[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I gave you $150 and paid for food etc, would you camp for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 5
File: balir-witch.jpg (79 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
balir-witch.jpg
79 KB, 500x375
If I gave you $150 and paid for food etc, would you camp for 3 nights in the forest where they filmed the Blair Witch movie, anon?
>>
>>64906663
Of course I wouldn't, my time is worth a lot more than that.

$.48 cents/hr, I am not chinese.
>>
$150 for 3 days? What kind of sweat shop are you running to think this is viable? And yes I would camp there at no cost
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOceDBYL82k
>>
>>64906695

Obviously not, the Chinese have schools where they learn math.
>>
$20 an hour or I burn the woods down and say you paid me to do it and instigated the entire thing
>>
>>64906663
$150 is a small fraction of what I could have made in 3 days, so why would I want to do that? Opportunity cost, coupled with not getting killed by a witch makes me say no. A thousand or two and totally.
>>
>>64906663
No. I grew up there. Maryland sucks.
>>
>>64906736
You would say no and shit yourself at the thought like the rest of us if you've ever seen the film and are not memeing.
>>
>>64906775
ror
>>
>>64906663
$2.08 per hour is well below minimum wage, OP

And that's assuming 72 hours, but "3 nights" would be more like 4 days, so probably closer to 84 hours = $1.79 per hour

You'd literally make more money picking up change on the street
>>
>anyone saying yes

you can barely handle social anxiety, enjoy literal nervous breakdown material even though nothing would happen
>>
if you pay me a fair wage plus the cost of food as you said
I am in
>>
>>64906857
Yeah you see unlike people with autism, I can actually differentiate movies from real life

The only reason I'd be scared of camping in the woods where Blair Witch was filmed would be if there were bears or other deadly animals
>>
>>64906663
I make more sitting on my ass playing videogames in a comfy chair in my comfy room
>>
>>64906663
Give me a PS4 and it's a done deal, I don't care about the damn witch, if that is a female witch i would fuck her all night.
>>
>>64906663
Sure. I've camped in many forests, what makes this one so special?
>>
>pretending ur not scared by blair witch

one of the most piping hot memes going

it's completely improv, they were just given hints, eg: josh screaming was on a massive speaker they had no idea about

take the $150, admit you shat your pants, and shut the FUCK up. And go home and watch muh paranormal memetivity.
>>
>>64906857
I'd love to camp out there, some of the best national parks in that part of the US. Unfortunately Australia doesn't come close to some of the landscapes in the Americas so its a goal of mine to explore these areas
>>
>>64906915
>So, you're saying you're a witch hunting for bones right?
>Well I huge bone that needs examining
>>
>>64906904
literally what are woods, the post.
>>
>>64906695
>>64906736
>>64906810
>>64906812
>>64906872
>>64906903
>>64906906

>needing to get paid to go camping
>not doing it for free because it's fun

Fucking plebs.
>>
>>64906906
Go to bed clint
>>
>>64906982
I said in my post I would camp there at no cost.
>>
>>64906915
>im not scared of the blair witch, id rape her

someone get this hothead out of here
>>
>>64906957
I've never seen Blair Witch. It was a meme movie in a meme genre before memes were a meme.
>>
>>64906984
No, it's 2 pm here, and it's relatively sunny outside
>>
>>64906755
>I'm the only one to quote this
>I'm the one who posted it
>3rd post in a thread of 100 replies

man you guys have balls of steel
>>
>>64907029
>>64907029
Go practice Zelda then
>>
>>64906663
Depends... how much did the serial killer pay you?
>>
>>64906944
It's haunted by a spooky witch
>>
>>64906755
A very effective scene. Terrifying as fuck.
>>
why cant this be like old /tv/ where it wasn't all memes and it was almost like /x/ where people just you know what im scared

everyone just pretends now like muh chance there might be a hot chick If I pretend
>>
>>64907076
try headphones if u haven't already

>those sounds of children being smothered
>those fingers running down the tent

its out of control scary
>>
>>64906982
>3 nights
>at least 4 days where you won't be able to work

