[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Chris Farley have gone the same path Sandler and Spade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1200x939
Would Chris Farley have gone the same path Sandler and Spade did, or what is his death that caused them to stop giving a shit?
>>
Neil Young said it's better to burn out than to fade away.
>>
He was just slightly funnier Melissa McCarthy.

>dude overweight lmao

His only good sketches were written by other people i.e. his coffee/restaurant freakout scene from SNL.
>>
TIL he was going to play Shrek in the motion picture Shrek by Dreamworks and even recorded some dialogue but unfortunately passed away due to his passionate hobby of cocaine and heroin whilst being a fat mess
>>
black sheep was basically just tommy boy 2.
his movies would have gotten old fast, he died a legend
>>
>>64748668
All he did was yell all the time. No different from Sandler except being fat and funny looking.
>>
>>64748668
Most definitely, thank goodness he died when he did otherwise we may have grown to hate him over time, much like the deserved hatred Sandler and his friends are receiving.
>>
>>64748668
Why can't people remember that he was a shit comedian. All of his starring roles were crap.
He was no John Candy.
>>
>>64748771
>>64748754

Pretty much this.

His main act was starting to get old and he probably wouldn't babe changed it just like Sandler didn't. Love the guy and he died at the top.
>>
>>64748668
Yep. Without a doubt.

He'd basically be playing whatever parts Kevin James did for Sandler.
>>
>>64748668
>implying he didn't invent that path
>did not give a fuck to the point of eating himself to death
>>
>>64748771

>thank goodness he died when he did.

Fuck you, anon. It's never a good thing to lose your life at such an early age, so what if he's comedies would have run their course.

Sandler is a joke now, this I know, but I would much rather have shit bombs cranked out hand over fist, then to watch someone pass away in their prime.
>>
guy was never funny
>>
>>64749548
In some alternate universe there's a Paul Blart: Mall Cop starring Chris Farley.

I shiver at the thought...
>>
>>64751540
> tfw its actually 10/10 comedy
>>
>>64751540
You shiver at the thought that a Paul Blart movie could be good?
>>
His entire fucking career was based on being a fat, loveable goof who gets laughs by having him get hurt or put in zonky situations.

I liked Tommy Boy and his small role in Dirty Work, but the guy plays the same loud and highly energetic character everytime. Im pretty sure that kind of humor wouldn't really work today as well as it did back then.

So he'd probably be stuck in some Sandler movies if he had lived. Probably even a Tommy Boy sequel with Spade
>>
>>64748668
I don't think he had the chops to do what Adam Sandler does currently (owns his own company producing shit films). And as far as Spade goes he's just still big in the stand up scene.

I think Farley would have honestly just kept pumping out satire style comedies until people began to hate it. He might have transitioned to a couple serious roles but probably have been unsuccessful
>>
>>64751599
>zonky
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.