[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRAVO BAY >people doubted based bay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 43
File: smashhit.png (201 KB, 749x345) Image search: [Google]
smashhit.png
201 KB, 749x345
BRAVO BAY

>people doubted based bay
>>
>>64865095
It won't be as based as The Rock, but I'm pretty hyped for this this now.
>>
File: Michael_bay_Fur_Coat.jpg (62 KB, 620x572) Image search: [Google]
Michael_bay_Fur_Coat.jpg
62 KB, 620x572
>Sure, Bay indulges some signature cinematic fetishes. But he shows restraint with the slowed-down, sexed-up shots. War is gritty here, not glamorous.

>After a string of iffy Transformers movies, Bay reminds that he can do a much better action movie with humans than alien robots: 13 Hours is his best work in the genre since his 1990s hits Bad Boys and The Rock.

>It marries visceral Hollywood-style filmmaking (a Bay trademark) with sober subject matter in a manner that doesn't trivialize the seriousness of the story it's telling.

>Solid combat action film that lacks the nerve to be the historical distortion the Hillary haters wanted.
>>
File: hacks.png (108 KB, 725x650) Image search: [Google]
hacks.png
108 KB, 725x650
BOOO
>>
>Baycucks think 60%, 5.8/10 is worth celebrating
>>
>>64866116
When Reddit-critics who base their entire existence around shitting on Bay even admit that there is quality there then you know it's going to be a masterpiece by non-cuck standards.

They see an 8/10 movie and then dock it 5 points because of Bay's name and the elements that challenge their SJW sensibilities.
>>
>>64866116

>Getting mad that Bay is back
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 626x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 626x1150
>>64865095
>Micheal Bay is literally pushing in Shillary "What difference does it make" Clinton shit in
>>
>>64866467

Non american here, how does this fuck with Hilary?
>>
I thought the film was called Benghazi and was 13 hours long. Am I retarded?
>>
Based Bay just saved us from 4 years of Hillary with this expose
>>
>>64865508

>When Bay does it it's shit

>When Miller does it it's a masterpiece
>>
>>64866816
hillary got a bunch of people killed in benghazi because of her moronic decisions and when they question the repugnant woman she just laughs it off, this movie is about that
>>
File: White Man's Burden.png (49 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
White Man's Burden.png
49 KB, 300x207
I'll wait for the only review that matters
>>
>>64867193

>comparing some jingoistic trash to Fury Road

Unfuck yourself
>>
>>64865286
BAYSED
>>
>>64867048
A little yeah
>>
>>64867246
back to reddit
>>
Bay said that this was supposed to be a straight action movie, no political ties at all, but it's good to see Hilary get her shit kicked in.
>>
>>64865095
BAY DOES IT AGAIN
2016 IS THE YEAR OF BAY
BAYGHAZI FOR BEST PICTURE
HILARY ON SUICIDE SQUAD
>>
File: CYL1AZMUAAAyaby.jpg (40 KB, 318x450) Image search: [Google]
CYL1AZMUAAAyaby.jpg
40 KB, 318x450
>>64865095
>all those pro-Hillary reviewers getting assblasted
>>
File: banking.png (484 KB, 1020x574) Image search: [Google]
banking.png
484 KB, 1020x574
>Movie about brave white Americans holding out against waves of uncivilized brown muzzies

How the hell did this get green-lit?
>>
>>64867435
Bay said he'd be the producer and provide most of the capital

Studio said, "Alright"
>>
>>64867435
CANT DELAY THE BAY
>>
It doesn't open in my country until the 17th of February, reeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
>>
>>64867246
>comparing jingoistis trash to other jingoistic trash

Fixed that for you :^)
>>
>>64867246
>comparing true operator movie to Pussy Road

kek
>>
>>64867435
> biggest "jews" in america are not the arms industry working with the politicians
damn americans are stupid
>>
File: happening.png (111 KB, 564x171) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
111 KB, 564x171
ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>64868061
BAYSED AF
>>
Whats the runtime on this?
Only problem I have with Bay is since 2000 all his films drag out the ending. 2 hours is best
>>
File: 1452485410657.jpg (223 KB, 1044x1468) Image search: [Google]
1452485410657.jpg
223 KB, 1044x1468
YES
>>
>>64867415
this
>>
EUROPOORS BTFO
>>
>>64868149

144 minutes
>>
Every negative review this film is getting is, almost always, from the point of view of some bootyblasted liberal faggot who lacks the ability to critique it as a film.
>tfw there isn't an option to turn non-objective reviews off on reddittomatoes.
>>
>>64868499
RT is worse than IMDB in every way.
>>
>>64868499
upvote it then
>>
>>64865095
Honestly think that it's in poor taste because it's too soon. Will this movie BTFO Hillary?
>>
>>64868499
>from the point of view of some bootyblasted liberal faggot who lacks the ability to critique it as a film