Some of us have jobs anon

I don't mind camping over a weekend starting friday night, but 3 nights is too long
>>
>>64907136
>some of us have jobs

oh fuck off already, wagecook
>>
>>64907054
But diablo 3 got a new season coming in 2 hours and 19 minutes, I wanna play
>>
>>64907024
well memed. me lady

now watch it or forever be a cuckold
>>
>>64907168
I own my own business actually but at least you tried
>>
>>64907136
>2 days of freedom a week

How pathetic
>>
>>64907191
The season is starting already? Damn, I missed the last one
>>
>>64906663

Do I get to bring friends?
>>
>>64907201
tick tock, go brush your teeth and get ready
>>
>>64907223
11 hours and 15 minutes for US, 2 hours and 15 minutes in EU

Timer here and changes in the patch here http://www.diablofans.com/ Don't play monk if you wanna push grifts
>>
>>64907257
>implying they want to be a part of it

... sure anon, you can bring friends (have you seen the fucking movie cunt)
>>
>>64907295
Thanks
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 370x397) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 370x397
>>64907257
Uhh.. you don't get to bring friends
>>
>be the most naïve 13 year old u can imagine
>movie comes out
>believe its actual found footage
>be ausfag, its hot as fuck here I have my door open a kangaroo legit just ran past my door
>im dying inside mentally
>anyway
>see the film with a friend
>the end part where they find the house starts up
>some retard behind me drops and icecube slowly down the back of my jumper and grabs me as if im being electrocuted
>literally experience what a heart attack feels like
>friend no bull shit has to call an ambulance because I pass out
>by the time I get there they basically say its all ok and to get on with life basically

yeah great film

I probably wont be believed but that actually happened, it was just the timing. Like imagine the worse jump scare ever and someone grabbing u at the same time, when ur a little kid.
>>
Can I bring my gun?

I don't think I can legally bring one
>>
>>64906663
$150 for 3 nights? that's 50 dollars a day, and $2 an hour, lame
>>
After around 13 hours of walking directly south all day (because they lose their map), they run across a log they walked past on the first day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke10xscMnuE
>>
>>64907451
Sounds awful
>>
>>64907594
this part creeped me out more than any other part
its like the witch was messing with their sense of reality to be able to do that
>>
>>64907328
You got somebody to play with or do you want to play alone? Add me if you wanna play with some friends of mine and me and you're EU Svettmormor#2117
>>
>>64907720

Everyone basically goes insane at this point if you watch the movie again. Everyone becomes really vague, Josh is only there for a short amount of time before going missing making Heather and Mike even more 'vague' and weird. Like they start talking to each other about pumpkin pie and shit but when alone are flipping out. Very shortly after they find the house and die and they know it's coming. I love this movie.
>>
>>64906663
I'll do it for $200 and 51% of your sandwich, plus royalties.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlIhv-nJ3k
>>
Yeah I'll do it.
It's not like the witch is going to attack me anyways.
>>
>>64906663
That's not worth me taking off the time from work to do.
>>
>>64908081
You could just crown it in that case
>>
>>64907720
>its like the witch was messing with their sense of reality to be able to do that

Or, you know, they walked in circles like people almost always end up doing when lost in the woods and panicking.
>>
>>64906663
My friend lives near there and camped out
I guess the house was filmed somewhere different
>>
>>64908194
they headed north when they first got there, cross a log, get lost, mike admits to kicking the map, they proceed to head south for an entire day, get to the same log. Spin it how you want, that's how it happens.
>>
>>64906893
>social anxiety
>being a problem when you're on your own camping

Nigga that's WHY I go camping. To get away from the stressful interactions with people.
>>
>>64906663

No, that sounds awful even if you gave me more money, and not because of the connection to the film.

Good horror flick tho
>>
>>64908273
headed north*

don't nitpick anyway
>>
>>64908194
>Pinpoint a tree far infront of you
>Walk to it
>Repeat steps and and two everytime you reach the tree
>Success, you're now walking in one direction if you're lost
>>
>>64908281
I prefer cruising on my mates boat

really just get out on the boat for a day and its like getting away from everything, even if you're only half an hour from home

as my mind continues to suffer though I just imagine all the white sharks we have down here in ausfailia and how small and poorly maintained his boat is.

