't even make sense in a single post, how do you expect him to do what you're saying?
>>
File: 1421192827613.jpg (66 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
1421192827613.jpg
66 KB, 500x584
I'm positive the third act will deal with the fallout from the original movies.

But could you imagine if it didn't? The surprise trailer was huge news overnight. All of the forums and even social media are talking about it. There's clearly been a ton of people waiting on a sequel and now the hype is real.

Imagine if the whole thing is in the bunker and when she escapes, it's normal outside. No sign of anything having to do with Cloverfield at all. The disappointment would be so widespread and aggressive, people would be freaking the fuck out.

It would be unbelievable levels of incompetency and kek.
>>
>>64953996
>trying to ruse us even harder

JJ pls
>>
>>64957121
There'd be massive fucking riots, and I'd laugh my ass off.

I'd be sad about the movie, but yeah.
>>
>>64952606
Can you stop making these threads every fucking hour, mr. marketer?
>>
>>64956566
>>64956590
The whale was a fanmade design, sadly.
>>
so the movie has nothing to do with kaijus/monsters, right?

it's just some stupid metaphorical monster. MEW is probably imprisoned and being raped or something. le big bad white man.
>>
My dad works for JJ. It will go like this:

>Cloverfield Lane Part l: The basement
>Cloverfield Lane Part ll: Roar
>Cloverfield Cinematic Universe
>John Goodman will be back in Clov3r
>>
>>64957249
no
>>
>>64952834
>everyone has access to your internet history

Well if you don't tell anyone noone will know. You sure you're not from reddit?
>>
>>64957374
What makes you say that?
>>
>>64957121

It's going to be some bullshit where she finds the camera from the end of the first one or something dumb
>>
>>64957121
>The disappointment would be so widespread and aggressive, people would be freaking the fuck out.
And? Money pocketed. I think it's clear they don't plan to build anything more on the brand, and it's getting more forgotten every year, better milk it now.

Also it's possible that they slapped some connection (like footprints of the mosnter) so they've left with 'proper' cloverfield 2.
>>
File: 1452283780244.jpg (16 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
1452283780244.jpg
16 KB, 364x364
>>64958206
>they've left with 'proper' cloverfield 2.
*they've left open gate for a 'proper' cloverfield 2
>>
>they just called it Cloverfield to lure people in!

Yeah, except everyone will know if the moster is in days before release due to early reviews, so why even bother?
>>
>>64953812
Cloverfield is literally the benchmark movie for home theater sound systems, specifically subwoofers.
>>
>never followed the ARG
>saw the movie blind apart from knowing there was a monster in it
Loved it. Amazing sound design and atmosphere. Of course it has zero depth and is all about the theatre experience, but it delivered on that front.
>>
>>64956907
>I really don't believe they would just slap the Cloverfield name onto a movie just for the sake it.
I would if Jew Jew never had any intentions of going back therefore there is nothing really to ruin so why not make some more shekels using a name he had no intention ever bringing back?
>>
Mostly want a sequal to the ARG.
>>
>>64953812

I loved the movie myself. normies hate it though because muh shaky cam
>>
>>64955668
Fuck off shit stain. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64952606
I bet even the fucking reddit thread is part of the viral marketing. They really upped their game this time now that so many shills are willing to do it for free
>>
>>64960499
no u
>>
File: 1449731878881.jpg (57 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449731878881.jpg
57 KB, 499x499
I just hope that more cute grills pop like balloons
>>
>>64953376

Because it was shot in a city. They're shooting in Buttfuck, State of Nowhere. No exorbitant taxes, no paying to shut roads, no sets of destroyed skyscrapers.
>>
To be honest though I think the trailer is really good. Like it shows just enough that you get a sense of the kind of movie it is but not so much that you can divine the entire plot.
>>
File: KumikoTheTreasureHunter_Poster.png (563 KB, 1144x857) Image search: [Google]
KumikoTheTreasureHunter_Poster.png
563 KB, 1144x857
I actually wouldn't mind if this is another Kumiko type deal were Goodman is some kind of schizo that thought Cloverfield was real.