Have you seen it? Because you speak like a Michael Bay shill
>>
>>64867210
Typical politician. Most of them are sociopaths. Obama made jokes about drone strikes in the middle east, and Bush made jokes about not finding WMDs.
Bernie doesn't seem like a sociopath, just a confused old man who doesn't understand half the shit he talks about.
>>
genuinely hyped
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 759x378) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60 KB, 759x378
>>64868499
check the Guardian review m8
fucking keks
>yfw the most lefty newspaper comes out pro-intervention just to defend hillary

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/13-hours-secret-soldiers-benghazi-review-michael-bay-libya-benghazi-attack-2012
>>
>>64868628
I haven't liked Michael Bay since The Rock, senpai. But it's blatantly obvious that the subject matter of this movie is going to sway reviews because libtard america can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to write a review without bringing muh politics into it.
>>
File: 1 star.png (62 KB, 788x318) Image search: [Google]
1 star.png
62 KB, 788x318
>>64868712
absolutely booty blasted
>>
>>64865095
Based bay

Make cinema great again
>>
>>64868712

>Don’t tell me this movie isn’t political. Michael Bay’s Benghazi bonanza is timed for release just before the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary. It’ll hit DVD in time for the general election. There are approximately 400,000 instances in this not-very-subtle screenplay where Fox News viewers are cued to hiss at a phantom Hillary Rodham Clinton, the right wing’s scapegoat for the missteps that kept the Benghazi outpost fighting so long without backup. As these brave men take fire, their inquiries about air support become a clear indictment against a perceived US policy of pussification.

>While the boondoggle portrayed in 13 Hours may be based on fact, this is movie is fuelled by paranoia and hate. Paranoia about a culture too foreign to grasp except as a bunch of mindless monsters, and hate against a government that won’t let us destroy them.

>Abhorrent politics aside, it’s also a terrible movie. The dialogue is atrocious, the performances rote. One could make the case that its incoherence is a grand meta-narrative statement about the fluidity of combat, but I don’t think that’s the case. It’s impossible to tell who anybody is. Instead, we’re told what to feel by the music and booms.

>Actual critique of the movie is half a paragraph
>>
File: 1436378374214.gif (23 KB, 310x760) Image search: [Google]
1436378374214.gif
23 KB, 310x760
>>64868712
>>64868770
>shrewdly timed
Ahahahaha liberal damage control in full effect
>>
>>64867193
The difference is Miller's action has weight to it since it's mainly stunts and practical effects and he directs and edits his action in a way that makes it very easy to follow what's going on. Bay's action is a CGI clusterfuck that's so rapidly cut it's hard to follow what's going on.
>>
I'd like to see Star Wars do some serious gains this weekend.
But it would be maximum keks if this just gets outstanding praise.

It's totally in that time frame of being released in winter like a few titles that Clint did that blew the fuck up.
>>
>>64868928

hello reddit!
>>
>>64868887
>Paranoia about a culture too foreign to grasp except as a bunch of mindless monsters, and hate against a government that won’t let us destroy them.

>people are firing rpgs at you and your buddies are dying all around
>w-we need empathize with them, s-stop calling in air support
>>
>>64868887
Christ, they'd be better off ignoring it tbqh
>>
>>64868987
How's it going, reddit?
>>
>>64868928
Bay does a lot of stunts and practical effets, and you can follow his action scenes easily, they are just gigantic. You would know that if you weren't a redditor
>>
>>64868928
You're not wrong...

https://youtu.be/2THVvshvq0Q
>>
File: drake respectfully declines.jpg (15 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
drake respectfully declines.jpg
15 KB, 690x460
>>64868887
>scapegoat

just like Jews in Germany, right?
>>
File: 1438531361959.jpg (43 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1438531361959.jpg
43 KB, 720x600
>other movies get shit on from starting at the top and going down a couple points
>LE FEMINIST FURY xD
>LE JEWJEW ABEKEK XD

>yet another bay turd starts at the bottom and barely crawls up at all
>BASED MICHEAL
>THIS BTFO LIBERALS SOMEHOW, SO ITS A MASTERPIECE I THINK? XD

Your standards match your masters ability to make good action films. Could his cock jammed down your faggots throats any farther? How are you shit eaters even breathing? :^)
>>
>>64869692

>Posts some shitty Zach Braff emo hipster comedy

Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>64869692
I like that still.
>>
>six strong and brave white men disobey orders to save the poor, unfrotunate darks who need their help and/or save the world from them
60% is generous for a movie we've all seen a million times before
>>
>>64870095
But this is about something we've heard about nonstop for a few years now. With over-boiling controversy.

