[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been almost 13 years. How is this still the best capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20
File: X2_X-Men_United_movie_poster.jpg (288 KB, 1015x1500) Image search: [Google]
X2_X-Men_United_movie_poster.jpg
288 KB, 1015x1500
It's been almost 13 years. How is this still the best capeshit ever?
>>
>>64919268
It's good, but Spider-Man and batman begins are better
>>
File: 1448385139825.jpg (25 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
1448385139825.jpg
25 KB, 545x362
>>64919268
>It's been almost 13 years
Fuck me, nooooo.
>>
>that brief moment after Monster's Ball when Halle Berry was considered a big enough movie star to get a prominent place on the poster and an awkwardly grafted on subplot with Nightcrawler in the movie that goes nowhere
>>
>>64919287
Sure, and Blade.
>>
>>64919268
Wait until Skullshitl comes out.

>>64919354
And she still kept on whining for a bigger part in TLS.
>>
The prequels are miles better than the originals and you're a deluded nostalgia faggot if you disagree
>>
I'd say it was topped by Spider-Man 2 but the point still stands.

Because Singer is actually a competent director and he made a great action adventure movie with great characters and a stellar cast (outside of Berry). It's not just formulaic capeshit that put asses in seats based on it's title and it's CGI building falling trailer shots.

Also Brian Cox was fucking stellar in this movie. Most despicable guy ever. Literally invades and shoots up a school, responsible for Logan's horribly traumatic past but still shit talks him about it, captures Xavier and gets smug with him etc. etc. and yet you still feel sorry for him and understand why he does it when he talks about his son.
>>
>>64919268

Because the stories are inherently more meaningful and there's a wider range of characters and stories to tell.

They also take more risks by hopping around different time periods and shifting protagonists.

Also Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn are talented auteurs who know how to tell a big budget superhero movie.

Really it's a combination of multiple factors. But I agree, X-Men is the best superhero franchise currently running.
>>
>>64919435
X2 was GOAT though. The scene of Nightcrawler breaking into the white house was fucking incredible.

>>64919461
pretty much all of this.

I just wish Bryan Singer wasn't a pedo IRL.
>>
File: X-Men-Apocalypse-Poster-No-Text.jpg (2 MB, 1182x1575) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-Apocalypse-Poster-No-Text.jpg
2 MB, 1182x1575
>>64919511

This tbqh

Only thing they can't get right are the costumes.
>>
>>64919511
>Also Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn are talented auteurs
Too bad he's a pervert.
>>
>>64919585
>Olivia Munn is now starring in capeshit
what a time to be alive
>>
>>64919585
most of the costumes are fine in my opinion. A lot of the comic versions wouldnt translate well onto film and they did the best with what they could.

Some of them are weak. I remember thinking Bishop looked boring in DOFP. But in terms of writing and visual effects they more than make up for mediocre costumes.

>>64919619
I've always wondered about how the cast and crew feels about that? Some of them must have teenage sons. I wouldnt feel comfortable working with Singer, as talented as he is.
>>
>>64919435
>The prequels

wat. Surely not the SW prequels because those sucked donkey balls.
>>
>>64919685
He's talking about First Class and DOFP. I sorta agree, but I still liked X1. And X2 was fantastic.
>>
it's not even the best x-men movie
>>
File: ban-11.jpg (43 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
ban-11.jpg
43 KB, 1920x820
Post your favorite mutant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD32P4L4g4A
>>
>>64919578
>>64919619
>>64919684

