[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First director to win back-to-back Oscars since Joseph L. Mankiewicz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: alejandro-gonz-lez-i-rritu.jpg (148 KB, 443x594) Image search: [Google]
alejandro-gonz-lez-i-rritu.jpg
148 KB, 443x594
First director to win back-to-back Oscars since Joseph L. Mankiewicz (1949/1950). Even Sir Ridley Scott can't stop him with the "I'm gonna die soon, pls gib trophy" campaign.
>>
>>64754732
what do you mean back to back?
>>
>>64754752

Wins an award one given year and then the following year (in our case, 2014 and 2015)
Turns out Iñarritu won't, though.
>>
>>64754830
why not?

The revenant IS the best film of the year, the biggest competition is Room, and only because it's a female driven sleeper
>>
>>64754732
Mexico taking all the jew gold to the land south of the boarder and there is nothing NOTHING you can do about it.
>>
>>64754732
You know what I hate about this guy?

Now everyone thinks "He's the most amazing director of all time" after watching 2 fucking movies of his and can't even name his previous works.

Nothing personal against him, but his following. Starting to feel like Nolanites, just not as annoying, yet.
>>
Literally all of his films except 21 Grams (which I remember being mediocre, although it was a long time ago) are in the "want to watch, but never got around to" pile.
>>
>>64754933
they all live ANYWHERE, except Mexico
>>
>>64755018
>21 Grams (which I remember being mediocre

It was indeed.
>>
>>64754960
>You know what I hate about this guy?
>Nothing personal

Contradiction
>>
>>64754960
I thought Bable was the shit. Saw it in the theater 10 years ago.
Still my favourite movie from him.
>>
>>64754960
amores perros,
21 grams
babel
biutiful
birdman
the revenant

some tv shows in Mexico, that's all i remember, and i think he's good, not the best, i also find him somewhat pretentious, but i also like his films
>>
He won't win again, I promise

My moneys on spotlight
>>
>>64755095
>spotlight

Look at him, look at him and laugh,

I mean, spotlight was a good movie... (pic related)
>>
>>64755095
Who directer that film? I have no fucking glue.
>>
>>64754960

Wanna know whats worse? he believes it.
>>
Dear god I hope some second rate action flick with meme cinematography doesn't win and let this mexican devil walk away with another oscar
>>
>>64754732
Amores perros is still his best but good on him, he's better than most of the hacks around hollywood right now
>>
He's pretty cool, but a bit pretentious. Revenant was decent, nothing more.
>>
>>64755741
I don't like cabrón but pretentious is meaningless non-criticism
>>
>>64755786
Did you fucking see birdman?

It's basically a rant on capeshit and how hollywood should make more "intelligent" films like Birdman
>>
File: wendy-gonzalez.jpg (285 KB, 1080x1624) Image search: [Google]
wendy-gonzalez.jpg
285 KB, 1080x1624
We need more Mexican actresses in Hollywood senpai
>>
>>64755828
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>64755845
People have been saying that for about 100 years, and it's ego-stroking and should be an article not a film
>>
Fucking beaners taking our jobs.
>>
>>64755892
>should be an article not a film
Says who? You? What kind of authority do you have to determine what subjects should be films or not? Sounds like you're the pretentious one desu
>>
The Revenant will win Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Cinematography
>>
>>64754892
The front runner for best picture is Spotlight, and most predictions are pointing to either Ridley Scott or George Miller

