[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>starred in a movie that was nominated for best picture >supporting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 23-tom-hardy.w529.h529[1].jpg (64 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
23-tom-hardy.w529.h529[1].jpg
64 KB, 529x529
>starred in a movie that was nominated for best picture
>supporting actor in the movie that won best picture
>was never even considered for any nomination
>didn't even show up to the globes
Is the big guy to much of a meme to ever be taken seriously in Hollywood?
>>
>>64750026

>lady gaga wins best actress
>bane doesn't get nominated

rigged
>>
>>64750026
he doesnt deserve a nomination. seriously he did nothing in mad max. at all.
>>
You have to campaign for months to get nominated that's how Jonah Hill has two nominations and Gary Oldman only has one.
>>
>>64750026
He's a big meme
>>
>>64750079
>>64750089
I know he doesn't deserve a nomination. He's a dreadful try-hard over-actor.
I just wonder how he feels about all this
>>
>>64750026
>didn't even show up to the globes

He could be busy shooting a movie right now seeing as that's his job and all.
>>
>>64750026
Is it just me being a straight male faggot, or is hardy not the prettiest man around?
>>
File: tom hardy.jpg (93 KB, 386x520) Image search: [Google]
tom hardy.jpg
93 KB, 386x520
>its a Tom Hardy seduces an American milf episode
>>
File: tom-hardy-muscular-body-sexy[1].jpg (163 KB, 730x944) Image search: [Google]
tom-hardy-muscular-body-sexy[1].jpg
163 KB, 730x944
>>64750175
Sometimes he looks handsome and sometimes he doesn't.
He changes his style so often and a lot of them don't work for him
>>
although his performance in mad max was somewhat forgettable, it wasn't bad by any means

With that being said, imo he was the best actor in the revenant by a mile

sure he wasn't the main character, but whenever I saw Leo all I could thing of is "LOOK AT ME, I'M ACTING"

Hardy is a criminally underrated actor, which is really a shame desu senpai
>>
>>64750913
he was perfect in mad max imho. that role seems simple and straight forward, but I bet it's extremely hard to pull a character who has a clear moral and character and has only 3 lines of dialogue.
>>
>>64750913
>>64750987
This. I think Tom Hardy is a good actor and a good sport. Would love to hang out with him sometime.
>>
He'll at least get a nomination for best supporting actor at the oscars and Leo will get nothing. If the chosen feel like being especially vicious then Hardy will win the award.
>>
>>64750118

A part of me thinks that he just doesn't give a fuck about this kind of thing. These awards shows are just literally an excuse for rich people to get together, circle-jerk over their movies and accomplishments, and then go party hard afterwards.

Maybe hes also not big enough(for you) to where Hollywood cares about him keeping up appearances at these kinds of events or not. Either way, Hardy does well in the roles he's in and he seems pretty based in real life.
>>
>>64753001

I feel pity for him when you mention about his real life. I mean, did you look at his myspace? I had a great laugh.
>>
>>64750913
>underrated

fuck off. just because hes not winning these politic award shows doesn't mean he's being left out.
>>
>>64753233
Elaborate, anon
>>
>>64750913
He did a great job in Mad Max. It was a perfect performance of understated acting

for the polar opposite see leo in the revenant
>>
>>64750026
he's a wonderful actor, but its seriously dicaprio's time to get an oscar now.
>>
>>64753685
m8 Hardy would win best supporting.

He's not in contention for best actor.
>>
>>64753657
>for the polar opposite see hardy in the revenant
Fixed
>>
>>64750026

Would you give a fuck about an award show that gives Lady Gaga the best actress award?
>>
At least he got a pretty good shout out from leonardo"no oscar" dicaprio.
>>
>>64750913
>Hardy is a criminally underrated actor
You have the opinions of a 15 year old redditor
>>
>meme actor gets awards and nominations
>/tv/ hates him
>meme actor doesn't get awards and noinations
>/tv/ loves him
>>
>ywm based Tom snubs Leo at the oscars
>>
>>64753633

>>
>>64750026
Nobody cares about the oscar for plebs.
>>
>>64754344

Now we classify awards too? Lmao
>>
>>64754344
But, the Oscars are the Oscars for plebs.
>>
File: tom-hardy-elton-john.jpg (54 KB, 648x430) Image search: [Google]
tom-hardy-elton-john.jpg
54 KB, 648x430
>Tom Hardy has spoken about his singing ability ahead of the Elton John biopic Rocketman.

>Speaking to The Sun, Hardy admitted that he's "not a singer" but that he's "really trying" for his role of the famous singer in the upcoming biopic.

>He said: "I'm not a singer. I have no idea really.

>"I'm really trying because of Rocketman but it's hard to open my mouth in that way."

>Hardy also said that he isn't usually "drawn towards" musical roles, but says he does have a history with rapping.

>"I'm not really drawn towards singing and musicals and that stuff," he said. "I did some rap when I was a kid but I'm somebody's dad now so it wouldn't be too cool to crack that out!"

>John is serving as an executive producer on Rocketman, and is also re-recording a number of his greatest hits for the project.
>>
>>64753685
>>64754229
>>64754288
Speaking of the Oscars when are the nominations being announced?
>>
>>64754362
>Now we classify awards too?
>Now
>implying mtv awards have same value as golden globe
>>
>>64754229
>/tv/ is one person
stop it
>>
>>64754288
>you will make based Tom snubs Leo at the oscars
?
>>
>>64754439

But why? Elton John is still alive.
>>
>>64754503
>le one person meme
There's something called consensus
People hate Leo for shouting and overacting while saying Hardy was the best part of the movie for doing funny voices and overacting
>>
>>64754530
>he hasn't heard
>>
Tom Hardy did a much better film last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14uWPEYJT8s
>>
>>64754633
Christ that's dreadful. I'm glad I never watched that movie.
Tom Hardy really needs to stop trying so hard and doing all those retarded voices
>>
anybody else really want to meet Tom? He just seems like such a cool guy even though he's probably crazy busy all the time
>>
>>64750056
Yes yes what a joke
>>
>>64750026
Now is not the time for awards.
>>
He's a nonce
>>
>>64755151
That's what they sounded like though....
>>
>>64754288
what did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.