How does Singer get away with it? Those huge, gay pool parties are public knowledge.
>>
File: Azazel-X-Men-Jason-Flemyng.jpg (56 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
Azazel-X-Men-Jason-Flemyng.jpg
56 KB, 570x300
>>64919766
Criminally underused in the movie.
>>
>>64919804
I really don't know. Maybe there isnt enough evidence to prove that he, without a doubt, had sex with someone under 18 even though it's really obvious he has. Also he's a powerful guy in Hollywood and they like covering shit up.
>>
>>64919435
First Class was worse than The Last Stand, though.
>>
>>64919855
Azazel? Nah, he had some pretty choice scenes. My favorite scene in First Class is when he drops people from the fucking sky and all you hear are loud thumps.
>>
>>64919895
How? The only thing I didn't like about it was that the continuity is pretty much fucked at this point. But on its own it was pretty cool.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (244 KB, 563x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
244 KB, 563x600
>tfw I remember watching the yify rip on my old laptop during a family road trip
>>
>>64919940
>fucked up

DOFP fixed that by retconning.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 200x200
>>64919976
>family road trip
>>
>>64919578
Him being a homo is worse than him being a pedo.
>>
>>64919976
Who is that?
>>
>>64920007
DOFP was really just one giant "let's try and fix the fucked continuity and disguise it as a good movie"

somehow they pulled it off
>>
>>64920058
if you dont like people in Hollywood being gay you may as well just stop watching movies
>>
>>64919976

Are you a Mormon?
>>
>>64920066
all DOFP needed was Wolverine waking back up in the new future, in his costume like wtf am I wearing only for the camera to to pan out with the older cast in their costumes and a cool fight scene with them all with the x men song playing

I just want this to fucking happen in one movie fucking hell
>>
>>64920066
You've said it anon, it's exactly like that.

I mean I liked it a lot but I expected more from it.

Let's hope Apocalypse is an X Men movie that doesn't try to fix anything.
>>
>>64919585
it's funny that the shittest and most hated actress (minus Jennifer) is the one who looks most like their comic counterpart in looks and costume.
>>
>>64919268
It's top 5, but Spider-Man 1 & 2 are the best.
>>
>>64920160
haha that would be so fucking cheesy but they would be a great way to end the series

>>64920182
Apocalypse is bringing back Nightcrawler so I already inherently like it. If they have him do cool teleportation ninja shit I'll be perfectly satisfied.

>>64920198
can someone explain why they didn't bring back Rebecca Rojmin for Mystique? The broad shapeshifts and doesn't age, plus she was WAY better than jennifer lawrence.
>>
Why is there no movie centered around Magneto?
>>
>>64920297
They were gonna make X-Men Origins: Magneto

They ended up making First Class, but they used a lot of the same script. A solo Magneto movie would probably be boring, you sorta needed his friendship with Xavier to balance it out.
>>
>>64920297
Except Origins and The Wolverine all the rest of the X Men movies tend to eventually center on Magneto.
>>
>>64920288

Lawrence is a huge name and studios still consider her a massive draw.
>>
ACTUALLY A GOOD ACTION / ADVENTURE MOVIE THAT HAPPENS TO INCLUDE SUPER HEROES
>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight
>Blade II
>Spider-Man
>Spider-Man 2
>X-Men
>X2: X-Men United
>X-Men: Days of Future Past

WORTH A WATCH FOR "FUN"
>Blade
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Iron Man
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>The Punisher

EH
>Captain America: The First Avenger
>Hulk
>X-Men: First Class

UTTER SHIT
>The Avengers
>The Avengers: Age of Ultron
>Blade: Trinity
>Daredevil
>Elektra
>Fantastic 4
>Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
>Green Lantern
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3
>The Amazing Spider-Man
>The Amazing Spider-Man 2
>Man of Steel
>Thor
>X-Men 3: The Last Stand

FUCK YOU IT'S GREAT
>Daredevil (Director's Cut)
>Spider-Man 3
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>Fantastic 4%

DOES THIS EXIST?
>Ant-Man
>Ghost Rider
>Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
>The Incredible Hulk
>Punisher: War Zone
>Superman Returns
>The Wolverine
>Thor: The Dark World
>>
>>64920373
Not when she was cast though. First Class came out in 2011, she was literally nobody. She hadnt even done Hunger Games yet.
>>
File: dan the man in japan.png (2 MB, 1338x1398) Image search: [Google]
dan the man in japan.png
2 MB, 1338x1398
>>64919804
>>
>>64919619
>Too bad he's a pervert.