It would be better than hurr durr cloverfield monster convinetly pops up at the same city as our bunkered characters are at.
>>
>>64953812
>I didn't like it, therefore it can't be a cult movie!

wow
>>
>>64954331
i hate james franco and he is a big shit on the floor actor with no talents and famous friends but he is very shit and a joke to me!
>>
File: 1451793376033.gif (4 MB, 320x356) Image search: [Google]
1451793376033.gif
4 MB, 320x356
>>64960687
>>
Re-watching the first one now cause of hype, I forgot how good it was.
>>
>>64954331

Blair Witch was only good because it was found footage. Cloverfield would have been better if it wasn't found footage.
>>
File: 1422001372228.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1422001372228.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
post yfw John Goodman dies an awful death to save MEW
>>
File: 1451685924539.jpg (58 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1451685924539.jpg
58 KB, 736x552
>>64963949
>>
File: 1437926500924.png (196 KB, 1270x1635) Image search: [Google]
1437926500924.png
196 KB, 1270x1635
>>64964662
That's a cute grill, sauce?
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/3Mh0cDxQ5w/

Someone in one of our older threads pointed out this picture from the director's Instagram. He's talking about some Gundam model he made but there are some creature figures next to it that could have something to do with the monster's in this movie. Does anyone recognize these figures from anything else?
>>
>>64953063
>They could just...y'know...not release the film
You really don't anything, do you?
>>
>Cloverfield
>10 Cloverfield
>10 Cloverfield Lane

This movie is going to be about 10 Cloverfield monsters living in a neighborhood. Once the chick opens up the door, she'll be in the neighborhood and since she's the odd one out, the Cloverfield monsters will hang her in the town square.
>>
It's a lion!
>>
>>64960474
They probably lack imagination and are autistic. They see talkshow hosts attacking an easy target (as usual) and like sheep take the cookie cut SHAKEY CAM jokes seriously.
>>
>>64956878
this is MUCH more low budget than Cloverfield and considering the time frame (less than 2 months till release) I wouldn't expect anything.
>>
>>64965615
Holy shit
>>
>>64965615
they just look like smaller cloverfield monster variants. could be leftover concepts from the old movie.

the monster from Super 8 also looks similar.
>>
All this hype for a shit flick. Get this shit off my board.
>>
>>64968015
>My board
>>
>>64969364
I'm Hiro dumbass
>>
>>64969444
trips confirm

make a /film/ board, faggot
>>
File: bates.jpg (23 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
bates.jpg
23 KB, 500x385
Damn, only Hiro would get those dank trips, I believe you
>>
>>64960950
implying its not taking place on long island or upstate NY where clover could be around
>>
Director on the right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxi7_ZjwD6o
>>
So is this a sequel or not? What is it? I know they take place in the same universe
>>
>>64964662
Magnificent battle station right there
>>
>>64952606

> HAVE to know

Pls stop shilling this garbage.

Salvaging a dumped movie by shooting a few scenes to tie into an older popular movie is literally Roger Corman tier.

Fucking lazy J.J.
>>
>>64952768

You're retard.

When Cloverfield was first announced they said it was Godzilla meets Found Footage.

J.J. then started with his mystery box marketing crap and retards like you said "LOL THERE IS NO WAY ITS JUST FOUND FOOTAGR WITH A GIANT MONSTER! LOOK AT THE WEBSITES DURR!"
>>
Anyone watch 'hidden' I get vibes of that movie here
>>
>>64953812
It was an interesting idea to show a kaiju attack directly from the perspective of bystanders. Problem was those bystanders were mostly obnoxious hipsters you wanted to see die.
>>
File: d2_slusho_1280x1024.jpg (222 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
d2_slusho_1280x1024.jpg
222 KB, 1280x1024
>implying the movie won't be entirely about Slusho
>>
>>64953918
same shit retard
>>
>>64970973
Well, who else would be recording every 5 minutes during a kaiju attack other than obnoxious hipsters?
>>
>>64971108
>movies are films

No. This meme needs to stop.
>>
anyone know the song in the trailer?
>>
>>64971218

It ain't me
>>
>>64971166
other way around m8
>>
>>64971260
>films are movies

No. This meme needs to stop.

