[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do dads like gangster movies so much? >retarded violent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: goodfellas.jpg (90 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas.jpg
90 KB, 1200x849
Why do dads like gangster movies so much?

>retarded violent misogyny Italian guys killing each other
>muh rat muh honor
>he kills our guy
>we kill him

Anyway, I'm bored out of my mind whenever I watched a gangster film. Opinion?
>>
you are a cuck
>>
gangster movies are good I watched Narcos on Netflix and shit is cashhhhh

it's probably that whole truth is stranger then fiction thing, because gangsters do exist and do act like in Hollywood movies
>>
>>64745440
are you a woman?
>>
>>64745440
Terrible post, probably because you are a boring person.
>>
My dad was an alcoholic, violent, cheating piece of shit, but one of my fondest memories of him was when he told me to fetch this VHS from his HBO bootlegged library and we watched this together. I love true crime. Some people like true crime. For me it's just the fascination of how some people are brought up in this completely alien way of life from me, how people can kill other people with so little thought. This fascinates me. I really have a hard time going renegade on BioWare games. So the idea that someone can live a life like this really fascinates me.
>>
Gangster films do lend themselves to being heavily overrated. Why is this? Goodfellas is like a capeshit compared to Taxi Driver but go up to any 45 year old who wears graphic T shirts of 70s rock bands and they'll tell you it's his best.
>>
>>64745440
People love to laugh at italian americans, greasy, loud, insecure little bitches who always provide humor
>>
>>64745440

Nice b8 m8

Also tits or gtfo you walking, talking cumdumpster
>>
>>64745568
You've got to be kidding me. If you find a 45 year old like the one you describe I can guarantee you he'd prefer Taxi Driver to Goodfellas.
>>
>>64745527
A.J?
>>
My dad likes westerns
>>
They are from a generation where the crime syndicates were mostly Italian-American guys they could relate to. Now it's all La Eme, Nuestra Familia, and Russian mob guys. They're harder for the average white Americans of our generation to relate to, and they don't operate quite as openly as they did in the 70s and 80s.

There's almost no good Irish mob movies :(
>>
>>64745568
>>64745440
>hurr dadrock
>hurr dadfilm

Smells like /mu/.

Cuckold films are more your guys thing, right?

#feelthebern
>>
>>64745654
Not even close.
>>
Actually my dad is a liberal cuck who watches comedy central.

I'm the one who likes gangster movies.
>>
>>64745714

The Departed??
>>
>children actually refer to films as dadcore
>>
>>64745568
>Goodfellas is like a capeshit compared to Taxi Driver
But Taxi Driver is shit, m8.
>>
>>64745714
>There's almost no good Irish mob movies

You don't need any more than Road to Perdition, Miller's Crossing and Gangs Of New York.
>>
>>64745817
It has an actual character at least. Goodfellas is just a bunch of cartoon characters.
>>
>>64745855
Agreed.
>>
>>64745855
Not everyone has deep, existential thoughts about life and the universe you dumb lib. Some people are very two dimensional by design, look at niggers for example.
>>
>>64745817
>>64745855
>>64745870
tips fedora at le fellow gents
>>
>>64745870
>agreed
Thats what your parents said on the night you were born and they both decided that it would be better for everyone if you were quietly sold off to a paedo ring.
>>
>>64745937
>Not everyone has deep, existential thoughts about life and the universe
>look at niggers for example
Bad example, pal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGknlEWjxZc
>>
>>64745961
wew lad
>>
>>64745973
>/mu/ cuck who uses terms like "dadcore"
>defending niggers
>watching The Wire religiously
>believing crime is a product of environment rather than genes

You're the caricature here.

Go listen to Kanye or something.
>>
>>64745973
Since when did we count niggers discussing drug deals as deep existentialism?
>>
>>64745937
>Some people are very two dimensional by design, look at niggers for example

I've every confidence you'll get it down to one, anon.
>>
>>64745994
>>/mu/ cuck who uses terms like "dadcore"
what

>>defending niggers
>>watching The Wire religiously
>>believing crime is a product of environment rather than genes
It was just a joke about nigger's deep thoughts you turboautist.
>>
>>64745714
>There's almost no good Irish mob movies :(

Kill the Irishman is the best Irish mob movie
>>
>>64745994
>crime is a product of your genes

Not him, but that's retarded. There are some genes that can make you more likely to become aggressive or act in an amoral way, but without the right environment it won't result in criminal activity.
>>
My dad thinks mob movies are shit and wrongly glorify and romanticize crime even if the protagonist gets it in the end.
>>
My dad prefers westerns and cyberpunk

Checkmate, fags
>>
Everyone wants to be a gangster until they're in prison or getting killed.

