[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://jezebel.com/creed-director-r yan-coogler-says-women-a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: coogler.jpg (39 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
coogler.jpg
39 KB, 800x450
http://jezebel.com/creed-director-ryan-coogler-says-women-are-better-filmm-1751391821

>I really feel like, you know — this is off the record — I feel like women are better filmmakers than men. I mean, it’s true, bro. In film school, life, whatever, they’re equipped to do this job, in many ways, better than us. They’re infinitely more complex than we are. Stronger and sharper. So, you know, we’re going to get better movies [if we have more female filmmakers]. The industry would improve. That’s the best thing I could say about that. They’ve got to be given the opportunity.
>>
>>64752549

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64752549
He fucking said it was off the records. Fucking Jezebel, why to I continue to be surprised at their complete lack of journalistic integrity?
>>
>>64752599
>women
>capable of anything that requires honour
>>
>>64752549
>this is off the record
does jezebel understand what this means? its not just something people shout in cop proceduals
>>
>>64752599
>blog
>journalism
What?
>>
>>64752549
>woman are better
>thats why woman try copy male mannerism

ya its not like most successful women talk with a lower register than the one they are born with. what a cuck
>>
File: 1449293564212.jpg (49 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1449293564212.jpg
49 KB, 720x480
>>64752549
>this is off the record
>publishes it anyway

Well we know integrity isn't a woman's strong suit.
>>
>>64752549

How to be a cuck 101
>>
>>64752549
>women are naturally better
>they need a leg up to make it!

wew lad
>>
>>64752549
>They’re infinitely more complex than we are.

From an anthropology standpoint, I feel like that may be true if you are black. No racism here. African societies are very matriarchal. Even today, African-Americans are very protective of "they mamas"

However, in any other society on Earth, it's the men who not only do the ruling, but are usually creating the culture
>>
>>64752549
>They're infinitely more complex than we are. Stronger and sharper.
I fucking hate this meme. Fucks like this thinking they're supporting women and being progressive, when really all they're doing is putting women on a pedestal.

Women aren't magical, infinitely complex creatures that are so dainty and pretty, they're people, just like you and me. They're just as fucking stupid, they're just as fucking smart. They fuck up just as often, and they're often as clueless about the opposite sex as men are. Treating them as otherwise is just sexist.
>>
>>64752549
What are the odds he fucked the interviewer?
>>
>>64752909
Even if it is true, they are far less deep than men.
>>
He's really objectively not that talented. Creed looked good, but absolutely nothing like Fruitvale Station, and everything like Aronofsky's the Wrestler. Maybe because the cinematographer was the same, and he did all the work? The only other factor of Creed that was any good was Stallone's performance, which wasn't the directors fault either.
>>
>>64753817
He wrote the film
>>
>>64753907
that's just another rocky movie, it's not hard to write that shit
>>
>>64753318

this desu senpai desu semapi
>>
>>64753960
You obviously didn't watch the film then if you think it's just a procedural Rocky film
>>
>>64754303
It's a rehash of the first movie.

The plots are practically identical and purposefully so.
>>
>>64752549
>muh momma and my baby momma a queen n sheeit
how to spot the nigga raised by a single mother
>>
>>64752549
what happened to equality?
>it’s true, bro.
yeah its fake
>>
Women aren't better, but they are on par with men. There are plenty of great films from feme directors out there. But I'm not gonna lretend they are on some whole other level. They are complex, but so are men. Pretty dumb comment desu.
>>
>>64752762
>site named for scheming and shamelessly evil woman.
who would have thunk it
>>
>>64752549
smart man
nigga gonna be drownin' in cunny
>>
>>64752549
>this is off the record
>publishes anyway

Bravo, Jezebel. You just proved him wrong.
>>
>>64754556
How about you look at the link he posted you moron.
>>
He sounds exactly like my professor from school. He also was black
>>
File: chewylaugh.gif (2 MB, 268x340) Image search: [Google]
chewylaugh.gif
2 MB, 268x340
>this is off the record
>>
>>64752549
>I really feel like, you know — this is off the record

This is just like when that cunt Ted Danson "anonymously" made that big donation.
>>
So no one read that it was Variety that posted the off the record part?

All too busy to jump at the quote OP posted without looking at the article?

WUMMMMMMMEEEEEENNNN RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What are some good female directors? The only one off the top of my head is Sofia Coppola, but she only really has Lost in Translation (which a fair portion of people dont like anyhow)
>>
>>64754690
>implying
>>64754781
>supporting clickbait
stay cucked, anon
>>
Such as? I can only think of a handful of good movies directed by women and I wouldn't say any surpass the best male directed movies.
>>
>>64752549

so then why are almost all female directors fucking terrible?