Now we have a visual experience to go with all stories with what happened.
This could be the first breakout film of 2016.
>>
File: ohno.png (8 KB, 155x156) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
8 KB, 155x156
Im sorry Micheal
>>
>>64870181
>55%
I want it to be, but it's gonna get buttfucked in the reviews by people who can't separate politics from film.

It killed American Sniper, it'll kill this.
>>
>>64869692
Most movies are progressive puff pieces, this is refreshing. Go adopt a grown-ass refugee and suck his dick every day m8.
>>
>Michael Bay
>"Benghazi was a mistake"

So this is basically "Too soon" the movie for reviewers?
>>
Rottentomatoes is proof that film reviewers have lost all relevance. they are so goddamn political.

If it doesn't cater to their progressive beliefs then it's SHIT.
>>
>>64870244
Oh, but American Sniper beyond the "liberal" people finding problems with it, is a huge success history. Best picture nomination, half a billion on box office and can be defended on the grounds of auteurism with Eastwood.
>>
>>64870244
But American Sniper did damn decent.
I think you fail to see what's happening here and using the same point as your reference.
>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=americansniper.htm
>domestic - $350mil
>total - $547mil
>budget - $58.8mil
>>
>look at all the negative critics
>they use ad hominem attacks on his former movies
>HURR ALL HE MAKES IS EXPLOSIONS
Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1452538689349.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1452538689349.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>64868887
Hahaha holy shit that damage Control

it's literally the
>DELETE THIS
of reviews
>>
>>64870454
Because even reviewers think meme opinions are facts.
>>
I've heard rumors that Michael Bay is a massive cokehead and literally insane
>>
>>64867435
$$$$$$$$$

They saw how much American Sniper made and thought about how many shekels they could get out of the goyim in flyover states.
>>
>>64870535
welcome to the entertainment industry, sweetheart
rumors like that are just as likely to be true as not
>>
>>64870535
Yeah, but who are we to judge on what someone likes to do in the privacy of their own home.

HAVE YA FUCKIN SAW ROCKSTEADY AND BEBOP?
GIVE THAT NIGGA A KILO AND WE MIGHT GET TURTLES THAT ACTUALLY LOOK PRESENTABLE
>>
ARMOND WHITE REVIEW WHEN?

HE'S THE ONLY ONE WITH INTEGRITY
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 730x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 730x409
>>64870535
I'd believe it, too.
>>
>>64866816
Republicans have been trying to blame Hillary Clinton for Benghazi since it happened.

The "murder" of Vincent Foster didn't stick, Whitewater was nothing, so apparently they think there's something going on here, even though they've been over it a million times and they're nothing.

At this point they're basically spitting on the graves of the dead.
>>
>>64870806
>she dindu nuffin, she a gud girl
>>
Finally. Been saying it for a while that this will kill Hillary's chances at an election.

I worked on it, there's a LOT of gung-ho Americanisms but honestly it's quite a solid movie.
>>
>>64865508
fucking libs
>>
>>64870880
How was it working with based Bay? What did you do on set?
>>
>>64870879
Regarding Benghazi she really didn't. That's why everyone is angry
>>
>>64869692
enjoying that long hard hillary clit senpai?
>>
>>64870994
Honestly, it was amazing. The guy is truly based. Sure, he's rude, bossy, loud, panic-driven and very nervous (constantly chewing on his shirt) but the guy knows exactly where, what and how everything should be for his movie. He gets on set, starts giving precise orders on every minute detail, like he's fucking psychic. I swear his storytelling might not be much to look at but on the technical side of things I genuinely believe he's got it down to an artform. The guy's filmed every scene in his head the moment he gets the idea in his head.

I never thought I'd feel this way, I was a simple fan before, but now I'm convinced. Also I was an actor, but for many reasons I won't say where.
>>
>>64871147
It's an objective fact that only clueless plebs think of him as a hack. He's absolutely one of the most talented directors alive when it comes to filming shit
>>
>>64871232
Honestly I thought he was good, as I said, but when you work on these things you see how difficult it is to make a finished product. When you get on set to something as big as this, it blows your mind. This ain't even the biggest he's ever done, this was a far more financial reserved project than what bay's used to.