Because he fucks Claudia Schiffer?
>>
>>64920396
>fantastic 4%
>not utter shit
>>
>>64920396
>no The Dark Knight Rises on good movie

into the trash it goes
>>
File: greatpost.jpg (144 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
greatpost.jpg
144 KB, 803x688
>>64920396
>DOES THIS EXIST?
>Ant-Man

Someone make a better list now
>>
>>64920527
No Bryan Singer has gay pool parties and hes obviously into young guys, like under 18.
>>
>>64920396
>The Dark Knight
>X-Men DOFP
>good
nope
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 634x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 634x545
>>64920288
coz jlaw is the current meme actress.

they should have just got Rebecca in first Class as a full role. Her always looking the same would have been way better to show her "agelessness" rather than showing her to be a fucking kid.

>romijin in 2016
>>
>>64920396
Uhh no thanks Pajeet no one asked for your opinion
>>
>>64920396
>>64920541

TDKR is definitely FUCK YOU IT'S GREAT tier
>>
File: x men, women, and otherkin.jpg (45 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
x men, women, and otherkin.jpg
45 KB, 600x300
>>64920160
>with the x men song playing
DAHNAHNAHNAHNAH NUH NUH... DUHN DUHN!
>>
>>64920396
The Wolverine Unrated Edition or whatever is a pretty good stand alone flick. The end goes a bit too capeshitty cliche though.
>>
>>64920600
this

show Mystique as a little girl in the beginning then show her as Rebecca Rojmin. She still acts, she still looks hot, she could have still done it, and she was fucking awesome at it. Her Mystique was fucking scary, Jennifer Lawrence is just angry and annoying.
>>
>>64920646
It had source material which helps it.
>>
File: 991755-uncanny_x_men__516_022[1].jpg (365 KB, 1280x1198) Image search: [Google]
991755-uncanny_x_men__516_022[1].jpg
365 KB, 1280x1198
>>64920288
>cool teleportation shit
>not just saying "BAMF"

Do you even Nightcrawler?
>>
>>64920626
exactly this

FUCK SAKE SINGER

also why the hell didn't they start a new with 3 in the past movies and 3 in the future movies? all the older cast still look good and that's who people want back. I'm really sick of these kiddy x men. I bet after Apocolypse we won't see Turner or anyone else back.
>>
>>64920646

Christ no one but based Bryan avoids this now. That newest Captain America was solid and had some great fight scenes but for some reason the finale had to feature epik flying aircraft carriors battles
>>
>>64920401

Well they wanted someone younger for Mystique since First Class was set in the 60s.

Now that her popularity exploded they can't dump her unless they kill her off, which they will in Apocalypse (Screencap this familia)
>>
>>64920736
it strayed quite away a bit from the source, comicbookgirl19 did a good review. If they 100% adapted The Wolverine from the Japan arc it would have been so much better.
>>
File: bait.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>64919435
>>
>>64920646
I really liked the scene where he died and then came back to life at the last moment that was pretty baller.

I just wish it had been rated R. Wolverine needs a gorey R film and maybe Deadpool will open the door to that.

>>64920760
Patrick Stewart is old. Hugh Jackman wants out. They've already made a lot of movies together, they can't keep it up forever.