Better?
>>
File: Oh hi Andy.png (225 KB, 547x547) Image search: [Google]
Oh hi Andy.png
225 KB, 547x547
>>64952606
>Quote from a early screening
>"it has nothing to do with Cloverfield. They are trying to tie it with a well known property. There is no Cloverfield monster in this movie. This is just a marketing trick."
>>
>>64965615
Wow, absolutely based.
>>
>>64970995
So what exactly is Slusho supposed to be like? We know it's made from the liquid mined from the ocean floor but what effect does it have, what taste?

I remember the old ARG said it was addictive.
>>
>>64971366
Slusho is a meme
>>
File: Contemplates.jpg (7 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
Contemplates.jpg
7 KB, 250x239
Is it possible that the early screening quotes saying it has nothing to do with Cloverfield were from rough footage of it before it was retrofitted into the universe?
>>
File: 1452957651904.jpg (694 KB, 1274x715) Image search: [Google]
1452957651904.jpg
694 KB, 1274x715
>>64952657
>>
Are there any other films about a group of people trapped in a bunker as the world goes to shit and we see them go insane with tension?

Day of the dead is all I can think of.
>>
>>64952887
Where do we keep getting this $5 million budget from?

I wonder if that is true, how much went to Goodman and MEW as a salary.
>>
>>64971980
Stop whatever meaningless shit you're doing right now and fucking watch Bug and Take Shelter.
>>
>>64972022
$5 million was back from 2014, for the original filming. It is unknown how much was spent on the reshoots.

I will say that the full script for the original vision is up on reddit, and it is actually a pretty good psychological thriller, and it's very clear how they can retrofit it into the Cloverfield universe without much effort at all. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it just based on the script alone.
>>
>>64953812
>>Name one quotable line from that entire shitfest of a movie I dare you.

"Flaming hobos"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2QwKybf_M
>>
>nobody hears about this movie, nor its production
>trailer it's released
>suddenly everyone in plebditt and IMdB knows everything and has read the script and seen projections of the movie

This is the most retarded disucssion I've seen on /tv/ in a while.
>>
File: 7677.jpg (191 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
7677.jpg
191 KB, 960x1280
>>64952606
Then why should we care about this shit movie?

Or; why does everyone care?
>>
File: dannytrs.jpg (64 KB, 550x312) Image search: [Google]
dannytrs.jpg
64 KB, 550x312
>>64972521
>>
Is there a proof that said early screening took place? Or is this just another redditor that people believe?
>>
>>64972559
I watched him since Geekdrome when he was just a 20-something fan. fucking weird to see how big he got.
>>
The whale design is GOAT.
>>
>People actually want to see a retarded battle against the fucking monster

Jesus, get some taste. Cloverfield was good because of its characters/overall style, had nothing to do with the "epic" monster". Go watch that godawful Godzilla movie with Bryan Cranston if that's what you want.

The premise of this actually sounds better than the original, I can't wait to see it
>>
>>64953400
What IN THE FUCK makes you think that a Hollywood movie with post-The Force Awakens J.J.'s name on it has a budget of $5 million dollars?
>>
>>64972879
If that was a fan design then I am surprised that they included the parasites as monsters.
>>
>>64970995
>tfw the Slusho theme tune is still playing in my head 5 years later...
>>
>>64952606
It's evident there's no monster. It's just a movie about a lunatic (goodman)

Everyone with a mininum graps can see this twist coming ahead and that's why they're so excited. I don't care about this movie
>>
>>64954111
I'm not sure whether or not that would be a twist.

I'm not sure whether or not the world actually being destroyed would be a twist either.