Contrary to Transformers where even in interviews he mostly sounded like he was making something for the sake of it, in this one he gave me the impression his heart was in it. The guy is passionate.
>>
>>64871147
>>64871232
What an absolutely BASED guy

>Can't play the Bay
>>
>>64871147
Finally someone who can recognize this. Thanks for your story.
>>
>>64871147
>when Mel Gibson is caught on 4chan
>>
>>64867236
>What's the general consensus? Right, we'll go the other way.
>>
IN A WORLD
>>
>>64865508
>Inkoo Kang
>gives it praise, but give it a shit rating

What's up with that?
>>
>>64871350
No problem. Honestly I get a bit miffed when people diss the guy because they've never been on set and thus have no sense of gravity of how hard it is to make something, especially when you have a huge chain of command with hundreds of people that can't move without your say-so. Or you see assholes who take a week to decide where to move the fucking lights or what kind of dress the main actress should wear dissing the guy because muh patrician-tier storytelling is so much better.

Absolutely no sense of perspective.
>>
>>64871147
The man sounds like someone I'd love to work with. I really want to be a filmmaker some day, and he sounds like one of the best in a technical sense.
>>
>>64871374
Can't be, Bay's jewish. Gibson wouldn't talk so highly of the guy, lel
>>
>>64871475
RT is somewhat badly organized. Lots of confusion and reviews with one opinion being counted as if it was the other way. With older films, it's even worse. It seems the level of analytical reading of RT administrators to determine what someone is sayIng isn't very developed.
>>
>>64871523
If you want to learn, then yes I really recommend it but just be aware he is abrasive as fuck. If he wants to do a sunset scene, prepare your anus cause he'll be yelling shit for that entire time (The Witching Hour).

He'll mock his underlings, swear at them, call them incompetent in front of hundreds, pass jokes at their expense and all that shit. At one point he told his own cameraman to go fuck himself with a smile and shot the scene himself, because the cameraman's hands kept shaking. He didn't seem phased, I think they were good friends and he's used to it cause they all had a laugh.

Thick skin and an open mind.

Guy's loco, but it's a labour of love.
>>
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/13-hours-the-secret-soldiers-of-benghazi-2016
>>
>>64871755

Because this reviewer is backstopping this review with so much of his own political bias, no doubt the review is heavily biased too. Makes me want to go see this even more now when an obvious liberal says it's terrible. This film must absolutely destroy the administration's narrative, which no self respecting liberal reviewer can review honestly.
>>
>>64871722
He sounds like a fucking maniac, but I love the idea of working with a maniac. Someone who really wants their project to look good, who has a clear, well-defined vision and knows exactly what he wants it to look like.

That's the beauty of directing, for me: Gathering hundreds of people together to realize a single, unified vision, and allowing the world to glimpse just for a moment into the mind of someone else.
>>
>>64871939
Perfectly said, I wish you all the luck in the world mate, I really do. More people need to have that kind of passion and the balls and drive to see it through. Don't fucking give up on it!
>>
>>64871755
That site is shit since Ebert's death.
>>
>>64872023
Thanks man. I resolved to actually start making quality short films for practice this year instead of what little I have, and I honestly think I can make that happen.

I'm not giving up.
>>
>>64871722
So what brings you here to /tv/ of all places? Just curious.
>>
>>64872160
Cause I've been on 4chan pretty much daily for like 8 years. It's not an exclusive club for NEETs, bruh. Plus I get a certain excitement seeing people's views about things I'm in. Can range from the utterly stupid to the brilliant but it's all a morbid fascination. And 4chan's bluntness is something I've come to cherish even if I don't always agree with it.

>>64872105
Fantastic man, really. All the scriptwriting in the world won't mean anything until you get your ass out there and confront the logistics of making a film head-on. And it's also a huge shame cause people think you need to have thousands of currency to make one. Take it from me, some ingenuity and fiddling with the script can produce you something meaningful and quality on a budget. Of course that means more effort, research and post-production has to come from you and your crew but it'd doable.
>>
>>64872045
this. all the guest critics suck.
iirc this was rogers idea to bring in other critics but still, some of those reviews are god awful.
>>
>>64872350
Did John Krasinski seem like a nice dude?
>>
>>64867236
what's his name? (i'm not doing that meme hing, i genuinely wanna look him up and need his name)
>>
I can't tell who's memeing here and who's just retarded. Any film fan worth their salt knows Bay's a decent director. He admitted (in case it wasn't painfully obvious) that transformers was made to sell toys to 13yr olds

But Pain & Gain was legit awesome. Like a really good film.
But this film? Maybe Im biased because I cant see John Krasinski as anyone other than Jim from the Office but that's such terrible casting
He looks way too goofy and out of place to be serious Navy Seal. I can't even be assed to get into the politics involved.