I also have to worry about funnel web situations like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWlr3kYyFs

such is life in ausfailia
>>
No, only because I hate camping and $150 isn't that much money for three days of my time.
>>
File: indeks.jpg (4 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
4 KB, 263x191
>>64906663
>$150 for 3 days

That's half of my month salary
t. third worlder
>>
>>64908355
I don't think you get it

movie makes the point that they were walking AWAY from the tree and head that same way for a whole day but end up in the same place, seemingly walking in circles

that's what makes it creepy

they weren't upset because realizing they had walked backwards all day, they knew where they were going, they were upset because they ended up in the same place. Everyone pretty much loses their mind/dies after this point.
>>
>>64908355
>implying panicking motherfuckers are capable of sustaining this without breaking into a run or wildly looking around or some other stupid thing that gets them confused again

The most dangerous thing is to panic. Once you start you have a hard time stopping as well.

Especially if you're followed by a wendigo.
>>
>>64908396
Oh yeah, boats>woods.

At least great whites don't actively eat humans or anything since we're so bony. Wolves and bears will go out of their way to eat you if you fuck up.
>>
>>64908550
I water ski and it just sucks when you come off and it takes forever for the boat to come back around while u tread water and just wait for your legs to get touched

>come off skis
>squint into the distance 50 metres away
>see friend who is in control of the boat take a phone call and just stand there

i wish his wife would just fucking not call him constantly
>>
No. Hell fucking no. I hate camping.

Yes, if:
-It was $1500
-Someone camped with me
-I had access to water for bathing and the supplies I require
-It's just camping, not some gimmick where some faggot shows up at 3am, jumps on my tent and runs away making spooky noises
>>
>>64908294
i thought i could handle it but i live alone and last night read some creepy shit while in bed

heard the tap start dripping randomly in the kitchen and started freaking out

so hell no
>>
>>64908833
>It's just camping, not some gimmick where some faggot shows up at 3am, jumps on my tent and runs away making spooky noises

i'll do this for 150$ if it's just for one night
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLKymV5rwAU
>>
>>64906663

but it's not real...?

If I can bring my gun I will.
>>
the way they made this movie was pretty genius

>cast is only 3 people (unless you count the interviews at the start)
>basic script
>leave the stones outside the tent etc, let them improve
>harassed during the night inside their tent
>underfed for days on end
>take Josh away and leave the slime and shit outside the tent
>have a massive speaker play sounds of him screaming in the middle of the night

Talk about bringing out the best performances of people. They must have been scared shitless, i would be.
>>
>>64909219
let them improv*
>>
>>64906663
Hell no. I can't even go into the forest alone when it's still daytime. I'm okay with hiking with a small group, but no way am I staying in the forest for 3 nights. The only time I camped was lakeside and it was in a trailer. Something about being surrounded by trees makes me feel trapped.

If I were in a tent I'd drive myself crazy over hearing perfectly normal noises.
>>
>>64909182
>bring gun
>faggot OP shows up trying to scare you by making spooky sounds and shaking the tent
>gets a face full of bullets instead of screams of fear

I wonder if you'd get convicted of some crime if that happened.
>>
>>64909305
you're in americuck right? should be fine.
>>
>>64909219
The production crew would leave notes to the actors as to what they were to do that day, iirc.

Still, it's a great movie.
>>
>>64909250
watch blair witch mate if you haven't already lol just to secure that position even more
>>
>>64906663
as long as theres no bears yeah i would and what kind of food would you supply. like MREs or junk food
>>
>>64909250

This is what our fucking species has come to. I'm sad for the whole human race that people like you exist.
>>
>>64906663
Nigga i make $150 a day already and live in a 3rd world country. Are americunts really this poor or is it JUST this board?
>>
>>64908695

is it true sydney harbour is full of white sharks? When I visited there, there was no skiing/swimming in the harbour.
>>
Why are you guys so scared of bears? Moose kill more people than bears every year. It's because you watched The Revenant, isn't it?
>>
>>64909305
>In the woods
>Dead guy
>Crime

Would happen like this but quicker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeknTzuHxnw
>>
>>64909369
>implying the fear of the woods isn't what propelled our species to build and create a society

Fear is why we're here today, capable of locking all the predators out with a simple door latch.
>>
>>64909480
I don't give a shit what animal kills me, I just don't want to be eaten alive.