This seems like such a well worn premise that either would be kind of lame. Creepy guy tricks girl into thinking the world is destroyed, or creepy looking, but honest guy tells a girl the world is destroyed, but she doesn't believe him, but it's actually true.

There's gotta be a more interesting third option.
>>
>>64971980
Extinction is pretty cool.
It has Jack from LOST in it.
>>
>>64971980
I can't remember the name but it has a scene with a mutated gay man shouting KISS PUSSY.
>>
>>64954111
>a couple minutes after that reveal, Hammerdown happens
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x415
"Monsters come in many forms" IS THE FUCKING TAG LINE

That means not all monsters are huge and scary and some may look like JOHN GOODMAN.

There is no monster in this movie. Was two other movies before last minute shots of Goodman saying "monster" instead of "bombs and nukes".

Get it together /tv
>>
>>64973682

That's better than any actual Cloverfield sequel could hope to be though
>>
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 849x1200
>>64973822
Cloverfield Lane is gonna be fucking horrible.

Everyone see the new japense Godzilla movie? This is the new design and costume for Zilla.

HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>64973822
>shills being this desperate
>>
>>64973893
>>64973896
see
>>64973151

"Monster movies" are juvenile. If you want Godzilla, go watch it. Cloverfield was a unique take on an awful genre, the same thing can be said about Cloverfield Lane
>>
>>64971218
I think we're alone now
>>
>>64974023
No, I'm here too
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 418x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 418x354
>>64973961
Um...JJ said he wanted to make an American Godzilla. So yes, it's a monster movie ya dingus.
>>
>>64974054

Never said it wasn't you cuckold fuck. It's a unique take on a shitty genre.
>>
>>64972442
top fucking kek I love that part
>>
>>64973961

>Cloverfield was a unique take on an awful genre,

>Shitty shakycam horror movie with all the tropes of a shitty horror movie
>But the slasher/serial killer/demon is actually a giant monster!
>Unique
>>
>>64973682
>That means not all monsters are huge and scary and some may look like JOHN GOODMAN.

Anon, you're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>64974124

Found footage was unique for that genre at the time. Still is really. It also came 10 years after Blair Witch, pretty much the only relevant found footage film up to that point

Cloverfield was good. Not great but good. I'm looking forward to this
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 553x692
YEEZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMP MAN
>>
File: 1452996894878.jpg (109 KB, 942x598) Image search: [Google]
1452996894878.jpg
109 KB, 942x598
Hey hey heyyyooo
>>
Anyone have the script?
>>
What if he really is crazy and really does kidnap people and as mew escapes after going through all that shit is when Clover first turns up?
>>
>>64974630
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fmovies%2Fcomments%2F416hat%2Fthe_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from%2F
>>
>>64974685

Lol yeah, I had that thought. she gets back to NYC after the abduction and then the monster shows up
>>
What if this trailer really isn't the movie at all? What if none of this is even in the movie?

Would that ever happen or even allowed to?
>>
So is it related to Cloverfeild or not
>>
So over at the Unfiction forums they found what could possibly be our first step into ARG.

The website for "Swamp Pop" (which is a real soda company) updated with a "Long-Term Shelter Supply" for $4,813.00. 4813 being the number WEW punches into the jukebox. The description also reads for ".. for when there doesn't seem to be anyone around.." which is obviously the song.

The top of the page was updated to read "You can't just drink four" which.. come on.. so either they are just trying to cash in on the traffic to their site or something is starting to go down.

http://swamp-pop.myshopify.com/collections/all-products/products/long-term-shelter-supply
>>
>>64974782
>For 15 years
If it is an ARG maybe the twist is they wait that long to emerge.
>>
>>64974782
ANON YOU BROUGHT THE GOODS
>>
>>64974782
>http://drinkswamppop.com/
>>
File: areyouaware.jpg (15 KB, 348x298) Image search: [Google]
areyouaware.jpg
15 KB, 348x298
>>64953812
>Name one quotable line from that entire shitfest of a movie I dare you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KkyjpVpng