People used to say Transformers was just Call of Duty: the film. This looks like he's finally gone and actually made a COD film and you guys are applauding it just cause it might damage Hillary's career?
>>
>>64872571
Armond "king of /tv/" White.
>>
File: damngood.jpg (95 KB, 762x718) Image search: [Google]
damngood.jpg
95 KB, 762x718
>>64870879
>>64868669
>>64867210
Republicans were the ones saying stepped up security there was an unnecessary expenditure, while the CIA was responsible for outsourcing security to a subpar service, then later tried to pin the blame on the State Department.

By the time concerns finally started getting patched through to the State Department (which again isn't responsible for embassy security - that's the CIA's job), the actual attack was less than a day away, which was nowhere near enough time to respond.

It was the CIA's fuckup and they eventually had to fess up to it. This is a matter of public record by the way.

That's why none of the charges stuck. All the accusations eventually led back to the people trying to point fingers in the first place.

But don't let facts get in the way of your blind stupidity.
>>
>>64866361
HE NEVER LEFT SON.

DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK.
>>
>>64868887

>Scapegoat
>Coming from the people who literally blamed Bush for everything for 12 years lol

I R O N Y
R
O
N
Y
>>
Pain & Gain was literally Bay's masterpiece.
Transformers films are nicely handled by him but are just a cashgrab. Concerning Bay, the auteur, this new film makes me very excited.
>>
>>64872546
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, always so busy but from everyone else I met and asked, he is very quiet and reserved but a really nice and kind dude. It's surprising cause you see him do things like The Office but it shows you how different actors can become when they get into character.
>>
>>64872720
Exactly how short did you think the repercussions would be from an administration that started two wars and after 7+ years was never able to wrap them up?

It's amazing how easily you mongs forget roughly 10,000 Americans died and trillions of dollars in tax payer money were lost under Bush, like that's just supposed to stop mattering after he leaves office.
>>
>>64872993
Yeah but Obama gun control Benghazi national deficit!
>>
>>64872993
there was trillions missing from shady accounting practices during the clinton years. and from the reagan/bush era, and the Carter era, and so on.

these wars have been brewing for decades and these islamic fuckheads have been acting like the 45lb mentally retarded puerto rican kid from the special ED class that has a sign that says BITER, around his neck, looking for a fight.
>>
File: 1256023435646.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1256023435646.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>64872993
>lelbrals have more time than Bush did to sort things out
>lelbrals destabilize the region even worse than Bush
>B-bush started it!!!
>>
File: 1402653712965.jpg (110 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1402653712965.jpg
110 KB, 497x640
>>64873252
>Bush invades Iraq with less than half the force necessary to successfully occupy and secure it

>Bush then disbands the entire Iraqi army, putting millions of men with military training out of work instead of using them to augment Coalition forces

>thousands more are kept imprisoned in camps where they get indoctrinated into what the US Army now admits was basically "a pressure cooker for radicalization"

>Obama, under overwhelming public pressure from both the US public and the new Iraqi government (set up by Bush), start pulling American troops out of that shithole

>said Iraqi government immediately starts freeing the prisoners and alienating Sunni Muslims, who eventually coalesce into Islamic State

>somehow this is Obama's fault and has nothing to do with Bush

3/10, made me reply
>>
File: libya.png (311 KB, 1026x1379) Image search: [Google]
libya.png
311 KB, 1026x1379
>>64872634
fbi is casing her emails now and indictment proceedings may occur within the next 60 days

remember, there were originally "no emails" with classified information, as she attested to while in court.

3000 alone were released on NYE.

https://foia.state.gov/Search/Results.aspx?collection=Clinton_Email_December_Release

Sidney Blumenthal's conspiratorial, arguably traitorous relationship with Hilary is at the core of this investigation.

On the day of the attack members of the embassy were tasked with reading emails sent by Blumenthal, not a gov't affiliated entity.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your blind stupidity :^)
>>
>>64872634
>believing CIA coverups
Christ how stupid can you be?
>>
File: 1256023435644.jpg (37 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1256023435644.jpg
37 KB, 500x322
>>64873550
>bush rekts iraq

>obama rekts iraq even more
>and syria
>and libya
>and egypt
>europe is now being flooded with barbarians
>b-bush!
>>
>>64874308
>failed CIA coverup was a successful CIA coverup

Christ how stupid can you be?
>>
>>64874314
seriously the cognitive dissonance is hilarious

you stupid leftist faggots, ask yourself why there is so much fighting, warfare, and resulting refugees?

It's 2016, don't you even know who's been selectively steamrolling the sandpit for the past 8 years?
>>
File: frodo.jpg (45 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
45 KB, 600x599
>>64865095
looks like a good movie
yfw liberal shills shit o this movie
>>
>>64867435
Jews care about money and Michael Bay is a cash cow
>>
>A cool 90-minute action flick padded out into a lumbering ooh-rah male weepie.