It's for thirsty betas who want women.

They can't use their brains to start successful businesses so they fantasize about taking other peoples shit or selling illegal shit.
>>
>>64746048
>Not him, but that's retarded.

No, what's retarded is believing evolution stops at the neck because human beings are speshul snowflakes while laughing at Christians for not believing in evolution.

>but without the right environment it won't result in criminal activity.

The only type of environment that demonstrably stops criminal people is strict criminal justice. Look at Germany.
>>
>>64746100
There are no genes that make you want to break specific laws, that's just not something that exists. I never said that evolution stops at humans or whatever, and I didn't imply it.

You haven't refuted anything I said in my other post. There are genes for aggression and immorality, but outside of a criminal environment they hardly ever lead to criminal activity.
>>
>>64746146
This explains why africa is a safe haven of peace while bulgaria is a violent hellhole.
>>
>>64745440

Same reason /tv/ plebs love SCI-FI and POST APOCALYPTIC garbage.
>>
>>64746146
>There are no genes that make you want to break specific laws

No, there are genes that control for the androgen receptors that create cortisol, which is proven to limit aggressiveness and stress, and which have a demonstrable link to violent crime.

>but outside of a criminal environment they hardly ever lead to criminal activity.

Yeah, that explains why every place on earth with a significant diaspora population of West Africans, from Guangzhou to London, has problems with their criminality. OOPS!
>>
>>64746162
Tribal warfare =/= criminal activity (per se)

That wasn't what we were talking about buddy
>>
File: 122740e93.png (219 KB, 570x321) Image search: [Google]
122740e93.png
219 KB, 570x321
>>64746095

Betas self-insert becomes the 'best' show of all time.

The truth is 99% of people are betas. Not everyone can be a leader, it wouldn't make any sense.

So the betas love the idea of being a badass and cool and making money.

>The Wire
>The Sopranos
>Game of Thrones
>Breaking Bad
>All "LITERALLY THE GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME"
>All Beta self-inserts into crime shows
>>
File: Miles_O'Brien_after_20_yrs.jpg (47 KB, 871x871) Image search: [Google]
Miles_O'Brien_after_20_yrs.jpg
47 KB, 871x871
>tfw everyone on /tv/ calls your taste dad taste or dadcore
I'm only 28 and not even a dad :(
>>
>>64746215
>I'm only 28 and not even a dad :(
You never grew out of your wrong generation phase. You are a teenager in an adult body. This is also why you have failed to reproduce.
>>
>>64746206
I was talking about the developed areas of africa. The towns and cities. The violent crime. Not the warlords.
The village type areas are surprisingly low in violent crime.
>>
File: 1447491651121.jpg (52 KB, 856x452) Image search: [Google]
1447491651121.jpg
52 KB, 856x452
>>64746291
That and my gf can't have kids
>>
>>64745440
Because you have no honor. You cannot even think what honor is. You are just a woman. Or a nĂ¼-man, which is even worse.
>>
>>64746370
>gangsters
>honor
top kek. Did you even see goodfellas?
>>
>>64746341
>my gf can't have kids
Nice.
>>
>>64746214
How the fuck do you self-insert into Sopranos? The entire show shows the main character as a depressed, hollow, narcisstic and selfish man who sold his conscience to the American state.
>>
>>64746451
People rooted for Tony for the entire duration of the show no matter how Chase hard made a point of showing what a complete piece of shit he was.
>>
>>64745440
My dad is 72 years old

He thoroughly enjoyed The Wash with snoop dogg when it came on tv one day
>>
>>64746370
>defends the "honor" of mafias literally built on stabbing each other in the back.
>too autistic to see the irony.
>>
>>64746325
>developed
>full of slums and homeless
Africa socially is still at the tribal level. If you look at inter tribal conflict theres tons. If you look at intra tribal conflict theres not much at all
>>
>>64745440
I don't know if you're trying to be contrarian or what but I completely agree with you.
I just don't see the point of this dumb glorification of violent smug assholes.
>>
>>64745973
>obvious platitude
>woah man, that's like so deep
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.