>not being aware of garfield

smhtbhfamroo
>>
>>64974953
And their site links to their official shop. Which is where this is. I'm not seeing much on their actual site.
>>
>>64974782
>>64974953
FUCK stay on that page for 10 minutes and you hear a train and grumble noises!
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2208x1242
>>64975141
My bad I had the trailer on in the background
>>
>>64974782
I sent the company a request on Facebook for more information on the product to see what they say.
>>
>>64975290
Good idea
>>
File: swamp-pop.png (1 MB, 1293x582) Image search: [Google]
swamp-pop.png
1 MB, 1293x582
>>64974782
>>64975290

Looks like he's drinking it in this scene.
>>
File: swamp-pop2.png (118 KB, 321x296) Image search: [Google]
swamp-pop2.png
118 KB, 321x296
>>64975376
>>
>>64975376
>>64975406
He is at the dinner scene as well, before he takes a bottle to the face.
>>
The company seems to be legit. There are many Americans on other sites saying that drink is available at their local supermarket.

the Cloverfield arg was all original content wasn't it? No promotional stuff with real businesses?
>>
File: image.gif (158 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
158 KB, 260x187
>>64975376
Fuckkkk here we go boys. Shit is picking up. Good work anons.
>>
>>64975447
Probably more cost effective
>>
>>64975447
Yeah nothing was real aside from the fact that you actually buy the shirts from Slusho's website. But yeah plenty of other people have said they have found this soda at their local supermarkets.
>>
>>64975447
There is a business that's right down he street from me that sells them. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Pretty sure it'll just be a normal soda but who knows
>>
>>64975508
Be careful might contain seabed nectar
>>
File: swamp3.png (870 KB, 1283x533) Image search: [Google]
swamp3.png
870 KB, 1283x533
>>64975434
You right.
>>
File: Confused Masked Rider.jpg (47 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Confused Masked Rider.jpg
47 KB, 620x620
OK so we have a site, what now? There are no links to other sites,no passwords to figure out, nothing.

Do we have to get in contact with the company and maybe order one of the bunker supply crates for more information or something?
>>
>>64974782
Might be nothing, but why is there a period before the L in "Long-Term"? It reads as ".Long-Term". Seems kind of weird, might be a clue but probably not.
>>
Literally Reddit the Monster
>>
>>64952606
Mew is cute as fuck in this. Holy shit.
>>
Never forget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBee1TuUSJE
>>
>>64975595
Yeah I mean that's pretty much what I'm doing, just waiting to hear back from them.

An remember this could just be the company trying to get extra traffic and publicity. But who knows.
>>
>>64975595
Hit them up on Facebook or Twitter and ask more info on it or email the company. It says "available by special request only" so we need to ask them and get in contact.
>>
>>64975622
Yeah man, it's almost painfully QT
>>
Guessing the movie takes place 15 years after the original with what that Swamp Pop page says...
>>
Why does Goodman have a shelf full of manga in his bunker?
>>
>>64975750
Ask to deliver to 10 Cloverfield Ln.
>>
Stream when?
>>
>>64973346
it's JJ, don't think too hard because it's not worth it

>I never regretted something entertainment related so much than reading the cloverfield mangas
>>
>>64974782
>swamp pop
>didn't even read the comic adaptation of the first movie that told everyone that some business guys used cloverfield monster's eggs to make sodas
>>
>>64976007
I did. Sent them an email and on Twitter. They seem pretty talkative. I'll post any response here.
>>
>>64976197
>>64976119
different name though

>Slusho is a fictional Japanese soft drink company which makes the Slusho! icee drink. The secret ingredient in Slusho is something called Seabed's Nectar. This ingredient was discovered on the deep ocean floor, under amazing pressure and in the most extreme cold.
>>
>>64952834
>be deemed a redditor by the patrons of this board

shit, dude. Do you really care what autists in an anonymous website think about you?
>>
IT'S FUCKING NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, NIGGERS