>There's no kill like overkill. If sheer film combat bloodshed were an antiwar commentary, "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" would win the Nobel Peace Prize.

>There are about zero times when it's clear why things are happening the way they're happening to these particular people.

These fucking crybabies

This is men stuff
>>
File: Rambo III.png (792 KB, 1301x673) Image search: [Google]
Rambo III.png
792 KB, 1301x673
>>64865095
Is this another one of those Murrican propaganda Flicks?
>>
>>64866217
very true
>>
>>64867246
because Max isn't dressed up as a wasteland special forces operator..
>>
>>64865508
Libs struggling to find something wrong with the movie but can't
>>
>>64865095
HOW IS THIS ALLOWED
>>
>>64865508
A bunch of un American communist faggots.
>>
>>64866816
She was asleep while this happened.
>>
>60%

Yeah Im thinking hes back
>>
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 1500x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 1500x1066
>>64877597
>because Max isn't dressed up as a wasteland special forces operator..
Ehh...
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 272x199
>138 replies
>66 posters
>tfw there's only one dude in this thread who keeps posting /sp/ tier meme reactions that fellate Bay like his cum is made of gold
>>
File: Michael-Bay.jpg (36 KB, 665x341) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Bay.jpg
36 KB, 665x341
>>64879165

>mfw its me
>>
>>64865508
>visceral, well-paced and often beautiful action thriller
>rotten

>>64878316
>this review is fresh
>>
>tfw your flicks are so shitty, people actually think 60% on RT is good
Baycucks go home
>>
>>64867435
modern-era war movies have been doing extremely well in the same timeframe (January/February), for example american sniper and lone survivor
>>
>>64879809
>he thinks a low RT score is going to stop Bay
HELLOOOOO REDDIT!
>>
File: Sweating Semite.png (16 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Semite.png
16 KB, 183x232
>>64867435
>Michael Bay was born in Los Angeles, California. He was raised by his adoptive parents Harriet, a bookstore owner/child psychiatrist, and Jim, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).[8] He was raised Jewish.[9]
>>
>>64879809
>hating one of the only red pilled hollywood directors
Hey reddit.
>>
this thread is full of Armond Whites
>>
File: 1447839958807.png (441 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1447839958807.png
441 KB, 4500x4334
>movie released 2 weeks before Iowa

Shillaryfags on suicide watch
>>
>>64877642
You do realize it's usually republican soldiers who are most vocal about these movies being shit right?
>>
>>64874479
>implying them taking the blame isn't misdirection so that she can continue campaigning
Just stop
>>
>>64878316
What the fuck was it about American Sniper that made liberals so bootyblasted about it?
>>
>>64880419
It was a book about shooting muslims, written by a texas cowboy
>>
300 million box office fuck yeah bay
>>
Are you anons just being ironic? I have a hard time believing you actually like Michael Bay
>>
>>64880736
No but we hate sHillary Clinton
>>
>>64880846
Just making sure
>>
>>64880419
As a liberal, I really don't know. It was a very even, nuanced portrayal of a guy who loved his country and his fellow soldiers, but got really fucked up by the war.
>>
>>64880736
>>64880846
>>64881024
No you fucking plebs. Bay is one of the best technical directors in hollywood.
>>
>>64880419
They called the suicide bombers and people that drilled the heads of infants "savages" and this enraged the marxists
>>
a glib facsimile
>>
>>64880049
libs don't care about the opinion of paid murderers
>>
Bay is CGI king, he doesn't let PS2-tier trash anywhere near his movies like Force Awakens or Fantastic Four.
>>
>>64881620
He really doesn't use CGI all the much. Maybe in the Transformers movies, but it's not like you can just make actual life size robots to film.
>>
>>64881763
Only the Transformers are really CGI, and its really good CGI that taxes the shit out of ILM and puts their rendering machines on suicide watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rlHsg8j7wU

Look at this, not even fucking CGI muzzle flash like the fucking Expendables 3.
>>
>>64865095
HILLARY KEKTON

B
T
F
O
>>
>>64881860
>Expendables

Ah man. People bitch about CGI in Transformers but it's nothing compared to that CG helicopter in Expendables 3 or the bad blood in the first two movies.
>>
File: 1438195912389.jpg (477 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1438195912389.jpg
477 KB, 1462x1462
>voting for a literal cuck

Do Hillaryfags even fucking unironically exist?
>>
>>64879930
He lives among them, well disguised.
>>
>>64865095
>>64865286

MICHEAL BASED
>>
File: unlucky 13.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
unlucky 13.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>
File: avalanche.jpg (62 KB, 800x328) Image search: [Google]
avalanche.jpg
62 KB, 800x328
>>64881620

>he doesn't let PS2-tier trash anywhere near his movies like Force Awakens

Force awakens made heavy use of practical effects and elaborate sets.