>>64920808
but yeah thats the point, Mystique is ageless and a shapeshifter, they could have just used Rebecca again. a different actress was not needed.
>>
How do the hacks at MCU not kill themselves out of embarrassment when they see this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM

IT'S ALMOST LIKE A REAL MOVIE WITH CREATIVITY AND TENSION!
>>
>>64919268
I thought X-Men First Class was better.
>>
>>64920894
The Quicksilver scene is one of the greatest things to come out of superhero movies

I remember watching it and being shocked that a superhero movie in 2014 could still surprise me. god that was fucking amazing.
>>
>>64920716
Rojmin isn't a meme. They want their movie to make money. That's all these things are. Pandering product. The fact that you expect quality out of them reveals you to be a manchild. Possible adult video game player.
>>
>>64921005
Did you miss what I've been saying? In 2011, when First Class came out, she was a complete nobody. She wasnt a meme, she wasnt popular, Rebecca Rojmin was far more famous than she was at the time.
>>
>>64921005
the movie had other star power though, plus romijin is wildely known as mystique
>>
>>64921054
First Class was phase 2 in Jennifer Lawrence becoming a meme. Or do you think her fame was just a happy accident?

I'll refer you to a post I typed about Oscar Isaac a while back.

"By falling for the Oscar Isaacs meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Inside Llewyn Davis was a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Oscar Isaac is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy, Pratt. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

Isaac is lying to you with his very existence. "

Meme actors are manufactured.
>>
>>64919684
>I've always wondered about how the cast and crew feels about that?
They're all perverts too.
>>
>>64921178
>memes
>maufactured
you can't make memes you retard
>>
>>64920825
Sure, I just meant to say that the reason why it works on its own is because it has roots in a standalone story.

Same with DOFP, they changed around a lot, but it's still got a core to go back to. I much prefer adaptations that aren't afraid to veer WAY off base from the source material. Movies are their own format, they don't need to be direct and literal translations of the source material. Just use that as a springboard to tell your own story.

Watchmen is a perfect example, it tried to stay SOOO close as to use the comic for storyboard purposes, but it magnifies the changes they have to make for practical reasons, and a lot of what is good about the comic is that it's ALSO a metacommentary on the medium of comics in general. That's a lot less awesome when that metacommentary is missed, or irrelevant.

Not that the above is necessarily true for x-men, just the first example i could think of.
>>
>>64921178
You make some valid points with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, but Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender are both really good and don't just do generic shit.
>>
>>64921278
>what are forced memes
>>
>>64921321
>don't just do generic shit.
Yes they do. They may have started out as "legitimate" actors but they both soon descended into blockbuster nonsense. They may do an "interesting" small movie on the side every now and then, but that's only a manufactured attempt to create the illusion that they don't only do capeshit shitbusters.
>fassbender is legit, he did Frank and Slow West.
Yeah between capeshit sequels and let me remind you that he is doing literal videogame shit. In some ways Fassbender is the worst of them all. I always carry a weapon and if I saw him I'd do everything in my power to kill him, this is because I love cinema. If you did too you'd also hate him. Instead you are an easily manipulated meme sheep.
>>
>>64920160
Holy shit man, that would have made it the greatest capeshit movie ever, cry for the moon.
>>
File: darknessadvances.jpg (44 KB, 311x398) Image search: [Google]
darknessadvances.jpg
44 KB, 311x398
>>64921278
hey look, a meme I made

itsagoodmeem
>>
>>64921491
I don't really know what you want.

They do blockbusters for money/publicity and balance it out with arthouse shit to show their talents. That seems pretty reasonable.
>>
>>64921278
The meme has long since been co-opted by the jewish powers that be. For purposes ranging from money making to straight up white genocide. Just look at Guardians of the Galaxy and tell me that Hollywood hasn't tapped into cynical meme manufacturing.
>>
>>64921584
Franchise blockbusters are anti-artistic, to be involved with them on any level shows they are enemies of the medium. If you take the cape dollar then you are a sell out fraud.
>>
>>64921661
Have you not seen the X-Men movies? They actually are clever and artistic as a whole. You're making a blanket statement
>>
>>64921705
>They actually are clever and artistic as a whole.
Do you play video games? Don't lie to me.
Don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>64921521
I no right. Would have been an amazing send off to the older cast and probably talked about and watched for years. Shame.
>>
>>64921739
I'm not saying that they're like Scorsese movies or anything, but they arent totally shallow and have memorable scenes, and characters with depth who I care about.