The Oscars just don't like to give the same teams the same awards in back to back years like that. Revenant will get all of the heavy hitting nominations but it won't walk away with anything other than the obligatory Oscar for Dicaprio and maybe another cinematography win for Luzbeski, but even that is unlikely considering it would be his third in a row
>>
>>64755954
No I just know most people are bored of it and don't care what an actor or director has to complain about
>>
>>64756040
t. Your ass
>>
>Boyhood will win the Oscar because it won the Globes and it was a masterpiece

t. Reddit
>>
>>64756064
You're wrong, as it was acclaimed and well-received. So what are you on about?
>>
>>64756098
That's cute considering that I'm the one who is relaying what all of the experts and publications think, whereas you are just a spiteful memer
>>
>>64755814
I don't think is actually criticism, is just a way to describe his work and personality. Like the douche from college that was a huge prick, but still was actually really good in what he did
>>
>>64756144
People were only paying attention to the visuals, why did birth of a nation get great reviews?
>>
>>64756040
we don't know each other, but i think a wager to be an adequate response to our differing opinions, so only you and i would know if the other was right, we lose face to nobody but ourselves, so i say revenant wins director, actor, screenplay and film.
>>
>>64756225
>People were only paying attention to the visuals
Did you even read the reviews? Come on mate...
>>
>>64755841
Sure, let them get JEWED
>>
>Implying Harvey will lose this year
Kek
>>
>>64756367
literally who?
>>
>>64756194
Don't do that man, don't talk about research and experts on something so abstract as art, it makes you seem like an idiot, what others here would refer to as a "pleb"
>>
>>64756406
Hello /v/eddit, enjoy your stay
>>
>>64756506
You are incredibly dense. Have you not realized that each winner gets predicted with like 95% accuracy every single year? It's not even a question of "expertise" as much as it is common sense.
>>
>>64756600
yeah, i remeber when 95% of people thought boyhood was going to win everything, so much for common sense
>>
>>64756506
>Oscars
>art

You have no business calling anyone else a pleb
>>
If you guys vote for trump heroes like Naruto won't be able to save American cinema
>>
>>64754960
Mexifag here, i grew up watching his Tv commercials he did for a Tv channel here, i remember thinking "thats fucking insane i like it" years later watching Amores Perros i relize is the same guy, feel good for him, he was actually talented and somewhat followed Ridleys steps by jumping from Tv commercials to making it big in movies.
>>
>>64756652
Even disregarding the fact that you're attempting to use an outlier as an example, I distinctly remember seeing that the majority of reputable predictions last year were leaning towards Birdman. Nice try though
>>
>>64756662
i never said the oscars were art, i'm talking about film, and the fact that experts and reviews mean nothing when it comes to art
>>
>>64756040
These are the critics "winners".
For them, Mad Max and Star Wars Force Awakens are the best films of the year too. That means nothing.
>>
>>64756748
you're the kind of person who loves the sound of his own voice, right?
>>
>>64756748
Except that boyhood won the golden globe last year
>>
>>64756913
Irrelevant, this is about the awards, not about which film out of the whole year got circlejerked the most

>>64756913
Sick rebuttal

>>64756942
We're talking strictly about Oscars here
>>
>>64754732
So now they are even stealing our awards.
He has to go back with all the other mexicans.
>>
>>64754960
The guy is a fucking colossal hack. Literally makes films about fucking nothing and tries to mimic the look of "Very Important Oscar Winning Cinema" and plebs eat it up.

>Did you know really long takes are Very Important Cinema

>Watch me put dozens of them in my movies now!

>But why?

>Because this is what Very Important Cinema looks like

21 Grams is one of the most cringe worthy films I've ever seen in a cinema. It's literally Days Of Our Lives tier.

If you want to spot a hardcore IMDB pleb trying to pretend like they know something about films, just look for Inarritu's name on their list. He's second only to Nolan for plebitor identification.
>>
>>64757032
>We're talking strictly about Oscars here
>You are not allowed to make valid points, that's not how i win arguments.
>>
>>64757048
lol it's this butthurt spamming cuck again.
>>
>>64757048
>He's second only to Nolan for plebitor identification.

You mean Kubrick
>>
File: 1437010531333.gif (148 KB, 425x417) Image search: [Google]
1437010531333.gif
148 KB, 425x417
>>64757048
My favorite pasta.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.