There has been a trend lately to bash directors for "bad CGI" when in reality the scenes they were critical of were real.

A recent example of this is when critics went after the "laughably bad CGI avalanche scene" in The Revenant. It was real but critics are so jaded now they assume everything is CG.

They dropped explosives from an airplane to create the avalanche and had to film it in one take.

In TFA one of the scenes people bitched about was the "AT-AT house" and that it looked like phantom menace era graphics, but it turned out to be a real set.
>>
>>64881763
>He really doesn't use CGI all the much

if you look at the "making of" scenes on the transformers it was pretty remarkable how much of it was real. Every explosion, every car being toss, the sand kicked up by scorponok, etc was all practical effects.

He did this for all his TF films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHdmWLQF9M
>>
Critics Consensus: 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is a comparatively mature and restrained effort from Michael Bay, albeit one that can't quite boast the impact its fact-based story deserves.

BAY IS BACK BABY
>>
>>64865508
>As bombastic, shoot'em-up spectacle, "13 hours" is visceral, well paced and often beautiful action-thriller
>gave it a rotten ranking
wat
>>
>>64872634
>there are Hillary supporters on /tv/ RIGHT NOW
I'd say go back to reddit but that's Bernie country.
>>
>>323949262
Armond likes Bay he wouldn't give a movie of his a negative review.
>>
>>64884290
>tfw a liberal
>tfw forced to choose between Donald 'I don't understand the nuances of international or domestic politics' Trump, Hillary 'almost a literal whore for special interest groups' Clinton and Bernie 'I don't understand economics or basic math' Sanders
Whoever wins will be a one-termed for sure. Whether that's because they got booted out or because they literally destroyed America, I just don't know.
>>
>>64884623
Im liberal leaning and I want Trump
The underaged shitposters won't remember, but George W Bush as president was fucking awesome banter if you lived outside America
>>
>>64865286
Is this shopped? He has nice pecs
>>
>>64865095
i didnt doubt.

i know the man can make good movies, he has that flare, he just needs to grow up and stop the shit humor.

>>64865286
>Solid combat action film that lacks the nerve to be the historical distortion the Hillary haters wanted.
Democrat detected.
>>
>>64866816
Hillary is currently under investigation for 2 reasons.
1. mismanagement of a situation and knowingly and needlessly putting Americans lives on the line, getting 4 including an ambassador killed, while trying to cover it up and blame a civilian video for a cordinated terror attack.
2. Having classified info on private/personal email servers, which is EXTREMELY illegal.

basically she's a dirty lying cunt and a crooked crony who breaks the law in order to achieve what she wants.

>>64867193
I dotn hate Bay, but come on now.
>>
>>64877167
to be fair....no one knew the afghans would go anti american jihad on us.
even James Bond did this.

>>64878316
What was wrong with american sniper? it was a character drama.
>>
Bay is action master, gonna watch now that it's finally a non transformers-flick.
>>
>>64879930
Lenard Nimoy was his cousin.
>>
>>64881351
Funny how liberals seem to care about everyone (they claim) except the victims of non white bad guys, because they have the INSANE notion that they need to keep a narrative of all non whites are good or else they cant accomplish anything.

It LITERALLY has to be some form of mental illness, like a political version of body disphoria or sado masochism.
>>
>>64883504
>A recent example of this is when critics went after the "laughably bad CGI avalanche scene" in The Revenant. It was real but critics are so jaded now they assume everything is CG.
They did that with Mad Max Fury Road as well, they think the car flipping in the spike pit was CGI. it wasnt, they really flipped a fucking car.

>In TFA one of the scenes people bitched about was the "AT-AT house" and that it looked like phantom menace era graphics, but it turned out to be a real set.
now to be fair...that did look like shit for a multitude of reasons
>>
>>64865095
is it better than Pain and Gain?
is it Bay's magnum opus?
>>
>>64865095
>another propaganda dudebro film
into the bin
>>
>>64885838
>that many spelling and grammar mistakes
>anyone will take you seriously
>>
>>64886651
i give a fuck.
>>
>>64886604
Go vote for Hillary u dumbass anti-white goon
>>
>>64886771
you serious dude? i thought that movie was pro hillary. i might be wrong but i doubt it
>>
>>64886771
Hillary is going to win, so why not be in the majority of the glorious ethical and fair master race?
>>
File: 4105651961068.jpg (45 KB, 376x378) Image search: [Google]
4105651961068.jpg
45 KB, 376x378
>>64865095
>60% rating
WOW WHAT A HIT!
>>
>>64886821
>most people are stupid, I guess I should be too
>>
I want to see it, but I know it will be just as poorly shot as everything else he makes.

