[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good things in prequels: >Music >Based Shev >Obi-Wan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Lucas goes to town.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lucas goes to town.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Good things in prequels:
>Music
>Based Shev
>Obi-Wan
>Setting, all those beautiful planets
>Some design, ships, clothes etc are awesome
>General screen, camera movements, angles 10/10

Bad things in prequels:
>Minichloriums
>Boring acting and wooden cringeworthy dialogues
>Pacing is really slow
>Story is a confusing mess
>Poetry, rehashing scenes, all sith lords are Darths with red lightsabers now because Darth Vader
>Darth Maul and his retarded double lightsaber
>Some design, a lots of things look like from completely different franchise like battle droids, Grievous, Techno union guy etc
>Villains were only for comedy
>CGI was really bad, especially they stoped give a shit after TPM
>Sandakin Skywalker, you can't watch OT now with knowing how annoying faggot he was. He wasn't good friend
>OT characters are ruined Yoda jumping with little lightsaber and especially Boba Fett, he is not only a clone but a clone of a guy who got cloned into a whole galactic army
>>
I unironically tell people to skip the prequels and they believe me. I can't count the number of people that have avoided the prequels thanks to my advice.
>>
>>64745124
There are no flaws in the prequels you fucking redditlettermedia tool. Only anti-intellectual scumbags believe that the prequels are anything but art.
>>
>>64745124

> Minichloriums

There is nothing with midichlorians.

> Pacing is really slow

I bet you want a fast JJ style pace in every movie. That is the most pleb opinion.

> Story is a confusing mess

The story is one way the prequels are better then the OT simply because they don't rehash the death star so it is the least repetitive. There is actually a gradual progression shown from the republic to the empire.

> Poetry

It is a prequel so there is a moderate amount of poetry but at least there isn't another death star.

> Some design, a lots of things look like from completely different franchise like battle droids, Grievous, Techno union guy etc

You just complain because thing look the same now you are complaining they look different.
>>
Midichlorians were really stupid.
Jar Jar was annoying.
Oveuse of CGI.
Darth Maul and Dooku's deaths were kind of rushed and disappointing for such great characters.

Other than that, the prequels were perfect.
>>
Holy fuck does he even know what he's doing...
>>
>>64745124
>Minchloriums
Midichlorians were a minor point.

>Boring acting and wooden cringeworthy dialogues
The prequels had top-notch performances from Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Christopher Lee, and Ian McDiarmid. Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen were alright. Jake Lloyd sucked.

>Pacing is really slow
Really? I found them to be a bit more fast paced than the original trilogy.

>Story is a confusing mess
Got to disagree. The stories are really straight forward, same as the original films. Republic and Jedi are good just like Rebels are good. Separatist and Sith are bad just like Empire is bad.

>Poetry, rehashing scenes, all sith lords are Darths with red lightsabers now because Darth Vader
It's not nearly as bad as The Force Awakens, which rehashes an entire movie. Most the nods to the original series are pretty subtle. Darth being a title was a thing prior to the prequels in the extended universe, as was red lightsabers being bad guy lightsabers. I don't care for the Darth thing, but it's not a big deal.

>Some design, a lots of things look like from completely different franchise like battle droids, Grievous, Techno union guy etc
So you don't like rehashing but want rehashing?

>Villains were only for comedy
I don't remember any comedic moments with Maul, Dooku, Grievous, or Palpatine. The battle droids have moments where they're jokes, but so do stormtroopers, and the battle droids are also shown to be more than capable when they have numbers (like Kenobi and Jinn run away and hide from them at the beginning of the first movie, and then the Jedi get surrounded by them and surrender in the arena until the clones save them).

>CGI was really bad, especially they stoped give a shit after TPM
For the time, it was better than what we were getting.
>>
>>64745124

>Sandakin Skywalker, you can't watch OT now with knowing how annoying faggot he was. He wasn't good friend
He and Kenobi aren't close in Clones, but we see their friendship grow after they go through the ordeal in the arena and get their butts kicked by Dooku, which is why, when we see them again in Revenge, they're best buds (at least at the beginning).

>OT characters are ruined Yoda jumping with little lightsaber and especially Boba Fett, he is not only a clone but a clone of a guy who got cloned into a whole galactic army
Yoda is a Jedi. The lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi. I think your main complaint is with the series itself and not the prequels. Jedis use lightsabers. It's what they do. Yes, even Yoda. That's Star Wars.

As for Boba, his whole thing was that he was a special clone, made without all the bullshit tacked on to the clones (like the military programming and the enhanced aging).
>>
>>64745124
They should do a Sheev/Kenobi trilogy and bring in Lucas as a PA.
>>
>>64745253

Hello, reddit!
>>
>>64745124
>>Darth Maul and his retarded double lightsaber
This is a good thing though
>>
>>64745124

>Literally shot-reverse-shot: The Movie

No.
>>
File: E2coru38.jpg (182 KB, 1916x808) Image search: [Google]
E2coru38.jpg
182 KB, 1916x808
>>64745124
Can't forget such amazing scenes as this one!
>>
>>64745976
I don't think Christopher Lee could be a bad actor even if he tried
>>
>>64745124
>Boba Fett
>Not ruined by the OT
Seriously, Boba only gets praised due to EU shit, post and pre OT time. He does nothing but falling into the Sarlacc.
And being the Clone of the toughest son of a bitch whose genome won the war is not ruining him as a character. At all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.