[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“The Martian” won two Globes, including the prize for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Ridley_Martian-COMP.jpg (213 KB, 575x387) Image search: [Google]
Ridley_Martian-COMP.jpg
213 KB, 575x387
>“The Martian” won two Globes, including the prize for best comedy musical, a category that was somewhat confounding, since the film is neither a comedy nor a musical.

>“You’ve got to stay hungry and keep bouncing the ball,” the 78-year-old filmmaker Ridley Scott, the film’s director, said in accepting the trophy.
>>
>>64751097
>You’ve got to stay hungry and keep bouncing the ball

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64751097
Ridley Scott has never made a bad film.
>>
>>64751280

Robin Hood was pretty bad.
>>
>>64751097
>>“The Martian” won two Globes, including the prize for best comedy musical, a category that was somewhat confounding, since the film is neither a comedy nor a musical.

what the fuck?

people still watch this shit after something like that? betas
>>
>Globe voters are also notoriously quirky; this year, for instance, they rather bizarrely classified “The Martian” as a comedy.

I'd have called it a farce.
>>
>>64751340
No it wasn't and it gave us the pre-Bane meme OUTLAWWWWWWW
>>
>>64751155
*parp*
>>
>martian got nominated to the comedy/musical category and won
what
>>
>Ridley Scott is known to starve his actors and to force them to bounce a ball for hours at a time
>>
>>64751389
fuck off pleb.the martian was great.
>>
The Martian totally was a comedy tho. There's a joke every two minutes. It's what ruins the movie.
>>
>>64751660
This. Also it's filled with shitty dad rock. I really don't have a problem with it being remembered as a comedy musical.
>>
>>64751280
Prometheus was fucking retarded
>>
>>64751828
It looked amazing though.
>>
>>64751848

So does lava, but you wouldn't eat it.
>>
>>64751097
Golden globe confirmed for Reddit awards
>>
>>64751097
>things start badly for the protagonist
>by the end everything is bretty good
isnt that the definition of a comedy?
>>
>>64751889
you don't eat a film.
>>
>>64751969

No, but you consume it (with your eyes).
The comparison is sound.
>>
I don't really get the comedy complaint, The Martian was much more of a comedy than a drama. Can't believe it won best picture, was an incredibly average film that I forgot about the moment it was over. Big Short was robbed.

>>64751280
At this point he's made so many bad films, I'm assuming he just got a lot of help with his good ones.
>>
>>64751848
It looked amazing? yes
It had potential? perhaps yes. sure.

Did it fuck up? Most definitely.

Retarded characters and plot, overall dull, no particularly good highlights. Many low points.

It's not that I had high expectations, it's that the movie was really sub mediocre
>>
>>64752106
You've accurately described every Ridley Scott film since 2006.
>>
>>64752106
Whenever I see comments like this for anything, it makes me wonder 'is this person really so retarded they don't know this is an adaption?'
>probably
>>
>78-year-old filmmaker Ridley Scott

Oh damn, I didn't realise he was that old.
>>
>>64751999
>how can movies be conceived as real if we don't eat films for real
>>
Please, if you haven't already dismissed award shows as meaningless bullshit, repeat the phrase Golden Globe Winning Best Picture The Martian over and over. Eventually you will feel a weight lifted off your shoulders as the opinions of an infinitesimal portion of the population who can't give two shits about actual film no longer hold sway over your emotions.
>>
>>64751999
yeah and it looked great. I don't see your point. asshole.
>>
>>64753746
The point is that visuals are only one aspect of a movie being good. You're on /tv/ so I'll refrain from insulting you for not knowing this.
>>
>>64752407
he's still making blockbuster films

He'll be fine
>>
>>64751097
>beats actual comedies in the best comedy category
>not even a comedy
Based Scott.
>>
Not only is this film not a comedy, every time it attempts levity and humour, it fell flat on its face.
>>
>>64752363
It's a math book primarily written for the math problems in it
>>
File: Prometheus.jpg (268 KB, 836x600) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus.jpg
268 KB, 836x600
>>64751848
doesn't make it any less shit.
>>
Literally Reddit: The Movie.
>>
>>64751097
>since the film is neither a comedy
you dense fuck, you know comedy doesnt equal stupid shit like dumb and dumber; technically every movie can either be classified as drama or comedy, thats something that dates back to roman plays
>>
>>64754567
>t. defecated in Pompeii
>>
>>64754250
>every time it attempts levity and humour, it fell flat on its face.

What about when he yelled "Science!" in an aggressive manner? The audience at my theatre laughed so hard that tears could be observed.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.