[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the guy directing Episode VIII was the same guy that made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1427157506162.png (262 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1427157506162.png
262 KB, 500x700
So the guy directing Episode VIII was the same guy that made Looper? The movie should be great then seeing how Looper was a damn good movie. Way better than JJ's shitfest that was Episode VII.

Speaking of, What did /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
>>64746652
Oh man. This is a really REALLY stupid movie
>>
David Bowie
>>
The problem with Rian Johnson's films is that they look incredibly low budget.
>>
File: zimbabwe.jpg (344 KB, 1000x1481) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.jpg
344 KB, 1000x1481
>>64746706
this
>>
>>64746652
Pull down your pants, tuck your weak faggot boner between your legs, bend over and show us all your boy pussy you raging fucking fag.
>>
File: pooper.jpg (634 KB, 1549x2074) Image search: [Google]
pooper.jpg
634 KB, 1549x2074
>>
>>64746724
Probably because they are low budget. Episode VIII won't be though.
>>
Looper was great, though a few people here don't like it. Really, the only people who hate the movie are literal retards who couldn't follow the film despite it being very easy to understand or they went in expecting the movie to focus on time travel and not butterfly effects.
>>
>>64746782
Pull down your pants, tuck your weak faggot boner between your legs, bend over and show us all your boy pussy you raging fucking fag.
>>
They should have just fucking killed the kid.
>>
wasn't very good desu
>>
>>64746782
Time travel movies are ridiculous and nonsensical by default.
>>
>>64746733
jeje. upvoted
>>
>>64746836
Here's your (you)
>>
Will Star Wars Episode VII have time travel?
>>
>>64746823
Edgy
>>
>>64746878
Episode VIII, of course.
>>
>>64746772
>looper had a 30 million dollar budget

Yeah that's not a blockbuster budget but if you can't make something that looks good with that you're fucking hopeless
>>
>>64746900
>implying I'm wrong.
>>
>>64746846
Yet a movie like Bill and Ted can be completely paradox free while a turd like Looper has one every 5 seconds.

I'd go so far as to say Looper is the worst movie involving time travel, ever. Even if you ignore the plot and just turn off your brain, you're still left with a turd filled with weak acting, shitty characterisation, and terrible casting.

It feels like a movie where someone said, "Hey, JLH looks kinda like Bruce Willis if you're blind, why don't we do a movie about that?" and then they got a script off someone's 12 year old son and shot it.
>>
>>64746964
>Looper
>turd

Explain.
>>
>>64746652
>seeing how Looper was a damn good movie
Fuck no. It was horrible
>>
>>64746997
Time travel movie == Turd
>>
>>64747029
What is Primer?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>>64746652
> The movie should be great then seeing how Looper was a damn good movie.
>>
>>64747044
Shit too, the concept is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>64747079
Do you mean the concept of all time-travel movies (that travel through time is even possible) is flawed, or that the concept in Primer specifically is flawed?
>>
>>64747044
>>64746733
>>
>>64746997
There's no possible interpretation of time that can lead to the first scenario we encounter, the young guy being tortured to catch his older version.

It doesn't make any sense. If he was tortured for failing to kill himself, then himself from the future would have arrived as a disfigured mess that couldn't move 2 feet without support, nevermind running off.

I've seen movies that fucked up time travel before without being awful movies. Look at BttF, it's not a good time travel movie, but it's a great little adventure movie as long as you ignore a few minor niggles.

In Looper, nothing makes any sense. The entire premise is stupid. Nothing is even slightly logical. It's just an excuse to have Bruce Willis shoot some guys for an hour and then cap it all off with the funniest ending in history. Why not just blow your own arm off if you're JLH?
>>
>>64746652
It's boring, I dropped in the mid of this movie
>>
>>64747098
I mean it's flawed in general. We don't even understand what "time" really is, or if it even exists.
>>
the fact this guy is known for looper and not for brick is sickening
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.