It's like trying to masturbate to ugly women in porn. I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.
>>
File: 1451995777683.png (8 KB, 186x60) Image search: [Google]
1451995777683.png
8 KB, 186x60
>>64886651
youre a retard
>>
>>64886821
>Hillary, pawn of Wall Street, the big banks, and every other group willing to find her campaign
>ethical and fair

Fuck you.
>>
>>64884623
Yeah, nah. Obviously you have no formal advanced training in economics as Bernie is the only candidate who shows an understanding of the basic principles of New Keynesian economics and how it applies to the US. Unless you don't subscribe to N.K. economic beliefs, in which case you're either plain retarded or over 60 years old and scared of things you don't understand, such as fiat currency.
>>
>>64872748
>Pain & Gain was literally Bay's masterpiece.
He tried, and it was entertaining, but that's it. Bad Boys 2 was better than Pain and Gain.

>Bay, the auteur
gtfo faggot
>>
>>64866816
Our future president manically laughing for being responsible a country leader being sodomized to death,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmIRYvJQeHM

A man who kept the stability in all of North Africa and kept region at bay
>>
>>64888619

> fiat currency

Give me back my gold standard you fucks. Reserve needs to die and give control back to a actual federal state body with oversight. It's their dickish manipulations and rules that have fucked the world and anyone who doesn't want to trade based on USD, because the fucks control too much shit no one can compete and they just keep issuing more.

Just fucking die jews.
>>
File: 1444772394534.jpg (53 KB, 918x703) Image search: [Google]
1444772394534.jpg
53 KB, 918x703
>>64886821
>tfw you just want anyone, LITERALLY ANYONE but Hillary to win
>tfw the Democrats are just pushing her through and no one fucking cares
>tfw you can't even fucking turn on the TV without hearing about Trump
>tfw so far its either Shillary or Trump
>>
File: 1435784917530.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1435784917530.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>64889070
>>
>>64889178
this image is not a reply to everyone you don't like it's getting ridiculous now
>>
>>64888784
Bad boys 2 was utter trash
>>
>>64881860
So much tech talent and effort going towards such a shitty, soulless movie. What a waste.
>>
File: 1427025270802.jpg (17 KB, 172x185) Image search: [Google]
1427025270802.jpg
17 KB, 172x185
>>64889348
>Bad boys 2 was utter trash
>>
>>64886859
That's the rating when their initial studio-friendly reviews come out right after the embargo date, that rating will sink like a rock soon.
>>
>>64889348
go back to your arthouse movies faggot
>>
File: 1452245728937.png (503 KB, 793x672) Image search: [Google]
1452245728937.png
503 KB, 793x672
>>64886821
Yeah why vote for the lesser evil when u can vote for the most fucked up one of all? You don't want Hillary ever. Sheltered amerikid liberals seem to be the most dangerous voters. They don't give a fuck about real life applications or facts.

Voting age should be 25 desu
>>
I'm as right wing as they come, but I'm pretty tired of all these fabricated 'murica flicks
>>
>>64889833
It's a tru story m88
>>
File: 1452101504511.png (187 KB, 272x348) Image search: [Google]
1452101504511.png
187 KB, 272x348
>>64889853
Like how AS was a true story?
>>
File: Trainwreck - So Progressive.jpg (152 KB, 737x671) Image search: [Google]
Trainwreck - So Progressive.jpg
152 KB, 737x671
IT'S NO TRAINWRECK, THAT'S FOR SURE
>>
>>64889853
>true story
if it's based on the media and Whitehouse accounts, then it's 100% fantasy
>>
>>64872993
mate your little country and the life you know is not the center of the universe

arab countries have people who have agency too. "We made them this way and made them do it"
>>
>>64888619
>New Keynsianism
Disgusting. Neoclassical synthesis is way better. My issue with Sanders is his anti-TPP stance. Trade deals make the world economy run. And I'm not afraid of fiat money, because fiat money is based. You're arguing with an opponent who doesn't exist.
>>
>>64890955
it's amazing how 8 years and still bush is guilty as if middle easterners cant make decisions of their own.

They're simply reactionary dogs, robotic children calculating accordingly to "our" decision which is the only true one and with agency, the source that all else rolls from
>>
>>64891146
Neoclassical theory has literally not described real world economic events and results since the Bretton-Woods agreement, and was definitively shat on by the DotCom crash. But you're more than welcome to continue being incorrect.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.