A moose ain't gonna eat me alive.
>>
>>64909480
I heard the same from a canuck friend. Moose sound scary man
>>
>>64909480
Only scared of Grizzlies because of how vicious they could be

Mooses kill idiots who try and touch them most of the time, they won't actively hunt you like a hungry grizzly would
>>
>>64909415
Sydney harbor would have to be probably the most dangerous place in terms of great whites in Australia afaik. I live in Tasmania and even down here you need to be careful but fucked if I'd ever swim out there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEogUO7q1M

>greetings from australia
>>
>>64909597
Bull fucking shit try WA you fob cunt, you need to leave
>>
>>64909669
>if i attack him like my dad did to me, it makes what i say fact!
>>
>>64909699
>people dont ski on sydney harbor because of whites, i-ts not cuz the council regulates the fuck out of it to keep it the most tourist friendly picturesque place in the country.

Neck yourself
>>
>>64909499

If you want to live like a goddamn shrew, all tucked away in your hole where no predators can get you, be my guest. I don't want to live like that, though. There is literally nothing out there in the woods that is more dangerous than me.
>>
>>64909754
please actually stop posting before someone dies you turnip
>>
>>64909540

You are literally in more danger from a bull moose in rutting season than from any other animal in nature, at least in the part of the world where moose live.

>>64909538
>>64909547

Bears eat fish and shit, mostly. They don't hunt like big cats do, especially not big prey like a human. If a bear kills you it is going to kill you because you surprised it and it is defending itself or its cubs.

>>64909547

The plural of moose is moose, not mooses.
>>
>>64909920
>The plural of moose is moose, not mooses.

no, it's meese
>>
It might be fun desu

>ywn go explore some ruins in the woods and find something spooky
>>
File: 1452756900689.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1452756900689.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
Sure.

The entire movie proves there is no witch. Only a killer. So I would pitch my tent as close to the road as possible, and load up my 9 millimeter and wait for the fag to come to me and shoot that fucker. Ill be heralded as a hero for killing a psychopath.

Ezpz
>>
>>64909947

Moose juice, not goose juice, is juice for a moose.
Goose juice, not moose juice, is juice for a goose.
>>
>>64909920
>Bears don't hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolJbFKJcQ0
>>
File: 1424714910041.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1424714910041.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>>64909766
>There is literally nothing out there in the woods that is more dangerous than me.
Kill yourself
>>
>>64910176

>like big cats do

That bear was still not hunting, it just killed a baby moose that wandered into its path. It even had cubs with it and was scared away by the sound of gunshots, did you even watch your own video? Also, the fact that this made the news at all goes to show that it is a rare event.
>>
>>64909666
That fucking matrix reloaded soundtrack. This was comedy gold, thanks for the laugh. By the way, I'm glad those fuckers aren't in qld
>>
>>64906663
No because if you dishing out money to randomly get my ass innawood I am immediately suspect of some prank bullshit going on.

Also, does anyone else like watching this film and trying to find ways the culprit is someone intentionally fucking with them? The witch narrative is a bit sloppy and unconvincing tbqh.
>>
>>64910308

Fuck you, cunt. A human with a gun is literally the most deadly animal on the planet. Just because you're a fat lazy fuck who isn't good for anything outside of shitposting on the internet doesn't mean everyone is.
>>
>>64910384
>qld

My sister lives there, she had shitloads of huntsmans at her old place. I'd prefer funnel webs desu. They're dopey as fuck, huntsmans are way too fast.
>>
>>64906663
Sure. I love camping and there's no such thing as witches.
>>
>>64906695

> did the division backwards

Holy kek, this is one of my favourite /tv/ posts
>>
>>64907130
I can't hear shit 2bh
>>
>>64910453
Yes I've seen billions of huntsmen in my lifetime but at least they can't kill you and are passive as fuck.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.