THE MONSTER IS THE FIRST ANGEL

THESE PEOPLE ARE SOME OF THE VERY FEW THAT SURVIVED ON THEIR OWN, THAT DIDNT GET INTO THE MEGA CITIES

THIS IS EVANGLEION: J.J. ABRAMS EDITION

NEXT MOVIE, WE MEET SHINJI IKARI
>>
File: 13583494535.jpg (13 KB, 237x255) Image search: [Google]
13583494535.jpg
13 KB, 237x255
>>64970973
>mostly obnoxious hipsters you wanted to see die

So it's just like The Force Awakens?
>>
>>64973346

>there's gotta be a more interesting third option

Her deciding not to go outside because she doesn't want to either open Pandora's box and fuck everybody over or get herself killed by Goodman in a fit of rage if he's lying?

I'm stumped desu senpai.
>>
>>64975215
Fucking kek if only this was his reaction towards TFA. Anyways what is he crying about here?
>>
File: 1435971517505.png (2 MB, 1400x860) Image search: [Google]
1435971517505.png
2 MB, 1400x860
>>64976458
>>
The guy from the quote of the "early screening" from OP is literally someone who posted at the DISQUS comments section of the Collider article. How about you faggots stop giving credence to literally every single idiot who posts on places like these without any sort of proof or reputation whatsoever? The guy who posted that comment simply said that shit without any further mention of where this "early screening" happened nor at least a spoiler. It's as if someone here said he was a "Bad Robot employee" and you guys took it as fact.

None of the critics knew about this project, no one else had a clue since fucking late 2014 about Valencia/The Cellar and no one has the slightest idea, aside from Bad Robot, about 10 Cloverfield Lane. How surprising it is that literally 2 days ago no one talked about any secret project even though Cloverfield's Facebook page posted a seemingly random update on November 2015, on the same month the website 10cloverfieldlane.com was registered, according to a whois search! You guys want to disappoint yourselves go ahead, but it's fucking ridiculous and transparent what some of you are trying here.
>>
>>64977159
The CW show The Flash..the dude cries about everything now. Check it out on his new channel on YouTube, just search Kevin Smith. It's super awkward.
>>
>>64977731
Ohhhh right where flashs relative has things happen to him/her. The only reason I know that cause he dedicated like 45 mins of the podcast to talk about it.
>>
File: Komm, susser Bane.png (63 KB, 671x851) Image search: [Google]
Komm, susser Bane.png
63 KB, 671x851
>>64976458
>>64977171
>>
>>64977193
By the way, fuck you op once again for making me go to that reddit link and be such a gullible fuck: the image proof for the "early screening" was edited from the "Cheese/Slusho" campaign 9 years ago, the guy even cropped lazily all the other stuff because he clearly has no idea how to make a believable notice. Unlike here, trolls like the one on reddit do have something to win: karma and attention, and op is giving it to them in his idiocy. Fully disregard that shit.
>>
i think these assholes are just pulling a fast one.

https://twitter.com/w_eakman/status/688583725995569152
>>
>>64952606
we need a new thread soon.
>>
>>64952606
This post looks very shill-y
>>
>>64978921
Clever bastards if that's the case. Either way, since it's a small brand they most likely had advance notice their product was gonna get featured, so at least they should know a little something.
>>64979237
Absolutely. But please remove all that speculative shit from reddit, keep it simple and with facts only, mentioning the possible link to Swamp Pop as part of the ARG.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1024x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1024x456
I want my fucking whale monster goddamn it
>>
>>64979496
Would anyone like to start a general /cln/ or something? At least till the movie comes out.
>>
>>64980990
me too anon me too.

Those parasites would have been way scarier too.
>>
>>64954372
http://3-11-16.com
>>
>>64981066
I'd be up for that but unfortunately I can only post mobile since my house ISP is banned from 4chan and I'm not gonna buy a pass. But I'm always down to contribute with clues like the debunking of thecellarmovie.com domain thing yesterday. We definitely should keep this active because there's a big chance an ARG might be unfolding.
>>
>>64958358
I did not know that.

Isn't the Fifth Element something along those lines?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.