>more complex

literally where does that even come from? in what way? is there even a single notable female philosopher or thinker?
>>
>>64752549
>They’ve got to be given the opportunity.
What the fuck does this even mean? What fucking opportunities are they missing?
>>
>>64754973
Kathryn Bigelow is the only one who immediately comes to mind.
>>
File: James-Cameron-Kathryn-Bigelow.jpg (405 KB, 1385x2048) Image search: [Google]
James-Cameron-Kathryn-Bigelow.jpg
405 KB, 1385x2048
>>64754973
Bigelow is decent, but that's because Jim taught her well.
>>
why can i count the number of significant movies directed by women on one hand then? is this guy retarded
>>
>>64754976

because sexist hollywood executives purposefully hire less talented men who create inferior movies in order to make smaller box office returns or some other retarded mental gymnastics
>>
This is what you get for lying off the record to a place known for click-bait shit.
>>
File: Riefenstahl.jpg (216 KB, 634x608) Image search: [Google]
Riefenstahl.jpg
216 KB, 634x608
>>64752549
Still waiting for a woman to come close to even 1% of this genius level.
>>
>>64755338
Variety is clickbait?
>>
>>64754876

Post of the thread. Based Curb.
>>
>>64754972
Well, no. OP posted Jezebel. That place is a shit show.
>>
>>64755921
And where did they get the quote from? Variety.
>>
>>64752549
>jezebel

Top kek
>>
File: Feminists on Equality.png (142 KB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
Feminists on Equality.png
142 KB, 720x360
>"Women are better directors than men."
>SOMEBODY GETS IT, PROMOTE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS, THE TRUTH IS REVEALED

>"Men are better directors than women."
>RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH MISOGYNY THIS IS LITERALLY THE SECOND HOLOCAUST ARRRRRRRRGH LYNCH HIM

Can someone please explain this to me?
If this quote had the sexes switched Liberals would literally lose their fucking minds.
>>
>>64755339
Leni Riefenstahl is in her own category. We owe in film to her what computing owes to Grace Hopper
>>
>>64754876
do you know who anonymous is?
>>
>women are more complex than men

could this be ANY less true?
beta and pussy-pedestalizing nu-males will be the end of us all
>>
Women make for good producers, they're good at organizing people and projects
>>
Absolutely based
>>
>>64756118

Because society has become desensitized to unfair and sexist, racist comments towards men and especially white men. Thanks feminism!
>>
>>64758082
Maybe because it endured the reverse towards literally everyone else for centuries?
>>
>>64752549

Niggers are the new cucks.

Can't wait for Chinaman to push their shit in and steal their women.
>>
>>64758106
fuck off nigger
>>
>>64758148
Proving my point, what's the white version of that word?
>>
>>64758143
Can't wait for the HOH CAN BRACK MAN COMPRETE threads blondes getting pounded by 2 cm dicks
>>
>>64752549
well he's black, so he's probably pretty dumb.
>>
>>64752549
>I feel like women are better filmmakers than men.

Well he can feel whatever he wants.

Where's the evidence that women are better filmmakers than men?
>>
>>64758430
>I feel like women are better filmmakers than men.
there is none

name ONE female director as good as Kubrick or Scorsese. ONE.
>>
>>64752669
>>64752599

That bitch probably dropped her panties on the spot and gave him what he was after when he said that bullshit. When he didn't call her back she put it up.
>>
>>64758181

How about instead of reliving the past and acting like a barbarian, you grow as a human being and collectively as a race strive for peace
>>
>>64752549
>I feel like women are better filmmakers than men
I seriously cannot think of any classic critically acclaimed movie that was directed by a woman.
>>
>>64758526
Forest Gump and Hurt Locker.
>>
>>64758454
Can't think of any and the music industry (which is much more diverse than the movies industry) men produce better songs than women.
>>
>>64758574
forrest gump was directed by robert zemeckis you retard
>>
>>64758616
if women were as capable of being great directors then they would have done so by now. the music industry has many women who have become legends but Hollywood has not, and at this point I dont think its cause of muh patriarchy
>>
>>64758574
Wasn't Forest Gump made by Robert Zemeckis?

Also Kathryn Bigelow is as much as hack as her ex-husband Avatarman.
>>
>>64758674
James Cameron isn't a hack just because Avatar had a subpar story

the Terminator films and Aliens were very good and left a huge mark on pop culture, I dont see how that can be denied.
>>
>>64757729
reddit
>>
Except the women that are directors now are shit
>>
>>64754876
BUM BUM BUM--BAAAAA, NA NAA/NA NEH NA NAH, --banuhna--NAAa, NA NAA/NA NE (WEW)
>>
>>64758181
like we're gonna tell you. if you're too stupid to figure it out, we're not just foing to give it to you like welfare
>>
>>64753318
literally this
>>
>>64752816
No, that's "how to keep working 101".
Of course he won't say "I feel like men are better film makers than women, they're equipped to do this job, in many ways, better than us"
Poor guy's gotta eat.
>>
>>64753318
Fucking A bro
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.