I hate a lot of generic superhero shit but the X-Men movies are an exception, personally.
>>
>>64921491
>le edgemaster: the post
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 634x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 634x584
>#returntoromijin
>>
>>64921801
So yes you do? Fuck off. You are the reason the white male is on the brink of extinction. You infantilized piece of shit.
>he thinks Scorcese is legitimate art
>he thinks his fucking CAPESHIT is legitimate art.
>he willingly subjects himself to the autism machine.
>>
File: 6599329.png (59 KB, 519x391) Image search: [Google]
6599329.png
59 KB, 519x391
>13 years
>that quickly
>>
>>64921959
holy shit the autism in your comments is blinding

you came out of fucking left field with the white male thing
>>
>>64922045
Not really. The promotion of "geek culture" is a vital part of the jew's white genocide. You keep your enemy infantilized. Condition them to stay in their bedrooms worshipping cartoon characters and playing with toys, and at the same time you condition white females to race mix. And then, before you know it, no more white people.

If you consume entertainment product like blockbusters movies, comic books or video games then you are complicit in white genocide.
>>
>>64922016
It gets worse brother. It gets a lot worse.

The only reason I haven't killed myself is because I'm expecting the literal apocalypse any minute now.
>>
>>64921312
true that senpai
>>
>>64919268
pretty sure this was the first DVD I ever owned.
>>
Spider-Man and X-Men movies defined my childhood. I'll always like them due to nostalgia, even the lesser ones like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand.
>>
>>64922651
truth

spiderman 1 is a bit cheesy but I still love it cause its fucking awesome and one of the first movies i remember seeing
>>
Its not though, its extremely cookie cutter and basic with awful costumes and fight scenes, overall a 5/10 plot nothing too interesting about it at all and a lot of the characters weren't utilized well at all
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 427x640
>>64922172
my life in a nutshell
>>
>>64920198
Jennifer Lawrence looks absolutely fucking nothing like how Mystique should look and she is so detached from that by now she is basically an OC.
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 1242x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 1242x1201
>>64921900
>they hired a fat faced monotone stuck up chick
>not this
>>
>>64922906
I was on about Munn but yeah, it's absurd how she wasn't blue at all in the fucking trailer.
>>
>>64922952
Also in terms of acting ability Rebecca was superior.

She was really intimidating and more believable as the character.
>>
File: its time for me to die.png (284 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
its time for me to die.png
284 KB, 500x381
>>64922952
>tfw you will never fuck a woman who fucked John Stamos
>>
>>64922171
You are no better than those fucking SJWs and radical muslims, you people are never happy with what is offered to you, I'm so fucking sick of you fucking whiners, I hope that fat fuck from best Korea nukes the earth's core and send you all to hell.
>>
>>64923423
You should be radical in whatever you believe. That's the only way to make an impact. The trick is picking a cause that's just. My cause is white preservation which includes the destruction of degenerate media. As a straight white male this cause seems more attractive than the white genocide crusades of tumblr and Islam.
>>
File: 1445887298882.jpg (59 KB, 590x479) Image search: [Google]
1445887298882.jpg
59 KB, 590x479
>>64919585
>Olivia Munn
>With purple hair
>With a katana
>Yellow Contact Lenses
>Leotard armor
fucking YIKES holy shit JESUS christ FUCK desu senpai
>>
>>64923605
wew
>>
>>64923565
>You should be radical in whatever you believe
I don't believe in anything.
>>
>>64923903
then do so radically!
>>
>>64919268
Its a bad ass movie. definitely my favorite x men movie.
>>
>>64919268
Why the hell isn't Famke Janssen on that poster
Did Halle Berry scream and kick again until they gave her exposition as if she was an important character?
>>
>>64923565
Hey
reddit
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.